August 29, 2014 | 1857 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Honey Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2011 2:30:00 AM More reviews by theotherworldly

This is one of my favourite lip balms - by that I mean the packaging looks worn and the stick is stubby. It's hard and waxy, but upon contact with your lips it slowly moisturses with the oils while on the top layer it forms a protective coat, probably from the beeswax. It has a sugary honeycomb powder scent and tastes faintly sweet. I'm quite fond of it but I suppose most people are used to fake honey or corn syrup so they might find that disgusting. I personally think the pomegranate scent is the most offensive and fake ever, so it's really all subjective. Anyway - this balm is absolutely perfect for cold winter winds because it lasts and lasts. It doesn't shrivel up or fade off after a few dry breaths in the horrible weather and stands strong. Many other organic butters either harden like lard on the lips (forming a icky film that pills), while the petrolatum jelly based ones doesn't protect lips from the chill. This is really great and weather resistant. For some reason my original peppermint balm is thick and chunky while this is smoooooth. One of a kind and the best at lasting power. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2011 1:36:00 PM More reviews by aredore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

With so many high-quality inexpensive lip balms on the market, I feel free to be pointlessly picky.

When color isn't an issue I go for natural balms with natural, moisturizing oils - avocado, almond, sunflowerseed, beeswax - and I look for tastiness. This lip balm by burt's bees is everything except flavor. It's not bad my any stretch of the imagination - tastes like lanolin and honeycomb - but becuase I'm free to pick and choose, 4 lippies.

No SPF.

(BB's makes a pomegranate oil replenishing balm that has a nice flavor - I imagine their acai berry balm is nice too. )

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2011 11:09:00 PM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I tried to use this but I can't continue it stinks to me and has a very nasty perfume taste on my lips. Yes this is a very short review but bottom line this stinks to me and is YUCK on my lips.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2011 12:39:00 AM More reviews by Dimplesgalore

I was using the original BBees chapstick (CS) with so-so results. I was researching what natural products would help heal chapped irritated skin and stumbled across honey as an answer. I saw this CS and gave it a try.

I like it better than the original. It gives me better results and is not as irritating on tender new skin as the peppermint one can be.

However, I do not like the fragrance listed in the ingredients. I also discovered that this CS and the original one were both bothering a dry patch on my chin. Iím betting it was the camphor and the lanolin. They are not entirely bad ingredients, they just donít agree with my super chemical sensitive acne prone skin.

I have moved on to greener pastures.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2011 3:02:00 PM More reviews by autumnus88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I talk on the phone ALL DAY LONG so my lips get REALLY DRY. I have used sooooo many different types of lip balm with zero success, but I finally picked this up because it was at the check out of my local CVS. I absolutely LOVE it. It is smooth, hydrating, smells amazing and the price is nice as well. Will definitely be repurchasing!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2011 12:20:00 PM More reviews by lovecoma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I used to be a devote to the original Burt's peppermint formula. I can't use it anymore as the peppermint that once felt so wonderful drys out my constantly dry lips. I tried this version a while back and hate the smell. It doesn't smell like honey to me at all and I didn't find it very moisturizing.

I keep it in my makeup bag in my purse for if/when I get my hair professionally dyed. I put it around my hairline to prevent staining.

If you want a moisturizing (in my opinion) honey balm, try the Nivea Kiss of Milk and Honey. Smells great and I feels good on the lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2011 6:29:00 PM More reviews by nicoolmarie

I have extremely sensitive lips!! other brands that work for others give me horrible red chapped lips. carmex mad my lips so bad i have to see a doctor to clear it up. then i found this product!!! its the onoly thing i can use on my lips all the time it mosturizes and protects my lips and i like how it smells. the only thing i wish is it was glossier. but i cant complain it has saved my lips! there always there natural pretty pink and they dontnget chapped any more

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2010 4:21:00 PM More reviews by zooper12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this at Wegman's a couple years ago for 2.50 USD, I believe. My lips tend to get VERY dry, and this isn't the most moisturizing. It's kind of waxy. It's pretty much clear on your lips, and I like that it's natural, and I kinda think of that as a way to justify the price for this, as it is slightly higher than other chapsticks I've seen. I like the scent, it's not a sweet honey smell, but more of just a natural honey scent. This is good if you just need a little moisture, which to be honest, isn't the case most of the time for me. I haven't used this in a really long time, actually. But if all that is described above sounds appealing to you, and you like natural health/beauty products, this may be good for you!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/26/2010 12:33:00 AM More reviews by youcrazydiamond

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I won't flat-out condemn this product because obviously it has worked for some people. But my experience with this product was horrible. I gave it not one but two chances to impress me, but it let me down both times. My gripes: It's terribly waxy. Like, really, really waxy. This isn't different from any other Burt's balms, but I don't like any of the other Burt's balms either. The waxy coating just sits on top of my lips and feels awful and I always just wipe it off after five minutes, tops. It leaves my lips feeling dry. But the worst part of this balm in particular? The smell. Some seem to love it. When I bought it, I expected a light, sweet honey scent. Instead, this balm smells bitter and pungent. It smells exactly like old flowers. Really old flowers that looked better than they smelled in the first place, and then lost their looks and got even stinkier. Bleh. And it's so freakishly strong, people around you can smell it. The few times I wore this product my sister asked, "Ew, what stinks?" So, yeah, this stuff smells awful, and it doesn't even work, and there's no reason I would want to smear an unappealing, stinky salve right underneath my nose if it isn't even gonna moisturize my skin at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2010 12:39:00 PM More reviews by ver0nika20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Years ago I had bought a Bath and Body Shop honey lip balm once that I LOVED and I mistakenly thought it was Burt Bee's so I repurchased. Huge mistake. This balm smells overpoweringly horrible and it gave me a headache. I wiped it off and threw it away.