January 31, 2015 | 1155 users online

Fragrances - Jean Paul Gaultier - Classique EDT

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2006 7:40:00 PM More reviews by robotica77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wore this when it first came out years ago and now I am on the hunt to buy some again off ebay. I think this is perfect for the fall/winter. I call it the "biker babe" perfume. It's a light oriental floral mixed with a leather and tobacco smell. The bottle is very feminine (woman's hourglass) and great for collectors.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2006 8:30:00 PM More reviews by nicesmile

i LOVE how this is sweet and sexy....after about an hour in sephora, i finally settled on this!!! it's so feminine and sexy. not too spicy but enough to that it puts me over that flirty fruity fragrance category into some adult stuff!!!! i also got the non-alochol summer version to wear during the day. oh...and i HATE the bottle. what in the world.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2006 8:03:00 AM More reviews by Gabbee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This fragrance is great. It has a sweet, sexy, yet not too overpowering scent and a little goes a long way. It lasted for ages, I loved the packaging and the price wasn't too extravagant!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2006 1:00:00 AM More reviews by chantal9677

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A former boyfriend used to love this scent and bought it for me often. I decided to go back and try this scent again. wow, it is now so headache inducing I cannot bear to wear it. i must have really loved him to have worn it faithfully a few years ago! I now just find it too strong and not feminine at all. Perhaps my body chemistry has changed. I have smelled it on others and although a bit overpowering it can be sexy on others.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2006 9:32:00 AM More reviews by elisahenley

This is one of my favorite fragrances! It's weird but I've noticed that the EDT has more staying power and smells better than the traditionally more expensive EDP. The EDP seemed to fade easily and the scent was lighter. I love this perfume because it smells fresh and clean... not overpowering. It's very sexy and feminine, and it is at the top of my list for repurchases.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2006 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Sherrie11

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Updated review Jul 20, 2007: I'm always on the see-saw with Classique edt. I either love it for its sensual sweet ambery drydown, or I hate it for being cloying and annoying. I do prefer the edp, but this morning I'm loving the edt. Whatever made me think I couldn't wear Classique edt in summer? This is the perfect summer scent. The summer warmth and humidity mute the screechier high notes somewhat and mellows the whole composition into a soft, fluffy surrounding cloud. This is a very feminine scent. It smells especially delicious in summer weather. I'm glad I've rediscovered it in my own wardrobe.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2006 1:51:00 AM More reviews by farah79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the first bottle of this perfume about 6 years ago. I think I am on my fourth now. I never get tired of this. It is such a sweet sexy complex fragrance that cannot be imitated. I have had so many men ask me what delicious perfume I am wearing! I absolutely love it and it was my first ever perfume HG, still is. I alternate between this and Lolita Lempicka. Both are to die for. It's kind of strange to review perfumes because it is something so personal. I understand why some women may hate this perfume, the ones that like more fresh or lighter scents. It either goes with you or it doesn't!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2006 9:25:00 AM More reviews by lorio3733

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Oh my aching head. This fragrance is an aberation in the eyes of god. If I had loved the scent, I would have been thrilled, because it has the craziest staying power of any perfume I've ever worn. You need a sandblaster and a delousing shower to get rid of this. I kid you not. I put it on for the first time before going shopping at the mall, and I literally had to come home early after a couple of hours, I was so overcome by it. I nearly threw up in my mouth in the car on the way there- with the windows rolled up I was literally basking in the scent of myself, and it was not good. Two squirts, that's all I did, and yet, I wanted someone to put a Japanese sword through me. Mercy killing. Hari Kari. Sepaku. Drink the purple cool aid and call it a day everyone, I swear, this stuff reeks like musty arm pits. It evokes memories of sweating my way through layers of that other puke-orama perfume, Exclamation, in junior high gym class. John Paul Gautier should be put in a dungeon for this monstrosity. It smells like BO, it smells like something trapped inside a wall, it smells like my grandmother, and she's dead. I wish I loved this, and I wish I never put it on. Save yourself 80 bucks and rub tuna juice on your pulse points instead. At least your cat will think it's hot.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2005 3:36:00 AM More reviews by Berty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is definitely not for daytime or work - too strong, too sweet. However, for evening it's just full of sexiness and very feminine. It's strong so don't put too much on, and it lasts for ages. It IS very sweet, but worn with something elegant and sophisticated, is totally glam IMHO. Oh, and by the way, men love it...

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2005 6:59:00 PM More reviews by mosesmom

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wore this perfume for a while many years ago, although for the life of me now I can't figure out why. It's heavy, slightly vomitous, and muddy, and evokes images of cheap French whores (or, in a pinch, Madonna). The vanilla note overrides the spice for me, and I simply cannot bear the stuff. Yuck.