August 1, 2014 | 1542 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Liquid Facial Soap - Oily skin

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2009 5:47:00 PM More reviews by AnaBloom

This is the first clinique cleanser I bought. It was awful, and completely wrong for my skin, but I used it for a while, thinking it must be doing something good, because of the brand.
I've got oily skin with mild acne and even so this cleanser is far too harsh and stripping for my skin. The entire 3 step system is based on a rather shaky premise that all skin is essentially the same, with only 4 definable 'types'. This is obviously over simplistic, and a more prescriptive approach is better. The 3 step products that are supposedly right for my skin just made my skin sentized, red and tight, but without actually clearing up any of my acne. It turned my skin dry and flakey, but still with acne!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2009 11:31:00 AM More reviews by mAn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First of all - I just don't go with most Clinique cleansers. This is also one of them.

It is foamy and as I notice with most foaming (specially Clinique's) cleansers is that they cleanse my skin so good they also remove my protective barrier.

This product is very similar to the Mild version of liquid cleanser, just it is (for me) more aggressive and it also has a bit of smell (not liking it).

It took some time to realize that, but when you experiment you are also more quickly to notice what is wrong and which products are great for you.

But I must point out I ADORE most of other Clinique skincare items:-)

I definitely wouldn't advise this product to noone! Even the oily skin typed people, becase I just think this would dry your skin and make your skin even more oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2009 8:38:00 AM More reviews by sharonkumar

This cleanser is great.It has kept my skin clear and acne free.It doesn't dry out my skin and overall my skin looks great when I clean it with this. My only gripe is the menthol. Why Clinique? Why add menthol?! But since it doesnt cause any bad reactions with my skin,I'll be sticking with it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2009 9:55:00 AM More reviews by jessica87

I got this in one of the sample kits, and it does an okay job. I don't think it keeps my skin very clear, and my face doesn't feel that clean after. Maybe it's just too gentle for me, I like cleansers that have a little scrubbing power. If you want something gentle for oily skin, then this is probably great, but I wasn't really impressed.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2009 9:18:00 PM More reviews by mkeddie

I didn't mind this but it burned my eyelids. I like a gentle soap that will take off all make up including eye but I don't like the burning feeling. I had no redness after but I still find it too strong. Will not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2009 6:40:00 PM More reviews by missjacks

I've tried many different face soaps for oily skin, and I would have to say this has been the best so far. Its too bad its not sold in drug stores where I'm from, that might be the only down fall. It makes my skin feel clean and fresh, not dry and irritated like the medicated face soaps. Plus this is the only soap that's NOT medicated that actually clears my acne. The only reason I would stop buying this is if the price goes up.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2009 11:14:00 AM More reviews by babykitten9

I really like this liquid soap. Considering that it's for oily skin types it''s actually quite gentle and not stripping in any way. Quite economical too - I've been using it for a month and it's still 7/8 full.
I am deducting one lippie for the menthol Clinique so generously added to this cleanser. Why oh why did they have to do it?
I would buy it again though.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2009 1:12:00 PM More reviews by onion411

I have never been a big fan of Clinique especially after using their foundations which broke me out quite bad. Well, I wear heavy foundation and the cleanser I used at the time did not clean my skin, so I purchased this based on great reviews from beauty bloggers. I didn't know which number to pick because my skin is unpredictable-but I chose oily because I intenended to buy this cleanser to remove my heavy foundation which makes me very oily-made sense so I got it.

I have been using this for a little more than a month and I only used about 1/8th of the bottle. One pump removes everything! This washes away all my makeup that is left on my face, it makes my skin feels fresh, and it does not break me out.

This retails for about $13 at Sephora.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2009 9:37:00 PM More reviews by dnemoy85

Bottom line this product is the absolue worst you could use on your skin especially this version for us combo or oily skins. Its result are only temporary and fake since it has the msot harsh alcohol adn etc ingredietns as compared to teh other cleansers and will long derm make your skin rough and dry it out. Even if folowing with moisturizer after all your lost mositure isnt replenished overall and your mosituizer doesnt sink into your skin and balance oiliness as it should when using a good cleanser.

I used this line and bottom line end up finding out the hard way that what felt amazing and clean turned into my skin being ccompletely stripped of all moisture. Until I recently started looking at product ingredients and switching to organic wher eI can I didnt realize how this toner has pure alcohol adn way to =oo much of it, Alcohol in and skincare is teh kiss of death. Doesnt matter if you ahve oily or blemish prone skin which is when we thing we need to go crazy and over clean but all this toner and the cleanser did was strip out all my skins natural balance of mositure whic h in turn made me overproduce oil (the reason i was using it to begin with was to clear oila dn deep clean) and in turn make my breakout all teh time from too mcuh oil. Even thought he clinique lines are usually made with some good ingredients the oily skin cleanser (which contain menthol and laureth the msot drying ingredients alive) and all the toner containing alcohol are the worst choice you can ever make for use on your skin. SInce the good effects are only illusions. Took me motnhs to recover after using this line. I switched to Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil, which as all cleansers we use is perfect since it deep cleans with absoltuely no hartsh chemicals while putting moisture back into your skin and keepin its natural ph balance.

I wish I could safe everyone who sues cliniques toners and the oily skin cleanser from the insane skin stripping I went through. Jsut shows how it pays to actually have knowledge about your skincare and understand all the good ingrdients it nees to have isntea dof the bafd since all the salespeople I ever speak to at counters especially Clinique lie to your face about how alcohol and all their bad ingredients are good for your skin lol. Ncie to know people will do anything fro commission right.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2009 2:08:00 PM More reviews by gozog

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't think I'll ever use anything else. My zits went *poof*, my scars are going *poof*, and my oil slick is going *poof*. It might be a little harsh for those of you with sensitive skin. Take Clinique's skin test and find out which products you're supposed to be using!!