October 22, 2014 | 1501 users online

Lip Gloss - Burt's Bees - Burts Bees Lip Shimmers

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2010 11:50:00 PM More reviews by miafrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

great colors and very moisturizing and long lasting BUT i cant stand the menthol tingling feeling and super strong peppermint smell and taste. if you dont mind that then i reccomend these. burts bees is a cruelty free company.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2010 2:31:00 AM More reviews by skwerlie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After a flop with the Radiance version I picked this up in Nutmeg, which is much better on me. The shade is a smidge darker than my natural lips, so it really just gives me a little bit of tint and shimmer. It's nice for days when I don't really feel like lipstick (or even makeup), and I enjoy the minty tingle when you put it on... which is unfortunately pretty often as it doesn't seem to last very long. I find it sometimes leave my lips a bit dry-feeling after it's worn off as well. Overall I really like it though. If you find the right shade for your lips, it can definitely be a MLBB type product... but only if you find that right shade!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/12/2010 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Kipper8588

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The GOOD thing about this product is that it is more natural than others and it is very moisturizing and I believe it had a slight plumping effect which I like. BUT the reason that it got one lippie is for the overtaking, sickeningly minty taste and smell. It gave me a headache the SECOND I put it on. If you like STRONG mint, then this will be awesome for you!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2010 7:12:00 PM More reviews by sazzygurl

I purchased "watermelon" a few months ago. I like the colour since itís not to shimmery and shows as a soft pink on my lips. I enjoy the minty/tingle feel as itís similar to their regular balm. It is nice to use for the minimal make up days.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2010 2:19:00 PM More reviews by balletdancer923

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm not a big lip stick person. I don't like alot of color on my lips. These lip shimmers are good for me because they are tinted, but it's not overly colorful. I wouldn't call them "lip shimmers" though, it's more like "tinted chapstick". My lips aren't like shimmery when I use this, but I love the color and the feel! I got the color rhubarb and it makes my lips just a shade or 2 darker than normal. It's a nice, natural look when I want a little more color. It moisturizes my lips and feels and smells like peppermint!
The only bad thing about this for me is the packaging. Maybe I got a bad tube, but I twisted the bottom to make the product come out the top, and now I can't get it to go back in! So make sure you don't twist it to much, or else you won't be able to get the cap back on.
Overall, I'd buy this again for the color and moisture! It's perfect for someone who wants a natural color with a little shine. I can't wait to try other colors!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2010 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Addicted2Makeup101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this product!!! It makes my lips look full & shimmery. Only complaint is that it's kinda expensive. (I paid $7.99) But it's worth it. Def gonna repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2010 10:16:00 PM More reviews by aphoticandi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

These are fun. I have a few different colors of this product and I really like them. First, I am not a fan of flavored glosses or chapsticks unless they are non-sweet minty flavored which these are. They give a nice cool tingly feeling to your lips as you wear it. The color opacity varies depending on which one you get, but I tend to go for the more reddish tinted ones and they give a very nice natural bite color to the lips while giving great moisture.
I am a big fan of Burts Bees lip balms, the only thing I would improve on these is to maybe add an spf.
But I love to grab these on my "want a bit of color, lots of moisture, quick and want to look natural" days.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2010 1:57:00 AM More reviews by sunnyonne1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hideous colors: Watermelon and Rhubarb. If they were less pigmented, more sheer, the colors might possibly work. I was hoping for MLBB, but got MLBW (My Lips But Worse)

Texture like sludge/paste/spackle.

I got these in a set of three at TJMaxx (the 3rd color is Champagne). Bought them because of all the rave reviews on MUA. Go figure. I've bought some horrible lip products, but this one takes the cake. It's the all-time winner for the triple H award: Horrible, Heinous, Hideous. Before I bought these, I thought Burt's Bees was a reputable brand. Not any more. Bye Bye Burtie.

Edit/Update: I will give the Devil his Due....The Champagne Lip Shimmer is actually pretty good. Adds a nice soft shimmeryglow to natural lip coloring, and elevates lips to almost a MLBB status. I added a lippie to the rating

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2010 11:01:00 PM More reviews by aredore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this balm in "Rhubarb." The color is nice, but the application is messy - the balm has a habit of "caking" and clumping together like the "lifeguards balm."

I dislike the peppermint oil in the mixture. When my lips are chapped, peppermint only aggravates them. Also, there is no SPF.

There are better lip balms on the market. For those looking for an all-natural tinted balm, the Naked Bee has a superior product in five shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2010 11:59:00 PM More reviews by shoeshoppinggal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love, love, love this product. My favourite day colour is rhubarb and merlot for something a bit darker. It not only adds colour to my lips but is also moisturises and is a pick-me-up with that peppermint oil. It is my all time most loved lip-gloss product.