August 22, 2014 | 888 users online

Cleansers - DHC - Deep Cleansing Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2012 5:15:00 AM More reviews by loverlover1328

This was one of the first cleansing oils I tried because I saw it absolutely everywhere. Sorry to say but it is crap. Do not buy this - go for the FANCL instead.
This is shocking for oily skin, and just way too thick. Its like olive oil! I have also heard it can give you pimples.
I found when I used this I had to follow with a foaming cleanser just to feel clean. Having said that, the cleaning power was good, compared to Shu Uemura which I hate.
FANCL is the best, please see my review on that!

More about me:
Asian normal skin - tending towards combination in summer
Was acne-prone for years
Foundation preference is to look as yellow as possible, absolutely nil pink
MAC NC-30, Shiseido O60
Sunscreen everyday - alternating between Sofina and Invisible Zinc

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2012 2:52:00 PM More reviews by egrote

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really want to love this. I've got very small hands, pumping product into hand it inevitably splashes out of my hand. I like how it cleans my face well enough - but without fail - no matter how careful I am, this stuff seeps into my eyes - and I'm left with watery eyes for the rest of the night....not happy.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Sassysez

I was very excited to try this product.I was a little worried at first as I had come out in a massive break out on my chin. There wasn't a scent to this product and it was really easy to use. I loved how I could see my make up dissolving. After I rinsed off,there was no need to use a moisturiser as my skin was super soft. Ive been using this now for just over a week and I can't fault it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2012 8:24:00 AM More reviews by akiraVega

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a very good cleansing oil, not only because it works well, it is also because of the fact the ingredients are very natural and contains essential and helpful oils. This removes my heavy makeup easily and I love how it changes colour when you mix it with water in the shower, really feels that the dirt and make up is all coming off. The smell is bearable, just oil smell really. The packaging is acceptable and easy to use. I do find this cleansing oil pricey but it works, so it is good for the buck!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 8:18:00 PM More reviews by mukhy0

I really love this product. I used Mac's Cleanse Off Oil for about a year, which worked well, but I was really impressed by this product when I finally decided to try a bottle due to the high reviews on MUA. My skin feels cleaner and I don't need to wash afterward with another cleanser. I break out really easily, but I can usually get away with washing my face with just this product. No clogged pores or zits. It washes everything off, even the most stubborn eyeliner and mascara. My holy grail item for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2012 3:03:00 AM More reviews by charmaine82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The first thing, which I noticed is that. Itís texture is not too oily. My makeup quickly dissolve, when I massaged it for 1 minute, it doesnít feel oily after rinsing & it truly remove your makeup.

I think Iíll bring this for traveling due its efficiency. With this I donít have to pack for cleanser & makeup remover anymore

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2012 3:19:00 AM More reviews by honeyandsweets

So here's what you do: take about one or two pumps in your hand, apply to face, rub rub rub (gently), and wash away to reveal your fresh, squeaky clean face. I love how it takes off every stitch of makeup on me- even waterproof eye makeup. The only minor complaint is thaf it tends to make me feel a little dry after cleansing, but that's really no biggie. Love this!

Edit 11/17/12- Just wanted to make a note that my bottle is all used up now- expect to get about 6 months of use from a 6.7 oz bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2012 3:53:00 PM More reviews by ruggergirl

I won't try to emulate the gushing reviews below, and will keep this short and sweet. I am currently overhauling my skin routine, and trying to minimise the amount of products I use, with a view to keeping things basic, but effective.

I only use this in the evenings to remove makeup and sunscreen. From some reviews I have read, I am aware that there are those who are not using this product properly. In order to use this as a cleanser it is necessary to pump the product into dry hands. I use two and a half pumps, I rub my hands together, and massage the oil into my dry skin. I then wet my hands and massage my face, and when the water on my hands comes into contact with the oil on my face, it emulsifies into a light white lotion type consistency. This is what cleanses the skin. I then rinse my face and pat dry.

I am now on my fourth bottle of this and will continue to buy. It makes light work of removing my sunscreen and makeup and I would generally get a good two months out of a bottle. I follow this up with a swipe of micellar water on a cotton pad, to remove any residue (but I think this step is more psychological for me than anything). Put simply, there is never any residue of makeup on my cotton pad, so I know my skin is clean. Love this stuff.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2012 12:53:00 AM More reviews by Bexi81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this product. I had used oil cleansers when my acne was controlled with medication and loved them. But I've been off that medication for about 6 months now, and my sensitivity to products has sky rocketed. Enter the DHC deep cleansing oil. On the good side: it works - I used it as stage one in my cleansing regime to remove make up, and it does. It easily removed all traces of my make up (even eye make up), and left my skin nice and soft. On the bad side: by the next day my acne flared up - large cystic acne on my trouble spots (chin, jaw) and small white heads in previously untroubled spots. I kept using the oil for three more days, just to see if my skin would adapt. The good points of the oil remained good, and while the acne didn't get any worse, it also didn't get any better. Wondering if it was my skin or the oil, I switched to my default cleanser....and my skin started to clear. So I can safely lay the blame on the oil. Conclusion? If you are acne prone, stay away from this cleanser (I've gone back to using cold cream and love the results, btw). If your skin behaves itself, or you're interested or curious to try an oil cleanser without shelling out the big bucks for designer brand in case your skin freaks out, this a good place to start.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2012 2:45:00 AM More reviews by twinky13

Ok, i have just used once and will update coz my skin is very oily and has clogs. And because i have used cleansing oils before (fancl, dermalogical precleanse plus other brands) and they have left me with clogs so me, with other previewers, are VERY apprehensive to touch on oil again.
just a thought? is cleansing oil a double-edged sword?? i dont know why. It cleanses so so well yet at the same time, gave us clogs? what went wrong?

This oil, however, like most girls have previewed, have kept the skin clean and SOFT (which other oils dont). Since my skin is oily, i have to add with foaming wash (i think in my opinion is very important as the oil is not meant to be ONE-step cleansing) which i usually do daily, the 2-step cleansing. i am also very worried about the after-effects (as in clogs) so maybe i recommend using this on alternate days or thrice a week. I am not sure if daily use will cause clogs (maybe the accumulated oil that remains on the skin will lead to breakouts). I am not sure but will want to experiment based on my skin type.
i read that they recommend using warm water to rinse on the instruction booklet which i dont (very troublesome as i have to get warm water ready) but maybe ladies, that is the trick? to emulsify more of the oil so that it is totally rinsed off?
will update soon on this
(sidenote: previously i used dermalogica precleanse then ultra calming gel (using gel is wrong, wrong, wrong as it's too mild to remove the oil residue) and after a few days, it was badly clogged)
hope to get the right formula to use DHC as it is a gem.