Burt's Bees Burts Bees Lip Shimmers

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ingredients: Lip Shimmers (except Radiance): ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, beeswax, euphorbia cerifera wax, menthe piperita (peppermint) oil, lanolin, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, copernicia cerifera wax, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, fragaria ananassa (strawberry) seed oil, prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil, ribes nigrum (black currant) seed oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, sambucus nigra (elderberry) seed oil, tocopherol, canola oil, glycine soja (soybean) oil. +/-: mica, iron oxides, carmine, alumina, titanium dioxide ~~~Radiance Lip Shimmer: ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, beeswax, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, lanolin, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, fragaria ananassa (strawberry) seed oil, prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil, ribes nigrum (black currant) seed oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, sambucus nigra (elderberry) seed oil, tocopherol, canola oil, glycine soja (soybean) oil, +/-: mica, titanium dioxide.

on 1/21/2011 8:30:00 AM

I remember wanting to try this for ages, but could never justify the price enough to buy it until I saw it at a reduced price in T.K.Maxx. And now I can safely say this product isn't worth buying. Its feels the same as the regular Beeswax lip balm but gives a very pale washed out shiny shimmer to my lips (I bought the Champagne one) that doesn't really flatter or compliment my NC15-fair blonde looks.

on 12/11/2010 1:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love this product! I've tried it in Caramel, Raisin, and Watermelon. They give subtle color and tint your lips, which I like because I am in high school and don't really like to wear anything too heavy on my lips. With this product, I don't need to carry around a lip balm because it is so moisturizing and I don't need to carry around a lip gloss or stain to have a little color. All I need is this :) One thing that I noticed with the Caramel lip shimmer though is that the texture of it is a little grittier than the other two, but I think that is because Watermelon and Raisin provide solid color, while Caramel is much more shimmery. This is a slight annoyance for me and I've gotten used to it, but some people might find it a problem.

on 11/25/2010 3:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

generic packaging, but product is nice. reminds me of the herbal ones from the local co-op as a child. Hippie like item, has a nice moisturizing sheen and color is nice in watermelon. Tried other colors that were darker and they left an uneven shading.

on 11/10/2010 2:16:00 AM

For the price these are great for your lips. They are easy to apply; as easy as chapstick and you don't have to worry about being as accurate as you have to be with lipstick. These are great for a little colour for a casual look during the day.

on 10/30/2010 10:56:00 AM

First of all, the watermelon colour is amazing on fair skin! It also feels as if it brightens your teeth colour. This also moisturizes and feels SO good on your lips! Loving the cool feeling when you put it on, I'm now addicted to it.

on 10/26/2010 9:10:00 PM

I love these because they are moisturizing, natural and give a hint of color (I don't usually wear a bright lipstick).

on 10/18/2010 11:50:00 PM

great colors and very moisturizing and long lasting BUT i cant stand the menthol tingling feeling and super strong peppermint smell and taste. if you dont mind that then i reccomend these. burts bees is a cruelty free company.

on 10/18/2010 2:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

After a flop with the Radiance version I picked this up in Nutmeg, which is much better on me. The shade is a smidge darker than my natural lips, so it really just gives me a little bit of tint and shimmer. It's nice for days when I don't really feel like lipstick (or even makeup), and I enjoy the minty tingle when you put it on... which is unfortunately pretty often as it doesn't seem to last very long. I find it sometimes leave my lips a bit dry-feeling after it's worn off as well. Overall I really like it though. If you find the right shade for your lips, it can definitely be a MLBB type product... but only if you find that right shade!

on 10/12/2010 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

The GOOD thing about this product is that it is more natural than others and it is very moisturizing and I believe it had a slight plumping effect which I like. BUT the reason that it got one lippie is for the overtaking, sickeningly minty taste and smell. It gave me a headache the SECOND I put it on. If you like STRONG mint, then this will be awesome for you!

on 9/22/2010 7:12:00 PM

I purchased "watermelon" a few months ago. I like the colour since itís not to shimmery and shows as a soft pink on my lips. I enjoy the minty/tingle feel as itís similar to their regular balm. It is nice to use for the minimal make up days.

Recommended for Medium Skin