December 19, 2014 | 1709 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Hemp Hand Protector

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2011 2:30:00 PM More reviews by lillevenn11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This lotion keeps my chronically dry hands moisturized longer than any other product I've used. The smell, however, is not worth it to me. I feel like I am radiating stink wherever I go with this on.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2011 8:46:00 AM More reviews by hellokittybrock

I have purchased this when I was in Uni. Winter was very dry and no matter what i apply, my hands are forever dry. This is a good product. Very rich and moisturized well. Price wise was not very cheap during those days. It was a couple of bucks cheaper than crabtree but C&E is a more established brand in my opinion. The down side of this product.
1. Due to the hemp content, I could not sleep when I was using this product. I kept feeling excited thru out the night but everything was alright on day 2.
2. It is definitely not a handcream for the day. It is too oily.
3. My nails started to grow some blackish strands of "things" which I absolutely do not have any idea what they were during then. I was very sure due to my usage of this handcream but to me it was no big deal.

I think overall this is one of the better handcream in the market. But I will stick to crabtree instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2011 7:17:00 AM More reviews by imperfectly_lou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely adore this hand cream.

I'm a Registered Nurse and hence, have terribly dry hands from regular hand washing. I go through a tube of this a month by thickly applying it before bed. It's a little heavy for day use unless you don't plan on using your hands for awhile. The scent isn't fantastic but because I use it at night, it doesn't worry me. If I ever run out, I notice the difference within a few days.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2011 4:29:00 PM More reviews by Icaria

This creme is very moisturizing, but not enough for my cuticles. The smell is not realy an issue but it is very peculiar (do try it in the store first) I guess it's love or hate. I did give it a 4 because it is a good treatment especially for night since it' very thick and was kind of sticky on my skin. I'm not sure I would buy again because the full size is about the same price as my favorite from Clinique.
Update: ok the smell is way too powerfull. It stays for hours. Good thing I bought the small size. I will definitely not repurshase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2011 10:59:00 PM More reviews by dewells

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

As far as the quality of this product, it's really good. It feels really nice on my dry hands- soothes, protects, and not greasy. It's not the cheapest, but far from the most expensive as far as hand protectants go. The only major downfall is the smell of it.. unfortunately, I find it so bad that it's enough to keep me from repurchasing. If you don't mind the smell- it does the job well!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2011 12:16:00 PM More reviews by audmac

Tried this at the store. Hate to be a killjoy but I couldnt stand the smell of this stuff and even though it worked well- non greasy and my hands were soft for hours the smell was so strong and unpleasant that I wouldnt use it again even if it were given to me for free.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2011 12:05:00 PM More reviews by maryandtheboys

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

The best hand cream ever!!!!. Very rich but doesn't leave hands greasy (cough. Burts Bees), softens the hands, all the dryness is gone. I love this stuff and have bought for family and friends. I am even growing to like the Hippy Hemp scent. Definately grab this if it's on offer, you won't regret it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2011 11:20:00 AM More reviews by BluePlateSpecial

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this on a whim, really. I was waiting for someone at the mall and wandered into The Body Shop because my hands were dry and I was going to go score a free sample, lol.

I tried it, and it has the most wonderful soft, smooth texture... plus it was on sale for $10 down from $18.50. Sold!

It lasted all day shopping, even though I washed my hands before lunch at the food court and after going to the bathroom. It feels a bit greasy for a few minutes after applying but it sinks in really well, and then your hands just feel soft.

I really do prefer hand creams (and other creams) that come in a tube like this one does rather than a pot... I don't like having to dip in and you're bringing all those germs and dust and fibres into a pot. This doesn't have a lovely smell like I usually like... I tend to have a preference for citrus. This has a very delicate, grassy smell, I don't hate it and it works very well.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2011 12:35:00 AM More reviews by alexhimelblau

I have bought this 3 times, (once for a friend) and i really like this. It is a little heavy to wear during the day, i feel like i'd leave greasy finger prints everywhere, but i love this as a night hand lotion.

I had a job with food, and i was constantly washing dishes which meant almost non-stop accidental hand washing, just from touching the water, and my skin was so tight, and red bumps would come up just from my skin being irritated, and this stuff really helped. Back then, i put a medium layer over my entire hands right before bed, and just left my hands hanging off the side of the bed so it would really soak in without losing any.

As for the smell, i personally like it. It smells earthy, but still clean, and not like weed, haha. I would buy this again, but i wish it was cheaper. (thank god for almost constant sales at TBS)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2011 4:50:00 AM More reviews by raenamercedi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this hand cream in a giftset that inlcuded the lip balm, bodu butter and foot protector. The hand cream is emollient and non-greasy (when not over applied). The scent, hemp, is awful. When I would apply it at work, other people would ask to use it, and all said it smelled terrible. My husband asked what I had put on my hands and commented that he did not like the smell. I also had trouble getting the cap to screw back on after several uses, and it leaked out into my work bag.