November 24, 2014 | 1225 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Skinfinish-Stereo Rose

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2010 10:45:00 PM More reviews by makeupMichelle10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm glad I got there early to try this out and purchase it. Its a great summer blush against my NC25 skin. I dont know what people are talking about with the dome being smaller, my dome is fully there...?? But I dont know what the old one was like, but I love this. Mine is not too shimmery at all, but I got to pick mine out and got the one with more veining. :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2010 10:41:00 PM More reviews by glowkitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

So I bought into the hype of Stereo Rose and found myself at my counter at 10AM just to get it! I'm very glad I did though because it is a lovely lovely shade of coral/pink. I know a lot of people were complaining of how it is nothing like the original Stereo Rose released years ago. Well, I didn't have the original, but I do love my re-promote :) When I got home to use it, I literally just squealed because I thought it was that awesome! Like others have said, this is more of a blush than a highlighter or MSF. It is a very lovely shade on my skin tone. I really don't own any kind of coral blushes, so this is quite nice! I am sure there are a lot of dupes out there as well, though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2010 9:11:00 PM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Not sure why MAC didn't promote this product as a mineralized blush, because that is what it is, this stuff is hella pigmented on my NC15 skin. I wish all MSF's were like this, Stereo Rose deposts colour and leaves a sheen on your skin, not a sparkle or glittery mess. Not sure why everyone is buying "back ups" because you will never run out of this stuff. Great product. Loving it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2010 8:24:00 AM More reviews by downtownbebebrown

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

So this was a much hyped product from 5+ years ago when MSFs first came out... So i have heard.
The color is what all below have said coral-rose. Its very beautiful and i can see why people love it. I was worried it would be to orangey...Not at all =)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2010 7:33:00 PM More reviews by becasaurus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I went through ALOT just try this product and I am in love:) I am nw20-25 and this gives me anice healthy glow:) I use this lightly with a regular Sephora blush brush and it is just ahmazing:D

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2010 7:25:00 PM More reviews by supermonica67

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I was able to snag the last Stereo Rose at my local counter, and I hafta say this makes a very nice blush on my NC20-25 skin. I had preordered it sight unseen, and was initially disappointed when I had swatched it on my arm at the store. I decided to take it home anyway since I was afraid I'd regret it otherwise. And boy, am I glad I did! Even though the inital swatches were somewhat disappointing and lackluster, the color seems to come alive on my cheeks! Definitely shows up well enough on my skintone with just one or 2 taps of my skunk brush, and defintiely gives me a "glow from within" effect.

Not sure if I'd call this my HG coral-glowy blush, but I definitely like it a lot and do not regret purchasing it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2010 5:02:00 PM More reviews by xxaceswildxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Very pretty both in the compact and on my NW20 skin.

Generally i have to use a very light hand when applying Stereo Rose because it is darker on me. Sometimes when i'm in a hurry and apply a bit more then I meant to I swipe some porcelain pink over it and it brings it down a bit.

Definitely a nice color and I would repurchase again, but I think this compact will last me awhile!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2010 1:50:00 PM More reviews by veritykrall

So today is the 9th of July. The In The Groove collection was released on the 1st July. I wasn't too bothered about getting a Stereo Rose, and I certainly wasn't going to run around looking for one. Anyway, I went to my MAC today to pick up the Love To Love trio, and lo and behold, my MAC wasn't sold out of SR. Online was sold out, ebay was awash with people selling them for an outrageous 40. And there it was sitting and staring at me. After more than a week. So of course, I bought one (the last one as it happened). When I got it home, I tried it on my face. It was too orange, too shimmery and a bit dirty on my fair skin. I didn't see what the hype was about. I thought about keeping it and trying to make it work, or just keeping it for the sake of having it. But then I thought about all the poor souls who had been waiting two years for a Stereo Rose. So, being the good make-up samaritan that I am, I plonked it on ebay for a mere 20 ($30) and it sold within 10 minutes. So now, someone who's been waiting for this repromote for the last two years gets a Stereo Rose to love, and I've done my good deed for the day. Hooray for Oxford being such a backwards place that you can get such hyped product when you stroll in a week later!

13 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2010 1:43:00 PM More reviews by blatantdream

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

While this looks pretty in the compact it doesn't look all that great on my face. It looks like any other coral blush with a slight metallic sheen. I don't hate it or love it and have to be selective about when I want to wear it. If I do a slight dusting of it, it looks ok, when I get a little heavy handed it starts to look muddy. I don't have this problem with other coral blushes.

So yea, that's me not understanding the whole hype with this product. Maybe someday in the future I may dig it out of my drawer and love it.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2010 1:35:00 PM More reviews by maomaouchi

After missing out on Stereo Rose the first time and with all the hype that Marine Life and Ripe Peach got, I made sure to get my hands on this baby this time around. I have to say, I think this product lives up to the hype, although I do wish MAC would just make it permanent because it's very popular and IMO a universally flattering shade of rose/coral/pink that can be used lightly as a highlighter or as a blush with heavier application.

In the pan, SR is a beautiful, shimmery bright coral-red color with very little bronze veining. I think the color in the pan is very unique--it has a glowly effect just in the pan! It looks very bright.

I applied this two ways, lightly with a skunk brush and more heavily with a normal powder/blush brush. Applied lightly, SR give a nice light coral/pink with definite shimmer. I don't now if this would be good right on the skin if you have oily/combo skin and large pores. I got around this issue by using a primer that reduces the appearance of pores. Applied more heavily, SR gives a very pretty coral/rose hue that also definitely has shimmer. However, I have to say that the shimmer is a lot nicer than a lot of other MSFs because it's not definitively gold or silver, but more of a skin-toned shimmer. Therefore, it doesn't look too cool or too warm, but just that your skin has some sheen. You definitely don't need to use a highlighter if you are using this product as a blusher. I really love the color of this as a blush, it's just lovely. It provides a nice subtle glow and highlights your cheeks in such a way that looks like you've contoured your face, because there are also darker rosier undertones.

One downside is that I've noticed it does not last very long at all, even with primer. You might need to layer this on top of a lightly pigmented cream blush to provide something for SR to stick to.

Overall, I'm glad I got SR. It's very very pretty, easy to use and looks great on my skin tone (i'm NC20-25 for reference), and I'd definitely buy it again. It's too bad it's so LE, as I probably don't love it SO much that I would try this hard again to get it, but I'll be sad when I use it up! MAC if you're reading this please make this permanent!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No