December 22, 2014 | 882 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Pro Skincare Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2011 11:30:00 AM More reviews by krimzonshell

I have to say, ever since I started using the Clarisonic Brush, my skin has been reborn. I have, or rather had, acne-prone skin with pigmentation and overall unevenness. My acne and subsequent red spots only got worse after I had my child. This brush, in combination with Philosophy's Purity cleaner, has made such a huge difference in my skin that even my husband stopped to comment on how good my skin has been looking. I had a hard time justifying the cost to myself when I saw how expensive the brush was, but seeing how good my skin looks now, it was worth every penny. I use it at night as part of my night routine and every other day use it with a scrub in leiu of the Purity cleanser and its absolutely fantastic. It's not too rough, but you can still feel it working on your face. Be forewarned though, you might break out the first day or two only because it really is cleaning out your pores. Since I started using this, it's helped PREVENT acne cysts and has limited my breakouts to the days when I get lazy and don't take the makeup off at night.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2011 7:38:00 PM More reviews by promokaren

Oh. My. God. I must've been living under a rock, because I had no knowledge of the Clarisonic until I saw it spotlighted on this Website. I am EXTREMELY pleased with this product. I know that it has produced spider veins on some people's faces... so proceed with caution. For me, I've used it for 6 months with no problems. I prefer to use it with Philosophy's Purity cleanser. This product makes such a difference in the way my skin looks and feels. If I wash my face the old fashioned way, I can immediately feel the difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2011 8:07:00 AM More reviews by saisy76

Changed my skin over time. My face is much less greasy and oily, and my pores are definitely smaller. I used to use 2x a day but my skin is on the sensitive side so I have found that one use a day is ideal.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2011 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Alexa19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Like everyone else in the make up community I wanted one of these as soon as I started hearing all of the amazing reviews about it. And I actually managed to swap for a pink full size clarisonic through make up alley (so glad I didn't fork out all that money for it). But it definitely didn't live up to expectations.

I will say in it's defense that it did a reasonable job of cleaning my face but honestly I think to clean my face as well as I possibly can that using my hands is the best option. The clarisonic struggles to clean round certain angles of your face e.g. around your nose. I had to go over my nose with cleanser after using the clarisonic just to make sure that it had fully cleansed the area, which it hadn't most of the time.

The clarisonic is good in the sense that it gives you an allotted time to clean each area of your face, as for most people simply not spending enough time cleansing means that they are not fully removing all dirt on the skin. But for me, knowing how important skin care is, have always known to spend at least a minute cleansing my face anyway.
The clarisonic did make my face smooth when I used it but in my opinion the smoothness wasn't comparable to when I used an exfoliator.

The clarisonic also slightly irritated my skin. Thankfully I didn't break out like alot of the negative reviews say but it did damage my skin. And yes, I was using it correctly. It took my skin a good few weeks to return to it's normal state.

So overall, I genuinely wasn't impressed. The cons greatly outweigh any small benefits gained.

Cons:
1. Ridiculous cost for what is essentially a big beeping electric toothbrush
2. You need to replace the brush head at least every three months and that isn't cheap either
3. Can be too harsh for the skin on your face
4. Cleanses well but not well enough

Pros:
1. It's pink
2. It looks nice in your bathroom

15 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2011 11:09:00 AM More reviews by kissiesfromkay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Nothing has done more for my skin than my clarisonic. My skin is very dry, due to a run with accutane In high school. This keeps my skin soft, exfoliated and spot free. I only use this at night after I've used my skin wipes, with my elemis tri-enzyme resurfacing wash. I use the sensitive or deep pore cleaning heads

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2011 9:23:00 PM More reviews by xioma

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using the Clarisonic Brush for about two years now and I wouldn't do without it. I use the sensitive skin brush with Cetaphil or the Seaweed cleanser from The Body Shop. I've noticed that if and when I stop using it, there's a definite difference in my skin. The Clarisonic brush makes my skin brighter. I will be buying the Mia for travel.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2011 2:19:00 PM More reviews by Casshausserman

I really like this face washing brush. I use it twice a day and with the multiple speeds and time settings you can get a very light or more intense cleaning. My skin feels very silky and smooth after washing and I feel like the tone is better and my pore size and little bumps are greatly reduced. It doesn't feel too abrasive or harsh at all. I haven't used it a ton on my body, but I have used it a couple of times on my chest and neck and it has removed all of the little bumps and dead skin that I had there.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 1:05:00 PM More reviews by lunalove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have very oily acne prone skin, and so my stepmom who is a NP strongly suggested I get the Clarisonic for Christmas. I have had it for 2 years now and using it every night or every other night I really like it. I do think that it would be too harsh to use 2x per day, especially for those with dry delicate skin. I use the sensitive brush head, which Ive heard is good for most people. It does exfoliate so I do not suggest using a harsh cleanser with this - I alternate between Purity made simple and cetaphil and they are both gentle milky cleansers. I end up with very soft smooth clean skin, and blackheads are much easier to extract after using this. Your nightly skin moisturizer/serum will sink in much better after using the clarisonic as well. I am afraid of having to replace this when it dies, as Ive heard that they tend to within 5 years and I think they are too expensive for that!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2011 3:40:00 PM More reviews by winwoodgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this oscillating skin saver at an esthetics show in Toronto a few months ago. The Clarisonic folks offered me a substantial discount because I'm an esthetician. Well, I've been using it ever since and all I can say is that my skin looks and feels prettier and cleaner than ever. I use the sensitive brush and it's almost as gentle on my skin as my fingers.When I apply my toner nothing comes off on the cotton ball. Clean, clean , clean! However, I only use it every second day ( once a day). It's quite the exfoliator so I really do not want to overdo it. Especially in the summer. Don't forget to pile on the sunscreen if you use this. On my off days I use a gentle cleanser and toner followed by my moisturizer. This regimen works well for someone my age (42) who has sensitive skin issues. Of course I agree that it's overpriced and having to buy new brushes 3 or 4 times a year can put a dent in any gal's beauty budget. But in my opinion it's worth it because I do not to spend as much time and money on facial treatments. Perhaps it will also keep me from crossing that dreaded border that puts me into the territory that I refer to as "procedure land". My skin looks and feels healthy thanks to this little gadget. It's great to find something that actually does what it claims to do in the ads. I'm very pleased with this investment.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2011 8:48:00 PM More reviews by californiagurlss24

Absolutley a skin saver. If your suffering with clogged pores, acne or uneven skin tone and redness GET THIS. When i first got this, I kind of over used it and it did dry out my skin. I left it alone for a long time and since then my skin has been crazy with acne. Constant breakouts everyday and extreme oily skin. I decided to give this baby another go and I am so glad I did. First of all, i had bad pimples that were scabbed, and this got rid of all of them in 2 days. Over the course of 3 days using this twice a day, there is a DRAMATIC difference in my skin. Its less red, its smoother its softer my pores are smaller all of my blackheads are gone and my acne is completely gone. COMPLETELY gone. This is by far the most amazing skin care tool I have ever used. The brush heads last a very long time as well. Just remember to moisturize your skin regularly when using this tool so you dont get dried out. GET THIS BRUSH you will not be dissapointed!