Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 7/14/2014 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this the last 2 months at the suggestion of my mother. She is always hounding me for using skincare with crazy chemicals and fragrance in them. I've been using the morning burst cleanser from C&C for as long as i can remember. "Never use anything that is colorful" she always says. So i finally caved and bought this. Not a fan. It doesn't remove makeup well at all, and I'm pretty sure it broke me out. So disappointing because i love how gentle it is. The only positive about it is that it takes off eye make up quite well!

on 7/14/2014 3:02:00 AM

Multifunction product. I use it for body and face. It works well when I got a problem with my face due to allergic ( like burn and peel off ). It is mild and gentle yet still cleanse off my face well. Doesn't dry your skin. For cleaning make up, I have to do double cleansing, otherwise the make up will still stay..

on 7/10/2014 6:36:00 PM

Use it for about everything you can think of except shampoo and conditioner. Best part of this product is that I can take it anywhere and use it since no water is required. --- Late flight home and want to look good for my guy I can take this out and clean off my old makeup. Last minute pool party? Works great as a shaving cream. No water needed. Love it. -- Smudge in mascara? WIth a q-tip or swab can remove just the smudge. :)

on 7/5/2014 2:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Cetaphil cleanser has been fundamental in getting me through the troublesome acne stages, and now the dehydrated skin too. I used so many SA and BP cleansers that irritated my acne prone skin but within a week of switching to the gentleness of Cetaphil my skin calmed down and started repairing. Now that acne is no longer my central problem, I have reintroduced it in my regime as a soft cleanse following a jojoba oil pre-cleanse to remove make up and unclog pores. It does not dehydrate my skin and is effective at removing the excess oil. I also use it water-free whenever I have minor breakouts on my body and it clears them straight up. Everytime I have run into a skin crisis in the last decade this product has come to the rescue. I don't know why I ever sropped using it - probably the allure of new products with their miracle cure promises and shiny marketing. But this cleanser is a great all rounder for all skin types and the real deal as an effective, gentle cleanser. Great value, great packaging, great results.

on 7/4/2014 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I totally love this product. I ate something i was allergic. My whole face broke out, there were so many breakouts i was afraid to go outside. Which is unusual for me because my skin is usually acne free. My doctor said to only used the cetaphil cleanser and lotion for 1 week because my face is extremely sensitive. All the breakouts i got from allergic reaction disappeared! This product is my life saver and i will never switch to a different product. I recommend this product to everyone and they tell me they love it too.The cap for it came off after a few weeks of use though.

on 7/1/2014 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I'm the kind of person that's allergic to just about everything, including store bought foundation! It's sad because I have to spend a lot just for foundation & powder. But when I tried Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser for the first time a few weeks ago I was amazed at how gentle & sensitive it is on your skin. It's amazing & the price is pretty fair because it's just an overall amazing product. Just take it from someone who has to go to the doctor almost every time she uses some kind if new soap or makeup because of an allergic reaction.

on 6/30/2014 1:21:00 PM

Absolutely love my Cetaphil. It should be a staple in every home. The only flaw, and it isn't even really a flaw, is that it is so easily matched by their generic competetors. You can buy the Equate version of Cetaphil and get the same exact results, saving you money. I don't use this every single day, but I do use it 4 times a week, using more "heavy duty" cleansers on off-days.

This stuff is amazing! After struggling with typical teenage acne, I turned to harsh prescriptions. After a few weeks, my acne went down but my skin got dry and sensitive; even my gentle moisturiser stung! I decided to try Cetaphil again after many years, and it is PERFECT for me. It is so gentle, yet cleans so well. Using Cetaphil while on Tactuo is the perfect balance for me. My acne has gone down to one or two zits a week and my skin is returning to its normal balance.

One more thing: I've seen a lot of complaints about the price, but if you think about it you are getting a LOT of product and a little goes a long way. You only need half a pump for each wash and the bottle is huge! This stuff is going to last me a year, using it morning and night.

on 6/24/2014 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Very gentle, takes off some makeup but not all. Doesn't dry out your skin. Hate that it still contains parabens:(.

I really, really was hoping to love this stuff! Now that it's summer, my normally dry skin has changed to combination. I just ran out of the cleanser from pond's I had been using before and thought this would be the perfect chance to try something new. Well, the Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser broke me out. I have decent skin so I wasn't looking for anything too fancy to clean my skin. This stuff though, man. It gave me horrible acne all around my chin, lips, and forehead and made my pores huge. Not to mention the red irritation that occurred after a week. I don't know if it was an allergic reaction or what, but all the problems started healing immediately when I bought a new product. So, this one is not for me!

Video Reviews & Tutorials