April 24, 2014 | 1458 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2011 12:31:00 AM More reviews by Anna12345

I have sensitive skin prone to mild acne and redness.

This cleanser is very gentle and does not irritate. However, it does not remove all of my makeup, so it's not the best cleanser I have ever owned.

It is good for morning use when you're not trying to get makeup off.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2011 10:36:00 PM More reviews by dleigh367

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Need to pump at least a few times to get a decent amount to wash face and even then not all makeup will be removed. It did an especially poor job of removing eye makeup. Also, I have broken out all over, probably because it didn't clean very well, so I will not buy this again. A big waste.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2011 2:11:00 AM More reviews by melodysg

not gental at all sometimes feels burning. the dispenser hard to operate.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2011 7:45:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I tried this because I had liked the Aveeno Positively Radiant Makeup Removing Cleansing Foam, which was discontinued, and this seemed similar. Plus I was excited for the "calming" effect since some cleansers make my forehead pink and irritated.
This cleanser was fine as far as cleaning. My skin felt clean, but not tight, my makeup mostly came off and it didn't leave any weird residue.
But my skin also reacted to it poorly. I started having pretty terrible breakouts almost immediately after I switched to this, and if anything, it irritated, rather than calmed my skin. I stopped using it almost right away, and the problems went away, so I have to think this was to blame.
If you have sensitive or acne prone skin, I would probably skip. I think this has some sort of fragrance or other chemical that may cause these reactions.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2011 8:59:00 PM More reviews by alisha_the_kitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This cleanser was okay. I liked it better than the cream cleanser from the same line. It just didn't feel like it was doing anything special for my skin, though at least it didn't do anything bad. It didn't dry my skin out or cause any problems. I still have other cleansers that I vastly prefer to the Aveeno ones that I've tried, so I probably won't be repurchasing this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2011 9:47:00 AM More reviews by bakerbaker19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's funny how the product description on the back of the bottle says its for dry sensitive skin. This dried my face like crazy! I also had breakouts while using this. It could have been from the summer, sweaty, slightly oily skin or it could have been because this dried my face out so horribly that my skin went into oil production over drive. And I did put moisturizer on after this. Also it didn't really do anything as far as redness went. This product simply didn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2011 12:27:00 PM More reviews by dearrachel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a fantastic basic cleanser for someone like me with hypersensitive, acne-prone, combination skin. I was previously using a creamy cleanser, but switched to this when the weather got warmer. For me, this cleanser is absolutely perfect: doesn't break me out, irritate my rosacea, make me feel greasy, or dry my skin out. I use it by itself in the morning and with my Olay skin brush at night, and my skin's texture has improved dramatically over the past few months. I've already repurchased this, and plan to continue repurchasing for as long as it works for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2011 11:55:00 PM More reviews by SarahKim

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this because I needed a gentle cleanser to just...well...cleanse my skin. So I wasn't disappointed at all but then again, I wasn't really amazed. It did it's job but I probably won't buy it again. Overall, this was a very average product for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2011 5:51:00 PM More reviews by crannbug

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The best facial cleanser i have ever used. I am what you may call extremely OCD about my skin and very rarely let anything come close to my face! I use to have acne and once i finally got it cleared up with accutane this is the ONLY facial wash i will use to maintain my clear complexion. I even go as far as using this on my back to keep it clear and on my razor burn because it has a very soothing effect! I recommend this to anyone who wishes to soothe acne bumps and maintain their skin!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/18/2011 2:02:00 PM More reviews by beautyinme

I was really disappointed with this product. I purchased this product after reading all the good reviews from the web. I should've learned my lesson that with dry skin, foaming cleansers aren't very ideal for my skin type. It did leave my skin feeling very clean, but a minute after I used this product, my skin felt tight and really dry. I already have dry patches on my face and this product made my face drier than before. I don't know which part of it is "calming." It certainly did not calm my face and it intensified my dry patches. I will not use this product or purchase it again. I wasted $8 on it and don't know what to do with it. Maybe I'll give it to someone with normal to oily skin.