December 20, 2014 | 1732 users online

Blush - NARS - Amour

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2010 11:04:00 AM More reviews by ArkAngel21

I believe I may be reiterating previous comments on this blush, however I couldn't sleep knowing that I was one less voice heard on the perfection (for lack of a better word) of this product!

NARS, I sincerely and good-naturedly applaud and congratulate you! This is my HG BLUSH! Natural-looking, colour-flattering (on my olive toned skin) not to mention that it has amazing staying power (does not slide off, despite my continuous oil-producing cheeks!)

I always get compliments whenever I don this blush. I find it quite flattering when I apply it over my cheekbones, now I can "flaunt" good bone structure!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2010 3:12:00 PM More reviews by RainbowsUnicornsAndHGfdn

Click 'continued' for photos.
This is an intensely saturated corally dark pink that turns to a ruddy red on my pale skintone (NC20) throughout the day, hence 1 lippie off. However I can see this working beautifully on darker skintones as the shade itself is a very natural, complex type of coral/peachy pink that resembles a real blush, as opposed to a flat, monotone shade that just looks like another layer of product on skin. The finish is matte and the texture is silky. Due to the intense pigmentation of this blush, the wearing power is quite impressive - not much fading in color intensity, not much migrating of product, the only gripe is, as I mentioned earlier, a slight shift in tone where it turns more reddish which can look rusty on fair/cool skin. However applied very lightly, I can still make it work and keep the ruddiness to a minimum. To conclude, I'd recommend this to medium to dark-toned ladies of say, NC25 or above.

As you can see from the photos, on contact with my skin the color turns out more muddy and red than it looks in the pan. Pale ladies beware. Make sure to do a swatch in store and leave it on for at least several minutes to see the final look.

The stripe swatch is 1 layer, the round swatch is multiple layers.

continued >>

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2010 2:41:00 AM More reviews by avocadobutter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great blush for everyday or for special occasions. Very long lasting, silky texture. The perfect peachy pink for my medium skin. I recommend this to everyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2010 11:38:00 AM More reviews by maybellina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've had this blush for over two years. I love it - a beautiful and slightly burnt coral-pink. I am very fair and this adds the perfect pop of color and sun into my cheeks, and I think you could use it to contour. I love Nars' quality packaging, the only downside is that it's coated with rubber, so if you throw it into your dirty and powdery makeup bag, the outside will get really smudgy. The reason I didn't give it a five is that I think its too expensive, and theres probably a cheaper dupe of it somewhere. A great purchase to start your Nars collection!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2010 12:47:00 PM More reviews by Adriana265

Quite a nice blush, I don't think it's anything special though. On my NC30 yellow undertoned skin, it's a reddy pink colour. Like I said - nothing special. When I fake tan and go up to an NC40, this doesn't show up on me that much unless I put quite a bit on. But when I'm an NC30, it shows up very easily. It's pretty flattering, but I think I could find a dupe for this for a fraction of the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2010 6:46:00 PM More reviews by bumblebeezer

This is definitely my favorite blush right now! I have mata hari, orgasm, and dolce vita but I reach for this one the most. It looks very pretty and natural and the perfect peachy pink. I'm an NC25 with dark hair and it looks great with my coloring. Definitely a staple in my stash!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2010 5:27:00 PM More reviews by jaden08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great color by nars. I typically reach for torrid over this one but all in all i would still buy this again in a heartbeat if i ran out. Im about a nc44/nc45 in mac, tahoe in nars and it suits my skintone wonderfully. I apply w my mac 168 brush and if i put to much use my 187 to sheer it out a bit. Just like all nars blushes this one is very pigmented even on me so a little gives a beautiful flush, too much and it will get bozo the clown looking. If you want to go with a more natural option to me torrid is the one, but overall i can pull off both with the right application and i get peachy, rosey cheeks, everytime.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2010 7:04:00 PM More reviews by lathibad

This is one of the most understated, but unique, pieces of make-up in my collection. While the product looks stark white in the pan, on my skin it appears barely gold. It almost looks as if my skin just has a sheen to it where ever this is applied. I consider that a good quality for a highlighter. I'm almost thirty, and I just don't need anything sparkly in my make-up collection; in fact I tend to gravitate towards matte items. However, this product gives the skin a dewy quality. The reflecting mica is so finely ground that you cannot even see the individual particles. It just adds a bit more light to the skin. Because it's so understated, I don't use it sparingly. I apply it to my cheekbones, brow bones, and just brush it on my nose, chin, and forehead. In my opinion it does seem to give my face more depth, and works as a good scuplting tool. However, my skin is ultra-pale. This may be why the gold looks so understated on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2010 10:54:00 PM More reviews by bruno777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this blush. It's a light peachy color and looks very good on my skintone. I'm a MAC NC50 for reference. I have been wearing this almost daily since purchasing it. A little goes a long way. I typically pair this with my gold deposit MSF as a highlight and it looks really gorgeous.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2010 9:43:00 PM More reviews by thechinesericeball

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Bummmer, I really wanted to like this blush, I tried so hard to make it work but it never looks slightly good on me. Even applying it with a light hand and blending, it still looks orange and flat!

I think this would look great on darker warm skintones, but on my cool medium olive skintone it just looks...off. It is a beautiful blush but I will not repurchase. My search for the perfect peachy blush continues = /