April 20, 2014 | 1619 users online

Top/Base Coats - Orly - Bonder Rubberized Basecoat

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2011 6:16:00 PM More reviews by dreamalildream

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've only used this twice, so I will have to come back and update, but so far I'm in love! I used the sandwich technique (bonder, 2 coats of polish, bonder, top coat). However, I did put Poshe base coat underneath the bonder, as I've heard it is known to yellow nails. So far, my nails have survived yard work, washing the dog, dishes, and even 2 hrs of bowling! Normally, my mani lasts a day, 2 at max, but with this stuff, itís @ 4 days & counting!

I took off one lippie because of the smell, but it's def not the worst smelling nail polish i've used.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2011 8:36:00 AM More reviews by elcline

For a while, I was totally in love with this product. It does extend the life of my polish, but after a few weeks of continuous use, I noticed that it was severely drying out my nails. I have strong, healthy natural nails and normally have no issues of breaking or peeling. I use Sally Hansen Vitamin E Cuticle Oil nightly and constantly put hand cream on. However, Orly Bonder has caused the layers of my nails to peel. I really wanted to love this :(

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2011 7:53:00 PM More reviews by MISSKAYLA

This base coat did nothing for nails. This was a disappointment. It was a complete waste of money and time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2011 7:08:00 PM More reviews by jillirific

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

FINALLY! A base coat that feels like it's actually working. For being such a popular, "high end" nail polish brand, OPI effing sucks when it comes to top and base coats. I gave up on their top coat but continued with the base coat as I had no alternative. Until this! I did my first manicure with this on Thursday...it's now Monday night, and my mani looks as flawless as it did when I first did it (with the exception of very minimal tip wear). This NEVER happens; my nail polish is usually chipped, cracked or peeling off within two or three days. I noticed the difference right away when I used this base coat - the nail polish 'dragged' a bit because this was so rubbery. Topped it off with Seche Vite and, like other reviews here stated, it's a flawless, long-lasting manicure. This is only my first time using it so I have nothing to say re: nails peeling and being dry, but I will update with that if I experience any of it (I already do so it's going to be hard to know if this is the culprit). I absolutely love the packaging! I will be buying this again and again and again!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2011 4:01:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

When I used Bonder directly on my nails, they looked dry. Isopropyl alcohol, which is drying, is first on the ingredient list, so that's the likely reason.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2011 9:25:00 AM More reviews by tazzyface

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm surprised to see some of the comments on here. Using this with Seche Vite gives me manicures that last and last. I haven't kept it on long enough to see how long it takes to chip, given that I change my nails all the time, but I did make it a week once using those two products and I had no chips, not even tipwear. Perhaps one day I'll find a colour I love enough to wear long enough to test these two out fully, haha!

What I love is that this dries so quickly. Only a couple of minutes and you can apply your polish. The previous base coat I tried (I don't even remember the brand of it) had me waiting half an hour for it to dry before I could start applying polish! It prevents yellowing of my nails which is a bonus too. I'm also quite fond of the bottle. As with several others, I've noticed using this with Seche Vite is the magic combination for manis that last. They're both dirt cheap, even with shipping, so I'll stick with these two from now on.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2011 10:28:00 PM More reviews by jenniphifer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Tried this due to the massive recommendations. While I haven't encountered peeling/flaking nails or staining like others have, I don't find it works any better than the cheap base coat I was using before. My manicure chips just as quickly. When I finish this bottle I'm trying out CND Stickey.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2011 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Lulucakes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This basecoat works horribly on my nails. It makes my polish peel off in a sheet the next day. It reduces my manicure wear. I don't know what it is about my nails and this product, but it is definitely not worth it for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2011 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Missmb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

"Unsure" is a word batted about in relation to this product, and that's pretty much how I feel about it. It is a really nice, thin base coat- it's a lot thinner and easier to apply than the Sally Hansen base coat polish I used for awhile- but I'm not sure this will make your manicure last longer. I've used this on two manicures and both lasted about as long as they do when I used my old, cheaper base which is about two to three days. I just don't think the higher price is justified, at least not yet. I might change my rating after a few more manicures and some more playing around with the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2011 2:43:00 AM More reviews by Lizziex3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I recently switched from CND Stickey to Orly Bonder because it is cheaper and more readily available and I love it! Its thin, dries quickly and keeps your polish in place! It has not stained my nails or made them peel. I will only use this BC from now on.