MAC Full Coverage Foundation

3.8

Octyldodecanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Silica, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Polybutene, Alumina, Stearic Acid. May contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ultramarines.

on 2/11/2008 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have been looking for my HG foundation for years and I have found it! A little about my skin, I have an oily T-zone that tends to get dried out from acne treatments, huge pores, a few pimples (adult acne sucks) and due to lack of sunscreen in my younger years I have some sunspots and some dark (not pitted) acne scars as well. I have been looking for a foundation that covered very well, but that didn't look cakey/masky and that didn't turn orange or accentuate my dry patches. I went into the MAC Pro Store today after reading all the reviews. I thought I was an NC37-NC40, but then again I haven't been color matched in forever. The MA said I was more NC30-NC35. Since the NC colors in this foundation are super yellow (and I mean SUPER yellow), and the colors tend to run dark the MA used NW25. She stippled it on with a medium to light hand and then blended for what seemed like the length of time it takes to get a man to clean his own dishes (forever). Then she swept NC30 sheer pressed powder over it to "cut back on the pink", though I didn't think the foundation looked pink at all. She then swiped on just a touch of bronzer on the high points of my face in Golden to warm it all up and bring it to the perfect color. It looked great in the store, but the real test, I went out in the daylight. BIG WOW!! I was so excited to go back in and buy my new treasures! Super flawless skin that is now the right color and not masky at all! I have worn it all day and it still looks great. I am just praying that it doesn't make me break out. I never had a problem with MAC foundations unlike so many of you ((hugs)) and I am keeping my fingers crossed. I think it is very important that you get color matched in the store for this as the colors are different than many if their other foundations. Way to go MAC!!
**UPDATE** It's been a week and no breakouts, but I have found that it does clog a little, but nothing that a good makeup remover doesn't take care of. I am in LOVE with my new HG **pets the compact lovingly**

on 2/10/2008 4:23:00 AM

I've been using this as a tattoo cover on my clients for years and for some reason, I never tried it on the face. After reading the reviews I figured why not? I started with my foundation brush and stippling it onto the face the same way I usually apply when I use it as a tattoo cover but no matter how little I used it just looked a little blotchy. Then I tried applying with my beloved 187 brush, but it looked too heavy. Finally, I sprayed my 187 brush with Fix+, then swirled the brush in the foundation and stippled it onto my face...can I say WOW!!!
Pores..GONE..redness..GONE..scarring..GONE..just a perfect dewy canvas. Add a pop of blush and a stroke of powder in the T-zone and I was done. It also lasted hours thru sweat and humidity. I've started using this on my clients as well and it is almost as good as the airbrushing I normally would use on them. Because of the application, very little product is necessary so the compact will last you a long time. My only complaint is that the little plastic dome keeps popping out of my compact. I've had to glue it back in place 3 times already! Also, I'm normally NC20-25 in Studio Fix but I use C20 in the Full Coverage(I have NC20 and NC30 in this formula but the C20 was the best match)so I would have a SA match you before buying your MAC shade.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

(Note: This review is cross-posted to Studio Finish and Full Coverage concealer as they are the exact same product, with the difference of SPF.)

First off, for those of you who find yourselves going through the small pot of Studio Finish concealer particularly quickly - Especially if you use it to conceal larger areas of your face besides the undereyes - MAC's Full Coverage foundation, available at freestanding stores, not counters, is one full ounce of the Studio Finish concealer in a mirrorless 28g compact for only about 2x the cost. The only difference is the absence of titanium dioxide in the Full Coverage that gives this concealer the SPF35.

I'm oily, acne and clog prone. However, I find that stippling on Studio Finish concealer/Full Coverage with a foundation brush (VERY sparingly) gives me this amazing airbrushed finished that does not break me out or clog my pores. A large synthetic foundation brush gently tapped onto the surface of the concealer/foundation will give you more than enough to coverage a square 2 inches of your face. Because of this, my skin does seem to be able to breathe and so far - has not caused me problems.

HOWEVER, if you have had past issues with MAC face products - I can't vouch for it. I am no idealist and realize how much hell MAC products can wreak on some people's skin. For that reason, I recommend you get a sample - Most counters will give generous samples good for more than a week's use. With Studio Finish/Full Coverage, your sample may very well last you a month or more.

This concealer is thick, and emollient based. Because of this, it "melts" onto my skin and gives me a perfected finish that I've never been able to achieve with other, oil free liquid or cream foundations. A little goes a long way and this makes blending incredibly essential to making this concealer look good. You will need to work the product over your skin, and in return - it will really perfect the surface. This covers my pitted acne scars and discolored marks better than anything I've ever used. Also - using the aforementioned "tap, stipple and blend" technique - It looks natural. Even the MAC Pro Store makeup artist was amazed that it was Full Coverage on my skin.

As a final note - Full Coverage and Studio Finish shades on the website may seem less than complete, but freestanding stores and Pro stores have a selection that you may be able to find shades you didn't realize existed. My Pro Store carries C25 - a shade long disappeared from the regular line of MAC face products.

Below is the ingredient list. Note the difference between the two is titanium dioxide, the sunscreen ingredient.

Full Coverage Foundation:

Studio Finish Concealer SPF35:
Octyldodecanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Silica, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Titanium Dioxide, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Polybutene, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Alumina, Stearic Acid

on 2/8/2008 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Ok, after reading good and bad reviews about this foundation, I decided to go to the MAC store and buy this, I have oily skin, lots of dark little acne scars, but my facial skin is pretty acne free although I have those little pesky scars, I am the type of girl who likes a flawless face everyday so I gave this a try and it gives me what I have been searching for, and trust me I have been to many counters and have had good experiences, but this ones is really best. I have had foundations from chanel, other MAC ones, shiseido, givenchy, bobbi brown, smashbox, clinique, and many others and the only ones that has given my similar coverage is the CHANEL one, but only becuase i use the DPF compact over the prolumiere, but just a light application. This full coverage foundation gives ,me full coverage look, and i dont have to apply concealer. which i love, it is really easy to apply and blend, becuase of its creamy consistency, and trsut me a little goes a very long way with this foundation, I use a foundation brush and it work very good with a very even finish, which i love. Overall this is a great foundation, the only minor problem if it can be called that is that they have a very small shade range, and I usually use NC40, and the closest to that is C4, becuase I'm a little more yellow toned anyways, and the NW40 is horribly pink on MY skin, and I hate looking pink, the C40 is good shade, but I would have liked to see if the NC40 should be an EXACT shade. overall a great product that withstands my oilyness throught the day and has great staying power. Will repurchase after its finished, which will be in a very very long time i think.

on 1/21/2008 6:42:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

i was excited about oredering this product beucase i thought it would cover my scars and occasional blemishes, and i really didnt think it helped that all all, actually it broke me out quite a bit. i was disappointed because i rarley ever have breakouts and i thought it would make my skin look beautiful becuase of all the great reviews i read about it.

on 1/9/2008 8:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Love this foundation. It's a very thick, pigmented cream that needs to applied with a light hand and lots of blending. I found it gives the most coverage out of all the MAC foundations and even some of their concealers. I actually got this to replace the liquid Select Cover Up. It hasn't broken me out despite that it's has a ton of waxes and is a heavy foundation. I found it's long lasting. You definitely do need to set it with powder. I shade I use is NC35.
I do find this rivals Cover FX Total Coverage Cream Foundation- but MAC ends up being less than half the cost for me. ( Cover FX is $39 vs MAC $18.90- I get a 30% off discount. )

on 1/8/2008 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I've only been wearing makeup since I was 20, so I haven't really gone all out on the options, but so far I'd have to say that this foundation is the best. It really does cover up my redness and some of my scars from my acne.

on 12/23/2007 12:59:00 AM

To begin, I am NC 30 w/ normal to dry skin, and I have med-dark undereye circles that are hereditary **yay!...NOT!** I mention my med-dark under eye circles because I only use this MAC Full Coverage foundation as a concealer primer :) I generally wear a fluid foundation as I have used "cream" type foundations in the past and do not prefer the feel of it all over my face, but by reading the reviews here on MUA for this product I was amazed to learn that this product is virtually the same product that is used in MAC's Studio pot concealer. Besides I received this in a swap and decided to try it as a concealer as I received this in NW 25. The lighter shade is preferred as I like my under eye area to be a tad "lightened" and make me look awake. I used to use MAC peach color corrector before I applied my EL Double Wear concealer ( love it) over it, but noticed it made my undereye area look darker as the day proceeded. So one day, I dug this MAC Full Coverage foundation out of my train case and applied it lightly under my eye area w/ a MAC 190 brush...I then let it sit for a minute and applied my EL DW concealer (med) over it...again w/ another MAC 190 brush. Keep in mind I would pat and blend the foundation and the concealer under my eye, not just "swipe" it. After I let my EL DW concealer set, I would give the undereye area a light dusting of LM Secret Brightening Powder in 01, and taa-daa...the results were amazing! My dark circles were concealed, my under eye area looked smooth and bright, there was no creasing, and I looked awake. The results lasted all-day. I highly recommend trying MAC Full Coverage Foundation for concealing or as a concealer primer as you get alot more product for your $$ rather than buying the small Studio Concealer in the pot, besides if you like using this product as a concealer, you just might like it also as a foundation...so therefore it is now a multi-tasking product! Not bad IMO :) I did take off 1 lippy as I am not sure of the SPF or even if it contains any SPF...but overall a great product.

on 12/22/2007 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Until i discovered Full Coverage i only ever used liquid foundations as i thought the effect would be too mask-like and my skin is in pretty good condition anyway. But FC really transforms me into a porcelain doll:) I'm a PPP with yellow undertones and my perfect match is NC 20. I apply this with my Becca foundation brush. My skin looks even toned and airbrushed. FC doesn't crease, stays put for 12 hours+ and doesn't look cakey. Highly recommended!

on 12/18/2007 12:48:00 PM

This is a great full coverage foundation. It really does what it says and covers everything. I have alot of redness around my nose and eyes and this covers brilliantly. I have found the best way to apply is with a slightly damp spong so the coverage is not too heavy, also best to use a little at a time as you dont need too much. Photographs really well (A couple of pics of me wearing in profile). This isnt one to go for if you want a really natural look. I wish it wore a little longer, I get some oil in my T-zone after a while hence the 4 lippies. Wish it was oil free.

Popular Crème Foundations