November 26, 2014 | 1764 users online

Concealers - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat No 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2008 10:01:00 PM More reviews by LPomona

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

What a drag - I am one of the few who can't make this work. I agree w/a prior reviewer who found #2 was the right shade, but it created an unnatural paleness around my eyes, which "drew attention to the fact that I was trying to conceal something and made me look like a reverse panda." And as if that weren't bad enough, this magic pen definitely *ages* me -- YIKES! By the time I was done applying this, carefully & in small amounts, my eyes looked 10 years older & like I'd just finished a 2-hour crying jag.

I tried it on 3 separate mornings, but it never turned out well. In addition, when I used the technique of gently patting the area w/ring finger, after applying highlighter, the damn stuff just lifted off onto my finger, along with the concealer that was underneath. What a huge snafu.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2008 12:23:00 PM More reviews by mkubik

Before purchasing I thoroughly researched the differences between shade #1 and #2 and am very glad I chose #2.
First of all, shade #1 was the first one YSL put out so it was sort of a generic color in the sense that it was supposed to appeal to a wide range of skin tones hence the color "Luminous Radiance". It is quite pink. I am very pale and am very thankful to the other MUA reviewers who said that shade #2, "Luminous Ivory", is more yellow-based but actually lighter and more natural if you are fair. And they were absolutely right! Companies loves to put lots of "pink" in foundations and concealers for fair skin and it just looks garish and odd most of the time. My skin tone is not Crayola Carnation Pink anymore so than someone's is Maize yellow. ;)
But I digress...the product works wonderfully and and doesn't just cover under-eye darkness but also diffuses it somehow so it looks natural and you don't get that heavy concealer look.
Bottom line: if you are pale consider shade #2 instead of #1...

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2008 11:50:00 PM More reviews by lgans1

No 2 is the best all around color in my opinion. i was using No 1 until a woman suggested i try No 2 and WOW what a difference. i still wish it lasted longer. it seems like you get a good hour or two and then it's gone. i can't help but love it though. i bought No 2 for a friend and she said the same thing. honestly, try No 2!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2008 2:52:00 AM More reviews by MotherPanda

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have got #3 (peachy) and #1 (pale pink) and just got #2 (ivory) on last Friday. I use #3 to conceal the dark circle and highlight with #2. Before, the SA recommended #1 for me. All along, I don't think it's good matching with my skin tone. On last Friday, I went to the counter at IFC, Hong Kong and requested to try another shade #2. As I have yellow base skin tone that #1 is more suitable layer on the #3 and it's good matching with me. Besides, I use it to embellish the brow bone, the nose side and the chin. The texture is so smooth, light and not powdery. It looks great after setting with the loos powder as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2008 11:09:00 AM More reviews by Pitsu

My all time favorite, have gone through 3 of these in the last few years - and just bought 2 more at the airport (cheaper there then in shops).

It is the perfect pick-me-up, to make your eye area brighter - I inherited permanent dark pigment under my eyes, but this product does make a difference. A light, natural difference though. If I feel more determined to get rid of the dark circles under my eyes, I go the full route of eye cream (Korres) + concealer (MAC) + Touche Eclat = perfection :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2008 5:50:00 AM More reviews by huamao

Very moist. Nice glow. Very pricy. Needs constant cleaning.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2008 4:06:00 AM More reviews by rstern

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm another victim of the skin rash. Admittedly, I didn't wash the brush and dry it as carefully as I should have. I loved the product before the allergic reaction. It really made a difference in how I looked.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2008 2:29:00 AM More reviews by kimorris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

As many reviewers have already noted, this is more a highlighter than a concealer. It might still be OK to use on its own if you don't have dark undereye circles, but if you do then you'll need to use this in combination with a proper concealer. I have dark undereye circles, redness and deep hollows and this wasn't able to detract from them so this was only adequate for me as a highlighter.

The No2 was the best match for my skintone but I still found it too light. It tended to create a pale halo around my eyes which even drew attention to the fact that I was trying to conceal something and made me look like a reverse panda. It was also quite drying and caused my undereye area to become flaky and crusty. As with most YSL products though, the packaging luxe and divine. I didn't have a problem with the brush becoming smelly.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2008 3:09:00 PM More reviews by mkupmad727

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

nice highlighter rather than concealer can be drying under the eyes. brush applicator does not work for me but application with a stippling brush around eyes seems to be better. not a hg product but glamourus pen to carry in your make up bag especially on the touch and go. big disadvantage it the colours available as it seems to limit the kind of skin tones that this will work for. but has appeared to last me a long time.
Edit: i am very happy with my pen i have to say ive now mastered the art of applying it. you must make sure your skin is well moisturised and apply to areas such eyebags either straight from the brush or taking from the back of your hand. i find that a patting motion with your fourth finger from your thumb works best. however i would say this is for those days when your skin is less then blemished and dry. this works great to accentuate your lips. simply line the contours of your lips and blend. also works great to redefine lips prior lipstick application. you must remember this is a highlighter so if your eye bags are a nightmare you will have to have some concealer on underneath. ive read that many have suffered the eye rash. and i must say ladies if you wash your brush tip in luke warm water after each application (and i know it is a drag) it will deter any chances of a rash occuring. i stress washing the brush and keeping it clean is a must because to have to throw away such an expensiv item is a pain in the back side. it is a versatile product and application needs to be mastered to suit the person. watch the touche eclat webiste for tips. there are copies out there but none match this, not a must buy but definately something to purchase should you want to try a high end highlighter.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2008 9:46:00 PM More reviews by ropey

I'm not sure about this product. I definitely wouldn't call it a concealer because it didn't cover up any of my imperfections.
I bought it because it gets raves reviews in magazines but I don't know what the big deal is, it really doesn't do anything for me.
It goes on sheer and smooth without creasing and brightens the area around the eyes, but its so not worth the price tag.