Smashbox Photo Finish Primer

3.2

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Silica, Dimethicone/ Vinyldimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua, Eau), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract

on 2/7/2014 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I got this as a sample with other purchases. I was really excited to try it out but unfortunately other then making my skin feel a bit softer after the initial application I didn't really see a huge difference in my makeup lasting. Some days it felt almost greasy on my skin if I used anymore then a pea sized amount. Maybe if I could have used more it would have been more noticeable? I would not recommend this over other primers.

Simply not worth the hype. Even though this claims to be oil-free, I feel my face greasy when I use it. Just...urgh.

on 1/27/2014 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

It has good staying power and was easy to apply/felt nice but broke me out horribly.

on 1/25/2014 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

There seem to be quite a few mixed reviews on this product. I can see where both sides are coming from to be honest. When I first tried this product I was on the side of people who thought it was horrible. I used a small amount like others recommended. Doing that I didn't see any difference to my makeup.
But when I began using more ( a slightly smaller than dime size amount on each cheek, forehead, and chin) I saw a difference. With this method I noticed my makeup staying without fading, and it didn't settle into the couple of lines near my mouth like it normally would. It makes putting on foundation a lot more pleasant as well since I don't have to rub as much to blend, and the foundation doesn't catch onto and emphasize any dry skin patches that may be present.

I have noticed slightly longer staying power but only by like an hour or so. But my foundation doesn't tend to wear off too much anyway unless it's really hot, and I haven't had this that long.

on 1/12/2014 8:05:00 AM

I honestly wanted to like this product when I bought it. Unfortunately it does nothing for me. I will admit it made my skin baby soft which offered a good base for my foundation. However, my makeup actually faded FASTER with this product than without. Maybe I just got a bad batch? I will not recommend this to anyone and I will not be buying it again.

I just read all of the wonderful ladies' reviews on this and am not sure if I'm going to purchase or not!

I received a sample from Sephora, and had the little packet in my makeup bag for a week...I had some time today and smoothed it on. Felt very nice...of course it's loaded with silicones, etc, but felt very velvety going on. Also, I read to not use much at all, so I didn't.

6 hours later, my face has ZERO shine. This stuff sucked up all of my afternoon shine on my T-zone. My foundation (Lancome Renergie Lift makeup NC20) has not budged.

Not a huge difference in my pores, but they do seem smoother in appearance. I'll wait and see if I break out, but so far, I'm really liking this primer! I don't know if I need to buy it for everyday, but it's nice to have on to extend my face makeup wear!

on 1/8/2014 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this stuff but I think it's really similar to other silicone primers out there!

My skin feels hydrated, silky soft and kind of blurred with this, like with others silicone primers. My foundation goes on super smooth and easily after I've applied this.

I got this as a sample and the sample really lasted a long time for me so maybe eventually I'll purchase.

EDIT on 2015-03-23:
I got another sample for this primer. I stand by my review, it's an ok primer but I'm thinking now that it's not worth the price. After having tested a lot of other primer, I think that this one is not really special. If you're on a tight budget, try the E.l.f. mineral infused primer, you might like it, it's similar to this one IMHO.

on 1/7/2014 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I am obsessed with this primer!!!! My makeup always looked cakey on my nose & cheeks - I have large pores & have been looking for something that would make them appear smaller. Then I found this. My makeup never looks bad anymore. It makes my skin feel so velvety smooth, I love it. It's pretty pricey, but this is the one thing I will splurge on!

on 1/6/2014 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I really enjoy this product. I have dry skin and I like that it has a hydrating component, and it feels like silk when you apply it. I don't know that it does ALL the things the package claims to, but it's better than nothing. When I run out this time I think I'll give another primer a try just to experiment, but previously I have repurchased multiple times.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I received a sample of this and used it today, and it looked nice....until I touched my face. Then I remembered why I had a full-size of this primer years ago that I ended up swapping away. Because the second my hand brushes across my face, the product balls up and looks like skin flakes (maybe this is what they put in those scam peel gels?). I can't see how I could apply foundation over this when it does this. And it balled up into flakes on both dry areas of my skin and my forehead, which is more oily. I've never used a primer that has had this effect.

That said, it feels nice cosmetically. Soft, silky, silicone-y. It didn't irritate my skin or break me out either time I used it, so it gets an extra star for that. I can see how it would be a nice product without the flaking, but for me, it's unusable.