April 21, 2014 | 1386 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #190 Foundation Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2010 12:54:00 PM More reviews by decide

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I LOVE this brush. I actually got it because a reviewer used it with her Bobbie Brown Even Finish Compact foundation. Then I used it with another, more liquid, foundation.... LoVeD It! ~~~The trick for me was to dot my face with the liquid foundation and then WET THE BRUSH before using, and then YES, "paint" my face with it. It actually saves me money because I used to use a makeup sponge to blend in my makeup, but I noticed with the 190 brush, I actually use less foundation. The coverage is awesome too.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2010 4:05:00 PM More reviews by nidsters19

I use this brush everyday and wash it with shampoo at least once a week. I don't like cleaning it with brush cleaner solutions because the don't get rid of the gunk and I get paranoid that old foundation is building up on my skin. If your foundation feathers when you apply it with the brush, it means you need a creamier foundation or more moisturizer. I usually spray fix+ if this is happening and it works for me. I doubt I will need to buy a new one anytime soon, but if I lose it I will STAT.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2010 12:48:00 PM More reviews by Jeii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was curious as to how this brush would benefit me on applying foundation. I tried it once or twice and didn't like the end results. Yes you can achieve an even flawless look using this brush but felt that I had to keep stroking the foundation on my face to achieve it. Though I do continue to use the 109 when applying moisturizers and Makeup primer.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2010 12:31:00 PM More reviews by sofiaSa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am not that experienced with foundation brushes.. However i bought the graphic garden special edition set from a duty free.. Out of the 5 brushes two are ok, the rest are not up to standard. I used the 190 happily for around 4 months ( i dont wear foundation more than twice a week) and made sure I washed it by the rule with clinique brush cleanser once a week.. In the last wash the hair came out and it literally dissolved in my hand.. Note that I am not soaking any brush in washing liquids and don't pull the hair.. anyway.. this was very disappointing

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2010 9:46:00 PM More reviews by layzeex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I *really* don't like this brush or any brush in this shape. I call this a painter's brush, because it seems like you're painting your face with it. Yes, you *can* achieve a look without streaking but it is much more PRONE to streaking than with a stipple brush. I much prefer the stippling technique and a stippling brush for foundation application. I'd also recommend you use a stipple brush for application if you have bad lighting in your room (yellow light) since it's harder to spot out uneven application. Really, invest in a good buffer or stipple brush!

I'm not sure if this is true, but I just thought I'd mention that I think this is discontinued. I just went to MAC on Friday to purchase this for a friend's friend and the SA said the 190 is discontinued.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2010 4:40:00 PM More reviews by bilsy213

I've had this for a long time now, but I do not use it that much. For some reason I just do not like how I apply foundation when I use this brush. I would rather use my fingers than use this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2010 5:55:00 PM More reviews by MissTash

Firstly, I want to say that I'm just getting into makeup brushes and have previously always applied my Revlon Colorstay with my fingers. I love this brush! I don't understand other reviewers who say that this brush leaves your face streaky with foundation... I have never had this problem. Maybe you are using the bursh incorrectly or maybe it's your foundation?? This brush combined with my Revlon Colourstay liquid gives me the perfect coverage with no streaking whatsoever. I just apply a little foundation to the back of my hand to use a palette and then pick some of it up with the brush. I then apply to my face using short, fast movements... I find doing this, it blends itself and I don't ever have to use my fingers to blend. I also find that I am using much less product now. LOVE THIS BRUSH!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2010 1:05:00 AM More reviews by rygurl

I just bought this product today and I have to say that this is the most AWESOME brush ever. I use it with my Select SPF 15 foundation and it delivers the most awesome coverage ever. Better even this brush is sooo soft. I love it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2010 10:23:00 PM More reviews by malston81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I haven't even had this brush for a week yet but I don't think I really like it. I've tried it a couple of times so far but it just feels like its harder to move across your face. I think I like the stipling technique better with my 187 & possibly my beauty blender sponge (just started to use it so I'm looking forward to seeing how it comes out). I'm actually thinking about returning or exchanging this brush for the 129 brush that has been on my list for awhile.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2010 6:00:00 PM More reviews by bri20

this brush isnt one of my favorites for foundations. its not horrible but if your going to use a brush for foundation i would go with the 187 stippling brush. it buffs the makeup into your skin instead of the 190 just laying it on top of the skin. its almost like a giant paint brush and like your painting the makeup on your face. WIERD. definately would not reccoment this brush. sorryy mac