April 17, 2014 | 1729 users online

Deodorants - Tom's of Maine - Natural Deodorant

rated 1 of 5 on 12/1/2009 11:19:00 PM More reviews by erinennis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Gave me an awful rash, the skin was inflamed, stung and developed ridges. After weeks of wearing no deoderant, and trying to calm the area down with aloe or oatmeal, the inflamation subsided. Clearly, I had an allergic reaction to this product. I do not reccomend it, as I've heard similar accounts from different product message boards.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2009 9:28:00 PM More reviews by liquidskyfire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

It seems from the other reviews that this deodorant is just not strong enough for most people, but it's perfect for someone like me who sweats very little! Personally, it lasts me all day - even on hot summer days or when exercising! So I DO reccomend this for anyone who, like myself, only needs a MILD deodorant.
So with that in mind, here are some of the reasons that I personally like it:
- It smells really nice! That goes for all the different scents, though my favourite is calendula. To me it smells like soap, so it makes me feel like I'm nice and clean, even when I'm sweating enough that my underarms are damp :)
- It has a nice smooth texture - not that dry, almost chalky feel that a lot of deodorants have. So it's nice to swipe on quickly when you're in a hurry to get out the door!
- It's clear, and never leaves white marks on your clothing.
- It's aluminum free, and it still allows you to sweat, instead of blocking off your pores, which I don't believe is very good for you. It basically allows you to sweat, but gets rid of the nasty odor... so it's sort of like you start sweating out perfume, I guess. LOL!
So again, for anyone who sweats only a little, this is a great deodorant!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2009 10:52:00 PM More reviews by perfectflower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This wasn't to bad. I have the honeysuckle rose one and it smells really pretty. It's okay for days when I'm not going to be in stressful situations like work. Because it melts easily being all natural and everything. There are better things out there.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2009 12:04:00 AM More reviews by oldjuly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I thought this would be alright on my skin since it was natural but it gave me terrible rashes. ARGH

rated 2 of 5 on 9/4/2009 3:34:00 PM More reviews by thlewis

I tried the deoderants at LUSH only to have fire pits that I am JUST now recovering from. Saw this at the grocery store and decided to try. I got the non-scented version. It does help with BO BUT I find I need to reapply during the day or go over it during the day with another non-scented deoderant (I've been using Secret). It's not bad, but I want a deoderant that keeps the BO at bay and I don't have to constantly try to do the 'sniff test' and have to reapply. The search continues....

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2009 5:07:00 AM More reviews by seniorita

I don't often wear deodorant because a) I don't really need it, b) lazyness, c) hate the smell of most deodorants. But I do wear it every once in a while in the summer when its ridiculously hot outside, and I know I'm gonna sweat like a mofo...Or, when I'm working..I'm a waitress, and I often have to get pretty close to the clients (armpit is basically in the vicinity of their faces when I'm reaching over to fill a glass or whatever) and the last thing I'd want is to have B.O! I don't wear antiperspirant because the idea of blocking my sweat freaks me out..Anyhow, this stuff works great in keeping me fresh, I use the calendula scent (smelled weird in the tube but its actually nice once on.) Sometimes when I don't shower at night, I wake up in the morning still smelling the deodorant, so it definitely lasts on me, though its definitely not an overpowering scent. Its the only tube I managed to finish...took a year and a half...and believe me, I've been to some smoking hot places!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/2/2009 7:43:00 PM More reviews by EyelinerLover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Smells good, and it's all natural...but that's about as far as the goodness of this product goes. I have stopped using regular deodorants and switched to all natural ones without any aluminum/unhealthy chemicals in them. This one (I got in Lavender) smelled lovely, but when applied was simply terrible. It went on sort of slimy and didn't dry on my armpits, so I just had to put my clothes on with it wet/sticky on my armpits. It also did nothing to prevent any odor, I would have been better off not wearing any deodorant at all because I still had as much body odor, but it simply mixed with the scent of this deodorant, which was far worse than the body odor on its own. Obviously it's not meant to be an antiperspirant so I wasn't expecting it to stop any sweat, but it felt like it made me sweat even more.

I've switched to the Crystal Roll-On Deodorant and that works like a charm.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2009 9:51:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I agree with another reviewer...Yukkerzzz! I gave two stars being that this is natural and does not contain Aluminum Chlorohydrate. But other than that, using it was not a good experience! I tried several versions of it including the Long-Lasting one, and had slimy wet underarms all day. I ended up stinking at work! I now use organic deodorant from JASON Natural Cosmetics in Tea Tree scent, and it is awesome! I will not repurchase this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2009 9:51:00 PM More reviews by nickiricki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ugh! I hated this stuff. I bought this because my dad said that antipersperant has aluminum in it and blah blah blah. So I picked out the lemongrass one and it smells pretty good but unfortunately, it makes me smell so bad. It doesn't do anything to mask the odor of b.o. I smelled so bad with this stuff. Even if I took a shower and put it on right afterward, I would smell so bad within an hour. And I never ever smelled like b.o. before I used this deoderant. Maybe it messed around with my body chemistry or something but it is just terrible. I'm just gonna stick to using my certain dri. Please, whoever is reading this, don't buy it! lol

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2009 9:27:00 PM More reviews by Cherub573

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Eww... sticky texture. It has a weird sourish lemon-tang smell to it even though it's supposed to be honeysuckle rose. Waste of money, I don't even care if it covers up body odor because I think it smells gross right out of the container.

It does work on me though, 8 hours later, I don't smell any body odor, it smells exactly the same as when I first put it on (which I still don't like :p) My underarms are still tacky from the stick, but not moist.

I much prefer the Jason tea tree deodorant stick- the smell is better, texture is smoother- not sticky, and it works just as well.