October 30, 2014 | 1839 users online

Top/Base Coats - Orly - Bonder Rubberized Basecoat

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2011 9:23:00 PM More reviews by taciturnxlove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Definitely fell victim to hype with this one.. People say they get 2 weeks of wear? Well then I must be doing something wrong.. No matter what I always get tip shrinkage, and chips the SAME day. I also sometimes get whole sheets of nail polish coming off. This is not amazing like people are claiming it to be. Especially not for the price. This is a decent base but does nothing special besides prevent staining. This prolongs a manicure for a mere 1-2 days, (this is combined with Posche top coat btw.)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2011 10:03:00 PM More reviews by Crystalj007

I have just started using this, but it got me through 5 days with no chipping. At the end of day 5 , one nail had a chip, So I decided to redo them, but it could be because the polish I had on was too thick. I have been using it with the snap quick drying topcoat. I just add a coat of snap to shine them up after a few days. Yesterday, day 4, I added the top coat for shine and they appeared to have just been done. Good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2011 9:51:00 PM More reviews by erin175

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have used this product for years, I was a nail tech/salon owner and I used this on every client. I don't know what the other reviewers are doing but my polish does NOT chip ever. The one mistake I find when people do their nails at home is that they put polish on to thick, this is a major factor when it comes to chipping. Always use two light coats and let them dry completely in between. I also ALWAYS buff my nails with a fine buffer after I take my polish off, this removes stains and makes polish adhere better.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2011 10:17:00 AM More reviews by ambiessence

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Every time I use this, I can literally count the minutes until my nail polish chips. I've used every this method mentioned on website. I think it was a colossal waste of money!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2011 8:28:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great base coat. I use this one all the time. It doesn't last a full 2 weeks, but I can get a nice 6 days of wear with this along with seche vite top coat. Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2011 8:21:00 PM More reviews by MissJuliB

I love this stuff. I had fallen in love with shellac manicures because I love having my natural nails, but being a teacher meant that my nails were always chipping so shellac was a great option. But with my schedule and budget, shellac became a pain the behind. I picked up the smaller bottle of bonder at Ulta on one of my many polish sprees because it sounded interesting. Gotta say, I really love it. I can do my own nails again and my polish lasts 2 weeks and a few days with no chipping. You do have to make sure it finishes drying before applying your color. If you don't, you won't allow the rubberized finish to set and the color has nothing to grab on to. Definitely try this stuff out!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2011 1:19:00 PM More reviews by JulesTheLittleSpoon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff was useless for me. I have fairly strong nails with the occasional peeling/breaking occurence but I'm always looking for something to make my polish last longer. This stuff a. Did not make my polish last more than any other base coat and b. WRECKED my nails! After one or two uses my nails peeled like crazy and became super brittle. Waste of money.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2011 12:41:00 PM More reviews by Jdazzler15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

I decided to purchase the small bottle with a big online order I made a few months ago, because I wanted to see about the big hype I have heard over this product. I have been doing my nails myself for the past 3years & I can say this product doesn't act any better than any other base coat that I have tried. Before trying this I have been using Orly Top 2 Bottom & it works just as well in my opinion. I almost feel like when using this base it makes the polish above it chip off in sheets, or peel off. I will use the whole bottle, but wouldn't rush back to purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2011 4:26:00 AM More reviews by quiet1

I sometimes have problems with the brush on my bottle sticking to the bottle and not the handle - screwing it back on tightly and then removing again seems to do the trick, but it is annoying.

With this plus a good top coat, I get MUCH better wear out of my polishes than with just about any other base coat I've tried. I'm very hard on my nails, so that means something to me. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2011 9:09:00 PM More reviews by coramonster

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love bonder, before I started using this my nail polish would peel off in one sheet. Now it will stay on for at least 5-4 days. I'm a cashier and my hands take a beating everyday, bonder has been the only thing that kept my nail polish on.
It does stain your nails yellow, but sense I keep them polished all the time that not really an issue for me. Lately I've been putting a treatment under the bonder, I wasn't sure this would work, but it does. The bonder still keeps my NP on, and my treatment seems too. I will keep buying this as long as they sell it.