December 18, 2014 | 1681 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Liquid Facial Soap - Oily skin

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2009 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Eivuwan

I got a sample of this soap for free along with my clinique moisturizing gel (which is great btw). This soap cleans alright, but seems to leave dead flakes of skin on my face. It's also too drying and expensive. Not worth trying.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2009 3:49:00 AM More reviews by just55

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Lets examine before we enter a new product in the database people. There are like 4 entries for one cleanser. Anyways, it is a very nice cleanser. Not stripping or drying in the least bit. I can tell that it leaves the barrier of the skin undisturbed. I would buy again. The smell is weird even tho9ugh its unscented, i prefer some scent, it doesnt have to be strong, but the smell is kinda blagh. It doesnt make me happy to wash my face, let me just say that. But it does cleanse well.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2009 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Skytenshi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Despite numerous other reviewers ditching this product and saying that it is too drying for their skin, I have to say this is my HG cleanser. It seems like some of the negative reviews of this product were due to the reviewers not having oily skin to begin with (or if they have oily skin, it's oily in the sense that their skin gets oily sometime during the day, which is not necessarily an indication that you have oily skin).

I, on the other hand, have oily skin in the sense that it is constantly oily. I have never used anything that dried out my skin. Not even traditional soap has dried it out. Anyway, this cleanser is the only cleanser I have used that has been able to keep my chin breakouts at bay. My face feels clean afterwards and I absolutely adore the menthol that has been added to it - makes me feel refreshed in the morning.

Some reviewers have dismissed this product as not being fragrance-free because of the weird smell it has. Well, it is precisely because it is fragrance-free that you can smell the actual chemicals that this cleanser is made of! I agree the smell is not exactly pleasing, but I'm used to it. In the past, I would stray off to other cleansers with a better smell (such as Avalon Organics), but this is the only thing that works for me and I vow to stick with it from now on!

EDIT (27th August 2009): I've gotten lazy and I have finally fulfilled my continual quest for a multi-purpose product that will wash my face and body. Refer to my review on the Hamilton Skin Therapy Wash.

Update on 10 January 2010: I'm back to using this. I'm using the 3-step program now cuz after all these years of going on and off Clinique, I finally realised that it was the 3-step program that always kept my blemishes at bay.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2009 5:47:00 PM More reviews by AnaBloom

This is the first clinique cleanser I bought. It was awful, and completely wrong for my skin, but I used it for a while, thinking it must be doing something good, because of the brand.
I've got oily skin with mild acne and even so this cleanser is far too harsh and stripping for my skin. The entire 3 step system is based on a rather shaky premise that all skin is essentially the same, with only 4 definable 'types'. This is obviously over simplistic, and a more prescriptive approach is better. The 3 step products that are supposedly right for my skin just made my skin sentized, red and tight, but without actually clearing up any of my acne. It turned my skin dry and flakey, but still with acne!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2009 11:31:00 AM More reviews by mAn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First of all - I just don't go with most Clinique cleansers. This is also one of them.

It is foamy and as I notice with most foaming (specially Clinique's) cleansers is that they cleanse my skin so good they also remove my protective barrier.

This product is very similar to the Mild version of liquid cleanser, just it is (for me) more aggressive and it also has a bit of smell (not liking it).

It took some time to realize that, but when you experiment you are also more quickly to notice what is wrong and which products are great for you.

But I must point out I ADORE most of other Clinique skincare items:-)

I definitely wouldn't advise this product to noone! Even the oily skin typed people, becase I just think this would dry your skin and make your skin even more oily.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2009 8:38:00 AM More reviews by sharonkumar

This cleanser is great.It has kept my skin clear and acne free.It doesn't dry out my skin and overall my skin looks great when I clean it with this. My only gripe is the menthol. Why Clinique? Why add menthol?! But since it doesnt cause any bad reactions with my skin,I'll be sticking with it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2009 9:55:00 AM More reviews by jessica87

I got this in one of the sample kits, and it does an okay job. I don't think it keeps my skin very clear, and my face doesn't feel that clean after. Maybe it's just too gentle for me, I like cleansers that have a little scrubbing power. If you want something gentle for oily skin, then this is probably great, but I wasn't really impressed.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2009 9:18:00 PM More reviews by mkeddie

I didn't mind this but it burned my eyelids. I like a gentle soap that will take off all make up including eye but I don't like the burning feeling. I had no redness after but I still find it too strong. Will not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2009 6:40:00 PM More reviews by missjacks

I've tried many different face soaps for oily skin, and I would have to say this has been the best so far. Its too bad its not sold in drug stores where I'm from, that might be the only down fall. It makes my skin feel clean and fresh, not dry and irritated like the medicated face soaps. Plus this is the only soap that's NOT medicated that actually clears my acne. The only reason I would stop buying this is if the price goes up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2009 11:14:00 AM More reviews by babykitten9

I really like this liquid soap. Considering that it's for oily skin types it''s actually quite gentle and not stripping in any way. Quite economical too - I've been using it for a month and it's still 7/8 full.
I am deducting one lippie for the menthol Clinique so generously added to this cleanser. Why oh why did they have to do it?
I would buy it again though.