CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion

Water Purified, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Behentrimonium Methosulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20 and Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Polyglyceryl 3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I usually don't use drugstore skincare, as some dermatologists recommend Cerave Lotion I decided to give it a go. It turns out to be irritating on me! I had a stinging feeling on my skin after I applied it on my face and my cheeks turned red, and I started to break out after a few days. This is the worst moisturizer I've ever tried in my life!!!

on 8/30/2013 6:16:00 PM

I'm on my third bottle of this now. I finally realized my scented body lotions were just not doing a good job hydrating my skin so I decided to try this. I love this product, after a shower it goes on really well and never feels heavy or greasy. It turns out I prefer not to use scented body lotions anyhow - there is no interference with my perfume or anything. I have now used this throughout a cold season and hot summer and have had really well moisturized skin with no dry patches like I normally do. My body skin looks really nice. I am going to continue purchasing this for my body only, I do not use on my face. I normally wait for the CVS BOGO free or 50% off and a bottle lasts a long time if used right after a shower. I do not like that the pump flakes out at the end - I end up taking the pump out and dumping out a lot more product long after the pump dies. Although that can be nature of pumps, it is annoying nonetheless.

I was using this product for quite a while...a year or two maybe? I'm pretty certain this was contributing to my acne in a mild way. I found it didn't hydrate very well at all, and often I experienced a burning sensation because my skin was getting so dry! Also, the more you apply the more you can feel a layer of this on your skin.

This is a very good price for a decent product. It's definitely not a bad moisturizer, but it isn't great either. I wouldn't particularly recommend it.

on 7/31/2013 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I lovelovelovelovelove it!!! I will forever stick this moisturizer for my face(: It is not greasy in ANY WAY. It feels like you're putting ceeamy water on your face tgat moisturizes it so well. LOVE IT

on 7/31/2013 9:40:00 AM

This is an excellent moisturiser. It is highly recommended by Dermatologists for a reason. Try it, and you likely won't regret it.

on 7/27/2013 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

On my second bottle of this now. I have very dry skin (body not face) and I get psoriasis and eczema on occasion. This moisturizes but doesn't feel heavy or tacky on my skin, it absorbs quickly and is great to use when I just want to apply something quick and leave for work. I love that it has little to no fragrance and doesn't make my skin red or itchy. It's not really moisturizing enough for extremely dry winter skin imo but it does a great job in the summer. Would repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I'm in love with this stuff. My face has been extremely dry because I just started using panoxyl. It's been red, itchy, and irritated but this stuff helps it so much. When applied onto my irritated skin it does not sting at all. It never leaves my skin feeling oily or greasy. My face feels so smooth and hydrated! Love it.

on 7/24/2013 5:38:00 PM

Cerave has seperate lotions for face and body. The lotion pictured above is for the body. I just bought this lotion today and will post an update. The intention of this post is to help others pick the right lotion. Dimethecone in the body lotion may clog facial pores.

Edit/Update: Although this didn't work for my face, I LOVE it for my legs. I get the dreaded KP and this helps soften the bumps. It mildly helps with the redness, but I haven't been using it long so I can't speak to long term benefits.

This work ok for my skin (perioral dermatitis, combination). It didn't seem irritating. Not as much moisture as I would have liked and it smells faintly of dull melted plastic. Not for me, especially at $17USD.

on 6/30/2013 4:25:00 PM

Great, deeply hydrating lotion that I use all over my body and occasionally on my face (if it is feeling dry or irritated). It doesn't have much of a scent, but can feel its moisturizing effects hours after I apply it (especially on my legs). It also hasn't made me break out when I use it on my face. I only do that sparingly and at night though, since my skin is fairly oily.

Popular Moisturizers