July 29, 2014 | 2127 users online

Powder - Chanel - Double Perfection Compact

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2009 9:00:00 PM More reviews by pelikandaughter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I HATE the new formula for this product. I started using this in 2000 and would go through about two compacts a year (no refills available). It was pricey but I had never used anything like it - it made my skin look flawless and even on warm humid days I could go several hours without retouching. It was my HG. Anyway, last fall when I went to get the refill it started to clump on my skin and the same color I'd been using (the lightest, Vanilla) was looking dark on my face. The coverage was patchy. And my dry skin looked really oily and uneven about a half hour after I applied it. I thought maybe it was my skin and not the product, so a few weeks ago, I decided to give it one more try - but it's as horrible as I remembered. The sales rep told me that the new formula is supposed to be "less drying" but my dry skin perfers the old formula, thank you very much.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2009 8:59:00 AM More reviews by jbarrett1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have to agree with everyone who HATES the new formula! I absolutely loved the old formula, which gave me a flawless look. I constantly got compliments on my skin. The new formula seems greasy and gives you an oily look. Not sure why they changed it, as the clerk at Nordstroms told me that the old formula sold like hotcakes... she was even upset that they had changed it! Let me know if anyone has found anything comparable to the old formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2009 12:05:00 PM More reviews by Cara101

Best Powder foundation on the market. You get what you pay for. this makes me look so natural. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2009 11:59:00 PM More reviews by Zoey223

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have a love/hate relationship with Chanel Cosmetics. First of all, their skin care products SUCK. Don't let them draw you into their Sublimage line - it's full of hype and contains nothing that will actually improve your skin. Secondly, their nail polish line is the only product really worth HAVING because it's chip-proof formula is better than most brands and their color selection follow fashion trends and is astute enough to carry enough Limited Edition colors to keep us Nail Color lovers happy.

Anyway, I'm here to review the Double Perfection Powder. I have it, and love the look of the compact. It's sleek, elegant, inconic Chanel and I (shamefully admitting this) love to whip it out in public once in a while so every other woman can think 'oooh, she wears Chanel'. Yeah, I'm giving unnecessary credit to Chanel, but that's how it goes when we're trying to impress...

The powder itself is so-so. I found a good match in my skin tone (MAC NC25), but it's practically useless without a good powder brush. With a competent brush, Double Perfection can buff away discolorations and even out skin tone without looking chalky or streakish. A quick swipe with the enclosed sponge (dry only, please... don't make the mistake of applying it with a damp sponge) can eradicate the tell-tale oily T-Zones and provide minimal coverage for a short amount of time.

Bottom line: NOT worth the money. Fabulous to keep in your bag to show off.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2009 2:11:00 PM More reviews by fhyeh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using Double Perfection for 13 or 14 years now, and I was horrified when I heard they were reformulating it. I recently had to buy a new compact and was expecting the worst, but honestly I can't tell the difference. It still goes on smoothly; provides great, natural looking coverage; and lasts all day long.

An SA at Neiman Marcus told me it had been reformulated, but an SA at Bloomingdales said it was the same formula but with additional colors. It's interesting that they can't keep their story straight.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2009 8:35:00 PM More reviews by Jaell

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used the as my foundation for a few years. I've read a few reviews on mua where some users are saying that the formula has changed but I haven't noticed anything different aside from the .05 ounce diff. Still love the product provides great coverage on my oily/acne prone skin. Will continue to purchase

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2009 1:52:00 AM More reviews by myang8

I used Double Perfection in Medium Beige for about 5 years. They recently "added some new colors" and changed the formulation so that the powder did not look so "powdery" when applied. Well, I have combination skin and throughout the day with the newer version of DP, my skin turns orange! My face looks like an oil slick as well, with areas of my skin clumped with color. I used to be obsessed with this product, but I can't use it anymore! So upset!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2009 4:02:00 PM More reviews by Knox123

Ok. I'm going to have to disagree with everyone who hates the new formula, because I absolutley LOVE it.

I was SO bummed when I figured out they changed it, until I actually tried it. It goes on smoother and better than ever, in my opinion. It doesn't get shiny on me either.

I've been using this powder for 5 years and it's the only thing that has been able to hide my acne and my old scars. It also minimizes my pores!

I don't break out anymore (thanks to YAZ), but I still really love how this powder reflects the light so that my few mild pock marks from old acne don't really show up.

**I like the fact that you can buy refills without having to buy a whole new compact. I commend Chanel for reducing waste, BUT did anyone else notice that the refill is smaller and about the same price as the old one? That irriates me, so I knocked it down to 4 lippies.**
I hope this makeup is here to stay. I LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2009 6:46:00 PM More reviews by LauraBraunstein

Yes it's expensive, but nothing else compares! When used over a little moisturizer, the coverage is so perfect and the look so flawless I can't even tell you. The varying shades in the pale spectrum also make it really easy to match to skin tone perfectly. If you don't want to shell out this much go to Nars' similar product, but the coverage isn't quite as good.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2009 6:19:00 PM More reviews by love4chanel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love, Love, Love it! The finish is beautifully matte but not cakey-mask like. It looks great in pictures as well. I apply it with the sponge or a big powder brush. I usually have pretty oily skin and this keeps me shine free almost all day but it doesn't make me feel dry. Since I am very fair, I was very happy to find a light color at the Chanel store that Nordstroms and Macys didn't have (the .5 Vanilla) and it matches well. The compact is elegant and the price is pricey- but it is Chanel. Definitely will buy this again and again.