September 17, 2014 | 2133 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2014 10:23:00 PM More reviews by Yolyalex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Same as other reviewers, I hate the fact that it doesn't lather, I don't feel my face is clean. I've also gotten bumps all over my face right after I use it and then they slowly disappear but I hate the swollen look on my cheeks. Only used it 4 times and not giving it another try. I wish I could return it :-/ I guess I'll be going back to Clinique take the day off, which is very good for removing makeup but also makes my skin feel soft and smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 10:40:00 AM More reviews by 6lex10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

My Mom and I both love this stuff to death. She has combination skin and I have dry to combination skin, by the way. I feel like those who don't like this product aren't using it properly. It's not meant to be a makeup remover, and it sure as heck isn't. I just remove my face makeup and eye makeup with a makeup wipe before I use this. It really is gentle, I have sensitive, rosacean skin and it has never irritated my skin in anyway. It doesn't suck the moisture out of my dry cheeks, and doesn't leave my t-zone greasy. For a drugstore or high end cleanser, it is amazing. I've tried out loads of facial cleansers, but I always end up coming back to this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2014 6:37:00 PM More reviews by KimMonroe

After 2 days of using this cleanser (morning & night), my face began to burn and become dry and blistered. I have sensitive skin and I was told this cleanser would be perfect for me, but it definitely wasnít. I was using CeraVe and my skin NEVER had that reaction to it and to my knowledge, the 2 cleansers are comparable. I may be having a reaction to one of the ingredients in it but Iím not sure. Itís supposed to be such a gentle cleanser I would think someone with sensitive skin like myself would be fine using it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2014 2:22:00 PM More reviews by diggitybomb

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this is a nice product. I wouldnt buy it again because its very expensive at least where i live. I get the same result with dove beauty bar, or glycerin soap. Still if you have extreamly sensitive skin it may be worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 8:45:00 PM More reviews by KalmiaB

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The price is right, I find it to be non-drying, and so far no adverse effects. I can see why it's so darn popular.

And to think I was going to try Philosophy....

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2014 1:04:00 PM More reviews by danapark

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't recommend this product if you have acne because it doesn't help it at all. I used this for 2 weeks and there was no difference in my skin. However I would recommend this product to people who don't have acne and just want a simple cleanser because this one is really gentle and it doesn't burn your skin

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 3:46:00 AM More reviews by prowl2000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Basic but deliver everything it says! It is that simple.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 1:01:00 PM More reviews by gfreling

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using this facial cleanser for years and it has always surpassed my expectations. I have mature skin and it never dries my skin out. My teen age girls use it too and they have combination skin. I buy it in a double pack from Costco or when it is on sale at Drugstore.com. I can afford to buy expensive products but feel that you just can beat this facial wash so I never change products. I don't even need to use eye makeup remover when I use this wash, I just rub some lightly around my eyes and it removes all my mascara and eyeliner easily.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2014 2:15:00 PM More reviews by kamiller1972

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was particularly good when I had a face full of cystic acne and on a regimen that required lots of benzoyl peroxide. Because my face was so sensitive due to the massive amounts of BP, this cleanser did not make my condition worse. Nor did it make me break out. However, since my face has cleared, I 'm not finding much use for it. It does not take off makeup, so you will need a separate cleanser for that. It is rather spendy and I find the Wal-Mart knock off more economical and much less expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2014 11:37:00 AM More reviews by ashleyl917

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I never had horrible acne as a teenager, but I have always had a few zits on my face at any given time. I also do have blackheads on my nose and chin, which are stubborn and difficult to get rid of.

I had always been on birth control, so my face really wasn't that awful. However, about a year ago after going off of the birth control (trying to get pregnant) my skin went absolutely nuts. I had large, cystic acne on my cheeks and chin and that's never been an issue before. I kept reading about Cetaphil and after seeing a video where Wayne Goss recommended it I figured I had nothing to lose.

I have been using it now for nearly six months or so and I'm scared to try anything else. My skin is not perfect and I still have blackheads/the occasional breakout BUT this has calmed it down so much. I use the Koh Gen Do Spa Cleansing Water to take off my makeup, then this cleanser.

I don't see myself switching anytime soon as this is keeping my face calm and happy for the time being. I don't find it to be a miracle cure for acne by any means, but, I would recommend it if you want a mild cleanser that will help keep your face calm.