September 23, 2014 | 1831 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Primer

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2013 1:44:00 PM More reviews by erintotheizzo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Rat Garbage. Living in a prairie province, products are sold solely on hype and propaganda. Therefore, Smashbox did really well for a little while when it started selling in Shoppers Drug Mart. It's complete extremes in application- too little and it does nothing, too much and it balls up. Not much of an in-between with this. But if you do get it, it looks pretty good! For about 30 mins and then it enhances every fine line and wrinkle on your face; it cakes and seeps into creases super bad. Not my rec for dry skin unless possibly using a serum underneath.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by Juliahdonna

I needed a primer to wear under foundation to make my makeup last longer. I enjoyed the soft feel of the primer but my makeup began to slide off of my face within an hour of wear. I had to reapply makeup more often than if I were to wear no primer at all. Thank goodness I only got a sample size portion of this product as the $47 price tag would not have been a good investment.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2013 10:15:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

PROS:
*great packaging, i love how it's in a pump bottle. definitely more hygienic than a tube or tub.
*sinks into my skin fast!
*doesn't feel oily or greasy just kind of silicony which most primers do anyway
*DID NOT break me out.
*No scent to it for the people that are picky about scented things going on the face

CONS:
*DID not control my oil whatsoever
*Also did NOT feel like it made my makeups longevity any better.
*I also think in my opinion, it's a bit expensive, especially considering it didn't really work for me.

OTHER THOUGHTS:
If you have combination skin you'd probably do just fine with this but to the girls with oily skin you'll probably be left disappointed. Just wasn't what I thought it was going to be at all!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2013 6:58:00 AM More reviews by jealouspony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm seeing a lot of bad reviews for this product, but honestly - for me it has been amazing. I've used it for a month now and I thibk I've finally found my HG primer.

You only need the tiniest amount of product, so it lasts a long while. After a month of everyday usage, you can barely tell it's been used at all.

It really smooths out my skin and makes the application of my foundation easier and smoother. It feels silky soft on my face and on days where I haven't been wearing foundation I've just put the primer on as it gives the illusion of a smoother canvas.

I always wait 2-3 minutes after I've put it on to let mtý skin fully absorb it. Then I move on with the rest of my makeup. When I have the time, I wait even longer jsut to get the best results.

Overall, I love this primer and after trying countless of different brands and products, I'm so relieved to have found something that truly works for me.

For reference I have combination skin that get super oily in the t-zone. No acne, but the occasional outbreak.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by greencheek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a primer to control my acneprone/OILY skin. i was originally using the tarte primer...so i got a sample of this smashbox one from sephora. right after using it i was breaking out all over my face!!! and i had actually just calmed down my active acne after years of mild/moderate acne. it took me a couple of weeks to actually figure it out that the cause was this primer. it was the only change i made in my skin routine so i stopped using it a week ago and now my skin has calmed wayyy down. i went back to the tarte primer which is tons better and doesnt seem to break me out at all. i would never buy this smashbox primer again (also for $40 something, so not worth the cost of it!)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this about 3 months ago when I ran out of my favorite primer, and wanted to try something new. I talked with a cosmetics rep at ULTA who recommended this primer. I picked up a small size 0.4 oz tube and I really liked the way this was packaged. It comes in a nice transparent squeeze tube so you can get exactly what you need and no more. You can easily tell how much product is left in this. I like the squeeze tube since I can actually get every bit of the product out and get my money's worth. This goes on feeling like a gel with an oily feeling. Not greasy though and it thins out quickly to spread easily over the face. It feels silky once you get it applied. It does seem to set fairly quickly and in less than 5 minutes I can start applying my foundation over this. It does seem to fill in fine lines and I really haven't any complaints with this primer at all other than the cost. Before this I was using Hard Candy primer (which is my holy grail of primers, but hard to find) or Rimmell London primer. Those work as well for much less and I think I will return to a less costly product, but I do like this one very much and I'd buy it again with someone else's money. The price is too much for me considering the drugstore ones are just as good.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2013 3:03:00 AM More reviews by hanako20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Too bad I can't give this a zero...
First, the consistency/texture of this stuff is just gross. It's like a thin film. I can see how some would think it's "soft" or "silky" but it really isn't - at least not in a good way. Application is inconsistent (can't get a good later on). I have a really small version of the green corrector. It does nothing for my redness. This also makes application of any of my liquid foundations really difficult. Don't waste your money.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2013 3:33:00 AM More reviews by Saspants

Sorry, I just wasn't that impressed with this product. There are others out there that perform better for the same price or less. Not a fan.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2013 5:29:00 AM More reviews by bigbadpanda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin and tend to get kind of oily in my t-zone. I also live in Miami, which is a very hot and humid city. When I apply this, it makes my skin feel very smooth and I feel like that helps my foundation or BB cream go on easier and makes it easier to blend into my skin. I definitely think this helps my make up stay on. Whenever I forget to use this, I feel like my makeup just melts off and my t-zone gets oily super quick. I love this product! I wish it wasn't so pricey though :/

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 12:22:00 AM More reviews by aleachhunter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really love this product - I was expecting to either really love it or really hate it. Luckily, I fall into the first category. I bet this wouldn't be as good for acne-prone skin, as I could see how it might clog pores. However, my skin tends to be dry and this product seems to smooth out some of the flaky spots. Although it's expensive, this product is a worthwhile investment for me - I'm always impressed with this product's staying power and overall results.