July 29, 2014 | 905 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Primer

rated 1 of 5 on 5/7/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by melissamathers258

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Ok Here we go: I gave it a 1 because its has been two weeks since I use this primer and I have dry skin and Im not sure if it was just because of that fact. I loved how it made my skin feel smooth BUT I broke out something fierce esp on my forehead. Its was all bumpy and red. I literally re-cut my bangs because it was SOO embarrassing. My checks and everything. It went down but still not fully away! I did not use a new foundation I used the same foundation I have been using for 5+ years :(.. I dont know if I was possibly allergic to something in the foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by Rachulll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have to say, after avoiding it ($40 for primer???) and trying many (many) drugstore primers that did little to nothing, I finally caved and got a sample of this at sephora and I LOVE it. My face seemingly repels makeup, but with this it can stay on through a whole shift at work and on through the night. 4 lippies because yeah, its more expensive than my actual foundation (clinique suberbalanced) but hey, it makes my skin feel like velvet and my makeup stay, and thats what's really important, no?

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2013 2:00:00 AM More reviews by sassy869

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This performs well for me. It's been quite remarkable in heat. Heat temperature wise and heat, OMG I'm hot flashing while shopping again, sweat dripping down your red face, in need of a time freeze so you can nab the tissue out of your purse and check your face in a mirror, (because you don't want to end up like I did after grocery shopping a few months back..hot flashed, did not check after patting the sweat off, arrive home three hours and two errands later, to find a 12 mm piece of tissue had dried and stuck) kind of heat. Only the Smashbox primer holds everything in the same places you'd originally put them, from hot flashes to work outs. It seems heavier feeling than others. I've not had an issue with this making my sensitive skin react in any way. If I'm just lounging for a day and wanting to have a make up free time to myself, I won't use it. The smell is one I'd associate with smells emitted from gas/petrol stations. It doesn't bother me enough to not use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 11:56:00 PM More reviews by qdo2599

My HG primer. I find that people either Love or Hate this product. I fall in the latter category.
This makes my skin ultra smooth for foundation application and keeps my foundation looking fresh a lot longer. I have combination-oily skin and it also keeps my oil at bay. It doesn't break out my skin like it does for others (I guess I can tolerate silicone primers). My MA informed me that silicone primers make your foundation last the longest as compared to others however it makes SOME breakout. I'm glad I'm not one.
I just have to make one comment on the packaging - I actually prefer the travel size packaging than the full size. The only reason is that the mouth on the bottle is larger on the travel size. Therefore I don't have to squeeze so much to get the desired amount. With the full size it squeezes out such a small amount. Small complaint really.
My advice is to get a sample and try it first. If it breaks you out then obviously it's not for you.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by becktasm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I hate this stuff so much. Cheap pore clogging silicones at $40 a tube. Purchased once and pitched it after a week.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2013 12:32:00 PM More reviews by aobheall

I've never put this on my face so I can't vouch for any pore minimising effect or oil control but all I did was swatch it on the back of my hand and 4 hours later I had pimples. On my hand. For the first time ever. Definitely not something I'll waste so much money on period.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2013 11:21:00 PM More reviews by kaicg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm not a fan of Smashbox primers, I've tried many including this and they never seem to do anything or they make my skin worse (and I don't have terribly reactive skin to begin with). I also dislike the texture and feeling of it when it's on my skin. Especially for the cost ($45+ CAD) I expect better. Smashbox has some nice products, but I find most stuff over-hyped and overpriced.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by tinadang14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I get oily in my T-zone throughout the day & this kept it under control. Used it for about a year but it's so pricey I had to find a cheaper substitute. I have found is the Revlon PhotoReady Primer. It's not as great & you will have to blot but it's 1/3 of the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2013 9:23:00 PM More reviews by GrandPriestess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use a face primer for a few reasons. First being, I have pretty oily skin and need some hep with keeping my face makeup on, matte and flawless all day. Secondly, If I noticed if I don't use one, I tend to break out more from any foundation that I use. Speaking of which, this primer has not caused any breakouts for me at all.
A lot of the reviews for this deterred me from buying this primer for a very long time. Ulta had a Smashbox primer trio on sale and I had a coupon, so I said..."Screw It, I can always return it. " and bought it.
There is no way in hell I'm returning it.
I am so blown away at how well this works for me. I actually went without powder today...I have oily skin people...That's normally a BIG no-no.
Yes, it's a little on the expensive side. But so its the Tarte Poreless (also a silicone base) one that I have been using and loving. This really makes everything about my foundation better. My texture is DEFINITELY more even and smooth. Also, I use less foundation because it holds the pigment of the product better. And the rest of my makeup on top lasted a lot longer as well...IE Blush/Bronzer etc.
I cant believe I was missing out on such a great product. I'm in love. =)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2013 7:26:00 AM More reviews by susieglass

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This feels nice on, and left a velvety finish, but it made my foundation cling around my eyebrows and the corners of my nose, and I needed to reapply makeup throughout the day as normal anyway.

For me, it served no function other than feeling quite nice.