July 23, 2014 | 2010 users online

Cleansers - Fresh - Soy Face Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2011 1:32:00 PM More reviews by sheenab

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Received a sample of this, loved it & going to buy full size. I personally liked the scent; it reminds me of cucumbers & avocado! Left my skin refreshed, clean, hydrated, and didn't sting my eyes when I removed my makeup!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2011 10:12:00 PM More reviews by therealveal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It smells strongly of vegetation, like a pond or something, but I wouldn't say it made me want to vomit. I think I could get used to it...that is, if I would ever ever EVER buy this. I got a sample from Sephora and was kind of excited at the idea of injecting some soy into my face cleansing routine, but was sorely disappointed. Who knew that soy didn't clean for crap? Hmmm...I feel like I just rubbed some gel all over my face and then rinsed it off. I had to use makeup remover, AND my toner-soaked cotton pad told me I should stick to my Clinique cleanser (which is cheaper, anyway.) OK, no dice for Fresh, sorry.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2011 9:53:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was given a full size tube of this when I worked at Sephora. It's not bad, but what other posters said is true: it stinks. It has that awful smell of soy, which I can only describe as dirty dishes. Yuck! I'll stick with my beloved DHC Deep Cleansing Oil.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2011 8:22:00 PM More reviews by rynamyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I got a sample of this product, I like the texture and it cleanses well, however I won't purchase the full-size due to the smell... Awful. I rinsed my face as quick as possible as the smell was way too strong.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2011 3:12:00 PM More reviews by kelliks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

The smell made me want to barf it was so disgusting. I had to wash my face again with another product to try and get the smell off and even then I was nauseous for a while after. It was just such a bad smell. I am sure it is a nice cleanser, very lightweight, which I love, but I can't get pass the smell. I think Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel is much nicer and a better price.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 3:51:00 AM More reviews by Kumochin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! it doesn't over dry my skin, it doesnt give me that tight skin feeling afterwards. cleans my eyeliner/mascara very well, (they are not waterproof tho). i dont even have to use make up remover, i just wash my face and everything will be clean, and i dont even need that much of a amount. its also really mild n it doenst string my eyez, i can even wash my eye area with my eyes open, especially when i want to clean my lower eye make ups. it really is very expensive tho, but i love it, i havent discover a product that cleans my face so well without over drys my skin nor given me rednesses around my nose n cheeks area.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2011 1:19:00 AM More reviews by rallu

I bought this based on some great reviews, used it a few times and returned it. First of all doesn't remove make-up at all, I don't really like the scent and doesn't work well with my clarisonic. It has a watery-oily consistence and doesn't foam. I think gave me a few breakouts too because it doesn't clean well.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2011 1:41:00 AM More reviews by TsetseFly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received a free little sample of this and it got me hooked. Despite the price ($38) I still bought it. It has such a clean smell and the texture is very gentle. I have a very sensitive eye area and I can rub this all over my face and nothing stings. I also love the way my face feels after the wash - I have the habit of scrubbing my face with my fingers after cleansing and most cleansers leave a slimy film aftewards but this doesn't.

Gentle, excellent product if it was less expensive I'd buy all the time. But with the price, I'll have to rotate between my Clinique Foaming Cleanser and this.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2011 3:24:00 AM More reviews by akyky

I remember telling the Sephora SA that I wash my face with two seperate cleansers to make sure my makeup is off, and she suggested that I try the fresh soy cleanser instead (supposed to be a one step makeup remover + cleanser). She also said that it's super gentle and you can open your eyes and it won't sting. I bought the travel size and she's absolutely right, the cleanser does not sting your eyes! I thought that was pretty amazing and figured that if it's that gentle, then I have nothing to be afraid of. I will say that it gets off my mascara very easily, but I don't think it does that great of a job on my foundation. The non-lathering gel-like consistency does take some getting used to, but it's nice because it doesn't leave your skin feeling tight and dry. I have oily acne prone skin and this cleanser did not break me out, so that's a huge plus. For a year now, I wash my face in the morning with the cleanser, do my makeup, and then at the end of the day I use the cleanser to get off my makeup, followed by my murad cleanser to get off the last traces plus to prevent acne. My skin has definitely improved since I started using this. The biggest con though is the price. However, it's hard for me to find a cleanser that is gentle and doesn't break me out, so for me it's worth the money.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2011 2:04:00 PM More reviews by lulabellabeauty

This cleanser is awesome in terms of effectively cleansing without drying my skin out. It leaves it soft which very rarely happens with any cleanser. The smell is alright (like cucumbers, although not as pleasant) The BIG drawback is the price. It is very expensive. And, after reading a review below about ingredients, I def. won't be repurchasing. I'm gonna try the yes to carrots cleansers next to see if they compare. I seen them at target and really wanted to try them out!