July 29, 2014 | 2005 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Smog

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2009 10:40:00 PM More reviews by AliceF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this eyeshadow! I love the shade, the texture, the wear, the uniqueness of it. In the store it looked greenish and a little sickly, but against my neutral skin and on my olive green eyes it's perfection, a brownish-burnished gold that is what I wanted Mac's Woodwinked to be. Where Woodwinked is overly warm and orange tinged, Smog is neutral, like rare green gold.

It can be worn in many ways, as a lid or crease shade or even as a liner. I like it as an all over shadow shade with something a bit deeper to pronounce the crease and line the eyes, like UD Twice Baked, MAC Mulch or Mystery, Smashbox Sienna or Lise Watier Chocolat.

The texture is shimmery, but not metallic. It does not highlight my lines like some lighter shimmery shades do by other brands. I love working with UD. I actually think it's blendibility shortens my morning routine!

If only they had more practical shades, wearable colours. They seem hell bent on promoting metallics and bright jewel tones, shades fit for the younger generation. It's too bad because the shades I have found to wear, I adore, but they are only three. Two of them I will repurchase, one was wishful thinking. Smog is a definite winner for me!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2009 8:45:00 PM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Smog is a rich suede brown w/ a beautiful sheen to it. No glitter. Wonderful for a dramatic smokey eye. Lasts all day w/ UDPP.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2009 5:04:00 AM More reviews by MsFeli89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE IT! Good for a smokey eye and just all over the lid by it self!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2009 12:52:00 PM More reviews by beu2fool

Love this color. It's a great everyday look for me paired with sin or sellout it makes for an easy smoky eye. I used to be a big fan of MAC's mulch...but this color is much better IMO. It's a true brown on me where mulch ended up looking almost purple.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2009 2:35:00 PM More reviews by InfamousBabyJ

Absolutely LOVE this eyeshadow. I always wear it by itself because it makes my eyes pop and really stand out. I have like hazel/goldish eyes and using this color alone makes it look awesome. I would seriously recommend this to anybody. It's a great earthy brown color and really would make any eye color look beautiful. Buy this color!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2009 6:46:00 PM More reviews by Violet912

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Wonderful color payoff. Wonderfully velvety texture. I'd highly recommend this to anyone with neutral or warm coloring. I am only giving this a 4, however, because this brown is too warm for my pink-toned skin and it's hard for me to pull off. I like Stray Dog much better for my coloring, and Smog came in the Urban Ammo palette, but I would not purchase it separately personally. If the color suits you, however, it is a great buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2009 6:50:00 PM More reviews by violetkat22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This color is really great. The pigment is bold in a good way, and it stays put with UDPP underneath it. I like it because browns make my blue eyes pop nicely, and it doesn't have the amount of glitter other colors of this brand have. It is slightly metallic, which makes it look less bland and more fun than a matte color.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2009 4:39:00 AM More reviews by blink1217

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous dark bronzy brown e/s! I'm able combine with many different colors. Very pigmented, and extremely smooth texture. I feel on my (NC30-35) it is more of a dramatic color on my skin tone and would be even more for someone a bit fairer. But I def recommend this color, will purchase again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2009 3:19:00 AM More reviews by sanpe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this when i want a brown smoky eye on the crease and it's so beautiful. I always get compliments with when i use this e/s.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2009 2:43:00 PM More reviews by FastKitty99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I pulled this out yesterday and wore it - wow, forgot how pretty it is! I tend not to wear my UD eyeshadows as much as MAC, Stila, and BE because, quite frankly, the glitter is a bit much for me. Smog is a beautiful bronze/brown with lovely sheen, not too over the top. What really impressed me was that the color looked as beautiful when I took it off before going to bed as when I first put it on in the a.m. This definitely has some great pigmentation and staying power. Looks great paired with Sin.