April 24, 2014 | 1833 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Skinfinish-Stereo Rose

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2010 7:33:00 PM More reviews by becasaurus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I went through ALOT just try this product and I am in love:) I am nw20-25 and this gives me anice healthy glow:) I use this lightly with a regular Sephora blush brush and it is just ahmazing:D

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2010 7:25:00 PM More reviews by supermonica67

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I was able to snag the last Stereo Rose at my local counter, and I hafta say this makes a very nice blush on my NC20-25 skin. I had preordered it sight unseen, and was initially disappointed when I had swatched it on my arm at the store. I decided to take it home anyway since I was afraid I'd regret it otherwise. And boy, am I glad I did! Even though the inital swatches were somewhat disappointing and lackluster, the color seems to come alive on my cheeks! Definitely shows up well enough on my skintone with just one or 2 taps of my skunk brush, and defintiely gives me a "glow from within" effect.

Not sure if I'd call this my HG coral-glowy blush, but I definitely like it a lot and do not regret purchasing it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2010 5:02:00 PM More reviews by xxaceswildxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Very pretty both in the compact and on my NW20 skin.

Generally i have to use a very light hand when applying Stereo Rose because it is darker on me. Sometimes when i'm in a hurry and apply a bit more then I meant to I swipe some porcelain pink over it and it brings it down a bit.

Definitely a nice color and I would repurchase again, but I think this compact will last me awhile!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2010 1:50:00 PM More reviews by veritykrall

So today is the 9th of July. The In The Groove collection was released on the 1st July. I wasn't too bothered about getting a Stereo Rose, and I certainly wasn't going to run around looking for one. Anyway, I went to my MAC today to pick up the Love To Love trio, and lo and behold, my MAC wasn't sold out of SR. Online was sold out, ebay was awash with people selling them for an outrageous 40. And there it was sitting and staring at me. After more than a week. So of course, I bought one (the last one as it happened). When I got it home, I tried it on my face. It was too orange, too shimmery and a bit dirty on my fair skin. I didn't see what the hype was about. I thought about keeping it and trying to make it work, or just keeping it for the sake of having it. But then I thought about all the poor souls who had been waiting two years for a Stereo Rose. So, being the good make-up samaritan that I am, I plonked it on ebay for a mere 20 ($30) and it sold within 10 minutes. So now, someone who's been waiting for this repromote for the last two years gets a Stereo Rose to love, and I've done my good deed for the day. Hooray for Oxford being such a backwards place that you can get such hyped product when you stroll in a week later!

13 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2010 1:43:00 PM More reviews by blatantdream

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

While this looks pretty in the compact it doesn't look all that great on my face. It looks like any other coral blush with a slight metallic sheen. I don't hate it or love it and have to be selective about when I want to wear it. If I do a slight dusting of it, it looks ok, when I get a little heavy handed it starts to look muddy. I don't have this problem with other coral blushes.

So yea, that's me not understanding the whole hype with this product. Maybe someday in the future I may dig it out of my drawer and love it.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2010 1:35:00 PM More reviews by maomaouchi

After missing out on Stereo Rose the first time and with all the hype that Marine Life and Ripe Peach got, I made sure to get my hands on this baby this time around. I have to say, I think this product lives up to the hype, although I do wish MAC would just make it permanent because it's very popular and IMO a universally flattering shade of rose/coral/pink that can be used lightly as a highlighter or as a blush with heavier application.

In the pan, SR is a beautiful, shimmery bright coral-red color with very little bronze veining. I think the color in the pan is very unique--it has a glowly effect just in the pan! It looks very bright.

I applied this two ways, lightly with a skunk brush and more heavily with a normal powder/blush brush. Applied lightly, SR give a nice light coral/pink with definite shimmer. I don't now if this would be good right on the skin if you have oily/combo skin and large pores. I got around this issue by using a primer that reduces the appearance of pores. Applied more heavily, SR gives a very pretty coral/rose hue that also definitely has shimmer. However, I have to say that the shimmer is a lot nicer than a lot of other MSFs because it's not definitively gold or silver, but more of a skin-toned shimmer. Therefore, it doesn't look too cool or too warm, but just that your skin has some sheen. You definitely don't need to use a highlighter if you are using this product as a blusher. I really love the color of this as a blush, it's just lovely. It provides a nice subtle glow and highlights your cheeks in such a way that looks like you've contoured your face, because there are also darker rosier undertones.

One downside is that I've noticed it does not last very long at all, even with primer. You might need to layer this on top of a lightly pigmented cream blush to provide something for SR to stick to.

Overall, I'm glad I got SR. It's very very pretty, easy to use and looks great on my skin tone (i'm NC20-25 for reference), and I'd definitely buy it again. It's too bad it's so LE, as I probably don't love it SO much that I would try this hard again to get it, but I'll be sad when I use it up! MAC if you're reading this please make this permanent!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2010 12:11:00 PM More reviews by Phanatical28

I absolutely adore Stereo Rose. I missed it on its first go 'round, so I made sure to get it this time. I was out of town on the release day(7/8/10) - gasp! - but was lucky enough to get the last one of three at my local counter after all the other MACs anywhere near me in Philadelphia/South Jersey sold out. It's a gorgeous corally color with a sheen, and looks great on my NC20 skin. I have a bit of a tan now, and it still looks wonderful and natural, and so summery. I use a very soft fan brush from Sephora to apply it (the one with the pink handle from the IT collection) and it gives just the right amount, and I can still build it without looking like a clown. I think it is definitely worth the $28USD since the pan is so large, and so little product is needed to achieve a great look. I have had other MSFs for years without nearly coming to the pan, but if I ever run low on this when it is next repromoted, I will be sure to snag it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2010 7:34:00 AM More reviews by youngpunk9

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The color is a really pretty peachy coral color and it adds a nice sheen to the skin and it's not glittery. I couldn't use this as a highlighter because it is a deeper kind of color. The only reason I didn't give this product 5 stars is because of the price. I'm pretty sure the price has been increased and without any kind of announcement, which I think is shady. Other than that, a nice color but probably easily matched with a peach blush.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2010 2:12:00 AM More reviews by sweetmalinche

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

PREMISE: *Sigh* You know, I really got to stop watching YouTube. It makes me want things that I might otherwise pass on. (Again, read my Flurry of Fun review.) The sad part is that in my "real" life, I rarely succumb to peer pressure and yet, when it comes to makeup, I can't seem to stop myself from jumping on the bandwagon. PRODUCT REVIEW: It's coral. I like coral. I don't love coral, though. So why the hell did I pay $28 for something I just "like"? It's pretty, but in some light it reminds me of mineralized version Marine Life sans the gold overspray (and oh how I loath Marine Life). When the MA put SR on my freckled cheeks, it looked nice, but nothing special. I have other blushes that I adore more than this. (And it doesn't appear to be anything that couldn't be duped with a mineralized blush and highlighter.) ANALYSIS: So why did I buy it if it's just ok? It's that whole "limited edition" factor. I had the same conversation I had with myself when I saw the Alice in Wonderland BOS at Sephora. "Everyone wants this so it must be great. It's so limited, I am gonna be kicking myself in butt if I don't get it now." All of sudden, the "okay" looking coral blush became a "must have." PROFOUND QUESTION: With that said, I don't want to return this because I am not sure what MAC does with returned products, and I would hate to see such a desired item end up in the dump. (This riddle is much like that of socks in the dryer: Does anyone know where returned MAC products go?) ACTION PLAN: I am gonna put this up for swap and see if I can get hard to find items on my wishlist. If in a few months I don't swap for this for something I adore, I will use it. Stereo Rose is not horrible, just not wonderful. BOTTOM LINE: Dear Stereo Rose, I was in lust with you earlier today. You gave me heart palputations and flushed cheeks. What more could a girl ask for? Those moments of passion have proved to be fleeting, as lust often is. Stereo Rose, my little coral butterfly, I am going to send you out into the world in the hopes that you find someone to love you the way I can't. And if in the end, you remain with me, then I guess it was meant to be....Not to ruin the poetry of this moment, but I have to make this clear: If you do stick around, Stereo Rose, don't be mad if Light Flush gets a lot more action than you do! :)

32 out of 43 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2010 1:22:00 AM More reviews by L8kersKB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I wasn't sure how this one would show up on my NC50 skin, but I am glad I lucked out and got this one. I love the way it imparts a nice glow on my face. I can see this lasting for a long time, because it doesn't take much. I'm sure this will look nice layered with other blushes well.