Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

4.1

Not tested on animals

Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Fruit Extract. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

on 1/10/2007 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I rotate between using this product and the Kaolin finishing powders that EDM sells. This products works well as a finishing powder over EDM powder foundations, when it comes to controling oil breakthu.

With this powder applied over my face, my face does stay relatively matte up for a number of hours. If the weather is extremely hot and humid out, then yes I do have to do a touchup or two. But, overall, this product doesn't suck out all of the moisture out of my skin and I have a medium skintone and the product doesn't make my skin look ashy or ghostly in any way.

The version that I currently own does have the following ingredients listed: Zea Mays, Iron Oxides, may contain Ultramarine Blue, Black Currant Powder.

EDM has since changed the formulation. EDM has gone through repeat ingredient changes over short periods of time since I started purchasing products from the line in 2005. So, even though I like this version that I have quite well, this version is not the one that is currently being offered on their site. Only time will tell if I actually continue purchasing EDM finishing dusts. As, the repeated ingredient changes can be quite bothersome.

on 12/14/2006 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I am undecided if this is needed.
I haven't noticed a difference if I'm wearing it or not, as my face doesn't look or act any differently if I wear it or not. However, if I don't sprtiz my face with water after using EM foundation, the finishing dust does seem to reduce the appearance of my pores.

on 11/30/2006 12:29:00 PM

I prefer this to the BE mineral veil, as it controls oil MUCH more effectively. The fact that it's cheaper is just an added bonus! Some days I wear this alone over concealer, and when applied with a kabuki brush it provides just enough coverage. Still, it looks best (and works best) when worn over the EM foundations. I knocked off one point because this does have a tendency to get a bit chalky if you aren't careful.

on 11/29/2006 12:25:00 AM

I received this in the Free Sample Kit and absolutely love it! It is light as air and just adds that finishing touch to your foundation. In fact, I love everything about the "Everyday Minerals" line...great products,
great prices and super fast service. Everyone should at least try the Free Sample Kit..I really think you'd love it! :-)

on 11/26/2006 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I wasn't sure how I was going to like this stuff. It's much whiter than loose powders I normally use, so I was afraid of it looking cakey. I don't know how well it would work with liquid foundation, but with the mineral foundation, it works well. Does not go on white or cakey. I did have to buff it in really well, more than I would with regular powder, but it lasted all day on my oily skin. It definitely works better when you use a kabuki brush to apply it.

on 11/11/2006 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love this stuff!!! No chemicals, no preservatives and when I put it on over my minerals it adds a beautiful softening effect. The price is dirt cheap. This is a keeper.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I can wake up in the morning on days that I really need to hurry and just put a few dabs of my concealer on and dust the EM finishing powder on and VOILA! It really evens out the appearance of my skin and feels so lightweight. I LOVE IT!

This is my new HG loose powder. I love the silky feel of it on my skin, it blends well and is very fine so it doesn't cake up on me. My skin feels great and smooth all day long, and I don't really need to reapply. I have combination skin (dry in cheeks, oily on forehead and nose) and this formula is very gentle--no breakouts. Definite repurchase.

on 10/21/2006 5:07:00 PM

This is fairly good as far as finishing powders go. It doesn't control oil that well though- I have to reapply it after an hour. So I tried putting extra on in the morning to make it last longer (I know, I'm an idiot) and It looked cakey and gross. And it didn't last any longer:S
So then I tried putting it on before my foundation and then again over. That didn't help either really
So I'm not entirely sure why I gave this such a high rating. Seeing as it doesn't really work for me.
To be fair, if you have normal skin, this will probably work for you. But if you suffer from excessive oil, it probably won't make much of a difference.
EDIT***Turns out I'm allergic to cornstarch or something- this stuff is giving me weird bumps.Changed the rating to a 2. I really want to try Carina's new balancing dust though, and see if it's any better continued >>

on 10/21/2006 9:25:00 AM

I love this product. I have combination skin and am always having to reapply powder on my t-zone. I hardly ever have to reapply,(if at all) with this powder. It blends into my skin and looks great!

Recommended for Normal Skin