August 28, 2014 | 1832 users online

Fragrances - Thierry Mugler - Alien

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2011 12:07:00 AM More reviews by BrandyAlexander21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this perfume. I thought it would be "the one" for me. When I smelled it in the store it was like something clicked and I knew I had to buy it. I purchased the gift set that included the body wash and lotion along with a medium sized perfume. The next day I took a shower and used the body wash, then after I dried off the lotion, and finally a few sprays of the perfume on my pulse points. I read that layering scents like with the body wash and lotion will make the perfume last longer. This was not the case for me. Less than an hour later and I could barely smell it at all, even family members didn't notice I was wearing anything. I tried this on a few different days and it was the same thing. I was so sad to have to take it back, the smell is so different and delicious, not to mention the gorgeous bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2011 6:41:00 AM More reviews by MaisieF

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this perfume. I'm a huge fan of strong perfumes, previously wearing Dolce & Gabbana, Amarige, Euphoria, Elle...and so on! This is my go-to perfume when I can't decide which perfume to buy. It sticks in my clothes, hair and lasts all day. I also like that you can buy refillable bottles of this stuff. Awesome.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2011 11:54:00 AM More reviews by tinytapa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I can't believe it - but I LOVE this fragrance! Initially, I was very wary - I received it as a gift and, upon sniffing the bottle, totally recoiled. There was no way I was going to put this on! It was too strong, and a bit "old". But, I did and I have fallen in love - it does something wonderful with my body chemistry and comes out smelling nothing like it does in the bottle. On me, Alien is a conundrum - soft but bold, sweet but spicy, demure but sexy. It has delicate Jasmine notes, but is also woodsy (amber notes, I think?). Vanilla also comes through on me, with a soft powder scent. When I wear it, I feel feminine and vixen-y. It's very long-wearing, and clings nicely to my hair, scarves and clothes. I deducted one lippy because I do find it a bit strong, and I need to be very careful about applying it sparingly. Normally I'm a fruity-scent kind of girl, but this is a big exception. (By the way, I have the Eau de Parfum, not the Eau de Toilette.) I daresay it's my new signature scent!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2011 8:09:00 PM More reviews by saban

It's smells like old lady on me. Way too nauseating for me to wear.

I tried a spritz on my wrist and figured I would tough it out to see the dry down only to be disappointed by a powdery old lady smell.

Not good.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2011 4:20:00 AM More reviews by giggle7658

This is my favorite fragrance right now, usually fragrances give me a headache but I love this fragrance. If you like vanillas I would definatly go test it at the mall spritz some on and wear it around to see if you want to purchase. I just got a very small purse size bottle because I just refilled my Angel star. I love both fragrances but Alien is my favorite right now!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2011 11:13:00 AM More reviews by greydovefeatherwing

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't stand it. There's something in this perfume, I think its the "solar accord" this chemical synthesis that just KILLS me! This "solar accord" note appears in many "modern" fragrances, and I don't know what it is, but it intensely irritates me! I really think perfumers are synthesizing chemicals that target a specific segment of the population to annoy, while intensely attracting others, because I just have a very strong, visceral reaction to this, and I know a few other people who feel the same. I think that the test subjects who hate it must have a certain genetic makeup that others who love it don't. Perhaps the segment of the population who are alien/human hybrids love this scent ...It makes me very, very angry, irritable and unsettled when I smell this note.

UPDATE: I take it back Haha! I guess I really like this! I see how it could be overwhelming, but spritzed once on my arm it gave a really nice aura of unique modern femininity. There's something in here that reminds me of Serge Lutens Sarassins and its not just the jasmine...DUH! Its something a little dark, violent and disturbing hovering around the edges. I keep getting twinges of a slight headache wanting to start...and I only sprayed it once. I like it, but its something that has to be applied verrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyy ....LIGHTLY! There's a shrilly screaming alien in there too.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2011 6:25:00 PM More reviews by MissChanel24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got a sample size of this perfume in Edt and EDP. its a very unique, mysterious sweet oriental fragrance. its not your everyday fragrance, and should probably only be used as a night time fragrance. Way better than the Angel perfume. This isn't really me, its too sweet, but it smells amazing on others, hence I give it a 4

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2011 1:38:00 PM More reviews by estheticiangirl

Received a huge bottle of Alien and it is the worst fragrance I have ever worn. I disliked the scent so much that I tried to give the bottle away and NO ONE wanted it! They simply refused to take this off my hands due to the smell. Had to throw it away eventually. Possibly could work for someone who applies their perfume VERY sparingly and likes the grape/gasoline smell! On a positive note, the bottle is kind of neat.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2011 12:20:00 PM More reviews by Kelly9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Alien reminds me of springtime and hiking in Texas--like great big blooming Mountain Laurel bushes (if you have never smelled them they are grape-y and very intense), craggy rocks and twisted mesquite trees. Not exactly rocky and mesquite smelling, but more of the atmosphere--dry and sun-warmed with that huge radiating floral waft on the air.

I'm not really into florals at all, but because of the imagery I get from Alien, I'll make an exception. Here's a photo (not mine, btw) of Mountain Laurel: http://www.wildflower.org/gallery/result.php?id_image=24669

I quite like the bottle: looks like golden-clawed alien fingers grasping a huge amethyst.

My favorite way to wear this is to spray some into unscented lotion and apply to my arms and legs. It tempers the sharpness and helps it become part of my personal space in a gentle way.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2011 2:35:00 AM More reviews by ellacinders

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This one's a showstopper. Every time I visit the perfume counter I save this one for last because it eclipses everything that came before and after. I can definitely see why this scent is so polarizing as it's very strong and WEIRD. But I love it. I get mega-watt jasmine with licorice and pepper notes at the top which make way for a sweet woody vanilla and amber in the drydown. Mouthwatering.