November 25, 2014 | 1776 users online

Powder - Chanel - Double Perfection Compact

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2009 4:44:00 PM More reviews by star7395

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i really do like this powder foundation quite a bit. i've been wearing it for a while and the sponge applies it just fine, with good coverage. I purchased it at a chanel counter when they were all out of mat lumiere. and i actually like the compact form better than the liquid, its more convienient, slimmer, fits better in a purse, and its not as messy. the shade i wear, sepia 8.5, is a warm shade of brown that once oxidizes covers really well. Its definitely not too over powdery, as i do use it with the sponge. I find that I can touch it up all over my face throughout the day and not have to wait for it to oxidize, because the shade matches really well. the matte finish is good for my oily skin,
definitely recommend this product to oily or combination oily skin, and will repurchase again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2009 1:19:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie90

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am reviewing the new version of the Double Perfection Compact. I never tried the old one, so I don't really know what I'm missing. This powder is so finely milled!! I used to use Lancome Dual Finish, but it looked so cakey mid-day and emphasized dryness and pores. This looks so amazing when you first apply it. My skin looked so airbrushed and perfect!! And it didn't emphasize dryness. However, there is absolutely no oil control whatsoever. Plus it oxidized and became slightly darker and pinker. So unfortunately I will not be repurchasing, and have not found my HG foundation :(

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2009 9:05:00 PM More reviews by pelikandaughter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I HATE the new formula for this product. I started using this in 2000 and would go through about two compacts a year (no refills available). It was pricey but I had never used anything like it - it made my skin look flawless and even on warm humid days I could go several hours without retouching. It was my HG. Anyway, last fall when I went to get the refill it started to clump on my skin and the same color I'd been using (the lightest, Vanilla) was looking dark on my face. The coverage was patchy. And my dry skin looked really oily and uneven about a half hour after I applied it. I thought maybe it was my skin and not the product, so a few weeks ago, I decided to give it one more try - but it's as horrible as I remembered. The sales rep told me that the new formula is supposed to be "less drying" but my dry skin perfers the old formula, thank you very much.

Right now, I'm trying the Dior Forever powder...I'll review after a few weeks, so far it seems like one of the better ones I've tried. (But I really wish we could get the old formula of this again and I would also love to hear about any similar products.)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2009 9:00:00 PM More reviews by pelikandaughter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2009 8:59:00 AM More reviews by jbarrett1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have to agree with everyone who HATES the new formula! I absolutely loved the old formula, which gave me a flawless look. I constantly got compliments on my skin. The new formula seems greasy and gives you an oily look. Not sure why they changed it, as the clerk at Nordstroms told me that the old formula sold like hotcakes... she was even upset that they had changed it! Let me know if anyone has found anything comparable to the old formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2009 12:05:00 PM More reviews by Cara101

Best Powder foundation on the market. You get what you pay for. this makes me look so natural. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2009 11:59:00 PM More reviews by Zoey223

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have a love/hate relationship with Chanel Cosmetics. First of all, their skin care products SUCK. Don't let them draw you into their Sublimage line - it's full of hype and contains nothing that will actually improve your skin. Secondly, their nail polish line is the only product really worth HAVING because it's chip-proof formula is better than most brands and their color selection follow fashion trends and is astute enough to carry enough Limited Edition colors to keep us Nail Color lovers happy.

Anyway, I'm here to review the Double Perfection Powder. I have it, and love the look of the compact. It's sleek, elegant, inconic Chanel and I (shamefully admitting this) love to whip it out in public once in a while so every other woman can think 'oooh, she wears Chanel'. Yeah, I'm giving unnecessary credit to Chanel, but that's how it goes when we're trying to impress...

The powder itself is so-so. I found a good match in my skin tone (MAC NC25), but it's practically useless without a good powder brush. With a competent brush, Double Perfection can buff away discolorations and even out skin tone without looking chalky or streakish. A quick swipe with the enclosed sponge (dry only, please... don't make the mistake of applying it with a damp sponge) can eradicate the tell-tale oily T-Zones and provide minimal coverage for a short amount of time.

Bottom line: NOT worth the money. Fabulous to keep in your bag to show off.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2009 2:11:00 PM More reviews by fhyeh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using Double Perfection for 13 or 14 years now, and I was horrified when I heard they were reformulating it. I recently had to buy a new compact and was expecting the worst, but honestly I can't tell the difference. It still goes on smoothly; provides great, natural looking coverage; and lasts all day long.

An SA at Neiman Marcus told me it had been reformulated, but an SA at Bloomingdales said it was the same formula but with additional colors. It's interesting that they can't keep their story straight.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2009 8:35:00 PM More reviews by Jaell

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used the as my foundation for a few years. I've read a few reviews on mua where some users are saying that the formula has changed but I haven't noticed anything different aside from the .05 ounce diff. Still love the product provides great coverage on my oily/acne prone skin. Will continue to purchase

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2009 1:52:00 AM More reviews by myang8

I used Double Perfection in Medium Beige for about 5 years. They recently "added some new colors" and changed the formulation so that the powder did not look so "powdery" when applied. Well, I have combination skin and throughout the day with the newer version of DP, my skin turns orange! My face looks like an oil slick as well, with areas of my skin clumped with color. I used to be obsessed with this product, but I can't use it anymore! So upset!