October 30, 2014 | 1781 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blitz and Glitz

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2008 9:48:00 PM More reviews by highheeled

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love the darker Fluidlines, but I find Blacktrack difficult to manipulate when I'm doing my makeup at 7AM and I'm a little bleary-eyed and wobbly-handed. B&G is much more forgiving - the superfine shimmer makes this a fun liner to smudge around and play with. I was surprised at how much those teensy shimmers caught the light, almost like how the Pearlglides do. My only complaint is that this Fluidline seems to travel much more than any of my others. Even on top of TFSI, I get some messiness underneath my eyes by lunchtime. :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2008 8:26:00 PM More reviews by lil_me

As described on the MAC wesite:
Ultra-smooth, Fluidline’s gel fmula provides the precision of a liquid liner with a silkier, softer finish. Goes on “foolproof” with a brush in an easy dip-and-stroke action. Long-wearing. Smudge-proof. Lines up in a rich array of colours and finishes. Brush sold separately.
3 g/0.1 oz
US$15.00
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've tried various brands (Bobbi Brown, Aromaleigh, Coastal Scents, etc) of gel eyeliners and I like the concept. The gel formulas stay put and lasts all day. I have oily lids and hate to use pencils as they tend to smudge and make me look like a racoon within minutes after the application.

As for this one (Blitz & Glitz), I like that fact that the black is not too intense. I use a thin eyeliner brush to apply in short strokes because it tends to skip with longer strokes. The gold flecks add a special touch to brighten up my eye area, which lately looks quite tired/dark due to lack of sleep.

The con side to this product is like what everyone else says...it dries out fairly quickly. A SA over at Bobbi Brown suggested that I turn the product upside down after tightening the cover. I noticed that all of the gel liners at that counter were upside down. I thought it was to help them see the names on the bottom of the jar...oh well, I hope it works.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2008 4:41:00 AM More reviews by cetati

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved it until it dried out. It was a really nice subtle liner with a bit of pop, not as intense and difficult to work with as Blacktrack, when I was a beginner at applying gel liners. Problem is, it dries out even faster than Blacktrack which makes it basically unusable. I guess I'll be B2M-ing the rest of it, and I still have 60% left.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2008 10:08:00 AM More reviews by thispolkadot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

this is a soft black with fine golden shimmers. if i apply it as a thin line, it just looks a soft black, but if i smudge it, the golden shimmers really pop. this is great alternative for those who don't want a true flat black and more importantly, it doesn't smudge on my oily lids.
note to contact-lense wearers" the gold shimmers sort of of flake/fall sometimes, and when they do, they irritate my eyes greatly.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2008 10:29:00 AM More reviews by MrsGlamour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this. It's black but has flecks of glitter in it which make it fun to use/see.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2008 4:18:00 PM More reviews by jln7124

Love, love this eyeliner! I had a MAC artist do my bridal make up and this is what she used. I loved the look but was nervous about buying a gel liner as I am notoriously awful at applying eye make up. Once she showed me the correct way to apply this with the MAC flat eyeliner brush, I purchased both and have been a faithful user ever since. It is very easy to control, and though the color is bold & dark I can still get a very dramatic eye without looking like a prostitute, which is always a plus! It can get messy, so I find less is more. It's not too expensive and the little pot has lasted me forever. Love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2008 10:01:00 PM More reviews by unknown1988

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was one of my first eyeliners and I have to say one of my best buys. It has enough golden sparkle to lighten up the black and is sooo easy to apply (with MAC 210). It stays on all day and gives the perfect definition to my eyes. I usually use this product to line my eyes before applying any coloured eyeliner. It also lasts for ages so definitely worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2008 6:42:00 PM More reviews by xoxo1598

i love the color and application. sort of between a pencil and liquid. stays put all day and night. the only cons i have are the packaging, once you use about 1/2 it's hard to get a nice amount without waste, it's a pot, sorry, hard to describe. i also don't like how MAC's Fluidline's tend to dry out at about 3/4 way through, waste of money. I've already went through 2 Blacktrack's and now Blitz & Glitz is my new fave.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2008 2:07:00 PM More reviews by Jasmine03

It's not possible for me to buy it in Holland, the shops where Mac is sold are just to far away.
When my parents were going to Paris for a weekend, they took this fluidline for me, because I asked.
Now I'm using it for only 4 days, and I really really really love it! First I tried it on my waterline, and it stayed on for about 5 hours. I was a bit disappointed, because I expected it would last for the whole day.
Because it did last very well on my eyelid, I tried to use it on the skin beneath my waterline. It's a bit hard to explain, but I applied it where my lashes begin. Do you get it?
Well, this lasted for the whole day! I'm not as disappointed as I first was, actually, this is my favourite liner already. (I used about 10 several eyeliners in two years, expensive and cheap) This really is the best liner. After this I'm going to try it in Blacktrack (and maybe other colors)
I'm a lucky girl now lol :P.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2008 2:26:00 PM More reviews by adornedwithgrace

I kept hearing rave after rave of the MAC Fluidlines so I couldn't help but grab this one when I got a gift certificate this last Christmas to satisfy my curiousity about this product.
I decided on this color because I really don't like the edgier look of black liners and I wanted something other than the basic brown I usually wear so I settled on this one. It is a much softer, more natural black, and I love the faint hint of gold shimmer that it has. I still only wear this during the evening since it fits more with those more dramatic looks. I usually like to wear it with my favorite teal colored mineral eyeshadows kind of outlining the eyeliner toI get a colorful, yet smokey look! This also has excellent staying power and applies wonderfully with my taklon fine liner brushes. I can understand all the raves now and am glad to have finally gotten a chance to try it! continued >>