April 16, 2014 | 975 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup with SoftFlex SPF 6 for Combination/Oily Skin [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2013 5:52:00 PM More reviews by aeoliuu

Just to let everyone know, Revlon has come out with a NEW formula to this in the recent months. I bought a new bottle of this yesterday and when I tried to pour the foundation out as usual, nothing came out. I turned the bottle upside down and still nothing came out! The new consistency is a really, really thick cream, and it makes no sense to keep the original cap-less bottle if nothing is going to come out. On my face, it gave me a really ashy look. I had this in Buff and I looked like a ghost. On top of this I also noticed some transfer which I didn't notice before. Compared to the old formula (which was my holy grail foundation), this new formula cannot compare. I really can't understand why Revlon would change a perfect formula to this. The packaging and the price is still the same. I live in Canada and for $14.99 this is really not worth it. Really hope Revlon can go back to the original formula!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by LindseyAnne

I reviewed this a few years ago when I was using it on a daily basis. My only complaint was that it tended to cake up and was a really heavy foundation for daily wear. Which is why I ended up deciding to switch to a lighter foundation. However, because most foundation s aren't formulated for oily skin, I would get horribly shiny even with a powder. My pores were always clogged due to the oil on my face. I didn't stop to consider that while a foundation may be lighter and allow the skin to breathe a bit more, that it might actually aggravate the skin more. So I've switched back to this foundation in hopes to combat the oil so my skin clears up. Even after using it only for a few days, I've had no breakouts and my face remains matte all day. This time around I'm not using a powder to avoid caking up. Also, I'm using a buffing brush instead of a stippling brush and blending out any areas with too much product with a damp sponge. Only downside of this product, it is so thick that it literally will not pour out of the bottle. I have to fish it out with a spatula, which is really a hassle. There is a pretty heavy scent which kind of smells like paint, so beware if you're sensitive to any fragrance in your product. But it's not a scent that sticks around once the product is blended out. Worth the performance of the product in my opinion.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by Missylou80

This stuff is horrible! I bought it on a whim because everyone said it would be good for my combination/dry skin. Haha! Well I first put it on and it has the worst odour! Then as I was blending it out it caked around my zits and made my entire face cakey. I took it off immediately and regretted buying this, especially since I now just wasted $20. I will not be repurchasing this at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by allisonboyd2011

I have VERY oily skin as well as a few dry patches. Usually after about an hour wearing other foundations, my foundation becomes very shiny and I have to use several oil blotting sheets throughout the day. But this product keeps the oil at bay! The only thing that is a bit of a bummer is that it will accentuate any dry skin that you have, so make sure to moisturize beforehand. I also love it because it comes in a very pale shade (Ivory). This was the palest shade out of all of the brands that I saw in the drugstore, and since I am basically transparent, it's hard for me to find a color match. This foundation does it for me though!

The only critique I have about the packaging is because the foundation is so thick (maybe I just got a bottle from a weird batch?) it takes forever for it to come out, so I would advise storing it on its side so you can get the product out more easily.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by caitx03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't understand the rave reviews on this foundation. It looks like a chalky mask and is very difficult to blend because it dries so fast. The only time I would use this is for going out wen I know it's going to be a late night. It also made me breakout. Definitely not a daily wear foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by helerycelerie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

After using L'Oreal True Match for years, I finally decided to branch out to something new. A friend recommended this gem to me, and I will not be going back.

I use foundation very sparingly: sometimes on my eyes, and on my T zone as needed. I'll use it as a concealer as well. This product looks beautifully natural; people are often surprised to hear that I use foundation! It blends beautifully, especially if you tap it on gently with a finger. Coverage is complete and it lasts all day! A beautiful product.

I recommend using your finger instead of a brush, because it can look streaky if you use a wiping motion instead of a tapping motion.

My only tiny complaint is that the opening is rather large. I haven't had trouble controlling how much I use, but if you don't use your fingers to apply, this may be an issue.

Overall, I love it! I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by erinmaui9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Bought the sandbeige color but big mistake, I should had bought the buff shade. But still this is a great alternativ for EL Double Wear because of the price and the benefits. Made my skin less oily for 4 hours and did not break me out. Will repurchase this brand again and just buy the Buff shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 2:32:00 AM More reviews by gagaglam03

Am I the only one who notices that the new formula is a bit more watery? The foundation itself is great for everyday but my biggest problem was finding a color that matches me. I had the color 'natural tan' because online everyone was saying it's good for nc42 skin tone but it was wayyy to light. I have to mix the color 'rich ginger' to get my actual skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by beautyblondey

Love it! I have some acne scars from a few years back when I was still a teen. (which I'm still looking to resolve with some sort of product). Revlon provides great coverage for people like me (whom need a little extra help). The only thing Id like to change is the bottle it comes in, its hard to dispense in a sanitary way without the pump-top.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by martini8787

I love this product but a word for the wise, makeup remover wipes. When you buy any ColorStay foundation you must also buy some sort of makeup remover.