December 20, 2014 | 891 users online

Concealers - Laura Mercier - Secret Concealer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2011 3:49:00 PM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This concealer in #6 matches my NW45 skin to perfection! I use it under my eyes and it just melts in like a dream. I apply it with the powder brush for this from Laura Mercier as it just looks like an oversized concealer brush anyway and then I run some powder over it to set. It covers all day long. I really don't need undereye concealer so please keep that in mind. I have no bags or anything to speak of. However, I only apply my foundation to other areas of my skin so I feel like concealer under my eyes makes me look way more put together and awake. I also use this on imperfections around my face that my foundation didn't manage to hide. Love!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2011 3:00:00 PM More reviews by LondonBabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Blah! These concealers are not made for the population with cool undertones. The concealer was way too yellow and did not blend into my skin properly. I suggest you do not buy unless it matches your skin PERFECTLY!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2011 8:46:00 AM More reviews by shady74

Pros:
Super pigmented, covers well and a little pot lasts a very long time
Creamy and blends well - apply with a concealer brush though

Cons:
expensive
poor colour range. I'm NC20 and 01 is just about OK but if you're paler or want something more yellowy, you're stuffed.
Too thick to be used for face blemishes IMO

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2011 2:57:00 PM More reviews by STACEYFFF

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this product in shade #2 for about two years. I am very fair and the peachy undertones of this shade help cover my under-eye darkness considerably.

In my experience, I have learned not to go lighter in my shade selection- always go peachier and warmer, you will have a better result for camouflaging darkness and blueness.

The formula is emollient and fairly long lasting. I will most definitely repurchase.

I also recently purchased LM's Secret Brightening powder in shade#1 to set this concealer. It makes even more of an improvement. I am quite pleased!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2011 11:19:00 AM More reviews by marmaladecat

I've had blue-ish circles under my eyes for as long as I can remember and have used lots of under-eye concealers over the years. This one's definitely the best I've tried! I have No.1 in Fair and find that the peach tone counteracts the dark circles really well and really brightens up my under-eye area nicely. The formula is very creamy and pretty thick, so you only need to use a little-less is definitely more.I dab it on after allowing my eye-cream to sink into my skin for a couple of minutes. Secret Concealer's got really good staying-power, I find I don't need to set it with powder. It can crease a bit, but I found that only happened to me immediately after applying, so all I do is pat it in a bit more and then my eyes are good to go!The only down-side for me is it's expensive for the amount you get, but you don't need to use loads at least.I only gave it 4 lippies because it doesn't TOTALLY eradicate the blue circles and it's pricey, but then again maybe I'm hoping for miracles! I will certainly keep buying it after my pot's finished though as it is fab.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/31/2010 2:27:00 PM More reviews by theaccidentalbeauty

When I tried this in Sephora I thought it was going to be my HG concealer. It is the perfect peach color to conteract blue/purple tones. It looked amazing! I was so excited. The next day I tested it out and was amazed. One problem, it wasn't setting. It stayed in a creamy/glossy state, and started to settle into the creases around my eyes after a few minutes. Maybe I'm applying too much? I had to set it with so much powder to get rid of that glossy effect. It looked a little better, but then comes the end of the day and the concealer has disappeared.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2010 7:45:00 PM More reviews by YinnieC

I love this concealer, It covers up my dark circles nicely and brightens it up, but that may be because the shade is a tad light on my skintone. It's VERY VERY creamy and it does take a bit of getting used to. I actually thought the LM way of putting it on i.e: with a brush made it look cakey on my skin, I prefer using my fingers to make the concealer more liquid to work with.

One of my main concerns is that, this concealer works brilliantly for me in the winter when i'm paler NC15, but I'm rather disappointed by the lack of shades because shade 2 is FAR too dark for me. Also it's a pot so not hygienic esp because i use my fingers. Price=very expensive.

I'd definitely recommend it but not to those who do not foray into makeup much.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2010 9:24:00 AM More reviews by Felicia2008

Love this!! creamy doesnt get into my fine lines and the coverage is amazing!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2010 11:55:00 PM More reviews by tiffanyyzz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Super creamy.
Full coverage for undereyes.
MADE FOR THE EYE AREA!
Hydrating/not cakey like MAC's Studio Finish
Easy to blend
Yeah, love this stuff

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2010 6:34:00 PM More reviews by GypsyRoseRed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Maybe I was sold the wrong color, but a sales assistant at Sephora picked out this concealer in shade 1 to help with my dark undereye circles. It was far too light, and the coverage wasn't great. Disappointing for $22.