Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

3.8

INGREDIENTS: water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, glycerin, birch bark extract, lady's thistle extract, green tea leaf extract, saccharomyces lysate extract, sucrose, aloe barbadensis leaf water, trehalose, hydroxyethyl urea, sorbitol, oleth-10, tromethamine, caffeine, hydrogenated lecithin, hydrolyzed extensin, sodium hyaluronate, tocopheryl acetate, palmitoyl olgiopeptide, caprylyl glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl polymethacrylate, peg-8, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolumer, magnesuim ascorbyl phosphate, carbomer, hexylene glycol, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, red 4 (CI 14700), yellow 5 (CI 19140) [ILN33654].

on 11/2/2013 9:46:00 PM

I don't like this product, it's stinging when applied and it gives me breakouts! I was using Dermalogica skin smoothing cream but since it's quite expensive, I want to use it and MSE alternatively. I applied MSE at night and the next morning, I was so shocked to find out that I had one painful big zit and two or three little ones on my face!! I had to stop using MSE and my skin went back to normal. Stay away from this product if you have acne-prone skin!

on 11/2/2013 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure

I love the moisturizer but the problem is the name doesn't match the product. It is very light but I do enjoy it.

At night I use a heavier cream but this is great to use in the morning. It absorbs instantly, and is not at all greasy which makes it perfect to put makeup on top.

on 10/29/2013 4:55:00 AM

I could not live without this product!!
I have super dry but combination skin that breaks out on occasion. This is so light and never makes my skin feel greasy. It's also great if you wear foundation because it is light.
I have been using for over 3 years and I can't use anything else.
Sometimes I over use because of the big container and I might scoop out more than I need, but that's really the only con.

on 10/9/2013 2:02:00 AM

This product was not moisturizing for my dry skin tone at all. I was not impressed with it, and it costs $10 more than the Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion, which is much better.

It dried too fast and did absolutely nothing for my skin, which was thirsty for a better lotion within minutes.

XOXO,
Jensetter, Fashion Blogger
www.jensetter.com

on 10/6/2013 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The best lotion I've ever used! Probably the only Clinique product I would repurchase. Makes my face super soft! And a little goes a long way.

on 10/5/2013 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I have combination+sensitive skin/rosacea and this product is so awesome. It's really moisturizes your skin without leaving it greasy. It doesn't irritate my skin at all and I like the fact that you can use on the eyes too. After the first use I was so amazed and now it's been a week and I still love it!!! I got a sample at the Clinique and I'll be definitely buying this product!!!

on 10/4/2013 5:58:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I really like how light this feels on my skin. It's a sort of gel texture, sinks in very quickly but it's very moisturising at the same time. For my combination but dehydrated skin, this is perfect. I also like that it's very "neutral", in the sense that I can't sense any fragrance and it's completely non-irritating on my rosacea skin and sensitive eyes.
The reason I wouldn't buy it again though is that I feel like for the very high price (£32 for 50ml) it should do more than just moisturise. I would expect some other skin communicating ingredients, some other benefits, which this does not have. I think for the price you can get a better product that would work harder for your skin.

on 9/25/2013 2:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this on a whim because it was summer and I thought my current moisturizer was a bit too thick for summer time so I wanted to dry a gel. The moisture surge intense gel was too thick so I tried this one instead. I actually quite like this formula for the summer as my face gets sweaty and having a not as thick formula doesn't make my face feel oily. very good for a summer moisturizer. however I don't think this gel would be good fit winter months as it's not as thick. I live in a very dry climate so that could be why as well. is definitely use this for summer but trying to find a more hydrating cream for the coming months. too bad the packaging is bulky or else I'd bring this to travel but it takes up space. the consistency is good too, doesn't take long before the gel sets into my face and I don't need to wait 5 min like some other creams out there. the scent isn't strong either which is good for sensitive skin. I'd repurchase again come summer time.

on 9/22/2013 8:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have acne-prone sensitive skin and it made me breakout with cystic pimples literally the next day. Thankfully they went away after a week but I will not be using this product again! I think this is appropriate for mature skin or for someone who doesn't breakout ever. Otherwise, do not buy. I only tried this as someone gave this to me as a gift. If you want to try it I recommend getting a sample before buying it as it is a bit pricy.

on 9/8/2013 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

First off, the clinique lady gave me the wrong product. I wanted the moisture surge intense, which I've used before and loved. I've used this before and it wasn't super great, but I figured I'd try it again.
It's definitely not moisturizing enough, if it ever makes it into my skin. It dries but it never seems to absorb. When I wash my face in the morning, it comes off and feels really slimy. After using it for three days, its caused a big zit on my forehead, where I've been mostly using it. Shame because it's so expensive, but it's a huge waste