September 18, 2014 | 1748 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2013 6:46:00 AM More reviews by Cara_M

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I received a generous sample of this product a few months back, and have been using this daily under moisturiser as a replacement for serum (as I think using this, a serum and a moisturiser would be overkill). It's a decent product - I like the light texture and it does appear to have a rapid quenching effect on drier areas eg. my neck. I'm glad to have this around as a boost as I'm currently midway through a series of light chemical peels, and whereas my skin does peel, it doesn't get too crazy, thanks in part to this.

That said, I think I'd rather spend my money on a serum as I think it's a better investment now I'm 30+ so I've just purchased Clarins Double Serum rather than this. I'm also not a Clinique fan at all usually, I find the brand dated and the 3 step system is truly hideous, so I'm loathe to purchase from their range. Plus, some of the suggested uses for this are a bit ridiculous - I wouldn't recommend anyone applied this over makeup as in a big polluted city, grime is definitely present, so I don't want to be touching my skin and applying gels on top of dirt and makeup, seems like a recipe for acne disaster! Also, applying as a 5 min mask seems very wasteful to me vs just applying less and letting it sink in!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2013 1:46:00 PM More reviews by kgbina

I have dark skin with mild acne and rosacea and so far this product has been great. I do not like the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2013 2:07:00 PM More reviews by 1CupcakeJunkie

Love this lightweight gel moisturizer for my oily acne prone skin. I was using a thicker moisturizer before but i recently switched to this one and i love it. It really does feel like you are splashing your face with water. Very refreshing and it doesnt make my skin get any more oily. It has not broken me out and i use it after i wash my face with black soap in the morning. Will repurchase when its empty.

and let me add that i did a fake spray tan for my friends wedding and it completely dried my skin out. I had gotten dry patches around my eyebrows and mouth. One use of this and all that went away! It made my skin feel fresh and smooth and clean without any residue feel. Love this stuff.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2013 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Sunny1212

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This wasn't exactly a BAD moisturizer, but it didn't exactly MOISTURIZE my skin, either.

It just seemed like a cream that blended into your skin nicely and didn't feel heavy, but still did nothing to make a difference about skin dryness.

It was really expensive too, something like $35 which I personally don't think it worth it at all.

I also think Clinique tests on animals, which is a MAJOR THUMBS DOWN.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by MakeupFanNow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After a bad run in with some cheaper foundations, my skin was in desperate need of hydration. I had some horrific dry patches on my forehead, cheeks and temples. I LOVE this stuff. It glides on silky smooth. I apply it all over my face, including my oilier areas and I my skin feels hydrated and smooth. I have also patted it on over my foundation later in the day when I need a boost.

As a long time user of Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizer, I have found a new Clinique moisturizer I will use for years to come.

One thing though. I was introduced to this product as a gift with purchase and it was in a small travel sized tube. I wish Clinique would offer this product in the tube, that would make it easier to dispense and take on the go.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2013 5:38:00 PM More reviews by yukjellybeans

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this is my holy grail moisturizer. it feels so smooth going on and is just the right amount of moisture for me. i have normal skin until winter hits and it gets a bit drier. ive been using this moisturizer for many years and have, at times, experimented with other moisturizers. im very weird about textures and find that most moisturizers dont sink into my skin fast enough and feel like a lotion. that might be nice for others, but for me that will not do. this sinks in quick and i don't have to use a ton of product which makes the price reasonable in my opinion since a jar lasts me quite a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2013 7:13:00 AM More reviews by dk34

Great for winter! My combo skin always gets flaky around my nose or on my cheeks in the winter, but this moisturizer totally takes care of it. Great product.

Cons: No other skin benefits. Packaging a bit unsanitary

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 5:21:00 AM More reviews by beautyprincess303

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I only have the mini version of this from a gift set but as soon as I finish it I'll be buying the full version for sure! My favourite moisturizer at the moment! I have very dry skin and get loads of dry patches, so I apply this moisturizer all over my face before I go to bed and I wake up with silky smooth skin! Such a great product for a great price! Definitely recommend this for anyone with dry patches on their face :) I also really love the light feel of this moisturizer once you apply it, it doesn't feel cakey like some other moisturizers and feels like you have no moisturizer on at all, yet it STILL does the things a moisturizer should do! Love it <3

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by MapleBear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me give a little background as to why I needed this product in the first place.

When I was in my early twenties, I needed a moisturizer that did not make my face look like an oil slick after application. At the time, this fit the bill and it worked great as a hydrator and as a primer for makeup.

Then, in my mid-twenties, I find that this gel was not hydrating enough so I switched to a heavier moisturizer. I still kept this gel around to use a "mask" to apply over makeup or whenever I just feel that my face needs hydration.

Fast forward to present day... Recently, I decided to try out a different brand of retinol (bad decision, should have stuck to my normal one) which made my skin super sensitive. My skin was red, dry, and peeling. Remembering that I have this Clinique gel laying around, I decided to apply it to my face since it had aloe in it. It instantly soothed my skin. I then layered my face with an additional heavy moisturizer. After doing this for a week, my skin resumed to normalcy.

In conclusion, I find that this gel is best used in addition with another moisturizer as stated by Tuts311 in her review. Used alone, it may not be enough if you have normal to dry skin. However, for those with oily or combination skin, it may be great to use alone. It's best to get a sample if you can before committing to a full retail purchase.

Thanks for reading through my long review.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2013 6:54:00 PM More reviews by ngartland

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I first got this free in a bonus, and fell in love with it. I used to use it before bed and I would wake up with smooth soft skin. I would recommend this for people who have dry patches since it really does give a "surge" effect.