Chanel Double Perfection Compact

Talc, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Silica, Octyldodecyl Lactate, Caprylyl Methicone, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Isopropyl Isostearate, Lauryl Lactate, Zinc Stearate, Methylparaben, Polyisoprene, Zinc Oxide, Propylparaben, Bis-Hydroxyethoxypropyl Dimethicone/IPDI Copolymer Ethylcarbamate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate.May Contain: Red 6, Red 7 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Ultramarines, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Mica.

on 6/25/2009 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Omigod this is far the best powder foundation I've ever put on my face and I have acne prone skin. I thought Jane Iredale was the best foundation until i tried this one. It is quite expensive more than $50, but its worth every penny if your face look flawless.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE, there is no words to express how glad i bought this.
GUYS please do not hesitate to try this, worth every penny, I promise.

I LOVE YOU DOUBLE PERFECTION
PS. Im using the medium beige shade

on 6/18/2009 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

beautiful, flawless product that makes my skin look just that-beautiful and flawless. I've been a Lancome powder foundation user for years (Lancome Dual Finish) and while I've been happy with it, lately I couldn't find a very good color match and it seemed to go oily on me around midday-decided to give the Chanel product a try as I've been so pleased with all my other Chanel purchases. this is a lovely, finely milled powder foundation that does provide coverage and has a gorgeous finish. color match is actually Light Beige (3.0) even though I wear Cendre/Shell (1.5) in all their foundations....the 1.5 in the compact was too pale/ivory however. will update if I have any issues but so far I am loving this powder.

on 6/8/2009 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

i love this powder makeup it covers well dosen't feel heavy or cakey on my skin. i use the soft beige 1.0 it is the perfect match for my skin. i hope they never discontinue this.

on 5/25/2009 1:21:00 AM

I think I use Soft Biege, which is closer to a slightly golden mid-ivory than it is to beige any day. I like this product, but I don't love it enough to spend another 50 bucks on one when I run out. The packaging is really pretty, but it makes a woman my age (22) look like a princess with a rich dad that cares about nothing but expensive things. But in truth, I only ever bought this because I heard so many great things about it from different people. I was going to choose between this compact and one by Dior, but this one had better coverage and buildability. It hasn't really elevated any of my skin problems, but I end up having to blot my skin every 4-5 hours or so, which is normal. Overall, it's pretty good for people with normal or combination skin, but I just think you can get stuff as good as this for 25-35 dollars from other brands. As for any foundation, I do not recommend you buy it before checking it out in store. =]

on 5/24/2009 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

i really do like this powder foundation quite a bit. i've been wearing it for a while and the sponge applies it just fine, with good coverage. I purchased it at a chanel counter when they were all out of mat lumiere. and i actually like the compact form better than the liquid, its more convienient, slimmer, fits better in a purse, and its not as messy. the shade i wear, sepia 8.5, is a warm shade of brown that once oxidizes covers really well. Its definitely not too over powdery, as i do use it with the sponge. I find that I can touch it up all over my face throughout the day and not have to wait for it to oxidize, because the shade matches really well. the matte finish is good for my oily skin,
definitely recommend this product to oily or combination oily skin, and will repurchase again.

I am reviewing the new version of the Double Perfection Compact. I never tried the old one, so I don't really know what I'm missing. This powder is so finely milled!! I used to use Lancome Dual Finish, but it looked so cakey mid-day and emphasized dryness and pores. This looks so amazing when you first apply it. My skin looked so airbrushed and perfect!! And it didn't emphasize dryness. However, there is absolutely no oil control whatsoever. Plus it oxidized and became slightly darker and pinker. So unfortunately I will not be repurchasing, and have not found my HG foundation :(

I HATE the new formula for this product. I started using this in 2000 and would go through about two compacts a year (no refills available). It was pricey but I had never used anything like it - it made my skin look flawless and even on warm humid days I could go several hours without retouching. It was my HG. Anyway, last fall when I went to get the refill it started to clump on my skin and the same color I'd been using (the lightest, Vanilla) was looking dark on my face. The coverage was patchy. And my dry skin looked really oily and uneven about a half hour after I applied it. I thought maybe it was my skin and not the product, so a few weeks ago, I decided to give it one more try - but it's as horrible as I remembered. The sales rep told me that the new formula is supposed to be "less drying" but my dry skin perfers the old formula, thank you very much.

Right now, I'm trying the Dior Forever powder...I'll review after a few weeks, so far it seems like one of the better ones I've tried. (But I really wish we could get the old formula of this again and I would also love to hear about any similar products.)

on 5/4/2009 8:59:00 AM

I have to agree with everyone who HATES the new formula! I absolutely loved the old formula, which gave me a flawless look. I constantly got compliments on my skin. The new formula seems greasy and gives you an oily look. Not sure why they changed it, as the clerk at Nordstroms told me that the old formula sold like hotcakes... she was even upset that they had changed it! Let me know if anyone has found anything comparable to the old formula.

on 3/16/2009 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Best Powder foundation on the market. You get what you pay for. this makes me look so natural. I will definitely repurchase.