April 20, 2014 | 1903 users online

Cleansers - Bioderma - Sensibio H2O (aka Crealine H20 Solution micellaire)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2013 5:21:00 PM More reviews by mossica

Pros: gentle for sensitive skin, zero irritation, free of perfume, removes ALL traces of makeup, can be used as regular cleanser, affordable, doesn't dry the skin
Cons: I really can't think of any....

I absolutely love this product. I've used it for over 5+ years now and I always have a few extra bottles in my cabinet. Recommended this product to a few friends as well and they have used it ever since. This product is comparable to Koh Gen Doh's cleansing water but I find that Bioderma is more affordable and is readily available at most drugstores.

I even use it to remove my heavy Halloween makeup (of course, with a couple of removal).

If you live in Canada, many of the drug stores will offer exclusive sales on Bioderma. The best deal I've seen was at Rexall; $33 for a 500ml pump bottle with a free gift of a 250ml bottle of Sensibio H2O. If available, try to make your purchase when they offer the travel set. The mini (100ml) Sensibio H2O bottle is absolutely adorable and excellent to travel with, especially when you head for the beach. My face gets sticky after applying loads of sunblock. Instead of finding a bathroom to wash my face, I just give it a quick wipe with a cotton pad and Sensibio.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2013 10:27:00 AM More reviews by aquarianrabbit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was on the hunt for this stuff for awhile and finally got it on a trip to Hong Kong. All the beauty blogs were talking about it and, of course, I had to try it for myself. I normally use an oil based cleanser to remove my makeup and sunscreen (such as MAC Cleanse Off Oil) and a creamy cleanser (ADE Creamy Cleanser) as the second half of my cleansing routine. It was getting really annoying to have to do that when I didn't intend on showering afterwards because I would get a little of the cleanser in my hair, or, if I tried to steer clear of my hairline, fail to remove all my makeup. A micellaire solution seemed like a perfect compromise and much less fussy.

I loved this cleansing water! It took 2-3 soaked cotton pads to get all my makeup off, but it removed every last trace. I didn't like the feeling it left because it felt the teensiest sticky, so I always rinsed my face with water. After that, I would apply my glycolic toner, serum and moisturizer and go to bed! It is a little drying, but probably because I used up to 3 soaked cotton pads of it. It doesn't really smell like much, not too chemically or floral. One thing I will note is that it does nothing for your skin other than remove makeup. It never irritated my eczema, which I sadly get on my face sometimes, but it doesn't clean out your pores or tone your skin, really, just gets makeup off. I still do oil cleansing when I get in the shower to clean out my pores because this will do nothing for that. Overall, as a makeup remover, I'd say it's pretty hard to beat.

EDIT 4/16/2014: I added a similar paragraph to my Clarins Water Comfort One Step Cleanser with Peach as well; I dropped this down one star because I found YSL Toning and Cleansing Water, which is an actual two-in-one product that works. It cleanses AND tones. I do still like the Bioderma for makeup removal in the summer, but the YSL kills two birds with one stone. If you have a toner you love to bits and must use that after makeup removal, then I would suggest the Bioderma or Clarins, otherwise, the YSL does it all.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by aliceayres

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for a year. LOVE IT. It is so mild. It removes all of my makeup, although sometimes I have to use a few cotton rounds depending on how heavy my makeup was that day. When I'm too tired or lazy, I just rinse after I'm done, apply moisturizer, and go to bed. I prefer to follow up with my Clarisonic Mia and CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser. I have sensitive, easily dried out and very acne prone skin. I experienced no breakouts with this and no drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2013 4:50:00 AM More reviews by Spookz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i;ve been using this for over a year.
great make up remover!
i do use a cleanser after it but thats only because i like to

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2013 11:04:00 AM More reviews by voodoodolly330

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can imagine this product is really handy for backstage and photo shooting, but it's not suitable for removing makeup everyday. It can't remove my makeup thoroughly and it's actually pretty drying.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by OfficialMS

a couple days ago i received my package which did contain this Bioderma Sensibio H20, not the crealine, micellaire cleanser. I use this before I use the Bioderma Sébium Purifying Cleanser (the big bottle which contains a blueish cleansing gel, I'll review that separately from this one). This pe cleanser removes all my make up. I normally wear foundation or powder, translucent powder to set my foundation or powder, blush, mascara + eyeliner and at least lipstick or gloss. This awesome make up remover, removes it all without let my face greasy, oily or dry. I didn't break out on this one, the L'Oréal one has broke me out very badly. I LOVE this AWESOME stuff for real. Can't wait to re buy this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 11:54:00 PM More reviews by Mramsey12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best micellar water I've tried. It doesn't sting the eyes or leave the face feeling sticky. It removes all makeup including waterproof with no hard work. This one also has cucumber extracts which soothe the skin. You can often find it on sale at your local shoppers drugmart and also in convenient travel, and large sizes. The only thing I don't like about the regular packaging is that I prefer micellar waters with a pump dispenser like the Reversa micellar water. It is more convenient with a pump but I like bioderma the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 1:40:00 AM More reviews by jessie5135

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is really gentle on skin, yet removes so much dirt/make up. I find it takes a couple of goes to remove waterproof mascara.
It has a barely noticeable scent.
It is a little pricey, however; you can stretch it out for quite a while, so I feel it is worth it and I would certainly buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 1:09:00 AM More reviews by koko47

Love it, easily takes out my makeup without drying out my skin. Hence why all the models love it. For once it's not a disadvantage to be in Canada when hunting down cult beauty brands.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by riyeu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing product! It removes all makeup and is oil-free. Best makeup remover ever. Better than Lancôme and Clinique for my waterproof eyeliners.