Revlon ColorStay Makeup with SoftFlex SPF 6 for Combination/Oily Skin

3.9

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 7.3%. Inactive Ingredients: Aqua Eau (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499).

I have VERY oily skin as well as a few dry patches. Usually after about an hour wearing other foundations, my foundation becomes very shiny and I have to use several oil blotting sheets throughout the day. But this product keeps the oil at bay! The only thing that is a bit of a bummer is that it will accentuate any dry skin that you have, so make sure to moisturize beforehand. I also love it because it comes in a very pale shade (Ivory). This was the palest shade out of all of the brands that I saw in the drugstore, and since I am basically transparent, it's hard for me to find a color match. This foundation does it for me though!

The only critique I have about the packaging is because the foundation is so thick (maybe I just got a bottle from a weird batch?) it takes forever for it to come out, so I would advise storing it on its side so you can get the product out more easily.

on 7/22/2013 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't understand the rave reviews on this foundation. It looks like a chalky mask and is very difficult to blend because it dries so fast. The only time I would use this is for going out wen I know it's going to be a late night. It also made me breakout. Definitely not a daily wear foundation.

on 7/22/2013 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

After using L'Oreal True Match for years, I finally decided to branch out to something new. A friend recommended this gem to me, and I will not be going back.

I use foundation very sparingly: sometimes on my eyes, and on my T zone as needed. I'll use it as a concealer as well. This product looks beautifully natural; people are often surprised to hear that I use foundation! It blends beautifully, especially if you tap it on gently with a finger. Coverage is complete and it lasts all day! A beautiful product.

I recommend using your finger instead of a brush, because it can look streaky if you use a wiping motion instead of a tapping motion.

My only tiny complaint is that the opening is rather large. I haven't had trouble controlling how much I use, but if you don't use your fingers to apply, this may be an issue.

Overall, I love it! I will repurchase.

on 7/16/2013 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Bought the sandbeige color but big mistake, I should had bought the buff shade. But still this is a great alternativ for EL Double Wear because of the price and the benefits. Made my skin less oily for 4 hours and did not break me out. Will repurchase this brand again and just buy the Buff shade.

on 7/12/2013 2:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Am I the only one who notices that the new formula is a bit more watery? The foundation itself is great for everyday but my biggest problem was finding a color that matches me. I had the color 'natural tan' because online everyone was saying it's good for nc42 skin tone but it was wayyy to light. I have to mix the color 'rich ginger' to get my actual skin tone.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love it! I have some acne scars from a few years back when I was still a teen. (which I'm still looking to resolve with some sort of product). Revlon provides great coverage for people like me (whom need a little extra help). The only thing Id like to change is the bottle it comes in, its hard to dispense in a sanitary way without the pump-top.

on 7/8/2013 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product but a word for the wise, makeup remover wipes. When you buy any ColorStay foundation you must also buy some sort of makeup remover.

on 7/8/2013 2:26:00 AM

Great fall back for ELDW esp since Estee has changed their formula I may now become a full time CS user

This is honestly an amazing drugstore foundation. The coverage starts out medium, but it is very build able and doesn't look cakey. I have oily skin and when it says it's 24 hour staying power, it means it. I set it with minimal powder and it stayed matte and flawless all day. It doesn't give a very caked up look and feels and looks very natural. However I was disappointed since it doesn't have a pump but it's worth it this is AMAZING.

on 7/1/2013 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this product yesterday after extensively reading the many positive reviews on it. (And I'm just a sucker for wanting to buy a product when I read a lot of amazing reviews on it.) So, I tried it on this morning and like everyone mentioned, it dries quickly, but followed the tips that everyone else mentioned by applying the foundation in sections. I did so using the Beauty Blender and it worked very well. The coverage was overall amazing for me. It hid my blemishes and evened out my skin. I was pretty much overly impressed. The real test was to see if it held up to truly staying perfect throughout the day. It totally did! My face was hardly oily after most of the day and even blotted my face with the oil tissue and hardly anything came off. Overall, it has fabulous staying power and I'm pretty thoroughly impressed. :)