July 30, 2014 | 1237 users online

Concealers - Laura Mercier - Secret Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2011 11:19:00 AM More reviews by marmaladecat

I've had blue-ish circles under my eyes for as long as I can remember and have used lots of under-eye concealers over the years. This one's definitely the best I've tried! I have No.1 in Fair and find that the peach tone counteracts the dark circles really well and really brightens up my under-eye area nicely. The formula is very creamy and pretty thick, so you only need to use a little-less is definitely more.I dab it on after allowing my eye-cream to sink into my skin for a couple of minutes. Secret Concealer's got really good staying-power, I find I don't need to set it with powder. It can crease a bit, but I found that only happened to me immediately after applying, so all I do is pat it in a bit more and then my eyes are good to go!The only down-side for me is it's expensive for the amount you get, but you don't need to use loads at least.I only gave it 4 lippies because it doesn't TOTALLY eradicate the blue circles and it's pricey, but then again maybe I'm hoping for miracles! I will certainly keep buying it after my pot's finished though as it is fab.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/31/2010 2:27:00 PM More reviews by theaccidentalbeauty

When I tried this in Sephora I thought it was going to be my HG concealer. It is the perfect peach color to conteract blue/purple tones. It looked amazing! I was so excited. The next day I tested it out and was amazed. One problem, it wasn't setting. It stayed in a creamy/glossy state, and started to settle into the creases around my eyes after a few minutes. Maybe I'm applying too much? I had to set it with so much powder to get rid of that glossy effect. It looked a little better, but then comes the end of the day and the concealer has disappeared.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2010 7:45:00 PM More reviews by YinnieC

I love this concealer, It covers up my dark circles nicely and brightens it up, but that may be because the shade is a tad light on my skintone. It's VERY VERY creamy and it does take a bit of getting used to. I actually thought the LM way of putting it on i.e: with a brush made it look cakey on my skin, I prefer using my fingers to make the concealer more liquid to work with.

One of my main concerns is that, this concealer works brilliantly for me in the winter when i'm paler NC15, but I'm rather disappointed by the lack of shades because shade 2 is FAR too dark for me. Also it's a pot so not hygienic esp because i use my fingers. Price=very expensive.

I'd definitely recommend it but not to those who do not foray into makeup much.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2010 9:24:00 AM More reviews by Felicia2008

Love this!! creamy doesnt get into my fine lines and the coverage is amazing!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2010 11:55:00 PM More reviews by tiffanyyzz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Super creamy.
Full coverage for undereyes.
MADE FOR THE EYE AREA!
Hydrating/not cakey like MAC's Studio Finish
Easy to blend
Yeah, love this stuff

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2010 6:34:00 PM More reviews by GypsyRoseRed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Maybe I was sold the wrong color, but a sales assistant at Sephora picked out this concealer in shade 1 to help with my dark undereye circles. It was far too light, and the coverage wasn't great. Disappointing for $22.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2010 8:31:00 PM More reviews by heyLYLAxoxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I use this product in #1 and I adore it for my undereye circles.

The peachy tone really helps to even out the discoloration under my eyes and the formula is nice and creamy, which helps to blend. I can't use it for anywhere else on my face, as it's TOO peachy, but most women use a separate undereye concealer anyway, so it's to be expected.

It is a little expensive and I do find that it settles into my undereye lines at first, but the brightening effects that it gives me totally outweight any cons. Exceeeeeeept maybe the price - it's a little pricey.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2010 1:34:00 AM More reviews by Decoy2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love how this goes on under my eyes. it cover what you want it to, and doesn't pull in anyway while you are trying to dab it or brush it on.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2010 4:16:00 AM More reviews by DJHOTPINK

This is the only concealer that i repurchased. i used a lot and they just cake or are wrong shade. It looks so dark and orangey on the pot but it blends well on my undereye. I use BE concealer blush or my pinkie to apply. I will definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2010 12:03:00 PM More reviews by amyzon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been on the search for a concealer that doesn't end up looking cakey over blemishes - a real struggle since many look great when applied, and after a few hours, the coverage appears dried out. This concealer is the first I've used that stays fresh all day. Shade 1 has pink undertones (it would probably be a great undereye concealer, but I use a different product for that) that match the natural pink in my own skin. I use a MAC 224 to apply over my flaws because I've found that using a finger to blend with this product tends to lift it off the face rather easily. The concealer is decently pigmented, has a light creamy consistency, and the coverage is perfect over foundation or under airbrush foundation. If I had one negative, it would be the packaging - I often don't correctly screw the lid back on, so I worry about the product drying out prematurely. I will definitely be repurchasing - I have spent 40 dollars on a concealer before and not gotten these results!