August 21, 2014 | 1646 users online

Powder - Clinique - Superpowder Double Face Makeup

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2008 7:33:00 AM More reviews by KKAI

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This the only MU item that I have repurchased so many times ( more than five). I first tried it on ten years ago and I was impressed by its coverage and the colour ( 07 Neutral) seemed to be almost perfect for me. Now, that I have gained some MU wisdom and have become more demanding I can see its flaws: yes, it can become chalky if overapplied and it can change colour if you are too oily but it still remains a good product. I will continue to repurchase until I find something better.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2008 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

I truly do like the coverage that it provides. However, that is the ony positive thing that I have to say about this product. It has somewhat of an odd scent to it. Also, it oxidizes on my face, turning it darker and more orange as the hours go by. And, with contiued use, I saw breakouts from it.

I do not plan to re-purchase this powder ever again. It is one of my worst Clinique purchases ever!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2008 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Bambie_Blonde

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I think I found my HG powder foundation. This stuff is absolutely wonderful! it cover imperfections so fast and it looks so clean and matte, my favorite look. I went to Clinique and the SA gave me this in matte honey. I knew it was to dark but I thought since she was an expert that maybe I would give it a try. The color was WAY to dark and pinkish for me, but the texture and look felt great. So I went back yesterday and compared the testers and picked out Matte Neutral without the SA's help. I know my skin better. I tried it today over my Marcelle true radiance foundation and I love the look I got. Even my blush looks better.

I was using Marcelle's pressed powder, but it was to drying and oxidized on me later through the day. I never tried a department store makeup before and thought I would spend some extra cash (with all the powders I have tried and have sucked I would have been able to have at least 10 of these powders already!)
The price isn't my favorite think in the world. I paid $26.00 thats including tax. I don't mind the compact. But I like the perfectly real makeup compact better, its more sanitary since you can store your makeup puff away from the powder. All in all I Love this stuff and I'm glad I gave Clinique a chance. I think next I might buy the perfectly real compact to see how that works. For now I'm in Love with this :) but my skin has a tendency to sort of get to use to a product and rejects it so when this runs out I might try something else...

EDIT>>>>>>

Yup, my skin has officially rejected this product, my skin has gotten more oily and and the color is way to pink. I just recently colored my hair a lighter color and realized that the color match wasn't perfect, it was way to pink and then I realized that I don't feel like shelling out $30 each time I need a new powder....I'm officially done using this stuff, it was good till I dyed my hair, but I found another great match with another powder :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2008 9:32:00 PM More reviews by dolce_1127

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

WOW!!! Absolutely HORRIBLE. You'd think powders remind you of de-shining the face? WRONG. It strongly encourages your face to become a mirror. I don't get why they recommended me this thing in the first place? I have normal skin, sometimes dry, sometimes oily. When I first put this powder on, It looks great, like the powdery makeup they say alright. 1 hour later, guess what, my face becomes a gorgeous mirror. I have NEVER seen my face in that condition before. Absolutely gross.. Second day I tried it again just incase I was in a very oily condition the other day. Same thing happened. It is going BACK to the store, along with my complaints about the person that recommended this to me.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2008 5:17:00 AM More reviews by Rainny

I love clinque's liquid foundation because it is light and i look very natural and dewy after application. I purchased superpowder double face makeup and thought that it'll be good as well. However, it was not. After application, my face looks VERY cakey. I tried to apply more moisturiser on my 2nd/3rd application but it doesn't help at all. Stop using it ever since.

Btw, it was the cheapest among all clinque's compressed powder. Now, I strongly believe that you get how much in return for how much you pay!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2008 4:11:00 AM More reviews by Tanja1801

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

oooooooooooooh where have you been all my makeup life ;).... I use this over my foundation (supermoisture makeup from Clinique too) and I have a skin that glows!!! My skin looks so fresh, so clean, so natural with these two products on.... can't believe it!!! I like the sparkles that come with it!!! It gives me that glow everybody wants!!!

I tell you, try it!!
Tanja

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2008 8:47:00 AM More reviews by Tricho

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wont buy this again because I like to try different products but this is a "go to" product for me. I use it to dust over my mu and take away shine. I hardly need any and it's great. I don't use it as a powder foundation but I could if I was in a rush.

I don't find that this causes me any real problems. I like the flat green compact, i've just taken the sponge out because I don't use sponges. I like this product because it just does the job with no frills and it should last me a long time. Overall if you're looking for a good powder, then this is the stuff. I am looking for something more "perfecting" in the long run, but then, aren't we all!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2008 2:18:00 PM More reviews by angels2919

This is wonderful! I love this product so much, been using it for many many years. It is a powder foundation, used dry. It has mineral oil in it so it is great if you have dry skin. It looks so nice on and lasts all day. You can also use it over a liquid foundation but I prefer to use this alone all by itself with my blushes. This is just the best powder foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2008 12:35:00 PM More reviews by shimmermarie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a very finely milled pressed powder foundation that works well on my finicky sensitive skin. The finish is very natural and I can easily build the coverage when I need to without the powder looking cakey or masklike. It even works to conceal pimples quite well if you use a concealer brush. Great stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2008 11:34:00 PM More reviews by j_doll

The one thing that really bothers me about this product is having the sponge lay on top of the powder. Thats how the bacteria builds up. So what I do is leave the plastic covering that it comes with when you buy it and leave it there so the sponge doesn't lay on top of the powder. So ladies DON'T throw up the plastic cover cause it really helps!! but overall, I think it is a pretty good product compared to the other powder foundations I've tried. This one doesn't dry your skin out and you definitely don't get any dry patches.. as I have in the past with other powder foundations. I use this when I don't need as much coverage. When I do I would use my Marykay Medium Coverage Foundation but most of the time I use this Clinique superpowder. The coverage is all right, its from sheer-medium. It is buildable so be careful not to put too much on or you would end up looking cakey. The color that I got is 10 matte medium and its great for my skin tone because I am asian so I've got yellowish/olive tones and sometimes its really hard finding the right color for me. It isn't that great on covering scars or blemishes so I'd use coverup on that.