April 19, 2014 | 1688 users online

Lip Gloss - Burt's Bees - Burts Bees Lip Shimmers

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2010 10:16:00 PM More reviews by aphoticandi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

These are fun. I have a few different colors of this product and I really like them. First, I am not a fan of flavored glosses or chapsticks unless they are non-sweet minty flavored which these are. They give a nice cool tingly feeling to your lips as you wear it. The color opacity varies depending on which one you get, but I tend to go for the more reddish tinted ones and they give a very nice natural bite color to the lips while giving great moisture.
I am a big fan of Burts Bees lip balms, the only thing I would improve on these is to maybe add an spf.
But I love to grab these on my "want a bit of color, lots of moisture, quick and want to look natural" days.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2010 1:57:00 AM More reviews by sunnyonne1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hideous colors: Watermelon and Rhubarb. If they were less pigmented, more sheer, the colors might possibly work. I was hoping for MLBB, but got MLBW (My Lips But Worse)

Texture like sludge/paste/spackle.

I got these in a set of three at TJMaxx (the 3rd color is Champagne). Bought them because of all the rave reviews on MUA. Go figure. I've bought some horrible lip products, but this one takes the cake. It's the all-time winner for the triple H award: Horrible, Heinous, Hideous. Before I bought these, I thought Burt's Bees was a reputable brand. Not any more. Bye Bye Burtie.

Edit/Update: I will give the Devil his Due....The Champagne Lip Shimmer is actually pretty good. Adds a nice soft shimmeryglow to natural lip coloring, and elevates lips to almost a MLBB status. I added a lippie to the rating

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2010 11:01:00 PM More reviews by aredore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this balm in "Rhubarb." The color is nice, but the application is messy - the balm has a habit of "caking" and clumping together like the "lifeguards balm."

I dislike the peppermint oil in the mixture. When my lips are chapped, peppermint only aggravates them. Also, there is no SPF.

There are better lip balms on the market. For those looking for an all-natural tinted balm, the Naked Bee has a superior product in five shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2010 11:59:00 PM More reviews by shoeshoppinggal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love, love, love this product. My favourite day colour is rhubarb and merlot for something a bit darker. It not only adds colour to my lips but is also moisturises and is a pick-me-up with that peppermint oil. It is my all time most loved lip-gloss product.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2010 1:13:00 AM More reviews by NioneEurantale

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Though I love the Burt's Bees lip balms the shimmers just didn't do it for me. The product doesn't look very pretty on my lips when being used alone and tends to feel waxy. It does add a nice shine over lipstick, but since I originally bought the product to use as a stand alone and to receive a little extra moisture while getting some shine it didn't work out for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2010 7:57:00 PM More reviews by Shannap

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love these.. I have them in a bunch of colors. It feels like putting lip balm.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2010 9:33:00 AM More reviews by BoxcarJessie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Papaya is the one I bought and I absolutely adore this product!! It takes away my dry, chapped lips and leaves them smooth, supple, pigmented and gorgeous! I like the fact I can treat my lips AND beautify at the same time. That ROCKS!

I can't wait to try the rest of the shades!! I am dying to get Champagne... ::swoons::
xoxoxoxo

luv,
MadMadamJess

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2010 6:52:00 AM More reviews by Blackpantha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is amazing, my favourite lip gloss/shimmer ever! I own at least a dozen of these!! The shimmer looks great & makes my lips look fuller. Watermelon, Radiance, Guava & Champagne are my must haves, love the subtle colour with big shimmer. I think $5 is really cheap for a product this good! Will buy this again & again!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2010 9:05:00 PM More reviews by ellezoe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

These lip shimmers are way too shimmery. It's like taking a pot of glitter and sticking your lips in it. These are not at all as hydrating as the original burt's bees. WASTE OF MONEY, DO NOT BUY.
If you extract too much gloss, you aren't able to retract.
Still love Burt's though.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2010 6:34:00 AM More reviews by elbz08

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I love these, they're so moisturizing! I actually have 4 diffrent ones and i think it really depends what color you get, most have really good color payoff, i have watermelon (which i love, probably my fave) peoney and caramel (which are almost the same color, caramel is just a little more bronze) and champagne (which i actually hate) I think the darker colors are a bit better, the only reason i hate champagne is because its a super frosty light pink and just looks like i have white glitter all over my lips. So i dont really use that one. But the others i love. Theyre minty and almost have a slight plumping affect to them, they last a pretty long time without fading too. Highly recommend!