April 16, 2014 | 2079 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Liquid Facial Soap - Mild

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2011 1:40:00 AM More reviews by kathynoemi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought the 3 step system and loved the moisturizer and toner. This, however, was a dud. I've seen some people say "well of course this doesn't take your makeup off, you use a remover first" well, that's what I always do regardless of the cleanser. I take of the majority of it with a wipe. Of course there's some makeup residue that's in the pores so I expect my cleanser to at least be able to get rid of that. Nope. I used this, then the toner and there was still so much makeup on my cotton pad. If it can't even remove makeup residue, I can't expect it will really be cleaning my skin. It also smells odd. It does have a nice bottle/pump.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2011 12:21:00 AM More reviews by LauraAnn13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This face wash works decently well for me. I have sensitive skin and a lot of face washes irritate me pretty bad. It doesnt smell that great but it seems to smooth my skin out a little. Cleanses pretty well, takes off my makeup and doesn't dry me out.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2011 5:00:00 PM More reviews by SharniBear

I love this! It makes my face feel great, I use this along with the toner and the moisturiser, I am #2 and it is great. It does get rid of my make-up but you should always remove it with a make-up remover first. The downside is it costs me #30 odd dollars, and I do still break out a bit, but I would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2011 10:27:00 AM More reviews by mizwright

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I switched to the clinique 3 step about 2 wks ago and I really like this cleanser. Considering I follow up my cleanser with a toner, I think this works well. My face always feels clean and free of any dirt and oil then my #2 toner picks up any leftover makeup that was missed w/o overdrying. I love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2011 12:38:00 AM More reviews by AllAboutMe83

This cleanser is ok in my book, but not good enough for me to repurchase. It did not remove all my makeup because after washing my face I always use a toner and there was tons of makeup on my cotton pad. This is a decent face cleanser for people who don't use makeup and want a mild cleansing job, even though I purchased the mild version I still found this to slightly dry my skin. It did not break me out or cause any irritations but there are many cleansers out there that are much better for half the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2011 9:43:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

I haven't had much luck with Clinique products lately, but this one really works for me. I love the pump bottle, and you do get a lot for your money. I have been using this for about a month and the level in the bottle has only gone down about 3/4". The soap is gentle on my skin and foams nicely. My skin doesn't feel dry and tight after using it and my makeup comes off easily, even long wear foundation. I would really recommend this product, and I will be buying again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2011 4:49:00 AM More reviews by discovery

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ok, so I"ve finally decided to stop reading reading reviews for free. I've taken much advice from MU and would like to add back.
I have a weakness for good facial products in my never ending quest for perfect skin.
I bought this cleanser as i do believe that something mild is way better for me even though i have combo skin, moderately oily t-zone, comfortable in the cheeks. Cleansers for thsi skin type tend to be too harsh, in fact im skin type 2 on the clinique skin chart thing.
This cleanser is great to take away grime, light make up, its just a good cleanser that doesnt leave a tight feeling afterwards. Its really gentle but cleans effectively.
I will definitely re-purchase. I wish I had found this earlier and not wasted money on zillions of other products.
A good but with good packaging. Excellent to take into the shower, does not cake up like the bar soap. Good if you gym as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2011 10:55:00 AM More reviews by ptexpress

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This cleans my face of oil, dirt, light makeup and leaves my face hydrated. The lockable pump makes it easy for travel. Pretty much everything to ask for in a facial cleanser. I have combination skin and use the Mild version.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2011 10:18:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

Ugh...I feel so bad. My mom insisted on buying me this, as well as the toner and moisturizer that came with it, and I feel so bad because I reacted terribly to the cleaner (the toner I'm fine with though & haven't tried the moisturizer yet). I did love the way it foamed up, but it gave me pimples everywhere! It gave me a huge cystic pimple on my cheek that hurt, but wouldn't pop, and it gave me a bunch of little whiteheads along my jaw line. And when I break out, my zits are red. Not red, but RED! And I'm very pale, so they stand out like sore thumbs. Terrible...definitely not buying this again. I'm really starting to lose faith in Clinique, since the lady at the counter blatantly lied about them changing the formula of their products. Absolutely ridiculous!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2011 7:58:00 PM More reviews by dakota2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried a sample of this because my stock of favorite cleanser of all time (Wet 'n' Wild Face Gentle Cream Cleanser) is running low and I wanted to find a replacement. Well this is certainly not it. It broke me out, made my face super oily, and the smell is like Vicks...ugh :( I won't purchase this...