BeneFit Cosmetics Benetint

2059 reviews

on 1/26/2014 1:23:00 AM

I hate this product. It tastes bad and dries my lips very much. It's a mess to apply and color is very unnatural. By the most important thing, I have recently read that Benefit is still using animal testing so I will never buy a benefit product again.

on 1/22/2014 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Meh. I don't really understand why this is such 'cult' product, though I did enjoy the story of how it came to be (what stripper doesn't need rosier nipples?). As a lip stain it's ok. It applies a little unevenly, unless you're anal about the application (who has time?), isn't moisturising (I actually think it's drying on mine), lasts a couple of hours but has never stayed on all day for me. I have never attempted it as a cheek stain, because I wear powder foundation every day so it wouldn't mesh well with my makeup. If you wore a tinted moisturiser or light liquid I'm sure it could look beautiful. I like the packaging, it looks really cute, but it isn't uber practical. Thebalm has much better lip stains (easier to apply, more pigmented, smoother, and much more even). I wouldn't repurchase this one. I prefer products that don't require monet's artistic ability in getting the perfect application.

on 1/13/2014 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

The price and packaging SUCK. But the effect is gorgeous. I'm 36, I've noticed as I get older I don't have the same flush I had even 3 years ago - apparently you get more washed out (blergh!). With this tint I can get a long wearing flush that looks natural. I apply with my elf stipple brush - wore to it today and received a lot of compliments about how rested I looked.... Well two. But still!

I think if you go for the full flush, you should skip or change your bronzing, but just mho.

Dab it onto you apples and then blend upwards and back. Try to get the flush to creep naturally up and towards your ears, too much on the apples doesn't bring out your check bones. Then if you have a multi tonal bronzer/blush that is slightly darker than your usual blush or a shimmery bronzer that is on the light side, swipe it in the hollows - the pint is to not go too dark but create subtle contrast.

It creates great definition, but again, go very easy on the bronzer/blush - let the flush take centre stage.

And.... If you have thin lips, probably best to not to rely on this for colour. It's a dark tint so you'll only be drawing attention to that by making your lips look smaller. Go for a shimmery nude or ripe raspberry gloss to compliment your flushed cheeks instead :-)

on 1/13/2014 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I got this tint in in a gift pack over Christmas. I have known about this tint for a very long time but never had the desire to purchase it myself.

I've only ever tried it as a lip tint. I don't have the confidence to be able to properly blend it in on my cheeks as a blush. I do love it on my lips though! It gives my lips a nice rosy hue. I want to try and wear more brighter lip products other than balms. and this product gives my lips a pop of colour without being too harsh. I also like layering other lip products over the top of it.

I would probably purchase this once I run out. I'm not sure how long my small version would last me as I've only had it since Christmas. But it's a nice product to give my lips a nice natural rosy hue.

I had the mini version (the one with the clear lipgloss on one end and the tint on the other). It took a bit of practice but eventually I managed to achieve that beautiful rosy flush that I so wanted. Sadly, it required a lot of effort and preparation, eg. an excellent skincare ritual, smooth skin and expert application. It was just far too much effort for me and I'm a lazy person in the morning so I never got much use out of this product.

on 1/4/2014 12:59:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got the mini size of this in the "Primping With The Stars" kit and fell in love! I'm not much of a blush fiend so I mainly use it as a lip stain, so I can only really comment on that aspect of it.
I have full lips, and I found that this product was very easy to apply and layer. It lets me vary the amount of color effortlessly, so I can use it for any occasion, whether its grocery shopping, work, or a night out. Its also pretty long lasting, although a touch up may be necessary after a couple of drinks, it isn't really a trouble at all.
The mini size from the kit lasted me about 7 months, so I recently purchased the full size, (which was a little pricey at $30) in hope that it would last me triple the amount of time. The cap is pretty large on the full sized one, which makes it a little awkward to hold when applying compared to the mini. But its nothing I can't manage.

All in all I really like Benetint. The results are as cute as the name :)

This is a really tricky product to apply, you have to be very quick when applying and more often than not it comes out looking uneven or blotchy. It doesn't even work on my lips as a stain, it just settles into the fine lines on my mouth. The only good thing about it is that it smells like roses. Otherwise its just an overpriced blah product.

I bought this the other day and I noticed that when I used it for a cheek stain unless you blend it out very quickly you can still see the lines where you applied it. It also leaks from its bottle unless you shut it very tight. I like it but I don't know if it's worth the $30 I payed for it.

on 12/29/2013 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Did some research on how safe its ingredients were and if you Google 'ten reasons why not buy benetint' there is a claim that its ingredients are comedogenic (clogged pores, acne) and one of its ingredients breaks down into a carcinogen (cancer causing) which is a turn off, especially when it is used as a lip stain (every time I use it, I can taste the product as it slightly bleeds into my mouth). One of the comments on makeupalley is right in that it is essentially a more expensive version of a food colouring (which is 10 times cheaper and safer to use).

It is also applies badly in that when used as a cheek stain, it majorly highlights dry spots/ lumps on the cheek which makes it look like rosacea on the face

It is also retails for $55AUD which is the most overpriced product I've ever come across

on 12/26/2013 8:07:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I really like this product for a low-key natural flush to my cheeks. However, on my lips, it's a different story. I do have dry lips, but when I exfoliate them, any color stays on and goes on smoothly. Benetint didn't exactly stay on except for in my lip lines and wrinkles. It's still a gorgeous color thou, but I wish it'd stay on longer on my lips than making my lines and wrinkles pop out. I'd still purchase this, so I can experiment more with my lips. Am I doing something wrong?