November 29, 2014 | 1272 users online

Shampoo - Mane 'n Tail - Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2013 11:09:00 AM More reviews by MissDangerr

This shampoo and conditioner worked wonderfully with me. The only thing about it is that it doesn't work well moisturizing. Everyone has had this problem. I have used this shampoo most of my life. My mom bought it when I was little and we always have the conditioner on hand. My mother has several horses and she rides, but I don't. We haven't bought the shampoo until recently, but I like it. It makes my hair grow and makes it stronger, but it doesn't moisturize. I found a way to get around that. Use Moroccan Oil or jojoba oil or anything that works for you either with the conditioner or after conditioner and that covers your moisturizing. I hope this helps!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2013 6:03:00 AM More reviews by peachez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this shampoo because of all the hype about how this shampoo makes your hair grow faster. I felt like it DID make my hair grow faster, but at a price: my hair became soooo dry!! Eventually I stopped using it because even though my hair was growing at a faster pace it was all dry and damaged feeling. I would not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2013 2:55:00 AM More reviews by Mikaylaikin

I used mane n tail because I was looking for a product that would boost my hair growth. My hair is very thick and length is about above my breasts. After the first time I saw a difference, my hair was very soft and shiny. But after washing my hair with it every day it started to dry my hair out really badly. I recommend using the shampoo once a week as a clarifying shampoo, and mixing the conditioner with your normal conditioner to speed up growth :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by cvicious

This is the very best shampoo I have ever tried and I have tried dozens of them. I waited a week to write this review because I wanted to be sure there was no build up of any kind. So far, there has been zero buildup and consistent amazing results from the first use.

The first time I used it, I was blown away. My hair is soft, light, full of body, shiny and beautiful,my boyfriend even commented that my hair looked 'luxurious'. My curls are soft and defined, and I didn't even use the matching conditioner. Every day my hair looks exactly the same with no buildup of any kind.

I will keep using this shampoo forever if I keep getting these results. If you have been thinking of trying this, but have been hesitant, try it you won't regret it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by xxsteff07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

*Deep moisturizing version* This was the WORST product I've ever tried for my hair. Yes it is worse than Fructis, Herbal Essences and Pantene. I was really excited to try this. Here in Canada it's not as cheap as in the USA, it's 8$ + taxes for a 350mL bottle. I didn't use it with the Mane 'n tail conditioner, I used it with my Biolage conditioner. Oh and I did a diy olive oil + eggs hair mask right before (this (usually) never fails to make my hair soft). And it still managed to make my hair feel and look like straw. Really. I felt as if I had salt in my hair. I didn't even wait for it to finish to dry, I jumped in the shower and washed my hair with my usual blue shampoo. Very disappointed.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by kgallagher12

I saw many reviews saying it would help my hair grow but i have used it for 4 months and it has not, I am also taking biotin vitamins and i have not seen a change but an advantage is that it makes hair very healthy and soft

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 6:48:00 PM More reviews by SigneT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is sooo sooo drying for my hair. When Ive used this, my hair feels so brittle and damaged. The conditioner is just as bad. The price is great and it comes in a huuuge bottle. But I wont repurchase this cause it made my hair worse than before.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2013 7:45:00 PM More reviews by yonkers19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Meh...Not that great for 3a curly hair. It made it very frizzy and hard to control. Also the bottle is a little too big and annoying to pour into your hands.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by rainlullaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My hair is naturally wavy/curly and fairly thick. I straighten it a lot because I prefer that straight, sleek look.

Recently I picked up a small bottle of Mane n Tail at Family Dollar for $2. This stuff does wonders for my hair. I usually shampoo twice with this stuff and it leaves my hair extremely soft and light feeling. I find this shampoo to be very moisturizing.

After showering I will blow dry my hair and it feels so luscious! I do try to alternate shampoos. Every other week I use my Aveeno Nourish+Moisturize Shampoo.

Haven't used it very long so I cannot comment on hair growth.

Another plus to this shampoo is that I can use it to bathe my dog. It leaves him soft, shiny and clean :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2013 5:48:00 PM More reviews by IsabellaRivera

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My mom brought this home for me one day saying that one of her friends that she plays tennis with is in love with it, so I gave it a try. It wasn't very moustirizing but it did make my hair feel healthier. Also, it grew like CRAZY! My hair was just under my shoulder blades then grew to the middle of my boobs in about 2 months!

The only flaw to this product is that it strips the color out of your hair! I know that they do have a color protecting shampoo which I have never tried but I will eventually.

So, I recommend this product for anyone who wants to start the process of growing their hair super long! This shampoo is a great starting point.