July 30, 2014 | 1904 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Body Butter - Brazil Nut

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2008 7:55:00 AM More reviews by renemy

This is a nice body butter. It's not as delicious as the pink grapefruit, but I think the texture is a little better. It's very thick but not greasy. The smell is light and nutty and a guy wouldn't be offended by this. I wouldn't buy it again though because it's not that special, but it's very good.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2008 12:10:00 PM More reviews by dilllll90

It's comparatively a nice body butter. I've tried VS's and their smell is too strong for my sensitive nose. I've tried B & B and I break out on their formula.

the body shop always had best of line body products. this one in particular is my 2nd favorite smell next to olive. The texture is kind of smooth and oily, it's solid but melts with palm temperature. Provides nice moisturizing quality that lasts all day even in dry winter. It made my skin shiny glossy which is nice but I don't like the oily feeling because when I'm doing pilates, some exercises requires skin roughness to hold up. So using this product before pilates is a bad idea.

I give it 4 because the price is not cheap, especially one full size bottle only last me around 10 times.
means I can use it up in one week. so I decide to jump to cheaper ones like nivea. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2008 9:39:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

Alike many other body butters that I love (Papaya, Coconut, Cocoa, and Shea), this one is also very moisturizing and smells totally gourmand. I love the nutty chocoalatey smell. I do find this to be on the greasy side due to which I use it only during winter months. Will continue to purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2008 9:32:00 AM More reviews by bronzebabe19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This review isn't just for the Brazil Nut butter, which I do insanely love, but for a majority of them in general. These are the only butters I use to moisturize my dry skin in the winter. I haven't seen one flake since I started using these. I always apply them right after my shower and they leave my skin soft and supple all day. My SO always says he loves how soft my skin is...well now my secret is out! They do have a slight smell, but it eventually fades after a few hours. Good thing the scents are pretty yummy. I love the Coconut, Papaya, and Strawberry for smell. If you want one that won't interfer with your perfume right away, I'd get Grapeseed, Almond, or Olive. I'd recommend these to anyone. They are a little pricey, $20 for a full size, but they last me for 2 to 2 and a half months with almost everyday use...and how my skin looks and feels, they are so worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2008 11:42:00 AM More reviews by suzzel

This product feels and smells lovely, and I love that it has a lot of Community Trade ingredients. But honestly, I got sick of it being absorbed so fast. You have to use a LOT to cover your body and moisturizing shouldn't be this much work... A little greasier wouldn't have hurt! Going to try one of their spray on body milks or a heavier lotion from them.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2008 10:03:00 PM More reviews by chowchowface

I love the body butters in general but Brazil Nut probably is my favorite scent. First of all, I love the consistency of the body butters.... it's very thick but soft. Brazil Nut smells very nutty and warm, almost as if you were to stick your head in a can of mixed nuts and inhale deeply. For me, though, I enjoy how the scent is NOT overpowering but is still pretty lingering. I usually end up with greasy hands after I apply any moisturizer but the body butter glides on and my skin soaks it up quickly; no greasiness.... not even on my hands afterwards! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2008 5:28:00 PM More reviews by cazs

i adore this and cant stop smelling my hands when im wearing it. i have this one and the coconut one. theyr both really good but this is better i think. it reminds me a little bit of how a snickers bar smells. very moisturising. i often use it to protect my hands in cold weather. id definitely buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2008 10:03:00 PM More reviews by spyglassweb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I put the body butter on at night and my hands felt WAY better in the morning. It works like a charm and it smells really good.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2008 7:21:00 PM More reviews by kdsaqt

I love The Body Shop body butters, I think I am addicted!!! Right now i have 8 of them in different scents though my favorite is the brazil nut, i always need atleast two at all times. The only negative thing is the price. When I first started using this it was around $13 now its $20 are they going to keep raising the price??? Unfortunately if they do, i will still keep purchasing them because i have been trying different less expensive body butters for years now, and nothing compares to the body shop body butters!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2008 6:04:00 AM More reviews by alissaevelyn

I am really disappointed with this product. It's effect is gorgeous smooth skin, but at what cost? The ingredients label left me saddened, because there was a whole heap of chemicals I couldn't pronounce. Surely the Body Shop ought to produce slightly more natural products, like it used too??