MAC Brush Cleanser

4.4

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), SD Alcohol, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Hexylene Glycol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Isopropyl Alcohol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Triclosan, Red 33, Blue 1.

on 2/2/2011 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have always used regular shampoo or high-quality French liquid hand soap with olive oil to wash my brushes. I bought this on a visit to the MAC counter after hearing so many raves. I had washed my brushes about 2 weeks ago, and use a daily brush cleaner on them after each use. I diluted this cleaner about 1:3 with hot water in a glass bowl and cleaned my brushes. I was shocked at how much pigment came out of the brushes! I had to change the water twice. Rinsed them, blotted on a towel and left brushes to air dry. I use E.L.F. Studio brushes, with a few MAC, Studio Basics, and Bare Escentuals. I'm extremely impressed with this cleaner. It deep-cleans brushes much better than regular shampoo or soap, dries quickly, and doesn't smell offensive. I will definitely repurchase and will not go back to any other product!

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I love this brush cleanser. Cleans well and disinfects, but I wish it wasn't as diluted. I wish it was more like a shampoo.

on 1/17/2011 2:35:00 PM

Well this is my first brush cleaner so I don't have a lot to compare to, but its gets the job done with little products. I've been using it once a week to clean my new mac brushes. It easily washes away the product and rinses off cleanly from the brush. It take a tiny dab onto a wet brush and just gently massage it in. Give it a good rinse, reshape and lay on a paper towel overnight to try. I probably will try some cheaper brush cleaners before I buy another, but since this is part of the Back 2 Mac program I'll probably end up getting it again.

on 1/17/2011 1:24:00 PM

It's a very good spot cleaning solution. A bit expensive for my taste, but honestly I can't say I have found anything cheaper that works so well.
The only thing I would change about it is the packaging: I would add a spray pump to avoid wasting any product.

on 1/16/2011 3:05:00 PM

This isnt the best brush cleaner in the world. Dont get me wrong it's great but for deep cleansing I prefer a sulfate free gentle cleansing shampoo with a natural antiseptic (I like Phillip b Scent of Santa fe shampoo) but this works great for spot cleaning and on the go and on location. A lot comes in the bottle for the price as well. This really helps preserve the quality of brushes that can really last a lifetime if you take the right measures.

This stuff works great for spot cleaning. It takes off most of the residue, and disinfects your brushes and dries quickly, but it won't take off everything.

I spot clean my brushes with the brush cleanser every day, and then I clean then weekly with a mixture of olive oil and antibacterial soap. I do this in the evening so they have time to dry overnight so they are ready to use when I get up!

The only real CON I can think of is the packaging. If the bottle came with a spray head, it would work better. Because of the lid thingy, you tend to pour out a lot more than you need, and it usually also leaks down the bottle after you get done pouring it on a tissue. So there is quite some waste if you're not careful.

Will definitely buy again when my bottle runs out.

on 1/9/2011 7:05:00 AM

Amazing stuff. Only need to apply the tiniest amount and it completely removes all traces off make-up instantly.
The way I do it is;
wet the brush under the tap and squeeze off excess water
put the plug in the sink and pour a tiny amount into the sink
swirl the brush round in the cleanser and work through with fingers
rinse off brush and see the brush come completely clean!

Lovely lovely lovely; will be repurchasing. Though not anytime soon as there's a decent amount in the bottle and you only need a little bit for each brush anyway!

on 1/3/2011 7:29:00 PM

I'm on my 3rd bottle of this. I have come to the conclusion I am just too darn lazy to deep clean my brushes as often as I should. This is just really convenient. I will continue to purchase this. MAC emails free shipping codes practically every other day so I just purchase when I have a free code and its worth it!

on 1/1/2011 6:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is my all around brush cleanser. I use it for spot cleaning and deep cleaning my brushes. Although for spot cleaning, I feel that this leaves my brushes a little sticky. So, personally I like to deep clean my brushes (esp. my foundation brushes) after each use. As for eye brushes, I spot clean most of the time. But anyway, this cleanser does an excellent job of doing both. I like how my stippling brush goes back to a crispy white color after deep cleansing with this (and that's even diluting the cleanser with a little water, so a little definitely goes a long way). Also, my brushes stay nice and soft. Will definitely buy again.

on 12/23/2010 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

It's ok. I don't spot clean, so using baby shampoo for deep cleaning works better for me. And it's cheaper!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools