April 23, 2014 | 932 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Hemp Hand Protector

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2011 12:35:00 AM More reviews by alexhimelblau

I have bought this 3 times, (once for a friend) and i really like this. It is a little heavy to wear during the day, i feel like i'd leave greasy finger prints everywhere, but i love this as a night hand lotion.

I had a job with food, and i was constantly washing dishes which meant almost non-stop accidental hand washing, just from touching the water, and my skin was so tight, and red bumps would come up just from my skin being irritated, and this stuff really helped. Back then, i put a medium layer over my entire hands right before bed, and just left my hands hanging off the side of the bed so it would really soak in without losing any.

As for the smell, i personally like it. It smells earthy, but still clean, and not like weed, haha. I would buy this again, but i wish it was cheaper. (thank god for almost constant sales at TBS)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2011 4:50:00 AM More reviews by raenamercedi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this hand cream in a giftset that inlcuded the lip balm, bodu butter and foot protector. The hand cream is emollient and non-greasy (when not over applied). The scent, hemp, is awful. When I would apply it at work, other people would ask to use it, and all said it smelled terrible. My husband asked what I had put on my hands and commented that he did not like the smell. I also had trouble getting the cap to screw back on after several uses, and it leaked out into my work bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2011 4:38:00 AM More reviews by livingnextdoor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I pray by this cream. It really saves my hands at the worst moments in cold and windy winters with the dry air inside, which makes the things worse. The smell is ...eh... unusual, but I personally rather like it - it's very natural and earthy, I would say. The packaging is absolutely gorgeous. Reminds me of oil paint tubes :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2011 10:38:00 PM More reviews by 8MissT

I love this!! I even sometimes get a little bit of eczema on my elbows and this helps out a lot. I understand other reviews about the scent it is strong but I personally don't mind it too much. I started using this when I moved to Canada for a few months, my skin dried out a lot and my friend recommended this to me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2011 2:53:00 PM More reviews by summerrain1994

I recieved this as a PWP before Christmas at the Body Shop.
At first, the smell repulsed me and I didn't touch it. I think it's more of a earthy/masculine scent - something a guy would wear.
After watching it sit in the bottom of my beauty basket, though, I decided to try it out. It was perhaps one of the best handcreams I have ever used. Because I HATE the scent, I put it before bed, and then I really don't/smell like it. My hands and my cuticles are so amazing when I wake up!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2011 6:08:00 AM More reviews by Liane86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The best hand cream ever!!!! My boyfriend has EXTREME dry hands, the skin just bursts and it's verry painfull. I've bought like every single handcream available for him, from cheap to verry expensive, but none of them did the job. When I gave him this he was literally singing Hallelujah, and he has been using it ever since. He has a panic attack when he is out of it, so I have a little stock of this at home. I've been using this too, and I can genuienly say that this is the best. It really lays a barrier on your hands that lasts untill you wash them.

The only con is that it's pretty expensive, but it's worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2011 2:25:00 PM More reviews by bbybashful

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

BEST HAND MOISTURIZER EVER!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2011 7:36:00 PM More reviews by Aethernaut

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This has to be one of the best hand creams out there. I have extremely dry hands and anything that keeps the skin supple and presentable will make me happy, but this stuff works miracles. Just a tiny amount is enough, and it works into the skin beautifully without any feeling of greasiness, despite the heavy texture as it comes out of the tube. It definitely has a slight medicinal quality - the skin on my hands can get sore it is so dry, but is so much healthier and more supple with even one application of this. It does not smell of hemp, it is fragranced with a very clean patchouli - not thank goodness a dirty "head shop" stink but a warm, woody and rather medicinal smell. If you really loathed the smell I think it would still be worth using to be honest because it is that good. I hope they never discontinue this because it is my HG hand cream and I never want to be without it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2011 7:35:00 PM More reviews by mystere69

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

What it Claims:
"Soften and protect hands, even after washing. Our best-selling Hemp Hand Protector is dermatologically tested for very dry skin and contains Community Trade hemp seed oil."

Claims - True or False?
1) "Soften and protect hands, even after washing.": True. It keeps my hands feeling smooth and moisturised even after many frequent hand washes.

Packaging:
I don't like the fact that it comes in a tube, because large amounts can come out if you don't replace the cap quickly enough.

Smell:
This product has a very strong herbal smell, so make sure that you can stand the smell before buying it.

Consistency:
I love the really thick consistency of this product. It will take longer to sink into your skin, but it really does stay on your hands for a long time. I recommend using this before going to sleep if you can't stand the smell of it.

Ease of Use:
Not very easy to use, because of the tube and cap.

Bang for your Buck:
I think 18.50 CAD (regular price) is a little expensive for a 100 mL tube, but if you really like this product stock up during one of TBS's 3 for 30 sale.

Final Consensus:
A very good moistuiser for your hands, but may not be an ideal product for those who cannot stand the smell of hemp. I will not be buying this product again because of the smell.

Overall Rating: 4/5
Price: 3/5
Packaging Quality: 3/5
Would you buy this product again: No.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2010 5:21:00 AM More reviews by emmyliten

This is by far the best hand cream I've ever had. I don't even know why I stray and try others! It's quite thick but it absorbs well, it leaves your hands instantly mousturized and soft, and keeps them like that for ages. I love the smell, it's all herbal and natural. It's a staple!