MAC Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blitz and Glitz

4.4

on 1/6/2009 9:47:00 PM

This is not very blitzy or glitzy. I still gave it 4 lippies cos I still love the texture and staying power. It's basically just black with a tiny bit of gold glitter in it. Sometimes when I apply this, it'll just be black, just like black track.

on 12/14/2008 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

gorgeous gel liner! however I dont see much glitters but im not complaining!Isnt as dark as black track so is sutle enough to wear during the day! Like black track doesnt smudge and lasts all day! I think mac fluidlines are definately the best gel eyeliners out there!

on 12/14/2008 3:35:00 AM

My favourite liner. I don't like pencil, and I don't like liquid. They either smudge or is hard to remove or control. This is perfect with a eyeliner brush. I find it much easier to apply. This colour is also perfect because it is not the usual boring black liner. It has shimmer in it which adds to the effect. I also like the fact that it is long lasting and smudges way less. I noticed someone suggested to store it upside down and it is indeed helpful because when things dry the water evaporate. But water evaporates upwards mostly. So if you store it upside down the water will likely be trapped inside the pot. This is the reason why you should store your perfume upside down too if you decide not to use it in a while, and it is even more helpful with perfume since it is alcohol and evaporates faster.

on 12/12/2008 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love the darker Fluidlines, but I find Blacktrack difficult to manipulate when I'm doing my makeup at 7AM and I'm a little bleary-eyed and wobbly-handed. B&G is much more forgiving - the superfine shimmer makes this a fun liner to smudge around and play with. I was surprised at how much those teensy shimmers caught the light, almost like how the Pearlglides do. My only complaint is that this Fluidline seems to travel much more than any of my others. Even on top of TFSI, I get some messiness underneath my eyes by lunchtime. :(

on 12/8/2008 8:26:00 PM

As described on the MAC wesite:
Ultra-smooth, Fluidline’s gel fmula provides the precision of a liquid liner with a silkier, softer finish. Goes on “foolproof” with a brush in an easy dip-and-stroke action. Long-wearing. Smudge-proof. Lines up in a rich array of colours and finishes. Brush sold separately.
3 g/0.1 oz
US$15.00
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've tried various brands (Bobbi Brown, Aromaleigh, Coastal Scents, etc) of gel eyeliners and I like the concept. The gel formulas stay put and lasts all day. I have oily lids and hate to use pencils as they tend to smudge and make me look like a racoon within minutes after the application.

As for this one (Blitz & Glitz), I like that fact that the black is not too intense. I use a thin eyeliner brush to apply in short strokes because it tends to skip with longer strokes. The gold flecks add a special touch to brighten up my eye area, which lately looks quite tired/dark due to lack of sleep.

The con side to this product is like what everyone else says...it dries out fairly quickly. A SA over at Bobbi Brown suggested that I turn the product upside down after tightening the cover. I noticed that all of the gel liners at that counter were upside down. I thought it was to help them see the names on the bottom of the jar...oh well, I hope it works.

on 12/5/2008 4:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I loved it until it dried out. It was a really nice subtle liner with a bit of pop, not as intense and difficult to work with as Blacktrack, when I was a beginner at applying gel liners. Problem is, it dries out even faster than Blacktrack which makes it basically unusable. I guess I'll be B2M-ing the rest of it, and I still have 60% left.

on 11/29/2008 10:08:00 AM

this is a soft black with fine golden shimmers. if i apply it as a thin line, it just looks a soft black, but if i smudge it, the golden shimmers really pop. this is great alternative for those who don't want a true flat black and more importantly, it doesn't smudge on my oily lids.
note to contact-lense wearers" the gold shimmers sort of of flake/fall sometimes, and when they do, they irritate my eyes greatly.

on 11/27/2008 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I like this. It's black but has flecks of glitter in it which make it fun to use/see.

on 11/12/2008 4:18:00 PM

Love, love this eyeliner! I had a MAC artist do my bridal make up and this is what she used. I loved the look but was nervous about buying a gel liner as I am notoriously awful at applying eye make up. Once she showed me the correct way to apply this with the MAC flat eyeliner brush, I purchased both and have been a faithful user ever since. It is very easy to control, and though the color is bold & dark I can still get a very dramatic eye without looking like a prostitute, which is always a plus! It can get messy, so I find less is more. It's not too expensive and the little pot has lasted me forever. Love this stuff!

on 10/27/2008 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This was one of my first eyeliners and I have to say one of my best buys. It has enough golden sparkle to lighten up the black and is sooo easy to apply (with MAC 210). It stays on all day and gives the perfect definition to my eyes. I usually use this product to line my eyes before applying any coloured eyeliner. It also lasts for ages so definitely worth the price.

Top Rated MAC Products