October 24, 2014 | 1806 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - MAC - Brush Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2010 3:18:00 AM More reviews by jay4jazz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great product for cleaning brushes between deep cleans, and conditions them as well. Only problem is the packaging! Half the product goes down the sink! So I have taken off one lippy. I put it in a spray bottle and dilute it with 30-40% water so it lasts longer and doesn't dry out brushes. I also have a couple of flannel towelettes to wipe the brushes on after I've done a couple sprays of the product and repeat a couple times till clean. The brushes dry really quick and I can do someone's make up, knowing the brushes are sterilized.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2010 2:43:00 AM More reviews by VenessaG

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Mac is a very popular brand, it's one of my favorites--or should I say favorite, it's not that people worship this brand, and are always trying to get the latest products, but MAC has really won it's place. Their brush cleaner is one of my favorites. Another item people think it's useless. I like to use it to quickly clean off my brushes if I don't feel like fully washing them. You don't need that much of the product to just clean a makeup brush daily if you are feeling lazy too wash your brushes, so therefore this item is a must for me. It makes my day easier, and faster, I could just wipe off my brush from yesterday, and use it that day . It's not good to wash your brushes daily so this item does come in handy, and it's not that expensive, if you think about it since after wards you can use the bottle for BACK to MAC empty program. Both way beneficial.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2010 5:39:00 AM More reviews by Mandibulo

So handy for when you're in a hurry (which is always the case for me. Or so I claim. Hasty/lazy, is there really a difference?). I find it such a fuss to take out all my brushes, lay them down, pour warm water and baby shampoo on a clean piece of cloth and then stick 'em in there till they turn all white and fluffy again. Ok yes, I'll still do it every now and then because the brush cleanser is only good for spot-cleaning, it just so happens that it's so good at it, it makes it almost pointless to use any other brush cleansing method. I just pour a small amount of it on a thick layer of kitchen paper (prolly folded 4-6 times, so it doesn't thin up as easily by the liquid) and then run all my brushes on the moistened area. I find this is entirely effective, as this product breaks down any form of color and separates it from the bristles instantly. It literally takes me less than 2 minutes to get 10-11 brushes squeaky clean. I do have a couple of issues with this though: Despite how fast it dries (your brushes should be good as new and ready to use about 10 minutes after you've used this), it always seems to leave a slightly sticky residue, which makes the brushes a little uncomfortable to use - nothing I can't live without, just a small concern. What seems like a shameful waste however is the dispenser. Or lack there of. What it comes with is a cap, one that opens and pours out quite a bit of the liquid at a time, an amount which you honestly don't need. I wish it came with a pump, that way you could spray it on a surface moderately and it would get the job done. Major drawback, but still not grave enough to keep me away from the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2010 8:35:00 PM More reviews by emivnc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've found that this brush cleanser works really well - it removes stubborn ground in makeup (like thick concealer) much more effectively than anything else I've tried and leaves my brushes soft and shiny. It's not super cheap, but also not overly expensive given that it usually lasts quite a long time. The only complaint I have is the pop-top - I find it really hard to control how much of the cleanser comes out with this top and end up wasting some each time I use it. Overall worth the price and I'll definitely continue using this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2010 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Mathilda91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

How could I ever live without this! It's totally saved my life, and my brushes. I bought it when I purchased my 187 and 188 brushes and reckond that schampoo wouldn't be able to remove foundation, from the synthetic bristles and that dishwashing soap would be to harsh on the natural ones. So in came this!

I pour out some one a clean tissue and swipe the brush back and forth untill the bristles look clean. And I'm good to go!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2010 9:38:00 AM More reviews by meghanadriana

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i use it with a spray on so that the product isn't wasted ( vis a vis pouring it on cloth that absorbs everything) it cleans really well and my brushes dries fast with this. LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2010 5:10:00 AM More reviews by teregb

If you invested on brushes, you might as well invest on the MAC brush cleanser too. I'm afraid to use any other product to spot clean my brushes beacause I'm afraid of damaging them. I put some cleanser in a small spray bottle, spray my brush and then run the brush back and forth on a tissue paper until all the colors are out. I can even spot clean my face brushes this way. Once a week, I deep clean my brushes with olive oil and baby shampoo.
Everybody is busy, so it's really a commitment to take the time to spot clean and deep clean brushes regularly. It's a must to do this, hygiene is very important in makeup and this product helps keep my brushes clean all the time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2010 3:09:00 AM More reviews by marippe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

this is the only brush cleaner i use. i pour it into a spray bottle &automatically have an empty to add to my b2m collection ;) i use this for spot cleaning after i'm done w/ my makeup; its awesome at getting all of the gunk of out the brushes. it won't strip your brushes.. in fact this cleanser actually helps to condition them, keeping them looking great.
i'll continue to repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2010 8:24:00 AM More reviews by Beach

Love this brush cleaner. I put it in a spray bottle and spray the brushes after I have used them. I don't rinse them and don't have a problem at all as some of the other reviewers have had. This is my third bottle and would purchase again and again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2010 7:38:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have invested quite a bit of money into my brush collection so i think it's important to protect my investments. MAC's brush cleanser is the perfect solution for daily spot cleaning in between my routine weekly deep cleaning. Easy removes make-up build-up, doesn't damage the bristles, and dries quickly. Excellent product!