The Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector

4.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Myristyl Myristate, Hemp Seed Oil, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Glyceryl Stearate, Dimethicone, PEG-100 Stearate, Beeswax, Lanolin, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Allantoin, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Evernia Furfuracea (Treemoss) Extract, Limonene, Citronellol, Talc, Geraniol, Linalool, Citral, Chromium Oxide Greens, Iron Oxides.

on 9/23/2011 4:00:00 PM

I love this it smells good and is nice and thick.

on 9/20/2011 6:04:00 AM

My hands are prone to dryness, but lately my hands have been so dry that my normal moisturisers have been pretty much ineffective. I'd remembered trying this instore earlier in the year and being impressed with the results after just one application. Since this morning, I've applied it 3 times and my hands have improved so much already. The flakes on the top of my hands have disappeared, the wrinkles are much less pronounced and the horrible white patches between my fingers are almost gone. They're starting to look their age again (they looked like they belonged to someone triple my age who had lived a hard life). The smell isn't amazing, but considering that perfumes tend to dry my skin, I'm grateful that nothing un-necessary seems to have been added to "pretty-up" the scent. I haven't found it to be greasy, but I think that's because my skin is so parched that most of it has been absorbed. I have never written a review so soon after purchase, but the results have been so good in such a short space of time that I had to share.

on 8/29/2011 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This hand cream is the best one I've ever used, and I've used A LOT. I have extremely dry hands that get really bad eczema, especially if they get wet. This is one of the few lotions that keeps dryness in check without irritating my skin. It's really thick and hydrating, so I can see how some might find it too heavy, but for hands that need serious moisture it's amazing.

on 7/11/2011 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Due to my work I wash my hands countless times every day and needless to say, that leads to extremely dry skin, in the winter even cracking and bleeding. But this hand cream saves the day! It moisturizes like nothing else. I use it at night because it doesn't sink in fast and leaves a hemp scent to my hands, neither of which I can have on my hands when working. But by the morning, my hands are back to normal, ready for another day that wreaks havoc on them.
The packaging however truly sucks. I've gone through three tubes by now and on every tube, the cap has broken and it makes for a messy and unhygienic package.
So in short:
Pros - saves even the most desperate hands, does it fast.
Cons - bad packaging, smell, takes a long time to absorb.
I am definitely buying it again and again.

on 7/8/2011 11:25:00 PM

my hands are terribly dry, this product worked wonders! i got it on sale the large one for $10 and it was worth every penny spent :)

on 6/15/2011 7:53:00 PM

Best hand lotion for dry hands ever!!! I have used it for years and bought at least 20 tubes of the stuff. I have it at the office, by the bed, in the bathroom and a thousand other places. It's great for keeping dry hands from cracking! Some people don't like the smell, but it's just not girly.

The body cream is pretty nice too.

on 6/12/2011 7:08:00 PM

This might be the best hand cream I have ever used. I have tried a lot of different ones from Aveno to Mary Kay and nothing works like Hemp Hand Protector does. Non-greasy, highly moisturizing and reasonably priced; this is a hard one to beat. My husband's hands were cracked and bleeding in the extreme winter conditions we have here, but they are completely cured by Hemp Hand Protector. I always have at least one tube of this excellent product and put one out for hubby as well. We both love it. The smell is a little earthy for me, but I can forgive it in light of the other qualities.

on 5/17/2011 11:57:00 AM

I bought my first large tube when it was on sale for $3 in 2005. Ever since then, this became my daily handcream. This hand cream does not have a heavy smell to it and it is not greasy (good for winter and summer). My entire family, husband, mom, and dad are using it. Husband and mom is a big fan of it. However, I do want to remind everyone that don't stock too much at once because all hand cream is made of oil. After awhile, the smell will turn bad (like the old oily smell).

on 5/16/2011 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Great hand cream. Very moisturizing. It's greasy at first, but sinks in after a few minutes. I actually like the smell. It's very earthy and fresh. The tube is awful though. I don't even have to squeeze the tube and the cream still oozes out. I will repurchase though.

on 5/15/2011 2:30:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This lotion keeps my chronically dry hands moisturized longer than any other product I've used. The smell, however, is not worth it to me. I feel like I am radiating stink wherever I go with this on.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products