November 24, 2014 | 1059 users online

Moisturizers - Extra Virgin Olive Oil

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2013 2:00:00 AM More reviews by martylayne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE EVOO!
i use this to remove my mascara and undereye concealer. it works soooo well. i also apply it on my eyelashes before i go to sleep so my lashes are conditioned. it has really strengthened them. i highly recommend EVOO for hair, skin, and nails

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 12:19:00 AM More reviews by aliengirrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this stuff. I've used/using it for everything.
1. My hair has been seriously damaged over my "teenage I don't care what happens to my hair I'm changing the color every 2 weeks", evoo is seriously recovering my and regrowing my hair better than any other products I've tried. I use this about twice a week and rub it into my hair and scalp and leave it in for 30-60 minutes, wash it out and my hair is shiny silky soft and full.
2. EYELASHES!! I'm a huge false eyelash girl and the glue has done some damage to them. I hadn't really cared as I was using false eyelashes almost everyday... but now I'm starting to just want my own eyelashes. So I've been using this every night and literally within 4 day's there has been a difference. Stronger and thicker! I've heard after about 2 weeks they also get longer so we'll see.
3. On my lips as a moisture thingy.
4. When I'm just having a beauty night I'll just lay in a bubble bath and rub this on my face for about 15 minutes. Not around my chin area as it will cause me to break out there, but around my nose and cheek area. It does an amazing job of getting rid of all the dirt stuck in your pores.
5. Makeup remover for eyes.

Yah Extra Virgin Olive oil is a miracle beauty product, I will never go without it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by cherish66

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned but one of the greatest uses for olive oil, and you don't need to use the expensive extra virgin olive oil, save that for your cooking, is as a hand scrub. Do it this way: when you are throwing out your coffee grounds stop! Save a handful, add some olive oil to the grounds to make a scrub and just keep rubbing your hands, fingers, cuticles together. After a bit rinse off and dry your hands. You won't believe how soft,smooth and young looking your hands will look. Give it a try!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 8:56:00 AM More reviews by eli88

This is a review for Organic EVOO from the store, which cost me about 5 pounds for 250ml. I have been using it for 1 and a half months and have acne prone, very sensitive skin with dry patches.
This is an amazing product. I only use it in the evening.
I apply a small amount (think 1 teaspoon) to my face, eyes, and lips and massage gently for about 10 seconds. I then rinse a towel with very, very hot water from the tap, drain excess water, and then cover my face with it for 5 seconds. I repeat this about 3 times, and the steamy goodness of the towel removes all the olive oil and makeup. I mean ALL of it.
My skin is acne-prone and scarred, and I have not broken out in the month and half that I have been using it (touch wood!). I follow up with raw honey as cleanser and then raw apple cider vinegar as toner, and will never go back to horrible nasty chemicals.

Warning: A combination of the above gives me the occasional dry patch, but I believe it's the vinegar, which I apply generously, and when I cut back the dryness stops.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 1:05:00 AM More reviews by luverchick

please do NOT be afraid to put this on your face! i once was a skeptic...I dont suggest putting regular olive oil...please make sure it is extra virgin....it is super moisturizing and comes in handy when trying to removed make up specially water proof mascara....this makes it come right off like butter!!! doesnt irritate my skin and doesnt cause any break outs....it is healthy to eat and great for the face what more can we ask for...it buy the huge bottle at SAMs club for about 7-8$ and it lasts for EVER! I have 2 small bottles...one in the shower and one by my sink which i refill as i need :) i will ofrver use this product

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2012 4:26:00 PM More reviews by kellyyxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

very multi functional, i love to use this as a scalp masque every few days, i am trying to grow out my hair and i've heard it works wonders. so far it has given me very lustrous, shiny, soft hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2012 2:52:00 PM More reviews by myblackdog

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OK, the terminology is incorrect Olive oil is an emollient not a "moisturizer" altho' the latter term is pretty confusing.. If you apply it after cleansing, after a shower or bath, while skin is damp, it will trap the moisture ( water) in your skin really nicely - but yes, it can be messy. I like to put it on my feet, then put on socks over night. Or to use a tiny tiny tiny amount after a shower and rub into the skin - especially legs.NOT so much you see the oil.

One very good thing about olive oil if you use it to remove eye makeup or to protect that fragile undereye area - it is not only gentle, but doesn't cause allergic reactions. It is safe to use for people who must be extraordinarily careful.I wouldn't - having had acne problems - apply it to areas that are already oily.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2012 11:57:00 AM More reviews by ljoseph29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the best natural moisturizer around! I use it as a hot oil treatment, a sealant and an everyday body oil. This stuff is way better than most products that claim to be effectively moisturizing! My hair is coarse and kinky but after I section it up and coat it with this bad boy, my hair feels soft and easy to style. The bonus it does for my skin is that it keeps it healthy and supple. I love using it right after a nice, warm shower. Works waay better than any man made lotion in my opinion!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2012 9:39:00 PM More reviews by JaneWhit99

Extra Virgin Olive Oil is one of the best kept beauty secrets for hair. I apply a generous amount into my hair before washing it and let it sit for about 30-45 minutes in a bun. Once in the shower i rinse it out with water and then apply my shampoo and conditioner. My hair feels extremely soft and silky for days after. I do this routine probably once a week and it helps keep my hair healthy and strong. For best results, the highest quality should be used but if you don't want to shell out a bunch of money then just use whatever is in your kitchen pantry :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2012 8:34:00 PM More reviews by gsl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought Josie Maran's argan oil, the smallest bottle for 14 bucks (wow). Used it for about two weeks, didnt see any difference whatsoever. I'd wake up in the morning and I noticed a lot of white flakes around my chin, which happens a lot during the cold months here in Chicago. Anyway, decided to give olive oil a try and boom! Literally, after one night i saw a difference. It's a miracle, im so greatful for this site, otherwise i would of never known! My 19 year old sister suffers from really bad acne so I truly hope this will help her too. Will update on her skin in a few weeks :)

EDIT: I have been using this for a week and I have the nastiest pimples on my forehead and chin. One huge and painful right on top of my lip. Ugh. Not cute. I'm not sure if I'm "purging"...will continue for another week and I'll update.