September 30, 2014 | 1776 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Hemp Hand Protector

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2011 10:59:00 PM More reviews by dewells

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

As far as the quality of this product, it's really good. It feels really nice on my dry hands- soothes, protects, and not greasy. It's not the cheapest, but far from the most expensive as far as hand protectants go. The only major downfall is the smell of it.. unfortunately, I find it so bad that it's enough to keep me from repurchasing. If you don't mind the smell- it does the job well!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2011 12:16:00 PM More reviews by audmac

Tried this at the store. Hate to be a killjoy but I couldnt stand the smell of this stuff and even though it worked well- non greasy and my hands were soft for hours the smell was so strong and unpleasant that I wouldnt use it again even if it were given to me for free.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2011 12:05:00 PM More reviews by maryandtheboys

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

The best hand cream ever!!!!. Very rich but doesn't leave hands greasy (cough. Burts Bees), softens the hands, all the dryness is gone. I love this stuff and have bought for family and friends. I am even growing to like the Hippy Hemp scent. Definately grab this if it's on offer, you won't regret it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2011 11:20:00 AM More reviews by BluePlateSpecial

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this on a whim, really. I was waiting for someone at the mall and wandered into The Body Shop because my hands were dry and I was going to go score a free sample, lol.

I tried it, and it has the most wonderful soft, smooth texture... plus it was on sale for $10 down from $18.50. Sold!

It lasted all day shopping, even though I washed my hands before lunch at the food court and after going to the bathroom. It feels a bit greasy for a few minutes after applying but it sinks in really well, and then your hands just feel soft.

I really do prefer hand creams (and other creams) that come in a tube like this one does rather than a pot... I don't like having to dip in and you're bringing all those germs and dust and fibres into a pot. This doesn't have a lovely smell like I usually like... I tend to have a preference for citrus. This has a very delicate, grassy smell, I don't hate it and it works very well.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2011 12:35:00 AM More reviews by alexhimelblau

I have bought this 3 times, (once for a friend) and i really like this. It is a little heavy to wear during the day, i feel like i'd leave greasy finger prints everywhere, but i love this as a night hand lotion.

I had a job with food, and i was constantly washing dishes which meant almost non-stop accidental hand washing, just from touching the water, and my skin was so tight, and red bumps would come up just from my skin being irritated, and this stuff really helped. Back then, i put a medium layer over my entire hands right before bed, and just left my hands hanging off the side of the bed so it would really soak in without losing any.

As for the smell, i personally like it. It smells earthy, but still clean, and not like weed, haha. I would buy this again, but i wish it was cheaper. (thank god for almost constant sales at TBS)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2011 4:50:00 AM More reviews by raenamercedi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this hand cream in a giftset that inlcuded the lip balm, bodu butter and foot protector. The hand cream is emollient and non-greasy (when not over applied). The scent, hemp, is awful. When I would apply it at work, other people would ask to use it, and all said it smelled terrible. My husband asked what I had put on my hands and commented that he did not like the smell. I also had trouble getting the cap to screw back on after several uses, and it leaked out into my work bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2011 4:38:00 AM More reviews by livingnextdoor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I pray by this cream. It really saves my hands at the worst moments in cold and windy winters with the dry air inside, which makes the things worse. The smell is ...eh... unusual, but I personally rather like it - it's very natural and earthy, I would say. The packaging is absolutely gorgeous. Reminds me of oil paint tubes :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2011 10:38:00 PM More reviews by 8MissT

I love this!! I even sometimes get a little bit of eczema on my elbows and this helps out a lot. I understand other reviews about the scent it is strong but I personally don't mind it too much. I started using this when I moved to Canada for a few months, my skin dried out a lot and my friend recommended this to me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2011 2:53:00 PM More reviews by summerrain1994

I recieved this as a PWP before Christmas at the Body Shop.
At first, the smell repulsed me and I didn't touch it. I think it's more of a earthy/masculine scent - something a guy would wear.
After watching it sit in the bottom of my beauty basket, though, I decided to try it out. It was perhaps one of the best handcreams I have ever used. Because I HATE the scent, I put it before bed, and then I really don't/smell like it. My hands and my cuticles are so amazing when I wake up!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2011 6:08:00 AM More reviews by Liane86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The best hand cream ever!!!! My boyfriend has EXTREME dry hands, the skin just bursts and it's verry painfull. I've bought like every single handcream available for him, from cheap to verry expensive, but none of them did the job. When I gave him this he was literally singing Hallelujah, and he has been using it ever since. He has a panic attack when he is out of it, so I have a little stock of this at home. I've been using this too, and I can genuienly say that this is the best. It really lays a barrier on your hands that lasts untill you wash them.

The only con is that it's pretty expensive, but it's worth it!