March 2, 2015 | 1084 users online

Cleansers - Fresh - Soy Face Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2012 11:45:00 AM More reviews by clownface

I have really dry, sensitive skin and this cleanser works pretty well. I was looking for an alternative to my Cerave cream cleanser since I felt like my skin needed a change. Like others have said, it has a gel-like, slimy texture to it and smells pretty earthy. It's a combination of cucumbers and something I can't quite put my finger on. I know others are put off by the smell, but I sorta like it. It's non-drying and take all my make up off, but I don't wear a ton to begin with so it may not work as well if you do. The price is pretty steep, but unless I find something better I'll stick with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by Smanga

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

After reading that it was Kylie Minogue's choice of cleanser, I was keen to try it! I've been using it a week now and must say I was not expecting anything great, but I have been very suprised at just how soft and clean it has made my skin feel!

As others have mentioned, there is a cucumber smell (I find it quite nice!) and it doesn't lather up a storm so I intend to use it with my Clarisonic (when it arrives). Also, i've found you need the *smallest* drop to wash your face - it really does go a long way which is just as well given the price tag!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2012 12:26:00 PM More reviews by Ilovescuba

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Although I've only used this a few times, if it's already helping.. it's pretty clear it's a good product (at least for me)! For me, it's been hard finding something that I actually want to use. Not only is it healthy and good for my skin, but it really leaves my skin feeling fresh. I have slight problems with my t-zone (especially since I wear glasses like all the time). Within 3 washings I'm seeing an improvement. There is a slight scent in this product. But it's not an annoying scent. It's like a fresh cucumber smell. The lather is perfect because I don't get it up in my nose! I've always been curious about fresh but have never tried it until now... love!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by petty188

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i have a combination skin type. This product is a great product but, it have a bad smell and it also so expensive. I would rather buy the one from philosophy...

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2012 7:45:00 AM More reviews by dkarb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

An absolutely "meh" cleanser. Took off my makeup, but not very thoroughly. The scent is very strong, and not to my liking. It was gentle, and did not strip me of any moisture, but I don't feel that it cleaned deeply enough. Will not be buying again.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2012 11:28:00 AM More reviews by peepeepod

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got a packet sample of this from Sephora, being that I LOVE Fresh products, I thought I'd automatically love this too. Well, I was wrong..I really didnt like this whatsoever. The smell is overpowering and reminds me of a jar of dill pickles, I love pickles but not to wash my face with them...

It has no lather, which is ok....supposedly lather is drying although I prefer my tried and true HG oil of olay foaming facial cleaners to this. On top of the awful spell and consistency, I didnt even feel that it was doing a good job at cleaning off my makeup and other gunk on my face from the entire day.

I'll have to pass on this one...

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2012 9:43:00 PM More reviews by missmgb

I got the travel size in beauty to go at Sephora. I heard such good things about it and thought I would give it a try. I have never had acne, only a couple zits here and there and the occasional breakout. I got a few zits on my cheeks a couple days after trying it and thought it was normal after switching cleansers. They weren't that big so I was not alarmed. Four days after using this cleanser, I full on broke out, at least 10 zits in very close proximity to each other, all over my chin. I have never had this many zits at a time, let alone piled so closely together. On top of the breakout, it smells awful and it does not foam or lather and it does not feel like it is cleaning my face. It felt tight and dry afterwards.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2011 10:00:00 PM More reviews by sarahalthea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Best cleanser ever! It takes off my makeup without drying!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2011 8:28:00 PM More reviews by ashestoamour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an effective yet gentle cleanser with a gel/cream texture that is very similar to Cetaphil. It comes in a practical white plastic tube. I like that it stands on the lid so you can get every last bit of cleanser out of the tube. I wish the white plastic used was slightly less opaque. I can never see how much is left. This generally results in squirting out the last of the cleanser and then immediately having to go buy a replacement.

I use this at night to remove makeup. I cleanse once to get off all my makeup. It effectively removes waterproof mascara and eyeliner as well as long wearing foundation set with Urban Decay's All Nighter Spray.

I cleanse a second time using this cleanser and the Clarisonic to really get my skin clean. The texture of this cleanser is perfect for using with the Clarisonic. It is a non foaming cleanser that won't strip skin. It actually leaves my skin feeling clean but slightly moisturized. I find I get the best results if I apply this to the brush head and then use the brush head to cleanse, rather than putting the cleanser on my face and going over it with the Clarisonic.

The cucmberesque smell of this cleanser was strange at first, but I have gotten used to it. I now love the smell. It is one of the best things about this cleanser. All in all this cleanser is great for my normal skin that can occasionally be sensitive or acne prone. It feels refreshing in the summer and soothing in the winter. this is a great basic cleanser, especially for those looking for a cruelty-free, plant-based alternative to Cetaphil.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2011 2:07:00 PM More reviews by EvilyKyoko

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because I wanted to improve my skincare routine. I have dry skin, and I get zits on my forehead only, but whenever I get a zit it always leaves a scar. This says recommended for all skin types, and claims to be a soap-free cleanser.
The cleanser smells kind of like cucumbers mixed with something else I can't quite identify. I like the smell, but some people probably wouldnt.
As for how effective it is: It doesn't remove ALL my makeup all the time, but I use pretty industrial-strength makeup, so I still give it credit. My face never feels like there's any residue after i clean with this. I havent been breaking out as often lately, but i still get the occasional zit. I do still have to moisturize my skin after using this. (By the way, I've been using this about a month now)
all in all, my skin feels pretty healthy, but as for preventing breakouts or moisturizing the skin i'd give it a 4 out of 5. I'd still recommend trying this.