November 20, 2014 | 1855 users online

Moisturizers - Aveeno - Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer SPF 15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2011 11:10:00 PM More reviews by ellie4526

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate this product. For some reason I really wanna like Aveeno. I guess they have good marketing b/c as bad as this stuff was, I still considered buying it again when I saw it in the store recently. The packaging is so appealing and makes you think it's a natural, and soothing product. IT'S NOT. I have acne prone, combination skin. I usually respond well to moisturizers that are oil free, and I tried this one hoping that it would help diminish my acne scars but it gave me horrible breakouts after just a couple of days. It's awful under make-up and without makeup makes you look SUPER-CRAZY shiny. The only plus and the reason I gave it a 2, was that it helped ease the redness from the breakouts (the breakouts it GAVE ME). I guess, it would be good for people with rosacea (who aren't acne prone) b/c it does actually "calm" in the sense that it reduces redness. Oh, and if it gets close to your eyes it stings like hell FOREVER. You basically have to take a shower to relieve the stinging.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2011 10:35:00 AM More reviews by jabritao

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used this product for years on my dry, sensitive and acne prone skin. I think that it helped calm my mild subtype 1 rosacea and did not cause subtype 2 breakouts. I had more blackheads than I have with my current routine, but fewer than with nearly all other lotions. I stopped using this product when I decided to switch to products rated 2 or less on the Environmental Working Group's Cosmetic Database. This product is rated 6. My skin feels much better since the switch.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2011 5:55:00 PM More reviews by jasminecess

I have dry skin and I am prone to acne, I have less than a mild case of acne. I get more break outs around my period time but otherwise I think my skin is just fine. I have medium skin tone, not too tanned and not light at all. I get irritated which causes me to get red and I really hate that especially since I have a medium tone, and this product works over 2 weeks to clearing up your redness. Doctors even recommend it if you complain about your skin to them ( dermatologists ) with it is also SPF I been using it over 2 years, it is beyond perfect, it keeps your skin the same tone it is and always will be no lightening if anything it would help moisturize and even bring a darker glow to your skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2011 5:47:00 PM More reviews by WendyW

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Do not think of getting this anywhere near your eye area. If the smallest amount gets into your eye, it will sting and hurt like mad. No amount of watering or tearing of your eye will help, you'll have to completely rinse your eye out with water and reapply your eye makeup. I now only use this on my arms and chest just so it doesn't go to waster. Afterward, I thoroughly wash my hands just to assure that no amount gets on my face. It's that irritating to the eyes! I'm not the only one either; take a look at the other negative posts.

You think it won't get in your eyes, but throughout the day you don't realize that you sweat and a small amount could get in your eye.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2011 2:21:00 PM More reviews by missdubois

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the most sensitive skin on the face of the earth. Not only that, but i also have acne-prone skin. I break out very easily, especially on my cheeks and chin. Ever since i started using this moisturizer though, i haven't gotten a zit since. I've been using it for about three weeks now. It really surprised me because after all of the acne cleansers and peels and yada yada yada that i've used since seventh grade, who knew a good calming moisturizer like this was all i needed. I love this product. It smells amazing too. If i had three thumbs they'd all go up right now. Two isn't enough

rated 1 of 5 on 4/29/2011 4:51:00 AM More reviews by BeautyonaBudget

I absolutely despise this product. Aveeno is a good brand and they usually churn out good products but this one was a definite "what were they thinking" product.

The lotion is very very oily and somewhat heavy.

It caused me to break out which is just yikes! Yes I have combination skin but I only used the product in my "dry areas.

Definitely not very calming!
_______________________________
Pros:
- You can turn the knob on the bottle so that it doesn't squirt all over during travel.

Cons:
-VERY oily
-thick
-caused me to break out.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2011 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Dance16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this product. I've been using it for about 1 1/2 now and it's super moisturizing. I love-the packaging too you can get all the product out so it's not a waste. It may be a little pricey for a DS product but it's defiantly worth it. I did take off one lippy though because it does make my skin a little oily by the end of the day. But that's all and you only need a little bit too.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 4:15:00 AM More reviews by dmhamamoto

I'm on my third bottle :)

This is probably the best moisturizer I have ever used! I have acne-prone skin so my face is always kinda red/blotchy. But this moisturizer definitely helps calm it down.
Also, I don't need a primer when I put my liquid foundation on because this moisturizer really makes a good base to put make up on.

My face is soft and silky feeling afterwards :) I love love love this. It is a bit spendy BUT it is the only moisturizer that didn't make my acne worse! and... the best part, on days that I do not wear makeup, it does not make my face oily either :) definite plus! I am probably not going to buy any other moisturizer again :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2011 7:03:00 PM More reviews by elysef

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this moisturizer for my oily, sensitive skin. It doesn't break me out at all. I wish the spf was higher and that it didn't have any fragrance in it but overall, a good product. for daily use I prefer Clinique's even better cream but when I run out I might go back to this cheaper alternative.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2011 9:00:00 PM More reviews by Kasey42588

I LOVE this product!! I have red blotches on my cheeks and I bought this mainly for that. While it didn't help the redness, it did provide me with extremely soft, hydrated skin. I use it in the morning and before bed, following a face wash. It makes putting make up on easy and it's a wonderful base for liquid makeup.

I gave it a 4 for packaging because when you are almost out, the bottle still feels heavy and the pump doesn't always take in the product; you have to kind of shake it.