Almay One Coat Nourishing Mascara Triple Effect

3.5

blah

Eh. I don't really like the brush...I know that Revlon (which owns Almay) likes the idea of the two-sided brush with a flat side, but I just don't think it works very well.

I like the formula, so I am going to try one of the One Coat versions with a regular brush next.

Edit: I took the brush from my Rimmel Eye Magnifier mascara and tried it with this--voila, a much better result. It just needs a more functional brush.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

New favorite, for the time being.
My mum had had it for a while and she found she got more under her eyes than on her lashes so she gave it to me.
I tried it and loved it!
- long lovely lashes
- curled
- defined
- soft
It didn't make my lashes over hard or anything. it was a cross between a day time mascara and a dramatic night time, more toward the dramatic for me but that might just be how i apply it or hot my lashes naturally are.
The brush kind of creeped me out because it looks like a death trap for clumps but i was pleasantly surprised.

on 8/31/2009 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I tried an Almay One Coat years ago & it was pretty good! Easy to apply, minimal smudging, and very sensibly priced (I think it might have been at Costco in a 3-pack!). I decided to try again with an impulse buy with this one. Not the greatest. 3 lippies are probably generous. I get a LOT more smudging with this mascara, as it basically melts off within an hour or so.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This mascara really didn't do much for me. The formula was much too watery, and the brush so wide it actually touches your eye when you apply it. The formula was the main problem. Not only do you end up looking like you were not wearing mascara, layering also did nothing to further the effect of this mascara.

on 8/17/2009 12:33:00 AM

Great drugstore mascara! I got it in a 2 pack for 9.00 Canadian and gave one to my Mom. I had tried about 15 mascaras before this, and I couldnt find one that worked well for me until I stumbled on this one.
PROS
The waterproof one stays on until I take it off, even if I cry or go to the gym.
No flaking
I dont think it would clump if you tried
Lenghtens
Makes my lashes all uniform length and thickness
Doesn't run in the humidity
Curls your lashes and keeps them curled

CONS
It really doesnt give them as much volume as I would like, but I am willing to sacrifice that for all the pros.

on 8/9/2009 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

one of the best drugstore mascaras. it does a great job of curling and lengthening. kinda skimps out on the volume but one of my favorite drugstore mascaras.

on 7/7/2009 4:08:00 PM

i got this mascara a few years ago for gym, but threw it in my makeup bag and forgot about it. i decided to use it again for going to a pool party a week ago, and i really liked it! not only did it stay on my lashes without any smearing, it actually looked lovely. it separated my lashes with absolutely NO clump, something that always happens with other mascaras. It also curled them to a very pretty luscious length. i looked like a faerie!
ill update this review after a few more uses.

oh, one thing- this is murder to take off! i had to use so many cotton balls to adequately get this stuff off; it's *too* waterproof.

on 6/30/2009 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i saw this in the magazine and it had a picture of how it looked like applied and i liked the way it looked, they wrote it was feather like i think but anyways it had triple effect. so i went and got this at walgreens and i hated it at first because it was heavy and clumpy. but later tried different ways and different sides of the brush and its oks. i dont use the lengthing side because i feel its the clumpy side ahha and makes me feel uncomfortable. the short curling side is more me, i feel it is lighter and holds the curl better. its not clump free, but pretty clumpless, its theres a clump its really small and easily removable just by combing over it with the mascara or another tool. but i dont like how at the end of my day, i look like i have dark circles haha it travels but not on the whole under eye just on the outter corners on the bottom.

on 6/27/2009 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

No volume! Very drying. I would definitely not purchase this again.

on 6/22/2009 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I bought this mascara because it had a few good reviews and I found it in packaging that came with an eyeliner.
I still use this mascara occasionally because I FINALLY became used to the brush. I have really curly lashes but a friend of mine with long straight lashes tried the mascara and it was able to keep her lashes curled for a full school day. ANd she didn't need a curler.
The packaging for this product is cute but the formula is too thick for my liking. I often prefer a "wetter" product that is easy to build for a dramatic look. The Triple effect was more of an everyday low drama look.

Wasn't a huge fan of this one.

Popular Mascaras