September 18, 2014 | 2101 users online

Treatments (Face) - Alpha Hydrox - AHA Souffle 12 percent Glycolic AHA

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2010 12:13:00 PM More reviews by sunnybunny2610

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I decided to purchase the AHA Souffle 12% after reading all the glowing reviews below. I was sceptical at first as I have had no positive experiences with previous products containing AHAs, such as SKII and Clinique. Moreover being from South East Asia, USD$15.00 is quite a considerable amount for me to pay (but at least it's still cheaper than SKII and Clinique!).

My skin's not really troublesome. My acne phase has long gone with my teen years. Prior to using AHA Souffle I was battling with blackheads and an oily T-Zone. My cleansing regime involves a cocoa butter cleanser to remove mascara (which I make at home) followed by Anne French Deep Cleansing Milk (of which it's my HG cleanser) followed by a rose water and ACV toner (which I also make at home) and finally followed either with a Clarins Lotus oil (for night) or Dr Hauschka Rose Creme (for day). My concern prior to using the AHA Souffle was to address the unevenness in skin tone and the constant blackheads.

In April this year, about 4 days after I started my dosage of the AHA Souffle I have to say I was impressed with the results. I was amazed at its exfoliating properties. The following day, after my first night of application, when I used a cotton wool (which was moist with the deep cleanser) to swipe around my face the debris picked up by the cotton wool was brown! (and this is the first time I seeing the souffle's strong exfoliating properties). It was by the 5th cotton wool that I noticed it was getting less brown.

It's the end of June and I have to say, my skin is so baby-smooth. The pores around my nose have minimized a lot from the time I started using it until now. My skin is less oily. My forehead reflects light, evenly! I am now concentrating on the rough patches and pock marks (which is getting less and less noticeable as the days go by) on my cheeks. My foundation (which I used to cursed upon application as it slides off my face by mid-day in a humid weather) goes on easily and looks so much more prettier on my skin! The blackheads, for the first time, are all gone and the pores on the nose are getting less noticeable with constant night-application of the souffle.

The down-side to this souffle is the smell (which is advertised as 'fragrance-free'). If only Neoteric added a slight floral / citrusy fragrance it would be a pleasure to use. Also, as with the description of the product on the Neoteric website it says that stinking on the skin is to be expected and I do experienced stinking on the skin but only for about 5 minutes and then it's gone. I have to say, on my first week of the use of this souffle my skin went red and dry and then in the second week, it peeled so bad. I followed the advise given on the Neoteric website and slather a facial moisturiser and the dryness slowly subsided. BUT all that redness, dryness and skin pealing was WORTH IT! My skin is glowing now!

I am giving it another 4 months to see concrete results but have to say that the 1st month of application was enough to convince me that USD$15.00 is a reasonable price to pay for this amazing product. It's now my HG exfoliating cream. I am also using Philosophy's Microdelivery Peel on a once a month basis (and it's after my monthly facial steaming session).

I only hope Neoteric will continue to manufacture this amazing souffle at the current reasonable price.

All I can say now is that I can't leave without this souffle.

UPDATE: My skin concerns such as pock marks are slowly fading away! Absolutely in lurve with this product.

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2010 7:38:00 AM More reviews by Uzo2009

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

After reading reviews here, I decided to try this product and let me tell you, it's a hg for me. I am on my third jar and I don't know what I would do without it. It's cleared up my acne and made my skin appear smoother. The best thing about this product is that it stops breakouts in their tracks. I haven't noticed much improvemnet with fine lines but recently, I've been getting compliments on how "smooth" my face is and how young I look. If you have sensitive skin, I would recommend the 8% to start. The 12% might be too much to start off with.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2010 9:12:00 PM More reviews by missred2u

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I initially bought this to use on my face, but it ended up being too strong for my sensitive skin. I didn't want to waste it, so I started using it on my feet before bed and it works wonderfully for keeping your feet smooth. It also works on knees and elbows. I'm very particular about how my feet look and feel, and I'm very pleased with this. I don't have to manually exfoliate anymore, which I LOVE. I absolutely will keep purchasing this. Oh, for my face, I started using Alpha Hydrox 10% Enhanced Lotion and it's perfect. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2010 4:22:00 AM More reviews by thanhthanh19

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't spend a lot of money on skincare nowadays and stay away from high end products. I am always searching for natural products that works, especially those that I could find in my pantry - baking soda for cleanser, acv for toner, jojoba oil for moisturizer, tea tree oil to treat new pimple, and at home facial spa follow with aspirin mask (aspirin + honey + egg white + lemon) and sometimes Queen Helene's mask and scrub when I don't have time to make my own. Even though this is selling at the drugstore, it's probably my most expensive of all and i must have it and have been using it for a long long long time, more than 6 years. Whenever i stop and then start using it again, the results are always visible within 3 days. My skin is so smooth (no bumpy whatsoever) and better complexion, which makes makeup look even better.

I do simplify my regime whenever I use this because I will end up breaking out trying to use it with tons of other chemical. And I learn this lesson many times. Whenever I use this, mostly at night, I top it with just a moisturizer and nothing else. And that does the trick. Moisturizer is very important using in conjunction with alpha hydroxy. I am so used to it now that I rarely sting but can't ignore that fact that it is 12%. It's like a sand paper, smoothening out your skin and the added moisturizers is what gives you the finish glow.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2010 1:44:00 PM More reviews by rj212

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Will update soon. Bought it and used it on Sunday evening....it's now Wednesday afternoon and I already see a difference. My skin is supple, dewy, and is evening out in color. Granted, I might be "aging" at a slower rate than others; at almost 28 years old, it's nice to still be mistaken for an undergrad at my university. The "glow," though, has been missing for quite some time because my skin has been so bumpy, discolored, and uneven (light can't properly reflect). I've been dealing with mild acne aggravated by stress and picking (working on this nasty this habit...and the results are helping me stop!). I usually get some big honkers throughout the month and smaller clogged pores that either sit and make my skin congested or turn into little pimples.

For those who don't like this product, evaluate what else you're using. You might be overloading your face with too many chemicals, scrubs, cleansers, etc. The souffle might work better if you simplify your routine. Also, if you suffer from irritation, just use it at night and use sparingly until you can up your dosage.

My bad habit of picking is partially reinforced by the fact that my pores are CLOGGED continuously. I swear that this cream is slowly diminishing the "gunk" or sebum build up that eventually leads to pimples. I've finally come to the conclusion that the major reason I develop zits is because my skin doesn't exfoliate itself properly (the cause is probably a mixture of my skin type and the harsh way I was previously treating my face). Therefore, naturally occurring bacteria and sebum cannot be released from my pores. One of the things I've stopped doing is using any cleanser, toner, or any skin product. I weaned myself off by using honey as a cleanser and for the last three days have even stopped using it. Hence, the only things I put on my face are the Souffle, water, and makeup. I use a water soaked cotton ball to wipe off my makeup (I use concealer). Like I said before, try simplifying your routine if you're considering using a 12% glycolic like this one.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2010 4:07:00 PM More reviews by myolderbrother

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to love this but it left a weird film on my skin and, more importantly, broke out my skin. I stuck with it for over a month and the purging just intensified. I'm 36 and my skin looked like I was 14! Glad I tried it, but, the moment I switched to the oil-free alpha hydrox product, my skin started improving. All I can say is, I sure learned from that experiement!!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2010 1:25:00 PM More reviews by LorelaiNoah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I used this on my entire face for a month hoping it'd be a miracle worker, as it has been for other MUAers. Unfortunately after much trial & error ~ I've come to the conclusion that my skin does not react well to glycolic products. Thus, this souffle was a nightmare on my face.

On the other hand, it seems to work great as an eye cream. There was a sty under my eye for about a year, that I was planning to get removed. I worried this Alpha Hydrox souffle would worsen it...but it actually ended up doing the complete opposite. This stuff got rid of the sty completely!

I picked it up for $15 at Ulta. Since I get twice as much product, for half of what I'd pay for a Clinique eye cream, I do think I'll eventually repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2010 11:49:00 AM More reviews by kissmark

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Alright now I understand what the fuss w/ this product is all about - it really works!

I have had acne since my teens, and as I got older I was mainly struggling w/ clogged pores and hormonal acne around on my chin. I was taking BCP and retin A mircro and the combination of these two kept my skin under control.

However as I started contemplating about having children, I stopped both at the same time, and after a week my skin went crazy! In a desperate search to find something that is safe for pregnancy and would be a good alternative to retin a, I found AHA. And since this product seems to be really popular I decided to give this a try.

When I first applied I didnt really like how it felt on my skin. It felt thick and my skin felt suffocated. However the next morning I woke to smooth, calm skin. Within a few days it cleared my clogged pores that were formed after I stopped retina a, and my skin looked just as good, if not better, than when I was using retin a. I am so happy with the result plan to use AHA for a long time! I will eventually add retin a back to my routine because of its anti-aging properties, so probably I will alternate AHA with retin a.

I gave 4 lippies instead of 5 because: 1. I dont like the feeling after application. 2. The finish is a bit shiny, so I won't be using it in the morning 3. the packaging! many reviewers have metioned about the jar packaing. In addition to being unsanitary, it is also hard to travel with. I don't understand why cant just put it into a tube or pump. 4. This is true for AHA's in general, but if i have been picking or have a cut on my face, then it burns and itchies. But despite all these, it is still a fantastic product and I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2010 1:06:00 AM More reviews by Suzy100

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this wonderful product for decades. It keeps the occasional zit away and really helps my complexion. I apply it morning and evening and it's THE best! Only drawback is that I have to order it online since the stores nowadays no longer carry it. I usually order it from the manufacturer's website.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2010 7:29:00 PM More reviews by mhanna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I started using this product about 3 weeks ago. I bought it to replace Fruition Extra (by Estee Lauder) which is discontinued. I really like using an alpha hydrox in the morning before sunscreen and a retin-A/Retinol product at night. But unfortunately this product is too harsh to use in that combination. I am having major inflammation, redness, and irritation on the sides of my face which then peels and starts over again. Ironically, I am also getting break outs in the same area. Not sure how I can be dry and irritated and break out at the same time in the same area. So, very disappointed with this product. I am going to discontinue for a while then try to alternate the product with my retinal and see if that is any better.