October 2, 2014 | 1049 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 55

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2009 4:49:00 AM More reviews by divakimmy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Other than the fact that it goes on a little thick, there's nothing bad that I can say about this. Does the job, and I can use it on my face without irritation if need be. It's the only sunscreen I'll use.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2009 5:24:00 PM More reviews by eq2008

I have finally found a sunblock I can use on my face! I never like the smell and the feel of sunblock on my skin esp. my face until I found this. It's very lightweight, non sticky, no white mask-like layer on my face.

Update: This product uses chemical sunscreen avobenzone which I am quite comfortable using for health reasons.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2009 9:08:00 AM More reviews by roroluca

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this because it's a great price for its size and especially because CVS is having a 30% off sale (online) on all sun products! Alas, this irritated my somewhat sensitive skin.

I had no problems using the SPF 30 version of this SS (I used an entire bottle last year - took me 8 months so I probably didn't use the recommended 1 T. amt every day) but I don't know if it's something to do with the ingredients but this STUNG my face when I applied it to bare skin! It didn't really make my face red but it was very uncomfortable and I haven't even dared try to put this onto bare skin again.

I tried to use this on top of moisturizer but it still stung my face. Although it has the best finish I've ever tried (LRP Ultra Light SS Fluid was NOT matte at all for me), it's just too irritating.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2009 9:49:00 AM More reviews by ganicity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I say to myself also why such bad reviews and like others this this is officially now my HG sunblock ....I rarely use anything from neutrogena but from the MUA reviews i decided to give this a try since im trying to heal my acne scars and noticed how the sun exposure only make my acne scars more red and scarry lol... but newho i love how it absorbs into my skin leaving a matte finish. I love the smell that's the smelll sunscreen suppose to have neways for all you who say it smells ... I love how this doesnt leave a white film on ur face b/c i really massage it in well to take out the whiteness... My skin overall has improved due to this thanks mua

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2009 4:19:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received a sample of this as an extra in a swap - I love it! This rivals and maybe even surpasses my Eucerin Extra Protective Face Lotion simply because it has more spf and provides more of a matte finish, and it works well under makeup. The formula is creamy and thick, and a little goes a long way. The only complaint I have is that the scent, while not unpleasant, is pretty strong. But I will still probably purchase the large size of this product when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2009 9:38:00 PM More reviews by shorty1996

I LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 <3 :) :)
it doesnt clog my pores
it DOESNT make me BREAKOUT
has lots of SPF dats sooo good
i will soooo buy more when im done

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2009 6:35:00 PM More reviews by annachristina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was another Dollar General find. I mix this with my Bioelements moisturizer since it doesn't have any SPF. If I'm not careful, I can put on too much and it leaves a white film. I haven't tested this under makeup yet because I don't wear makeup often.

The product doesn't clog or leave a flim when I use it correctly and i haven't experienced any clogging or burning as other reviews have, but I have noticed that my friends with dry skin haaaaate this stuff on their faces. It causes burning and irritation, so be careful if you have dry skin.

I wish it had a flip cap as aopposed to a removeable one, but it's not a huge deal in the long run.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2009 12:09:00 PM More reviews by tm5473

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really hate this sunscreen. I use it for my body and both times I have applied it, it leaves a white film that gets all over my clothes. It just doesn't soak in! Today I have a black skirt on (I am heading out for a mid-day walk) and the bottom half of it now has a whitish cast that is impossible to wipe off. Do yourself (and your clothes) a big favor and don't but this product.
UPDATE: I even hate it more than before (one hour later.) I just went for a walk during my lunch break (it is really hot) and now my leather chair is full of white film and it is getting all over my clothes. I just threw it out. This is the worst stuff ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2009 6:40:00 PM More reviews by malogale

I'm surprised at many of the negative reviews on here. I have combination/normal skin, and for me, this sunscreen is awesome. It is a physical sunscreen (so it shouldn't be irritating...that's weird some said it was), has super-high spf, doesn't clog pores, doesn't cause breakouts, doesn't smell really bad, and best of all has a great feel. It leaves your skin soft and matte. You could totally apply makeup over-top. It's also not too expensive. I would only use it for your face, though. I found that the matte action felt bizarre on my body.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2009 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Arachne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love it. OMG! I am so loving this ultra sheer dry-tough sunblock SPF 55 with Helioplex. I was using Sonya Dakar 360 for the few years was tired of spending a fortune on sunscreen and having to order it online. Also, by the end of the day my skin was super greasy. My aesthetician recommended that I try the Neutrogena with Helioplex and boy and I glad I did. I wear this every single day on my face. I'm glad it offers UVA and UVB protection. I'm a LLL and I have a lot of freckles. It's light and soaks right into my skin. The scent is very subtle and it's fresh. I really like the scent! It doesn't leave me greasy and even at the end of a hot day, I'm still not shiny. I'm very active, and whether I'm doing Pilates, Yoga, spinning, or running, I can wear this and sweat. It doesn't turn white (Hello Coppertone Sport) and It never EVER burns my eyes. Layers very nicely under my makeup. I actually find it to be a better primer than MAC Prep + Prime 50. The best thing, it's easy to find and you can't beat the price.