Everyday Minerals Semi-Matte Foundation

3.8

Not tested on animals

Ingredients: Mica. May Contain ( /-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

One thing I adore about the E.M. line is that you can buy sample sizes to get the right shade, not just a near match. I began by buying a whole range of samples, finally zeroing in on "Golden Fair" as the precise match, adding a little bit of "Linen" by winter's end, when I've really gotten pale. This is just great stuff. It covers well--if you need light cover, just a dusting does it, while a couple of light dustings produces a heavier coverage that still is not cakey. I put it on with a kabuki brush, and it goes on like a whisper. I've had foundation problems my entire life, until this--my foundations either turned orange, looked fake and caked, made me look ghostly, felt gross, or came off on everything I wore. The E.M. foundation does none of this. If you're worried that "semi-matte" might be too shiny, it's not at all. It's the only variety I've used, and it doesn't gleam. It just looks natural and smooth. Great product!

I really just loooove this product! It has been a life saver! I'm The shade Fairly Light Neutral and it's almost an exact match to my skin. I use the Flat Top brush and it applies very easily with buildable coverage. Just be careful not to pile on TOO much because it can look a bit cakey and unnatural. I also tried EM's Matte formula, but i definitely prefer the Semi-Matte since i tend to be a bit dry around my t-zone and the Semi-Matte gives a nice glowing finish without looking oily.It does fade a bit by the end of the day and tends to rub off as well, but it still looks good even if you don't reapply. The best foundation i have ever tried! I have had some problems with then containers leaking, but you just need to be careful not to shake them about too much.
Overall a great product and i definitely recommend it :)

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

This is far better then Bare Escentuals in my opinion. The coverage is excellent. You can build it up for as much or as little coverage as you want. I wear this foundation everyday and it stays on all day. It doesn't feel heavy or cakey on your skin at all. I am so glad I discovered this foundation after being so disappointed with BE. I love mineral makeup and can confidently wear this every day. I apply it with the EM flat top brush and it goes on so smoothly and flawlessly.
The only downside is the packaging. The full size containers are much shallower than BE. The lids go over the entire jar. The sifters are pretty similar to BE and definitely help, but I'll probably just transfer it into the BE container once its empty.

This is my HG foundation. I really do swear by it - its the perfect coverage for what I need. I work with special needs children and want to cover a little discolouration & spots, but don't want to look too made up. I don't require concealer, i just add a bit more product to the areas that need a bit more help.

Its quite a versatile foundation as it builds quite easily for night and weekend wear. I think an essential part is the the application - just make sure you have a decent quality brush, and don't simply rely on the applicators that come with the pack.

In terms of the packaging - they have improved it SO much with the new sifters (but it can be a bit messy for travel).

I'm a fair neutral/cool shade (NW15/20) and found a perfect match in the Cool "Multi-Tasking Neutral" shade. I have tried other Everyday Minerals formulas (Glowy & Intensive), and this is my favorite. It's glowy like real skin but nothing outright noticeable (even in direct sunlight). The coverage I would say is light-medium but buildable.

Unfortunately, this foundation was just TOO drying for me (exacerbated eczema on my combo-dry face). I would definitely recommend it to anyone oilier or who has good luck with mineral makeup in general though.
continued >>

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

this is the formula that i use and it is the first one that i have found that will stay on all day and NOT make me look oily. i work long stressful days in the ICU and I was shocked at the end of the day when my MU looked the same as it did 13hrs before.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I think this is the base that I have. I've got in fair-medium. I actually don't use it that much cause it cakes on my super oily skin. But for going out it's great. Covers up really well and lasts long! Recommanded

Accentuated the dryness of my cheeks (combination skin). Even though it wore well throughout the day, and did not oxidize, I would not repurchase again.

I'm NC25, Asian. I use Fairly Light Neutral and it's perfect for me ;) Totally blends in. The brush I use is Coastal Scents Kabuki on a stick.

You need to take time to buff. It's key to making the powder disappear into your skin.

I like the fact that they have this extra flap that conceals the sieve, so I can take it to work and touch up during the day.

I bought a few of the sample kits in different colors to see which one worked best for me. The coverage with this product is great and it doesn't break me out. Unlike most mineral makeup companies, their makeup does not contain bismuth oxychloride, which is a heavy mineral compound and can irritate sensitive, acne-prone skin, causing breakouts. Another plus: they don't test on animals and are eco-friendly!
Of the four formulas, I like the semi-matte the best as I have combination skin. The Matte was a little too matte for my liking. I also tried the Original Glo formula as well and it's a bit too shimmery, it's for those with dry skin. The descriptions on the site were really accurate in terms of their formulas and you should go by them in finding one you like, or you can do the trial and error method like I did.
As far as color matching is concerned, it is trial and error. I would do test swatches on your arm before applying it, also to test for any sort of skin irritation. They suggest you apply it to an area on your body for 48 hours and see if you notice any irritation or redness. I chose my wrist.
They have many shades to choose from, especially for us whiter than linen girls, which is actually a shade that works well for me, "Linen."
I would definitely purchase from Everyday Minerals again.