September 2, 2014 | 879 users online

Cleansers - Olay - Total Effects Anti Aging Anti Blemish Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2006 12:20:00 PM More reviews by kdcs28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this cleanser. I was afraid it would be too harsh on my sensitive skin, but after a week of using it, my skin has cleared up and looks brighter. I definitely recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2006 4:32:00 PM More reviews by pinkboopy

I was getting really frustrated with how my skin was looking, all my usual cleansers seemed to be breaking me out and my skin looked like a pizza, nothing seemed to help. I saw the cleanser in the shop and thought I had nothing to lose, so got it, as well as the moisturiser. I used it that night and quite liked it, but would my skin? When I woke up my skin looked alot less aggravated and the pimples seemed to be going down. I cleansed and moisturised twice a day and after a week of using the products my skin was clear, no pizza face! I have since stocked up on both the cleanser and moisturiser as I don't ever want to run out of it, I love it and since I have been using it (about 2 months) I haven't had any breakouts and if I do get a pimple its gone within a couple of days. Would recommend it to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2006 4:46:00 AM More reviews by nsaechao

I used to use Chanel's Systeme Purette La Mouse, which I really love, but it was just too expensive, so I switched to Olay. I've been using this cleanser for a few months now, and I think it's really great for people with combo skin like me. My t-zone feels clean after using this, and my cheeks aren't all dried out. Also, you have to really massage this into your face for a full minute before rinsing for the best results.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2006 10:28:00 AM More reviews by smitten8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

ok i bought this today along with the matching lotion.the smell is great,had made my cleansing routine much more enjoyable.i dont know about the film left after washing,i wash off in a shower with warm water to make sure it doesnt leave any residue behind.it had a slight gritty texture and over all it feels soft and clean on my skin.i dont know what it does for my skin yet.so far i like it quite alot.update//nov26//i've been using it for almost 2 weeks.i love it.it had made my skin smoother and softer.i try to massage this on my skin as long as possible.i love how it feels on my face.besides that,my face looked alot better now.(see my review for the matching cream)UPDATE//DEC 19// still love this cleanser.i will only use this at night from now on since i'm going to use another matching cleanser for my day cream. this is def. my HG night cleanser ;)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/28/2006 6:29:00 PM More reviews by no1knows

I've used over 5 tubes of this. I like it, but it doesn't do what I bought it for. I don't think I need it, especially not with how my skin is now. [I'm combo and acne prone. No huge breakouts, but they're stubborn.] This isn't really anti-acne and I don't think it takes off makeup especially well, either. It's very pleasant to use, smells good and the little grit to it isn't irritating; I imagine it'd be more for skin maintainence than anything, to keep you in the habit of washing. It never dried me out, even using it daily. The good cleansing habits made toner and such do their work better, too, I think. I used it daily for months on end and still got pimples, though--and hormonally, I was balanced since I was on the pill, so there was really no reason. This would probably be good for you if you don't really get much acne, but don't get it thinking it'll clear up persistant breakouts. If my skin begins to behave, I'll try it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2006 2:59:00 PM More reviews by JaneRI

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I can't say whether or not it eventually would have helped clear up my skin, as I hated the texture so much I used it twice and put it aside. It doesn't remove even the simplest of makeup, and leaves an icky film so I wouldn't even want to use it in the morning.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2006 7:27:00 PM More reviews by ysivane

I've been using this product for less than a week (my mom recommended it) and I absolutely love it! I had a huge zit that just would not go away. I was using Patricia Wexler's Anti-Aging Cleanser and it seemed to be doing nothing to help my breakouts. Within a day of using this cleanser the stubborn zit started to fade away. And in less than a week my skin looks good enough that I feel comfortable without foundation. I'll definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2006 1:15:00 AM More reviews by brooklyn7

A really good product for oily skin. Has a nice slightly grainy feel. Have repurchased many times. Is not drying at all. I have received compliments on my skin since starting to use this with the matching moisturiser even though I usually buy more expensive products. The lid can snap off quite easily so you need to be careful with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2006 11:15:00 PM More reviews by skinnygal

Thankyou Olay. This is the best product for me! I'm 31 and have tried just about everything. Thought I was doomed to have teenage skin forever. My skin has cleared up amazingly. Onto my 2nd tube and loving it! It has a slightly gritty texture, so really deep cleanses my oily, blemish-prone skin. I can almost get away without foundation these days. I will always buy this!
Make sure you use it in conjunction with the moisturiser in the same range.
My beauty therapist recommended it!
Update: I still really like this, but tend to use it as a scrub 1-2 times a week. I found it wasn't getting my skin clean enough. Have discovered Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser. Since using this, my blemishes have reduced, probably due to my skin being cleaner.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2006 1:28:00 PM More reviews by tiramisu95

My favoriate cleanser yet! I'm on my 3rd tube and about to go on to my 4th tube. Cleanses thoroughly (not squeaky clean but very smooth) and prevents blemishes! Haven't had a zit for the longest time!!