July 25, 2014 | 1919 users online

Fragrances - Thierry Mugler - Alien

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2011 4:20:00 AM More reviews by giggle7658

This is my favorite fragrance right now, usually fragrances give me a headache but I love this fragrance. If you like vanillas I would definatly go test it at the mall spritz some on and wear it around to see if you want to purchase. I just got a very small purse size bottle because I just refilled my Angel star. I love both fragrances but Alien is my favorite right now!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2011 11:13:00 AM More reviews by greydovefeatherwing

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't stand it. There's something in this perfume, I think its the "solar accord" this chemical synthesis that just KILLS me! This "solar accord" note appears in many "modern" fragrances, and I don't know what it is, but it intensely irritates me! I really think perfumers are synthesizing chemicals that target a specific segment of the population to annoy, while intensely attracting others, because I just have a very strong, visceral reaction to this, and I know a few other people who feel the same. I think that the test subjects who hate it must have a certain genetic makeup that others who love it don't. Perhaps the segment of the population who are alien/human hybrids love this scent ...It makes me very, very angry, irritable and unsettled when I smell this note.

UPDATE: I take it back Haha! I guess I really like this! I see how it could be overwhelming, but spritzed once on my arm it gave a really nice aura of unique modern femininity. There's something in here that reminds me of Serge Lutens Sarassins and its not just the jasmine...DUH! Its something a little dark, violent and disturbing hovering around the edges. I keep getting twinges of a slight headache wanting to start...and I only sprayed it once. I like it, but its something that has to be applied verrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyy ....LIGHTLY! There's a shrilly screaming alien in there too.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2011 6:25:00 PM More reviews by MissChanel24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got a sample size of this perfume in Edt and EDP. its a very unique, mysterious sweet oriental fragrance. its not your everyday fragrance, and should probably only be used as a night time fragrance. Way better than the Angel perfume. This isn't really me, its too sweet, but it smells amazing on others, hence I give it a 4

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2011 1:38:00 PM More reviews by estheticiangirl

Received a huge bottle of Alien and it is the worst fragrance I have ever worn. I disliked the scent so much that I tried to give the bottle away and NO ONE wanted it! They simply refused to take this off my hands due to the smell. Had to throw it away eventually. Possibly could work for someone who applies their perfume VERY sparingly and likes the grape/gasoline smell! On a positive note, the bottle is kind of neat.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2011 12:20:00 PM More reviews by Kelly9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Alien reminds me of springtime and hiking in Texas--like great big blooming Mountain Laurel bushes (if you have never smelled them they are grape-y and very intense), craggy rocks and twisted mesquite trees. Not exactly rocky and mesquite smelling, but more of the atmosphere--dry and sun-warmed with that huge radiating floral waft on the air.

I'm not really into florals at all, but because of the imagery I get from Alien, I'll make an exception. Here's a photo (not mine, btw) of Mountain Laurel: http://www.wildflower.org/gallery/result.php?id_image=24669

I quite like the bottle: looks like golden-clawed alien fingers grasping a huge amethyst.

My favorite way to wear this is to spray some into unscented lotion and apply to my arms and legs. It tempers the sharpness and helps it become part of my personal space in a gentle way.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2011 2:35:00 AM More reviews by ellacinders

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This one's a showstopper. Every time I visit the perfume counter I save this one for last because it eclipses everything that came before and after. I can definitely see why this scent is so polarizing as it's very strong and WEIRD. But I love it. I get mega-watt jasmine with licorice and pepper notes at the top which make way for a sweet woody vanilla and amber in the drydown. Mouthwatering.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2011 5:39:00 AM More reviews by CrimsonSmile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I can't smell this perfume! Seriously it lasts about 30 seconds on me- I start out with about 5 squirts and keep going back and spraying more, even on my clothing it fades so quckly.

Perfumes don't ususally last long on me but this is ridiculous, shame as is a really pretty scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2011 10:24:00 PM More reviews by xdopaminex

huh- smells just like blackjack and clove chewing gum. Mixed with Lolita Lempicka's Fleur de Corail. A different kind of spicy, and some powder. And some (purple?) flowers. I dig.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2011 3:47:00 PM More reviews by amnahp12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted so, so, so, SO badly to like this scent. I first smelled it on a customer and found it absolutely intoxicating and intriguing - totally unique. Couldn't stop thinking about it, so I sprayed on a tester strip and found that uh oh! Initially it was questionable ...okay, gave it a few minutes and it was better -- wait was that a licorice note? Ignore it and keep trying! Into the next night and I couldn't stop smelling the strip ... I was at 78% but I couldn't make up my mind! So back to the counter and get it on my wrist this time - AND WOW, oh boy, is this ever one of those that you must, MUST try on your skin! From the instant I sprayed it, I almost got sick - it smelled repulsive on me! Which is surprising because I usually find that I work well with any scent, especially vanillas/ambers ...woodsy florientals. Later someone commented that it made my hand [not my wrist where I actually sprayed it, though] smell legitimately like vomit. [Thanks.] I waited a bit and it finally started smelling like the Alien on the tester strip - but to my surprise, I can't stop smelling this repulsive artificial-grape smell -- and this is a description that I had thought ridiculous when I read it in some other people's reviews and chalked it up to packaging, but no - it's there, and even if it was a slushy I wouldn't drink it. I'm still at 30%, because it did improve significantly over time, but this is one scent I'd definitely try before you buy - nobody wants to walk around smelling like vomit.

PS, the bottle sucks. The limited editions with gold accents were much more acceptable, but this one seems inspired from an 80s sci-fi film ...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2011 12:24:00 AM More reviews by maithy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Its a magnet stone, The best perfume, top of top! I have 25 bottles but this is my best favorite, better than Chanel or any brands. Very very unique, magical, sexy, irresitible. Its notes: Sambac jasmine, Woody, amber. U might think those notes are ordinary but the secret is about the dosage and quality that they made. It opens with spicy subtle sweet jasmine wrap by luxury woody note with amber edge and didnt change much till the base, just more tender. If u want a scent which is classy, attractive but not old ladies being, this is the best choice! I got ton of compliments by strangers n friends of how amazing it is! Will buy it again for the rest of my life. With this one, Thierry mugler really made a shock on perfume world

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No