November 24, 2014 | 1888 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2013 6:32:00 PM More reviews by happynappy1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't know why it is that when a product works for EVERYBODY else, it still breaks me out.

Backstory: I've been acne-prone since age 10 (now on the verge of my 43d birthday). I'd always been very oily but after years of BP, and retinoids and now aging and living in a desert climate, my skin has become extremely dry. The problem is that ultra-rich creams are still too cloggy for me and lesser, more lotiony products aren't hydrating enough. Also, for the price, I'd expect something just a tiny bit more cosmetically elegant. There's nothing fancy in here at all.

I had high hopes for this product given the good reviews. It did moisturize nicely but it never seemed to really sink in. I felt it left sort of a sticky film on my skin. After a few weeks of use, I noticed A LOT more clogged pores in my problem areas (cheeks, chin) and as of this writing, I'm not using this any more.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2013 10:50:00 AM More reviews by loveloven

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a product that I'll definitely buy again.
It gives the skin an extra moisture boost and you can even apply it over make up.
I doesn't cause my skin to break out in an allergic reaction, which usually happens with gel-like textures otherwise.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2013 12:27:00 AM More reviews by Rosiedinh21

The gel consistency that this moisturizer has absorbs into making skin making it plump and soft. Before using this product my cheeks were dry and rough but now they are super soft. Another great thing about this is that it did not break me out at all. Even though I love this moisturizer I have two complaints: 1. This is so expensive! I'm living on a student budget and this is wayyy to expansive. 2. This makes me oily on my T zone area even though it does wonders for my cheeks. I will and did rebut this( I'm currently on my 3rd jar)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2013 2:10:00 PM More reviews by kattleya

I use this only twice a week or whenever i feel like i won't be wearing makeup from day to night. I bought this because i was suffering from dry parched skin and it was a month before my wedding. So i was kinda hoping that my skin would get better if i slather with it religiously everyday. And it did! my skin got better, not instantly of course but at least on my wedding day my make up stayed and i didn't feel itchy and dry.

Now that my skin got better i only wear it twice a week. I love the gel texture because my skin seems to absorb gel base product quicker than cream. It didn't work like a primer, but i feel my face is really smooth and plump, my makeup glides on smoothly when i wear this. Even after my makeup on, i can still feel the smoothness.

It's pricey? yes, but i definitely going to repurchase because i think this is one of the best moisturiser for me and i can feel my skin is improving. However i don't like the glass jar, it's heavy and too bulky.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by Moniiaa16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If you have dry skin, this is the right product for you. It's fragrance free and instantly makes your skin soft and keeps it that way the entire day. The skin absorbs it well and for me, it doesn't cause my face to break out. The packaging is fine - regular container with lid. Nothing special. Not suitable for anyone who has normal or oily skin since it may cause it to become/look greasy and too oily.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2013 2:30:00 AM More reviews by lizzredhead

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So far so good, it moisturizes very well, no breakouts, skin looks healthier & more radiant, plus I feel my makeup goes on smoother. I will def repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 1:38:00 AM More reviews by channelalice

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This thing works too good on dry or normal skin. It cures dryness and at the same time, makes normal skin feel like a baby's butt. The only thing that I don't like about is the packaging. Not so hygienic.

But for me..function over decoration! :)
Not suitable for oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2013 5:14:00 AM More reviews by Walko

I am puzzled at the amount of people who buy this not knowing what it is,what it does, or if it is right for their skin. This is NOT a moisturiser.It is a hydrating treatment to be used when skin is is need of an extra boost.Use it under a moisturiser as a serum or over if you prefer.If your skin is oily you might get away with this a your primary moisturiser, but it will be no use on it's own for the drier skin types.I use this under my night cream, then sometimes before I actually get into bed I apply more of this around eyes , mouth and any other areas that might be dry It dosen't need to be used everyday either, 3 or 4 times a week and you should still see the benefits.Clinique say you can use this over make up, but personally I would skip that one.It will dissolve your spf and surely your make up. I haven't used it that way and don't intend to.Used properly this is an excellent product. So many products get bad reviews as they are not being used for their intended purposes and this sure is one of them.This is expensive but as it's not something I use everyday it works out not too bad. I take one lippy off as I don't like the jar, would prefer a tube,but unless I find something similar in a tube ,will repurchase. Edit: Clinique have now brought out a moisture surge overnight mask which is far superior to this!And it's in a tube. I won't be buying this again.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2013 2:29:00 AM More reviews by janespnt

I have very fair, acne prone skin. I've used accutane in the past and now after a few years still have tight, dry skin that breaks out. This product didn't provide the moisture to my skin. It didn't make me break out, which I liked. But my skin still felt slightly tight after. If you have very dry skin, I wouldn't recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 8:48:00 AM More reviews by purplegobstopper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I got this in a sample and have scarcely been using it at night to give my skin a moisture boost. I love how it really nourishes my skin and leaves it feeling healthy and plump. To me it's like a water facial ;)