Clinique Liquid Facial Soap - Oily skin

3.6

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauramidopropyl Betaine, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultane, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate, Tea Cocoyl Glutamate, Butylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Serenoa Serrulata (Saw Pelmetto) Fruit Extract, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Sucrose, Menthol, Hexylene Glycol Polyquaternium-7, Laureth-2, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Sulfate, EDTA, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

i like htis product better than cetaphil. it works like cetaphil but removes the make up much more effectively. it's really inexpensive considering its about 15 dollars for a product that works well for my oily skin and lasts a long time if used in proper portions.

my skin is no where near as oily, i dont get oily skin under my make up anymore. however it took about a month use of hte product before i started seeing results. skin feels super clean.

on 7/29/2009 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I haven't been very impressed with Clinique's facial cleansers. I got this as a GWP. It's comparable to drug store brands but I wouldn't buy it again.

on 7/13/2009 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This is a decent cleanser. It cleans the face well but doesn't help with oil control for very long after you've used it. I have realized that bar soaps work FAR BETTER on my oily skin than liquid cleansers. I used this for a while then switched to Clinique's oily skin bar soap. My bottle of this is still half full so I use it from time to time as a makeup remover. It removes makeup suprisingly well! Overall, a good, not great cleanser.

on 7/13/2009 12:32:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This cleanser doesn't dry out my combination to oily skin. In fact, it leaves my skin feeling fresh and cleansed. What I like most about this cleanser is that my skin does not feel taut and dry.
The pump bottle is great! Saves me having to wonder how much is left in the bottle (semi-translucent).
This would have to be one of the best valued cleanser I have bought for a while.

on 7/9/2009 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I've been using this cleanser for about 2 years now. It really seems to get my face clean and take ALL my makeup off. It's great for my skin because it tends to be really oily, especially by the end of the day.

on 7/6/2009 7:12:00 PM

I got a sample of this soap for free along with my clinique moisturizing gel (which is great btw). This soap cleans alright, but seems to leave dead flakes of skin on my face. It's also too drying and expensive. Not worth trying.

on 6/25/2009 3:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Lets examine before we enter a new product in the database people. There are like 4 entries for one cleanser. Anyways, it is a very nice cleanser. Not stripping or drying in the least bit. I can tell that it leaves the barrier of the skin undisturbed. I would buy again. The smell is weird even tho9ugh its unscented, i prefer some scent, it doesnt have to be strong, but the smell is kinda blagh. It doesnt make me happy to wash my face, let me just say that. But it does cleanse well.

on 6/24/2009 11:23:00 PM

Despite numerous other reviewers ditching this product and saying that it is too drying for their skin, I have to say this is my HG cleanser. It seems like some of the negative reviews of this product were due to the reviewers not having oily skin to begin with (or if they have oily skin, it's oily in the sense that their skin gets oily sometime during the day, which is not necessarily an indication that you have oily skin).

I, on the other hand, have oily skin in the sense that it is constantly oily. I have never used anything that dried out my skin. Not even traditional soap has dried it out. Anyway, this cleanser is the only cleanser I have used that has been able to keep my chin breakouts at bay. My face feels clean afterwards and I absolutely adore the menthol that has been added to it - makes me feel refreshed in the morning.

Some reviewers have dismissed this product as not being fragrance-free because of the weird smell it has. Well, it is precisely because it is fragrance-free that you can smell the actual chemicals that this cleanser is made of! I agree the smell is not exactly pleasing, but I'm used to it. In the past, I would stray off to other cleansers with a better smell (such as Avalon Organics), but this is the only thing that works for me and I vow to stick with it from now on!

EDIT (27th August 2009): I've gotten lazy and I have finally fulfilled my continual quest for a multi-purpose product that will wash my face and body. Refer to my review on the Hamilton Skin Therapy Wash.

Update on 10 January 2010: I'm back to using this. I'm using the 3-step program now cuz after all these years of going on and off Clinique, I finally realised that it was the 3-step program that always kept my blemishes at bay.

on 6/23/2009 5:47:00 PM

This is the first clinique cleanser I bought. It was awful, and completely wrong for my skin, but I used it for a while, thinking it must be doing something good, because of the brand.
I've got oily skin with mild acne and even so this cleanser is far too harsh and stripping for my skin. The entire 3 step system is based on a rather shaky premise that all skin is essentially the same, with only 4 definable 'types'. This is obviously over simplistic, and a more prescriptive approach is better. The 3 step products that are supposedly right for my skin just made my skin sentized, red and tight, but without actually clearing up any of my acne. It turned my skin dry and flakey, but still with acne!

on 6/6/2009 11:31:00 AM

First of all - I just don't go with most Clinique cleansers. This is also one of them.

It is foamy and as I notice with most foaming (specially Clinique's) cleansers is that they cleanse my skin so good they also remove my protective barrier.

This product is very similar to the Mild version of liquid cleanser, just it is (for me) more aggressive and it also has a bit of smell (not liking it).

It took some time to realize that, but when you experiment you are also more quickly to notice what is wrong and which products are great for you.

But I must point out I ADORE most of other Clinique skincare items:-)

I definitely wouldn't advise this product to noone! Even the oily skin typed people, becase I just think this would dry your skin and make your skin even more oily.