August 1, 2014 | 1728 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2011 12:12:00 PM More reviews by cassielynn24

i use this in the winter because i tend to get red and a little dry and im really liking it! i use it at night after i remove my eye makeup and it leaves my skin clean, fresh and no tight or dry feeling. i havent seen a ton of skin improvment but my skin is pretty clear and normal right now ( thank god, it took a lot of work from Bioelements) but my redness is a bit less and i havnt broken out from it, and i get bad breakouts on my chin and jawline.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2011 9:41:00 AM More reviews by gc2011

I have very sensitive skin - prone to redness, itching, you name it - I've got it, if I don't watch what I use.

During seasonal changes, I found that I have more issues that usual with redness and itching - and this cleanser really keeps my skin under control AND looking gorgeous.

The foam is easy to dispense, doesn't strip your skin, and amazingly removes makeup, too - The texture of my skin has improved greatly with daily use. It also calms my face after a day that's been too much for it.

Very impressed with this. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2011 10:13:00 PM More reviews by OhsnappitsEm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think I have finally found an HG cleanser for my picky sensitive skin! My skin has become drier ever since the chage in seasons and I needed a very gentle cleanser that would clean thoroughly without drying my skin out and this is it! At first I was concerned that I would experience that tight feeling after using this since it is a foaming cleanser but like the label says it is good for sensitive dry skin as well. I really apperciate it being fragarance free and I love the pump. It cleans very nicely but I would recomend removing all traces of makeup first since its not meant to clean it off. This is a little bit more pricey than drugstore cleansers I have used in the past but I dont mind at all since Aveeno is a very good brand and it should last me awhile. After using this for a few weeks my skin looks alot less irritated and my redness has gone done a good amount. I will repurchase again and I highly reconmend!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2011 9:16:00 PM More reviews by auroramarie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this everyday in the morning to lightly cleanse my skin. I am a teen who is prone to acne breakouts and I've found that instead of using a very harsh facial wash or scrub in the morning that this cleanser does wonders for acne prone skin. I will admit, though, that this doesn't remove all makeup if you had a full face of makeup on throughout the day, but just to get your face clean and fresh it works beautifully.
I will 100% buy this again:

Pros:
Not harsh on skin
Leaves some needed moisture
Adequately cleans skin

Cons:
Will not remove 100% of eye makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2011 11:16:00 AM More reviews by Firewoman1211

I love this cleanser. It removes all of my makeup without overdrying my skin. It has no pore clogging ingredients and no soap! I have been looking for a good nondrying cleanser since I have been using retin a for my acne and this cleanser works well.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2011 10:34:00 PM More reviews by bleuxs

im at my 4th or 5th bottle... doesnt dry out my skin at all and gives this clean feeling. love it! cons : 1) the pump doesnt bounce back and needs to be pulled back up everytime after i press on it...and this problem occurred with all the bottles ive used. 2) for me, its on the pricey end but i guess its worth it. 3) also, u shouldnt use it as a make up remover i dont think this product was made for that. definitely will continue to buy it despite of all the cons. because the content itself is amazin!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2011 12:31:00 AM More reviews by Anna12345

I have sensitive skin prone to mild acne and redness.

This cleanser is very gentle and does not irritate. However, it does not remove all of my makeup, so it's not the best cleanser I have ever owned.

It is good for morning use when you're not trying to get makeup off.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2011 10:36:00 PM More reviews by dleigh367

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Need to pump at least a few times to get a decent amount to wash face and even then not all makeup will be removed. It did an especially poor job of removing eye makeup. Also, I have broken out all over, probably because it didn't clean very well, so I will not buy this again. A big waste.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2011 2:11:00 AM More reviews by melodysg

not gental at all sometimes feels burning. the dispenser hard to operate.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2011 7:45:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I tried this because I had liked the Aveeno Positively Radiant Makeup Removing Cleansing Foam, which was discontinued, and this seemed similar. Plus I was excited for the "calming" effect since some cleansers make my forehead pink and irritated.
This cleanser was fine as far as cleaning. My skin felt clean, but not tight, my makeup mostly came off and it didn't leave any weird residue.
But my skin also reacted to it poorly. I started having pretty terrible breakouts almost immediately after I switched to this, and if anything, it irritated, rather than calmed my skin. I stopped using it almost right away, and the problems went away, so I have to think this was to blame.
If you have sensitive or acne prone skin, I would probably skip. I think this has some sort of fragrance or other chemical that may cause these reactions.