Everyday Minerals Semi-Matte Foundation

3.8

Not tested on animals

Ingredients: Mica. May Contain ( /-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 5/7/2010 5:51:00 AM

This is my HG foundation. I really do swear by it - its the perfect coverage for what I need. I work with special needs children and want to cover a little discolouration & spots, but don't want to look too made up. I don't require concealer, i just add a bit more product to the areas that need a bit more help.

Its quite a versatile foundation as it builds quite easily for night and weekend wear. I think an essential part is the the application - just make sure you have a decent quality brush, and don't simply rely on the applicators that come with the pack.

In terms of the packaging - they have improved it SO much with the new sifters (but it can be a bit messy for travel).

I'm a fair neutral/cool shade (NW15/20) and found a perfect match in the Cool "Multi-Tasking Neutral" shade. I have tried other Everyday Minerals formulas (Glowy & Intensive), and this is my favorite. It's glowy like real skin but nothing outright noticeable (even in direct sunlight). The coverage I would say is light-medium but buildable.

Unfortunately, this foundation was just TOO drying for me (exacerbated eczema on my combo-dry face). I would definitely recommend it to anyone oilier or who has good luck with mineral makeup in general though.
continued >>

on 4/13/2010 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

this is the formula that i use and it is the first one that i have found that will stay on all day and NOT make me look oily. i work long stressful days in the ICU and I was shocked at the end of the day when my MU looked the same as it did 13hrs before.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I think this is the base that I have. I've got in fair-medium. I actually don't use it that much cause it cakes on my super oily skin. But for going out it's great. Covers up really well and lasts long! Recommanded

on 3/31/2010 2:42:00 AM

Accentuated the dryness of my cheeks (combination skin). Even though it wore well throughout the day, and did not oxidize, I would not repurchase again.

on 3/30/2010 6:44:00 AM

I'm NC25, Asian. I use Fairly Light Neutral and it's perfect for me ;) Totally blends in. The brush I use is Coastal Scents Kabuki on a stick.

You need to take time to buff. It's key to making the powder disappear into your skin.

I like the fact that they have this extra flap that conceals the sieve, so I can take it to work and touch up during the day.

on 3/28/2010 11:38:00 PM

I bought a few of the sample kits in different colors to see which one worked best for me. The coverage with this product is great and it doesn't break me out. Unlike most mineral makeup companies, their makeup does not contain bismuth oxychloride, which is a heavy mineral compound and can irritate sensitive, acne-prone skin, causing breakouts. Another plus: they don't test on animals and are eco-friendly!
Of the four formulas, I like the semi-matte the best as I have combination skin. The Matte was a little too matte for my liking. I also tried the Original Glo formula as well and it's a bit too shimmery, it's for those with dry skin. The descriptions on the site were really accurate in terms of their formulas and you should go by them in finding one you like, or you can do the trial and error method like I did.
As far as color matching is concerned, it is trial and error. I would do test swatches on your arm before applying it, also to test for any sort of skin irritation. They suggest you apply it to an area on your body for 48 hours and see if you notice any irritation or redness. I chose my wrist.
They have many shades to choose from, especially for us whiter than linen girls, which is actually a shade that works well for me, "Linen."
I would definitely purchase from Everyday Minerals again.

on 3/26/2010 10:59:00 AM

Gives more depth(?) than the matte but isn't completely shiny like o-glo although it can still be seen slightly. I find coverage to be almost like the matte.

on 3/26/2010 10:46:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I thought I would love intensive better in this product because I love a foundation with alot of coverage. But This formula covers well! I do have to use concealer but It covers majority of my flaws and gives me a healthy glow. I spray a fix spray after and it takes away the powder look. It looks like my skin is amazing! I am a mmu adict now. I will still continue to use mac for my eye stuff since i hate loose e/s. I love love love this stuff sooo much better than BE! For reference I am a NC15/20 and I use Fairly light Neutral and I only use three light layers of this to obtain medium coverage.

on 3/16/2010 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is probably premature to write this. I got the sample size in semi-matte and original glow, both in fair. I expected to prefer the OG but I actually much prefer the Semi-matte!

It still has a subtle healthy glow, but not the shimmer like OG. The coverage is quite good. It covered the redness in an annoying acne flair up on my chin well. It felt good on my face, like I was wearing nothing. It didn't itch like Bare Minerals did (I know, Bismuth). It blends right into skin.

The only complaint I might make is it did wear off around my nose, where I have some redness. And not even completely because it wasn't showing through fully.

When I run out of the trial I plan to buy the full size. And I look forward to trying other products by them as well.