April 19, 2014 | 1117 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2007 4:47:00 AM More reviews by tuffnail

Urban Decay's eyeshadows are wonderful. Not only are the colors irresistable, a little goes a long way and they are long wearing to boot.

My first purchase of an UD product was the Urban Ammo Eye Palette and I fell completely in love with this product. These eyeshadows glittery, but so fun to wear.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2007 1:10:00 PM More reviews by vickybee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been wearing Urban Decay eyeshadows for years. I've bought MAC shades here and there over the years, and even though they are quality its still not the same. I have always been attracted to UDs unique and 'edgy' color range. Even their neturals POP - there's always just a little something extra going on with the UD shadows. They are just gorgeous! I just got a MAC 239 shadow brush and my eyeshadow looks better than ever now. You definitely need a quality brush to get the full effect of UD shadows. This brush combined with the UD Primer Potion = HG heaven!

I am ALL about the palettes! I have about 3 right now =) Even though there's a lot of color shade overlap in their palettes, those are the shades I end up using the most so it works out. My favorite is the Las Chicas Face Case - that little baby is all I need for travel with shadow, gloss, and blush! My 'daily' shade is a mix of Smog (shimmery brown) and Shotgun (sparkly mauvy-pink). Top it off by blending in Midnight Cowboy and I'm set!

Its true what they say about the sparkles - be prepared! It works for me though - I guess I'm just a sparkly kinda gal =) If I want to get rid of the excess sparkles I just tap my brush several times on the sink and most of the sparkles fall right out. UD also now makes several shades of matte shadows and have always made a good selection of shimmers. Their website has a handy key for each shade that tells you if its matte, shimmer, sparkly, or a combination. If you are looking for quality, non-boring shadows, then definitely give UD a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2007 3:14:00 PM More reviews by zombrielle

I got the eyeshadow ammo pallette was my first purchase, and omg, it was amazing, they applied to my eye wonderfully and stayed on great, i loved the colors.i even purchased more. It was until recently i decided to try mac i purchased 3 eyeshadows from the c-shock collection, and wow, did this eyeshadow suck!!!!!!!, so in my opinion urban decay is so much better than mac, im just a urban decay girl :)
Definitly my HG!
Ps: if your looking to buy some UD shadows, you better like glitter ;)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/9/2007 2:49:00 PM More reviews by lainetm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

I purchased the Wallpaper eyeshadow palette, because the colors suited me and UD products have received a lot of good reviews here. I'd been looking at it for a while, but couldn't decide whether the shadows would show up shimmery or glittery. Well, unfortunately, they turned out to be very glittery, in the worst possible way. It was very chunky, like kids' cheap craft glitter. Even with a light hand I had fallout, and when I tried to wipe it off with a damp cotton ball, it spread everywhere and was very stubborn. Only a full face-washing got the last of it. It went back to the store that day!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2007 6:45:00 PM More reviews by iiidioteque

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I still remember buying my first Urban Decay eye shadow...it was 6 years ago, the beginning of 8th grade. It was Uzi, a shimmery sparkly gritty silver color. I put the shadow in a special compartment in my backpack every morning, after applying it liberally all over my eyes. My friends were in awe of my awesome eyeshadow, and that's when the obsession began.

After that, I began collecting them in a rainbow of hues...my favorite always being Uzi, but ElDorado coming in a close second. Then I expanded my Urban Decay collection to include the yummy Lip Gunks, Eye Liners, and Lip Liners...but back to the topic at hand...the Eyeshadow.

My love for these eyeshadows has never faltered, and in the past 6 years, I have not owned or found a different Holy Grail of eyeshadows. I must write out the words "Holy Grail" instead of "HG", because that's how amazing they are.

When I first bought them, they came in a gorgeous tin...textured and silver, with the signature "Urban Decay" written across it in graffiti like scribble. Now they come in plastic containers that don't do the trick quite as well. The glue sticking the pan on wears off way too easily, and if you let this rustle around in your bag too much, the shadow will instantly break apart. This, I truly believe, is because of the plastic package.

However, it's not enough to keep me away. The colors are all fantastic, with at least 50 in all, and each has a little sparkle to it. Perfect for someone who is vivacious, young, and loves to experiment. Also sheer enough for someone who just wants a little pop of color. You can apply a sheer layer with a brush for subdued color, or layer it for a little for intensity. But wet your brush a little and these babies really shine! The colors go on rich and vibrant, and have excellent staying power. They are perfect for a night at the club!

Another great thing about these shades, is that with the different sparkles and shades blended into one color, they are generally very universal! Regardless of your skin tone, a color like X (Gold, with peach shimmer) will look great on you!! This is DEFINENTLY my HG shade. It used to be ElDorado until my "friend" stole it from my house, but then I discovered X, and I am completely over it! It is the BEST color. It looks like a muted golden-peach applied dry, and applied wet in turns into this AMAZING gold shade with peach undertones, more vibrant than it looks in the package! Fantastic color that's part of a fantastic product! Urban Decay is number one in my cosmetics book, and these shadows are good enough to be at the top of my list for six years!! Try them, you won't be disapointed! continued >>

14 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2007 7:56:00 PM More reviews by CraxFactor

It used to be you could only buy these in the local head shop, or in Ann Arbor*. I got a palette last month just as a toy, since I was too broke in college and missed out. But they were a lot nicer than I'd thought they would be! I have to dump the cooler of celebraterade! The colors are WYSIWYG - which is honest. And the bright ones worked better on me than I thought they would. I found that results were MUCH better wet than dry; went on more smoothly and more pigmented. Still blended well.

Some of the shades are just gorgeous. The light colored ones like Sin and Grifter are so bright and ethereal. I actually really like the glitter - it is transparent, so it winks at you and twinkles. This will be a great pick-me-up for those days when you call in sick, then stay in bed all day; smoking and reading ACoA lit about the Struggle for Intimacy. Listening to All Things Must Pass and imagining that George Harrison is your boyfriend. Watching La Strada and crying as you journal for hours. That or if I ever get invited to a Drag Queen Ice Cream Social! How awesome would that be?

*circa 7 years P.B., post-Schembechler

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2007 10:05:00 PM More reviews by iheartbunnies

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love it! Best range of colours, goes on smoothly, high pigment, bendable. My favourite eyeshadow by far.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2007 9:58:00 AM More reviews by tatsky2

My favorite eyeshadow. I have these in all shades. I like everything about them - the texture,, colors, amount of sparkle. This is my absolute HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2007 9:19:00 PM More reviews by virgobecca

I was really surprised at the quality of this eyeshadow. This was my first UD purchase and I bought the urban ammo palette. The shadows go on smoothly and some have a pretty glitter to them. They blend nicely and wear all day. These come in a fantastic array of colors. I only wish they had more palettes available.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2007 8:14:00 PM More reviews by OSusanna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Yes, it's smooth like buttah, baby. This eyeshadow is the silkiest I have found. Today I used a Chanel quad and yesterday I had applied my favorite Stila but nothing compares to Urban Decay for silky pigmented beautiful colors. It's funny, you don't think that the shades will look good on your eyes when you see them in the pan sometimes because they are a little different and the names do not always help - mildew, sin, smog, etc. BUT, this is a nice treat because the shades are quite wearable simply because the texture is so fantastic. A couple of things to mention - I'm 32 and I can't (shouldn't) do the glitter so I've got to stick with the metallics (they're gorgeous!) or the shimmers or the deluxe versions of this eyeshadow. You can compare the finishes on beauty.com. They last forever on my eyes and haven't creased. To compare to Stila, they are less powdery and have more pigment. To compare to Chanel, they blend just a little bit easier and are less chalky. This would get a 5 from me, but I can't be wearing the glitter, it's serious business being me and glitter isn't serious...

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No