April 17, 2014 | 1827 users online

Liquid - Lancome - Teint Idole ULTRA [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2011 2:08:00 AM More reviews by galai_curryqueen9830

this has become my second HG foundation!
    I got this foundation in buff beige 2W and it matches my skin completely! not too light, not too dark, and the correct undertone too!
    I love how this foundation dries to a powder and matte finish (both which I love) because it stays on very long!
    it has at least a medium coverage, and it is definitely buildable - which is perfect for me because since ive started using this foundation, I stopped wearing concealer to cover up blemishes/redness!
    It stays on for a good amount of time (6+ hours) without having to touch up with powder.
    it does enhance any dry skin if you have any, but if you have normal/oily skin, this is perfect for you!
    another thing that I love about this foundation is that it has a pump. the pump is very useful because you can control how much product you want!
    the price is $45-50 depending if you're in the US or Canada, but I definitely think it's worth it! perfect colour match and perfect skin...worth every penny!
    the only downside is the glass bottle. if you drop it onto a hard surface, it's definitely going to break eek.
    overall, i love this foundation. i use this everyday and for the past 3 weeks ive been using this nonstop and it does not irritate my skin at all!
    it is a bit pricey, but its worth it.
    4.5/5 and im going to repurchase this when im done the one i have!

-EDIT- (again)
    This foundation is no longer one of my HG foundations. this is because it oxidizes after 4 hours of wear. It is also a bit more cakey-looking in comparison to MUFE Matte Velvet+. I've gotten sick of having to watch out for the packaging because it is glass and is a hassel for travelling.
    I have not finished this foundation yet and will use this once in a while, but i will not repurchase this when I am finished the bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2011 10:25:00 PM More reviews by Tigerlilyfeet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I finally found my HG foundation and it kinda surprised me it's by Lancome! This probably shouldn't shock me so much, my chemistry loves their perfumes so go figure. I just can't believe how perfectly this one fits my skin type and color shade. I'm in color ''Buff 5 C'' and wow it blends perfectly. I've never found a shade that matched me exactly like this one does. I also love how it stays matte for well over 12hours, but unlike others I've tried doesn't feel like I'm wearing a mask like MAC does on me and it's not too dry. But it is a dry foundation right after application it dries to a soft finish, it's perfect for oily/combination skin which is what I have though. I love how it doesn't slide into pores or wrinkles at all! It's oil free as well and I've had no problems with break outs so far.

I'm probably more picky about the shade of my foundation than anything, I want it to match my neck. I worked for years as a make up artist and frankly there is no SA that can match me with the right color like I can! With that said....I <3 Sephora...I'm shocked this oxidized on others turning orange, it doesn't on me at all. But then MAC studio fix does and other people just love it. Overall I get a pretty natural flawless full coverage with this and I'm very pleased. I will so buy another bottle. I love the packaging too, it's sleek,and the pump makes application so easy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2011 1:45:00 PM More reviews by princess101

I purchased this in the shade Buff 2 (w) for my NC20 skin with yellow/neutral undertones. The shade match is quite good, but lacking a bit of something...it appears quite flat and dull on my skin.

It has medium coverage, and blending is quite easy, with no effort at all. I have used multiple methods to apply this, and find the best way is with a flattop kabuki brush. Applying with a damp sponge gives light coverage, and still allows your skin to show through.

This does wear very nicely on my combo/oily skin, and I don't require a prior primer to application, but do have to blot once around the 6 hr mark. The finish is something I'm not a fan of. It dries to a soft powdery look----reminds me of mineral makeup that hasn't been buffed in completely, or setting your liquid foundation with powder, and it hasn't melted into the skin yet. The powdery looks lasts most of the day, except on my t-zone when the oil starts to slowly appear (6th hour mark). Spritzing with a little Fix + did help a little, but it also made me look shiny after two hours.

This retails for $50 CDN and shade selection depends on where you go. If you go to a Lancome counter at a department store, selection is not as limited as if you were to go a counter at Shoppers Drug Mart.

I would not repurchase this again, as the finish is something I'm not fond of.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2011 1:49:00 AM More reviews by eenpee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is light and great for night wear because it doesn't make you look white in photos due to its low spf. Its very silky and blends really well and you do not need an excessive amount to cover your face. Perfect coverage and gives the skin a flawless look.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/10/2011 4:43:00 PM More reviews by xlucyxoxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LIGHTEST COLOR WAS TOO DARK
    OXIDIZES
    BROKE ME OUT
    CLOGGED MY PORES
    Nuff said.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2011 2:32:00 AM More reviews by rainonyourparade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

too orange. :(

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2011 1:10:00 AM More reviews by Yamada70

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am on a hunt for a less expensive daily foundation to wear. Currently, I am wearing Guerlain Gold Parure which is the best foundations I have ever tried & I loooove it...except for the price tag!
    I tried the Teint Idole today, weather was warm but I've been in a/c all day. I am shade #01. The color was matched beautifully, not to yellow or too peach (as I found most European brand cosmetics tend to be too pink on Asian skin tone). The Lancome SA was absolutely lovely~she used a primer on me first, then applied the foundation. I got a sample to try for a few days just in case it broke me out.
    The SA applied it with a foundation brush & buffed my face with a powder brush to finish off. The result was beautiful! I LOVED it. My face looked satin-like, natural, smooth etc. It covered my redness & enlarged pores around my nose. I was very pleased with the initial result. I refrained myself from an impulse buy because I had a history of purchasing foundations that didn't agree with my skin after I brought it home.
    Unfortunately after 4 hours, this foundation oxidised on my skin and I turned orange. Initially I thought I looked "tanned" but then I realised I looked more orange than anything else. I even took photographs to make sure it wasn't me being crazy AND got a 2nd opinion. My face didn't stay semi-matt either. So I am sad to say, I am quite disappointed at this foundation because I had high hopes after seeing the lovely result right after application.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2011 12:09:00 PM More reviews by bonneymiller

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product goes on and almost turns to a silky powder. It covers well while staying very light. I love this stuff. My color is Beige 0 and it really mutes my yellow/peachy undertones. Absolutely love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2011 11:45:00 AM More reviews by DanceyPants

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation! It's the only one i've found pale enough for my Irish skin, thank god! It doesn't sink into my pores, or get oily, and it doesn't flake on my dry skin. It is buildable, but i worry that I go slightly orange with every extra layer. The price is slightly extortionate, but for the quality of its coverage and how well it matches ever ridiculously pale skin like mine i really recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2011 11:06:00 PM More reviews by steppedonalego

I can vouch for sydneyjs's review word for word (down to the little tester pot from the Bay)...

"Definitely the best foundation I have found! I got a little tester pot from The Bay, and tried it for about a week before I bought it. I had tried Estee Lauder and Clarins foundation around the same time and they weren't good matches to my skin at all. This is a million times better. My colour is Ivoire 1(c) and a perfect match. It feels soft and smooth on my skin. It needs very little blending. It covers well, but isn't cakey or heavy. It doesn't exacerbate my winter dry spots. The only thing is that I get a bit oily if I don't put some powder on after I apply. I don't have any Smashbox primer left and am on a budget, so I haven't tried it with primer. I have never put more foundation on halfway through the day, and I definitely don't need to with this.
    I tend to get a zit or two a month, nothing large though. It doesn't break me out, which I was worried about, and that's great. It also doesn't irritate my sensitive skin."