Laura Mercier Secret Concealer

3.8

Petrolatum, Lanolin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Retinyl Palmitate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Paraffin, Propylparaben. /- [May contain]: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Ultramarines (Cl 77007).

on 3/14/2011 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have been using this concealer for 6 months and I have shade 2&3. I have a purple like dark circle. so I have to use eye concealer everyday. the texture of this concealer bis creamy and only need a thin layer to cover my dark circle and do not cause a heavy fine line. I do like this concealer but still looking for a better one.

on 3/14/2011 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using this for almost two weeks now, so I think I can review it fairly well. The SA in Sephora told me though I'm fair, the 2nd shade would work best because as she showed me, the first is so peachy. Yes you need peach to correct purple-y circles like mine, but not that peach in my opinion. I also never like concealer under my eyes to look lighter than the rest of my face.

This looks thick and is somewhat, but spreads easily enough. Covers very well for me. I have very, very dry under eye skin. I have a medical condition that causes my tear glands and all moisture producing glands to die. I have very dark hereditary circles, plus my medical condition causes the skin around the eyes to often be irritated, and is almost always pink, even reddish. I have hated most every concealer I've tried. True I require a lot in one given my needs, but most fall so short its ridiculous.

I want to add each time I've worn this I have worn the LM Secret Brightening Powder over it. I did an experiment and tried three other concealers I had to see if the "magic" was merely the powder. Indeed all three other concealers looked a world better with the powder over them, and also stayed all day without creasing, but over this concealer and something great happens. I have been told how young/rested etc I look each time I've worn it. I get mistaken for younger than I am, I have a recent pic in my profile, but this really takes even more time off my eye area than usual. I have truly over compensated over the years trying to insure that my lack of a natural moisture barrier any longer, nor producing any natural moisture in the amounts I should, and in some areas, not at all, doesn't leave me as haggard as it could, and I've been sort of terrified seeing how this condition leaves people. Its a pain in every other way imaginable, but I never want to look as bad it sometimes makes me feel. I'm not saying this is miraculous, but its very, very good cause it does what it claims too and very, very well.

On its own without the powder it looks okay, as I said, it covers, but POW, add the powder and I feel more confident about how I look. I apply this with a slightly dampened concealer brush from Eco Tools. If there is an even better application method, let me know ladies (and gents!)!

on 3/14/2011 12:37:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Been using this product for a very long time. I don't feel that it covers my very dark circles hardly at all. It is very creamy but cakes up on me when I powder. By mid-day, it's so noticeable that I try to rub it off in the bathroom. But it's better than no concealer... so I'm just trying to use it up at this point so I can get something else. Not recommended.

on 3/13/2011 10:20:00 PM

I feel like a lot of the other reviewers stated my feelings about this particular concealer perfectly: it's a love/hate relationship. I have very, very dark circles under my eyes that never go away (damn you genetics!), so I'm constantly on the hunt for something that will help to cover them up. I bought this about a year ago when I first got into LM cosmetics, mainly because I was so impressed with the Secret Camouflage and Mineral Powder; I figured this would be pretty good, too. At first, I really liked this concealer. It's creamy, very pigmented, and easy to blend. It covered my circles pretty decently. As time went on, I started to like this concealer much less. It tends to settle and cake very easily, and is very noticeable if you use even the tiniest bit too much powder. It also wrecks my brushes in the sense that it made them very greasy and matted. I had to clean very thoroughly between each use just to keep application of this smooth. As time went on, I realized that while this concealer blends out very well, it also wears off very well. I hit pan on this recently, so I'd like to think I gave this a good try. It's just... I don't know. It's a toss-up. This is very creamy, blendable, and does a pretty good job, but at the same time is very hard to work with because of those same qualities. Like I said... LOVE/HATE this.

on 3/11/2011 8:59:00 PM

I really liked this concealer. I use it for my under eyes as it's nice and creamy. All I do is take my finger dip it in once and its enough for both my under eyes. I don't find that it crepes too much and it does a good job concealing. The sa said I could use it for my face, but I like keeping it exclusively for my eyes.

on 3/10/2011 11:52:00 AM

I'm always on the lookout for my Holy Grail concealor for the Edward Scissorhands-esque circles under my eyes, and, unfortunately, this is not it. I am in love with LM's Secret Camoflague, even though I only use the white pan, I think it's just the best ever at covering up any flaws on my face. So I was hoping that this would be to my under eye area what the Secret Camo is to my blemishes and redness. It's not. It's too creamy for me, and the color is off, just off. I used this in 1, the lightest shade, and it had ORANGE undertones! Why, oh why Laura? Nobody is orange. It's bad enough that she has decided that EVERYONE is yellow, which is not the case at all, even though yellow is, in my opinion, more flattering than some other crazy undertones in MU lines. This came off 5 minutes after I applied it. I tried it with the secret brightening powder. I tried it with the mauve corrector. I tried it with everything. No dice. Oh well. At least I didn't buy it.

on 2/10/2011 9:02:00 PM

I bought this concealer two weeks ago. It doesn't cover and it settles into the fine lines very quickly!!! When you have a oily eye area; don't buy it.

on 2/7/2011 5:33:00 PM

For a while I loved this concealer (bought it in #2) and then absolutely hated it. Then a couple of months later, I was okay with it... and now I'm back to hating it. My conclusion? This concealer is okay at brightening up certain parts of my eye area but does nothing to cover up/enhance the area under my eyes. It settles into the fine lines and gets oily very fast resulting in the concealer wearing off after a short while. This product just did not work out for me.

on 2/6/2011 1:03:00 PM

I picked this up after it was used on me at a LM masterclass.

What was great
The colour - a fairly dark, apricoty number 3 does wonders on counteracting my blue-black under eye circles, and doesn't give me the highlighted panda look. I was surprised it worked so well, given I'm pretty fair.

What wasn't so great
It made my under-eye skin look crepey, almost to the point of giving me a bag under one eye. It was aging and cakey - no matter how well I prepped or buffed.

on 2/5/2011 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I definately have a love-hate relationship with this concealer. I bought the Secret Concealer in shade 1 from sephora. It definately matches my skin well and has great coverage. BUT it can be very cakey and settles into fine lines. When you put it on it's very creamy, which i do like to a certain extent. If you set it with powder it wont feel "sticky" or "creamy" all day but it will get veryy noticablely caked up in a few hours. And if you dont set it with powder it will be "sticky" all day but it wont cake up as much.. Another thing I dont like too much it that if any makeup falls under my eyes I absolutely cannot get it off without completely ruining my concealer. The concealer acts as if its glue under my eyes! I'm still debating on weather or not to return it.