April 24, 2014 | 1162 users online

Cleansers - DHC - Deep Cleansing Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2012 12:53:00 PM More reviews by poshmels

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was pressured to buy this so-called amazing product with the rave reviews it was getting on MA... At first, I was looking for a cleanser and it is for sure, by me, not a face cleanser and more of a makeup remover...
Having dry oily skin with tendency to acne... I wouldn't say that my face would be "clean" only using this cleanser... I actually use DHC's Pure Soap after I take off my makeup with the DCO...
i don't think it does such a better job than the top eye makeup removers out there... and it smells like something you would cook with.
For the cost, I don't think it's worth was it does - well, not for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2012 1:54:00 PM More reviews by HistoryLady71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using this off and on for about 8 years. I have oily skin with enlarged pores and I am prone to breakouts along the jawline. I really like this for removing makeup, including mascara, sunscreen, BB cream and other foundations. I usually use one or two pumps on dry skin, massage it in for a minute or two, and then use a white washcloth and relatively hot water to rinse it off. I follow by washing my face with one of DHC's cleansers--I use different ones depending on the season and the behavior of my skin (I like the CoQ10 facial film, the washing powder, and the face wash). I find that when I am religious about doing using the oil and washing right afterwards, my skin is much, much better and the jawline breakouts are much reduced. There have been times when I've run out and had to wait for a new delivery and I have used organic coconut oil to cleanse. That works okay for a few days, but not as well as the DHC oil. I have bought this oil many, many times and will continue to use it for the foreseeable future.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2012 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Audrey0

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Lovely stuff! I've been using it for 10 years. As you know, there is a lot of makeup that isn't coming off with just soap and water. You need an oil to break apart these tough formulas from our faces. It is strange how this oil rinses clean - this doesn't happen if you try to use olive oil alone (I've tried! LOL). I use the cleansing oil on a dry face with dry hands, massage it onto my face everywhere but my eyes, then I gently massage the eye makeup off, then rinseI I follow with Cetaphil for normal to oily skin, then the DHC Mild Lotion. Beautiful! I highly recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2012 8:03:00 PM More reviews by maripossa24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for a few years now, I love it. I have very oily, sensitive, acne prone skin. I wear makeup that takes some real POWER to get off, ie Covergirl Lashblast waterproof, and Revlon Colorstay foundation. This stuff melts it all right off, and I love the little massage I get every night on my face.

I put in on and massage it in to my DRY face with DRY hands. I usually use two pumps, especially if I am wearing both the CS and the LB. I then rinse it well with warm water, and I follow up with Cetaphil gentle formula and my SkinSonic brush, and my moisturizer.

It's never caused a break out on me. The only negative thing I can say about it is the price. It's expensive for a makeup remover, but in the end it's worth it because of how well it works.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by runningmom1952

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I read about this product on a blog I've long forgotten, but the dazzling review resonated with me because i remembered reading that cleansing with oil was a common method in ancient Greece long before soap was invented. I think. If it was good enough for Cleopatra, I thought it was worth a try. Although it feels counterintuitive to apply something greasy to remove facial oil and makeup, the method works, especially if you dislike the tight feeling that many other cleansers and soap leave on your skin. This product rinses clean but leaves your skin feeling supple. I use a washcloth rinsed in hot water because I figure a little gentle exfoliation doesn't hurt. I follow up with Thayers Rose non-alcohol witch hazel because I've been trained to use a toner for at least 40 years, followed by a moisturizer d'jour. DHC highly recommended. I've turned a few friends on to it and they agree.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2012 8:44:00 PM More reviews by Blah15

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I received a catalog from DHC not really caring about it because I was satisfied with my skin care routine. I threw it away but took the samples and I'm soo glad I did! This cleansing oil removes makeup wonderfully and also moisturizes my dry skin. It doesn't leave an oily residue but also doesn't strip the skin's natural oil. Purchased the full size and also the travel size. Will buy again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 10:13:00 AM More reviews by taltman11

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've fallen in love with this stuff. It eats through makeup easily, even waterproof mascara. I alternate between Diorshow Iconic Waterproof, Givenchy Phenomeneyes Waterproof, Cover Girl Lash Blast Waterproof, and Lancome Hypnose Waterproof. The DHC oil removes every last trace of these mascaras and works way better than most eye makeup remover products. It doesn't irritate my skin or cause clogged pores or acne. I initially bought this because I had a totalbeauty.com voucher, but I'll definitely be buying more. It's a little expensive when you consider the ingredients are pretty basic, but the results are worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2012 3:21:00 PM More reviews by DramaqueenNYC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

My mom highly recommended this but I was hesitant to use this since I have oily skin. I gave it a chance by using a sample and was impressed. I bought a large size and I must say that it is great. It removes all my dirt and makeup (even heavy stuff) and leaves my skin soft and moisturized but not oily. You really only need one pump to cover your entire face. Just rub it all over a few times and rinse with warm water. I don't have any issues with residue, I try to rinse my face with warm water at least 2xs.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2012 2:58:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Disappointing! Dried out my skin like mad. It took off all my sunscreen and eye makeup, sure, but it also sucked out all the moisture. I much prefer MAC Cleanse-Off Oil, as it's way cheaper, smells better, and leaves my skin moisturized while working just as well to remove makeup and clear gunk out of pores.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2012 2:14:00 AM More reviews by ninoo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have recommended this to friends who have drier skin than me. It dies a grat job, and leaves a dewey finish, but it broke me out badly....think I'd have to wash my face again after using it.

I use it occasionally to rub into my scalp before hairwashing...as it resembles one of their products for that purposr.