October 20, 2014 | 2102 users online

Scrubs - Olay - Regenerist Microdermabrasion and Peel Kit

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2010 7:15:00 PM More reviews by ulaxoxo

This stuff is amazing! It cleared up my skin tremendously and leaves it glowing and soft as a baby's butt. The smell is really invigorating also. My face does get quite red after using this but it goes away very quickly so I sometimes use it in the morning. I am very prone to broken capallaries but i love that I can still get the benefits of an amazing exfoliant without the problems!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2010 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Cocteautwin75

This is a pretty cheap product that works excellently and lasts for about 4 months (which is why I've deemed it cheap). I use it as directed and my skin feels tighter, refreshed and just very clean! If I miss a week (which I have here and there) I feel that my face is a bit dirty feeling. I really love this product!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2010 12:42:00 PM More reviews by joeyemma

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used this product twice. I was looking for a new exfoliator and had seen the reviews this product got and thought I would give it a go.

My skin is true combination- oily cheeks and chin, dehydrated around foreheard and top of the nose.

Step 1 really feels like it is sloughing away dead skin sells, without being gritty of ripping at the skin. Once you apply step 2 if turns into a creamy, slightly warm feeling. I find it is easy to wash away, without leaving gritty residue.

I have been having Murad AHA facials and had stepped up to the strong solution (unsure of the %) and this product leaves my skin feeling better than having a facial.

Price wise, yes it is pricey for a drugstore product (RRP 25), however I used a Boots special offer voucher and paid 20). It is expensive if you think of it as just an exfoliator, however compared to other products such as Philosophy's Microdelivery Peel kit (57) and the cost of facials, it is good value.

****Update- 7th April 2010****. I have now been using this 2x a week for 2 months and have to say I love it and will definitely repurchase as it is nearly empty. It makes my skin so much brighter, helps my makeup go on smoothly. I have had several comments that my skin looks so good since I have been using it.

****Update 21st April 2010*** I have just finished this. I have used it 2x week and it has lasted 11 weeks. Thats 22 applications from the pack, which I think is ok, roughly 1 a scrub!

***Update 20th September 2010*** I have marked this down to a four star as I noticed that I was getting dry sore, red patches on my cheeks near my nose.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2010 3:07:00 AM More reviews by ladywednesday

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I have to admit I love Olay products. They always serve me well, and I am not willing to blow $$$ on HE products that may or may not work.
That said, I had been looking at this kit for months. After research, I ordered it from Ulta on sale. I am willing to spend $20 on facial products.
I have used it four times now. No breakouts, no major issues. Last week a co-worker told me I looked "glowy and fresh." Considering this is the only thing I have changed in my regimen, I will give props to Olay!
The first step- the orange grains- feel nice and scrubby. It's pleasant to rub it into your face, and doesn't feel harsh. The second step creates a warming sensation, but not anything alarming.
I use a washcloth to get all of the product off, following with lots of water splashing because it feels refreshing. I use the Dickinson's Rose Petal Witch Hazel to tone, and a thorough application of Olay Regenerist.
My skin has never felt so soft. Ever.
My last step is to use Olay Night Recovery.
This kit feels like you are doing something special and fun, and leaves no adverse effects. I recently had a mole removed from my forehead, and I think this is helping in fading the scar. I have some acne scarring as well, and it seems to be diminishing too.
Love this product... and for $20, why not try it??

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2010 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Peaches1027

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product sells out quickly where I live, and when it went on sale I was lucky enough to be able to purchase the last one. It's worth full price, however. This gives my skin the extra boost it needs to stay clear and smooth, and it makes me look refreshed. Follow the directions, and you will get great results.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2010 9:40:00 PM More reviews by MLively

My mom's friend kept on raving about this product. She is very picky so when I saw it our local Grocery Outlet for $10, I jumped on it.
It works well, does not irritate, and smooths any bumps. My only complain is the packaging. It is hard to measure how much of the glycolic vs. the scrub I should use or is left. As a result I tend to use less of the liquid part of the kit. I do recommend you use it prior to washing your hair. Since the crystals do get embedded in my hair line. So far I do it every two weeks in between peels and I am very happy.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2010 9:05:00 PM More reviews by KPsquare

This is an HG skin product for me. I feel normal when I use this twice a week. If I go too long without using it, I feel "gunky" - even though I wash my face every night, I feel this is the only product that lifts all the crap and dead skin out of my face and makes it look fresh and glowy (and at 33, it's not that easy!).

Let me add that my skin is VERY thin and sensitive, and I have experienced no adverse reaction. Just soft, non-dull skin that I miss when I'm too lazy to repurchase. Only complaint is that the tub seems to run out WAY sooner than the activator bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2010 9:01:00 AM More reviews by silver7139

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am very pleased with this product. I have very fair, acne-prone, dry, red, flakies.....basically a pain in the butt complexion. This product has made a HUGE improvement on the texture, tone and clarity of my skin. This has helped reduce clogged pores and pimples, which I always seem to have problems with - I would safely estimate 85-90% reduction. My skin has been looking substantially more even and smooth. Flakes have reduced, it's easier to moisturize and makeup goes on so much better.

The kit is similar to Philosophy's. The cost was about 25 bucks....I use it about every 4 days depending on what my skin is doing and I'm not even close to half finished with it. The process might seem messy to some but I'm not sure it's any messier than just washing your face.

It's two steps, first are the buffing granules you rub in for about a minute, then you add the activating serum. It warms up and you gently massage your face for about a minute and a half. The chemical and science behind it I don't remember. I'm sure the website explains it. It's not my favorite smell, it's not repulsive, it kinda smells like a fruit cup....citrus-y.

I won't call it holy-grail yet because I don't want to jinx it! It has been one of best additions in my skin care routine, ever. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2009 8:12:00 PM More reviews by girlboyfriction

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Tried it about five days ago at my Aunt's house. The mirco-crystals had a nice citrus-y smell to it, and the foam really does warm up on contact with the crystals-- it surprised me. However, the very next morning, I woke up with a painful cystic pimple and a cluster of whiteheads/pus kind of pimples. Will not try again -_-

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2009 12:18:00 PM More reviews by alessie04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

very similar to Philosphy's set. It even smells the same. I've been using this for about 2 weeks now, 3x a week...I have really oily skin and my skin can handle it well. I am very breakout prone and very prone to the red marks (scars) after a breakout because of my skintone. Seriously, a blackhead on me will leave a mark. Not all of the scars are gone but I'd say there is a 30% inprovement. Ones on my cheeks are gone, but ones on my jawline are still fading. I'm using less and less makeup ( I can actually get away with using my foundation as a concealer versues a thick heavy concealer now). I notice that when I skip my usual day to do this kit, I get a zit! So I have to be very consistant with it. Some tips for this, if you're having trouble:
DO NOT use this (or any kind of scrub) over any zit or break out. The crystals (or grains) will spread the yucky stuff all over your face and you will break out more!
Remember that it takes at least 2 weeks for a pimple to form (even though most of them seem to appear over night lol). But really, it does take a while. This product is removing top layers of skin, thus bringing the gunk (lol) up faster. So don't give up if you use it a couple of weeks and zits come up.
DO NOT use this after a shower. After you shower, your pores are open from the steam of the shower. Seems like a great time to exfoliate right? WRONG. The crystals will actually, literally, get stuck in your pores, thus clogging them.

My routine: use Olay microdermabrasion...rinse....apply Honey mask (honey is suppose to also help in removing acne scars and help with acne since it's naturally antibacterial and heals wounds).....hop in the shower and rinse. After my shower is when I usually use a deep cleansing mask: Origins clear improvement (if I'm only having blackhead problems), Origins out of trouble (if I'm in breakout hell or pmsing), or C Bigelows deep cleansing mask (if I'm feeling extra oily).

hope this helps!!!!!!! this is a great product for the value, and I think anyone of any age needs this.

28 out of 30 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No