NARS Amour

4.5

Talc, Cetearyl Isononanoate, Stearoxy Dimethicone, Acetylated, Lanolin Alcohol, Cetyl Acetate, Isopropyl Lanolate, BHA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Triclosan MAY CONTAIN: Mica,CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499 (Iron Oxides) CI 15850 (Red 7 Lake) CI 45380 (Red 22 Lake) CI 45410 (Red 28 Lake) CI 12085 (Red 36 Lake) CI 12085 (Red 36) CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake) CI 77007 (Ultramarines) CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens) CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green) CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder) CI 15850 (Red 7)

on 5/31/2010 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I will definitely repurchase this again, but I'm not sure if I'll ever get through all of it! I LOVE this for the summer months when I'm a bit more tan at an NC30. I used it almost every day last summer... when I wasn't using this I used NARS Deep Throat which I love as well for the summer. I still use it during the winter/spring months, but I do find that if I don't use the lightest of hands, it turns out to be a bit shocking and too red for me.

on 5/30/2010 7:36:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

In the pan, Amour is a gorgeous silky peachy-pink. On my skin (yellow-toned NC20) it's a pinky-coral with rusty undertones; beautiful and natural-looking and great for my coloring. I find it's best to use over a more subdued blush; just a quick "pop" of color. It sets off my skin and pulls my makeup together really nicely. It is definitely on the pricey side (as all Nars products are) but I've had mine for months and it looks barely used. It's so pigmented and finely ground/pressed that it'll last forever -- you don't need to use much and a light hand is best. I like to use a skunk brush for even, "glowy" application. I just love this blush and it's one of my daily staples.

on 5/29/2010 8:55:00 PM

Amour is described as a peachy/pink. On my skin is more of a coral. I apply this blush with the SK Highlighting brush because it gives me the most natural application for this kind of blush. This is a matte color, which a prefer specially during the summer. The color looks intense, however when I apply it, I get the most natural "flush" of color. very pretty color.

on 5/22/2010 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Gorgeoouusss!! Lovely blush, first I thought it was too dark for my medium skin tone but if applied with a light hand this gives a beautiful peachy natural look that lasts all day. It looks soo good and healthy I can't stop looking at myself lol. I bought this purely because it was one of the only ones without sparkle in it. I'm loving it, the difference between this and a cheaper quality blush is obvious it was well worth the price! Now I can't wait to try the other non sparkly colours such as gilda! Btw this plus Albatross highlighting powder = wow. :)

on 5/18/2010 11:44:00 AM

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I tried the popular Orgasm but I thought that it was too subtle on my skin (I have light/medium complexion and I am NC20) and I absolutely didn't like the shimmer it had. I don't like sparkles on my face while i am at work. This is just my preference--I can imagine Orgasm looking lovely on others especially in the summer. I wanted something a little more visible on my skin than Amour, and matte--without all the shimmer--and Amour is exactly what I wanted. It is matte--no shimmer--and it is till peachy as Orgasm. It goes on very smooth and easy.

I have been extremely happy with Amour. It can be intense if not applied correctly. You should apply it very light handedly, otherwise you will look like a clown. It is very highly pigmented. I suggest that you tap off the excess before you use it. Nars blushes don't come with a brush. I have my own angled blush brush (I bought the angled essence of beauty from cvs, which is an excellent blush brush and does the trick perfectly). When applied correctly, amour gives me an amazing, matte, natural looking complexion. I have used it on top of Bare escentuals, HD Make up Forever, YSL liquid foundation and it works great with all--powder or liquid. It is also amazing when paired with Benefit Hoola Bronzer. It is also beautiful alone on top of primer. I wish there was a slightly less pigmented version of this blush and something not as subtle as Amour. But overall, good job NARS!

on 4/26/2010 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I believe I may be reiterating previous comments on this blush, however I couldn't sleep knowing that I was one less voice heard on the perfection (for lack of a better word) of this product!

NARS, I sincerely and good-naturedly applaud and congratulate you! This is my HG BLUSH! Natural-looking, colour-flattering (on my olive toned skin) not to mention that it has amazing staying power (does not slide off, despite my continuous oil-producing cheeks!)

I always get compliments whenever I don this blush. I find it quite flattering when I apply it over my cheekbones, now I can "flaunt" good bone structure!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Click 'continued' for photos.
This is an intensely saturated corally dark pink that turns to a ruddy red on my pale skintone (NC20) throughout the day, hence 1 lippie off. However I can see this working beautifully on darker skintones as the shade itself is a very natural, complex type of coral/peachy pink that resembles a real blush, as opposed to a flat, monotone shade that just looks like another layer of product on skin. The finish is matte and the texture is silky. Due to the intense pigmentation of this blush, the wearing power is quite impressive - not much fading in color intensity, not much migrating of product, the only gripe is, as I mentioned earlier, a slight shift in tone where it turns more reddish which can look rusty on fair/cool skin. However applied very lightly, I can still make it work and keep the ruddiness to a minimum. To conclude, I'd recommend this to medium to dark-toned ladies of say, NC25 or above.

As you can see from the photos, on contact with my skin the color turns out more muddy and red than it looks in the pan. Pale ladies beware. Make sure to do a swatch in store and leave it on for at least several minutes to see the final look.

The stripe swatch is 1 layer, the round swatch is multiple layers.

continued >>

Great blush for everyday or for special occasions. Very long lasting, silky texture. The perfect peachy pink for my medium skin. I recommend this to everyone.

on 3/28/2010 11:38:00 AM

I've had this blush for over two years. I love it - a beautiful and slightly burnt coral-pink. I am very fair and this adds the perfect pop of color and sun into my cheeks, and I think you could use it to contour. I love Nars' quality packaging, the only downside is that it's coated with rubber, so if you throw it into your dirty and powdery makeup bag, the outside will get really smudgy. The reason I didn't give it a five is that I think its too expensive, and theres probably a cheaper dupe of it somewhere. A great purchase to start your Nars collection!

on 3/22/2010 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Quite a nice blush, I don't think it's anything special though. On my NC30 yellow undertoned skin, it's a reddy pink colour. Like I said - nothing special. When I fake tan and go up to an NC40, this doesn't show up on me that much unless I put quite a bit on. But when I'm an NC30, it shows up very easily. It's pretty flattering, but I think I could find a dupe for this for a fraction of the price.

Top Rated NARS Products