July 31, 2014 | 1039 users online

Fragrances - Hanae Mori - Butterfly EDP

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2006 5:12:00 AM More reviews by CashQueen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is the first perfume I have ever purchased untested, I bought this based on the reviews here and other sites. I am so glad I did, it is a lovely soft scent, that reminds me of a more elegant version of Burberry Brit. I took off one lipstick as it is rather expensive.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2006 3:14:00 AM More reviews by gossipkween

This scent is sweet (although not as much as Pink Sugar). it smells a bit vanilla-ish mixed with berries and champagne. i would LOVE this scent but it disappears on me after an hour or so even in EDP form. will not repurchase for now.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2006 1:14:00 PM More reviews by bossanovaville

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was my favorite scent about 4 years ago. I would describe it as a sweet floral. The almond and praline base notes are what make this scent so unique, IMO. I'm not a big fan of musk, so this fragrance really struck me the first time I tried it. The berry top notes aren't too "tinkerbell-ish", meaning it doesn't remind me of cutesy, little girl candy perfume. I love sweet scents, but not if they're obnoxiously sweet, like Aquolina or that f*%#ing Britney Spears crap. I'd like to think of this as sweet perfume for the more grownup set. Perfect for the current spring season and weather, with its mature mix of berries, flowers and sugar. The bottle is beautiful, but this is not a scent you can carry around with you in your purse, since the entire bottle, including the butterfly wing-shaped top is all glass. This is one of my all time favorties and is a fixture in my collection.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2006 5:19:00 PM More reviews by bibliophile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've had a few samples of this over the last couple years; I don't even know why I keep trying. It is tremendously annoying and cloying. It reminds me of stale, sweet circus peanuts. You know, those fake-confection light orange-colored candy peanuts. One time, years ago, I took my father to see a live performance of Chicago. We absolutely loved the show, but we both mentioned that it would have been better without the awful, distracting perfume worn by what seemed to be multiple people in our section. I had no idea what it was, but it was "CLOSE", sweet, cloying, loud, and seemed to be sucking the oxygen out of the air, kind of like a funeral parlor smell. I realized a couple months later that it was Hanae Mori, and likely it might have just been one person who had many in our section choking. I don't like the EDP, or the EDT. Unlike Fracas, this didn't give me a headache, it just made me feel I could not truly enjoy life as long as I was breathing this.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2006 6:40:00 PM More reviews by gnippy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got a sample of this fragrance & am glad that I did not pay this fragrance. It really didn't do anything for me at all. I was very neutral on the scent as a whole. It was not long lasting nor was it memorable. Off the top of my head I can think of nothing positive about this fragrance. I won't purchase this nor will I recommend it to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2005 10:07:00 AM More reviews by estellesouza

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was initially provided with free samles of the EDT from Sephora. I loved it and kept returning to Sephora for more samples. Eventually, I purchased a bottle of the EDP off ebay. What strikes me as strange is the EDT seems to have a better saying power v. the EDP. The scent is also unusual, but, in all likelihood, this is why I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2005 4:36:00 PM More reviews by texasceleste

So, someone sent me a sample of the EDT and I loved it. I bought the EDP because perfume never lasts all day on me--probably my oily skin! I actually like the way the EDT smells on me a little bit better, but I'm still in love with this scent. Men like it and my fiance said that the bathroom "smelled like pancakes" after I was through getting ready this morning. I can only guess it was the Mori because he's never said that before. The bottle is a little too girly/fragile to me; I prefer bold, modern packaging like Alexander McQueen or Viktor and Rolf, but that's really the only drawback IMO.However, I still gave this a 4 on packaging quality because the quality is not really in question, I just don't like the top-heavy design.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2005 2:32:00 AM More reviews by SunsetRodeo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Hanae Mori Butterfly is fast becoming my signature perfume. I absolutely adore it to bits. I only have the EDP now, but I plan to purchase the parfum in the future. To me, the fragrance epitomizes a certain young sensuality, sweetness, and prettiness with a dash of intoxicating sophistication. It mixes well with my body chemistry, transforming into a wonderful melange of almond, praline, berries, and bulgarian rose with a certain sensual sweet spiciness that emerges as the day wears on. Layering with the HM lotion intensifies the lasting power threefold. I can imagine how HM would not work on all body chemistries, as the notes can come off too sweet and cloying on some. However, this is a winner for me, and I can see myself repurchasing over and over again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2005 4:09:00 AM More reviews by jessiemay

I'm not sure if I tested Hanae Mori or Hanae Mori Butterfly so I'll just leave a review here... The scent was definately "me" but at the same time, it was way too sweet and cloying. Did anyone else think this smelled like lychees?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2005 2:07:00 PM More reviews by karinc713

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

lovely fragrance even though I usually hate sweet scents. I only like the edp version and I use very little. this smells incredible on me. I guess it's a chemistry thing. this is a great winter fragrance but I think this is one of those fragrances that only work for some people.