April 19, 2014 | 1705 users online

Scrubs - Olay - Regenerist Microdermabrasion and Peel Kit

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2010 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Peaches1027

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product sells out quickly where I live, and when it went on sale I was lucky enough to be able to purchase the last one. It's worth full price, however. This gives my skin the extra boost it needs to stay clear and smooth, and it makes me look refreshed. Follow the directions, and you will get great results.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2010 9:40:00 PM More reviews by MLively

My mom's friend kept on raving about this product. She is very picky so when I saw it our local Grocery Outlet for $10, I jumped on it.
It works well, does not irritate, and smooths any bumps. My only complain is the packaging. It is hard to measure how much of the glycolic vs. the scrub I should use or is left. As a result I tend to use less of the liquid part of the kit. I do recommend you use it prior to washing your hair. Since the crystals do get embedded in my hair line. So far I do it every two weeks in between peels and I am very happy.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2010 9:05:00 PM More reviews by KPsquare

This is an HG skin product for me. I feel normal when I use this twice a week. If I go too long without using it, I feel "gunky" - even though I wash my face every night, I feel this is the only product that lifts all the crap and dead skin out of my face and makes it look fresh and glowy (and at 33, it's not that easy!).

Let me add that my skin is VERY thin and sensitive, and I have experienced no adverse reaction. Just soft, non-dull skin that I miss when I'm too lazy to repurchase. Only complaint is that the tub seems to run out WAY sooner than the activator bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2010 9:01:00 AM More reviews by silver7139

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am very pleased with this product. I have very fair, acne-prone, dry, red, flakies.....basically a pain in the butt complexion. This product has made a HUGE improvement on the texture, tone and clarity of my skin. This has helped reduce clogged pores and pimples, which I always seem to have problems with - I would safely estimate 85-90% reduction. My skin has been looking substantially more even and smooth. Flakes have reduced, it's easier to moisturize and makeup goes on so much better.

The kit is similar to Philosophy's. The cost was about 25 bucks....I use it about every 4 days depending on what my skin is doing and I'm not even close to half finished with it. The process might seem messy to some but I'm not sure it's any messier than just washing your face.

It's two steps, first are the buffing granules you rub in for about a minute, then you add the activating serum. It warms up and you gently massage your face for about a minute and a half. The chemical and science behind it I don't remember. I'm sure the website explains it. It's not my favorite smell, it's not repulsive, it kinda smells like a fruit cup....citrus-y.

I won't call it holy-grail yet because I don't want to jinx it! It has been one of best additions in my skin care routine, ever. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2009 8:12:00 PM More reviews by girlboyfriction

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Tried it about five days ago at my Aunt's house. The mirco-crystals had a nice citrus-y smell to it, and the foam really does warm up on contact with the crystals-- it surprised me. However, the very next morning, I woke up with a painful cystic pimple and a cluster of whiteheads/pus kind of pimples. Will not try again -_-

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2009 12:18:00 PM More reviews by alessie04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

very similar to Philosphy's set. It even smells the same. I've been using this for about 2 weeks now, 3x a week...I have really oily skin and my skin can handle it well. I am very breakout prone and very prone to the red marks (scars) after a breakout because of my skintone. Seriously, a blackhead on me will leave a mark. Not all of the scars are gone but I'd say there is a 30% inprovement. Ones on my cheeks are gone, but ones on my jawline are still fading. I'm using less and less makeup ( I can actually get away with using my foundation as a concealer versues a thick heavy concealer now). I notice that when I skip my usual day to do this kit, I get a zit! So I have to be very consistant with it. Some tips for this, if you're having trouble:
DO NOT use this (or any kind of scrub) over any zit or break out. The crystals (or grains) will spread the yucky stuff all over your face and you will break out more!
Remember that it takes at least 2 weeks for a pimple to form (even though most of them seem to appear over night lol). But really, it does take a while. This product is removing top layers of skin, thus bringing the gunk (lol) up faster. So don't give up if you use it a couple of weeks and zits come up.
DO NOT use this after a shower. After you shower, your pores are open from the steam of the shower. Seems like a great time to exfoliate right? WRONG. The crystals will actually, literally, get stuck in your pores, thus clogging them.

My routine: use Olay microdermabrasion...rinse....apply Honey mask (honey is suppose to also help in removing acne scars and help with acne since it's naturally antibacterial and heals wounds).....hop in the shower and rinse. After my shower is when I usually use a deep cleansing mask: Origins clear improvement (if I'm only having blackhead problems), Origins out of trouble (if I'm in breakout hell or pmsing), or C Bigelows deep cleansing mask (if I'm feeling extra oily).

hope this helps!!!!!!! this is a great product for the value, and I think anyone of any age needs this.

27 out of 29 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2009 3:31:00 AM More reviews by niki0315

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

love this product. After using it for the first time. I had never feel my face so soft like that. I can't help keep touching my face. It works better than any facial scrubs and won't irritate my face. I found Wal-Mart has the best price, $21.xx. Now I use it once a week to keep my face soft. There is another product Termal mini-peel that very similar to this one. I used them both. They all works great.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2009 11:55:00 PM More reviews by chismaks

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

bought this product hoping that it will clear my acne scars. after using this product my face felt bright and clear but after a day small acne will appear. used it once a week for a month with the same results.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 12:31:00 PM More reviews by JClarke

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is very similar to Philosophy's Microdelivery Peel, only cheaper. First you use the scrub which comes in a jar, then you apply the heat activator on top.

Great results, especially good for clearing blackheads and open pores. I find it takes quite a lot of rinsing off to get every last trace off, else you get left with gritty bits on your face and in your hairline.

Beware if you have sensitive skin as it can be a bit harsh. I use it every other day, which is plenty.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2009 4:05:00 AM More reviews by saragrl90

I got this treatment in hopes that it would help fade my acne scars.. Sadly, it didn't:( Well, it did just a little but nothing drastic. But what I loved about this was how soft my face felt after I used it! I love the smell, too! It is so gentle that I used it about 3 times a week (at night). I will re-buy because I love how it makes my face soft. Hopefully, the more I use it, it will help fade my scars;)