November 24, 2014 | 1280 users online

Foundations - Chanel - Pro Lumiere Professional Finish Make-Up ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2010 11:10:00 PM More reviews by charla21

has good coverage in relation to its consistency blends very well. it smells like paint, and this is the only foundation that makes me shine, its not even a nice shine it looks oily where light reflects not a good foundation to photograph in, just been looking at some pictures and my cheeks look like the sun.. also it photographs quite white (or maybe its the camera because i was using a different one).

the foundation isnt long lasting, if you powder it the lumiere effect kinda goes. i dont enjoy puting this product on and it makes my chin and nose midly itch... ewww

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2010 4:48:00 AM More reviews by charmed88

I've been using it for about 4 months now and here are my notes:
    PROS
    - I've never had any problem with my skin
    - Nice finish
    - Applies evenly, good for building
    CONS
    - I need to use a powder finish after (this might just be my personal taste, but I feel like it looks a little oily on my skin if I have JUST the foundation & some concealer)
    - I can't tell how much is in the bottle! (Seriously, I'm worried that I'm going to suddenly run out one day unexpectedly)

I probably would buy again. Providing I have $60 to spend on foundation...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2010 10:07:00 AM More reviews by pandaxen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am on my second bottle of this, most fluid foundations cause me to breakout, cracks, or fails to conceal my acne scars but with this, I dont even need a concealer. Its coverage is great- high but it doesnt go on cakey. I put it over my moisturizer every morning, at 8am, set it with loose powder, and remove it at about 9pm after work. I have very sensitive and acne prone skin but even at the end of the day, there is no redness, itchiness or sign of tiny bumps and my ace still looks dewy. I have combination skin as well but I dont even need to touch up the whole day just maybe blot my nose when I remember. Great stuff, definitely at the top of my list for best liquid foundations.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2010 9:06:00 AM More reviews by CStuartMonteith

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation has got very good coverage, however it is soooo shiny on the face, you might as well rub your face with oil. My skin is dry but probably not dry enough for this foundation. I suppose you could add a layer of powder on top, but I don't personally like the made up look you cannot avoid with powders.
    I got the no. 30, which is a good color for my skin, however the higher numbers are very yellow-orange.
    What is it with cosmetics people, why do they have to produce such deep yellow bases? Too pink is no good either, how about a nice medium like beige?

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2010 12:42:00 AM More reviews by LolaPS

PROS:
    -blends nicely
    -dewy finish

CONS:
    -light-med coverage (but you can build the coverage, although I personally don't like feeling like I'm wearing a thick layer of foundation)
    -you can 'feel' the foundation; it really makes your face feel oily.
    -Spent $59 at Macy's, yikes!

REFERENCE:
    -I'm NC 30 with combination skin.
    -I wear shade shell.

NOTE:
    -I think Laura Mercier's Silk Creme Foundation is a far better choice.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2010 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Lovemymakeup

This is a great product it's med to full coverage it goes on very smooth gives a dewy look stays on all day I wk very close to people n I have to say people always tell me I have great skin what they don't know that this is my secret ;) I love this ! the price is high but quality cost right u get what u pay for with this item I usually use mac NC30 n withis I use # 42 it's a great oilfree foundation which is great for tx weather

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2010 7:25:00 PM More reviews by creoula

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My HG foundation in the past was Chanel Vitalumiere however the Pro Lumiere has kicked it out of the top spot. The Chanel Pro Lumiere is my go to foundation for events & if getting pictures taken. This is a medium to heavy foundation & is best applied using a foundation brush (not as good with fingers) also set with your fave powder of choice (I don't find it necessary to set unless I'm having my picture taken).
    I use this in #30 Shell & its not an exact match but I can get away with it, #20 is a tad too light. For reference I'm MAC NC30.
    Price $ is a bit pricey but I purchase this at duty-free so its not that bad.
    I can't say anything bad about this foundation, its a total new love.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2010 10:58:00 AM More reviews by sheepo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

My latest foundation purchase in a string of many! I am in love with the finish of pro lumiere. It gives me that smooth, flawless, glowing (without looking greasy) look that I am always trying to nail! I'm afraid there's a but though....Chanel really need to work on their colour range. I am very fair with warm, pinky undertones and this is horribly yellow on me. I use shade 10 limpide. I find I can get away with it with alot of blending but for this reason I only use it for evenings and social events. Gives great coverage and blends easily..I also find I like to use my fingers when applying this foundation. Really special and beautiful for creating a flawless, sophisticated look and would be a holy grail if I could find a perfect shade!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2010 5:36:00 PM More reviews by chikky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love the colour match(20 Clair - Cameo) & texture. I lasts long hours.

However, doesn anyone have the problem of the product pieces crumbling in your fingers when applying it?

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2010 5:46:00 PM More reviews by CocoG10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the most wonderful foundation I have ever used...and I've used a lot. Whilst I'm never disappointed by a Chanel foundation (and I've tried them all), this is my favourite.
    The consistency is great and it offers a buildable coverage. I wear a little for a more natural finish, or I can add more to problem areas as and when they arise. I find it long lasting, although after a particularly gruelling session at the gym it does look very patchy but I'd expect that.
    Colour-wise, the shade I use is a perfect match. I can throw it on in the dark and go out knowing it will look good.
    I know a lot of people will gripe about the price but it's Chanel - you're paying for a quality product. You should always spend as much as possible on your foundation as it is, after all, the "foundation" to the rest of your look. If you can stretch to it, I'd definitely recommend it.