August 22, 2014 | 1952 users online

Deodorants - Tom's of Maine - Natural Deodorant

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2009 1:01:00 PM More reviews by inneroracle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This does not work for me. Very embarrassing actually. The oils or something mix with sweat to make me smell worse. Liquid Crystal with Weleda spray deodorant are my HG!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/25/2009 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Graceful26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I used to use this deodorant before I discovered Crystal. I did like enough for a more natural non anti-perspirant. I really liked the Apricot whihc has a mild pleasant smell ... problem is it didn't hold me! After about an hour I, myself, would feel uncomfortable with my lack of freshness. If, for some reason, I couldn't find Crystal or couldn't find a better one, I guess I would buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2009 4:56:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My fiance uses this, the Long Lasting Version. It smells good on him. he has been trying to get me to switch to natural deodorants because clogging pores with aluminum is not good. I tried his, this stuff is very gel stick like texture. Very soothing and smells good. It does feels icky but finally dries. It doesnt protect me from dryness, I'm self concious. I will one day fine one deodorant that works for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2009 4:03:00 AM More reviews by tojoyamoto

I won't be buying this again. The deodorant simply wasn't strong enough, and my underarms always felt sticky and wet.
It took very little for me to begin to smell-- just a 2 mile stroll with my puppy had me smelling pretty ripe. :(
I really wanted to love this product. I do like how smoothly it glides on-- it just never dries! It is clear, so it's not noticealbe if you are wearing sleeveless clothing. It has a nice, fairly strong smell-- just not enough to mask my smell, apparently. It contains no aluminum-- excellent. Tom's of Maine is cruelty free-- Yay!
I recommend this deodorant for people who sweat very, very little-- but, if that is the case, just wipe on apple cider vinegar before getting dressed. That's much cheaper and works just as well without that uncomfortable wet, sticky feeling.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/1/2009 11:19:00 PM More reviews by erinennis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Gave me an awful rash, the skin was inflamed, stung and developed ridges. After weeks of wearing no deoderant, and trying to calm the area down with aloe or oatmeal, the inflamation subsided. Clearly, I had an allergic reaction to this product. I do not reccomend it, as I've heard similar accounts from different product message boards.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2009 9:28:00 PM More reviews by liquidskyfire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

It seems from the other reviews that this deodorant is just not strong enough for most people, but it's perfect for someone like me who sweats very little! Personally, it lasts me all day - even on hot summer days or when exercising! So I DO reccomend this for anyone who, like myself, only needs a MILD deodorant.
So with that in mind, here are some of the reasons that I personally like it:
- It smells really nice! That goes for all the different scents, though my favourite is calendula. To me it smells like soap, so it makes me feel like I'm nice and clean, even when I'm sweating enough that my underarms are damp :)
- It has a nice smooth texture - not that dry, almost chalky feel that a lot of deodorants have. So it's nice to swipe on quickly when you're in a hurry to get out the door!
- It's clear, and never leaves white marks on your clothing.
- It's aluminum free, and it still allows you to sweat, instead of blocking off your pores, which I don't believe is very good for you. It basically allows you to sweat, but gets rid of the nasty odor... so it's sort of like you start sweating out perfume, I guess. LOL!
So again, for anyone who sweats only a little, this is a great deodorant!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2009 10:52:00 PM More reviews by perfectflower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This wasn't to bad. I have the honeysuckle rose one and it smells really pretty. It's okay for days when I'm not going to be in stressful situations like work. Because it melts easily being all natural and everything. There are better things out there.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2009 12:04:00 AM More reviews by oldjuly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I thought this would be alright on my skin since it was natural but it gave me terrible rashes. ARGH

rated 2 of 5 on 9/4/2009 3:34:00 PM More reviews by thlewis

I tried the deoderants at LUSH only to have fire pits that I am JUST now recovering from. Saw this at the grocery store and decided to try. I got the non-scented version. It does help with BO BUT I find I need to reapply during the day or go over it during the day with another non-scented deoderant (I've been using Secret). It's not bad, but I want a deoderant that keeps the BO at bay and I don't have to constantly try to do the 'sniff test' and have to reapply. The search continues....

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2009 5:07:00 AM More reviews by seniorita

I don't often wear deodorant because a) I don't really need it, b) lazyness, c) hate the smell of most deodorants. But I do wear it every once in a while in the summer when its ridiculously hot outside, and I know I'm gonna sweat like a mofo...Or, when I'm working..I'm a waitress, and I often have to get pretty close to the clients (armpit is basically in the vicinity of their faces when I'm reaching over to fill a glass or whatever) and the last thing I'd want is to have B.O! I don't wear antiperspirant because the idea of blocking my sweat freaks me out..Anyhow, this stuff works great in keeping me fresh, I use the calendula scent (smelled weird in the tube but its actually nice once on.) Sometimes when I don't shower at night, I wake up in the morning still smelling the deodorant, so it definitely lasts on me, though its definitely not an overpowering scent. Its the only tube I managed to finish...took a year and a half...and believe me, I've been to some smoking hot places!