April 20, 2014 | 1696 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - MAC - Brush Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2010 8:35:00 PM More reviews by emivnc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've found that this brush cleanser works really well - it removes stubborn ground in makeup (like thick concealer) much more effectively than anything else I've tried and leaves my brushes soft and shiny. It's not super cheap, but also not overly expensive given that it usually lasts quite a long time. The only complaint I have is the pop-top - I find it really hard to control how much of the cleanser comes out with this top and end up wasting some each time I use it. Overall worth the price and I'll definitely continue using this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2010 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Mathilda91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

How could I ever live without this! It's totally saved my life, and my brushes. I bought it when I purchased my 187 and 188 brushes and reckond that schampoo wouldn't be able to remove foundation, from the synthetic bristles and that dishwashing soap would be to harsh on the natural ones. So in came this!

I pour out some one a clean tissue and swipe the brush back and forth untill the bristles look clean. And I'm good to go!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2010 9:38:00 AM More reviews by meghanadriana

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i use it with a spray on so that the product isn't wasted ( vis a vis pouring it on cloth that absorbs everything) it cleans really well and my brushes dries fast with this. LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2010 5:10:00 AM More reviews by teregb

If you invested on brushes, you might as well invest on the MAC brush cleanser too. I'm afraid to use any other product to spot clean my brushes beacause I'm afraid of damaging them. I put some cleanser in a small spray bottle, spray my brush and then run the brush back and forth on a tissue paper until all the colors are out. I can even spot clean my face brushes this way. Once a week, I deep clean my brushes with olive oil and baby shampoo.
Everybody is busy, so it's really a commitment to take the time to spot clean and deep clean brushes regularly. It's a must to do this, hygiene is very important in makeup and this product helps keep my brushes clean all the time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2010 3:09:00 AM More reviews by marippe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

this is the only brush cleaner i use. i pour it into a spray bottle &automatically have an empty to add to my b2m collection ;) i use this for spot cleaning after i'm done w/ my makeup; its awesome at getting all of the gunk of out the brushes. it won't strip your brushes.. in fact this cleanser actually helps to condition them, keeping them looking great.
i'll continue to repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2010 8:24:00 AM More reviews by Beach

Love this brush cleaner. I put it in a spray bottle and spray the brushes after I have used them. I don't rinse them and don't have a problem at all as some of the other reviewers have had. This is my third bottle and would purchase again and again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2010 7:38:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have invested quite a bit of money into my brush collection so i think it's important to protect my investments. MAC's brush cleanser is the perfect solution for daily spot cleaning in between my routine weekly deep cleaning. Easy removes make-up build-up, doesn't damage the bristles, and dries quickly. Excellent product!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2010 5:09:00 AM More reviews by Endit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Way overrated.

The packaging is mostly why I give it a 1. It forces you to waste product! I am usually pretty good at droppers but come on... a dropper is not practical for brushes like kabukis and such. Invent a sprayer for it MAC, it will cost you a dime at most.

The smell is pretty strong and chemical. No fragrance added though, probably from all the alcohol denat used so the formula dries fast (keep in mind though that it says you should rinse it off under water, not just spray it). I find that I have use more than I'd like to get brushes clean when using it as straight liquid. Also claims it is brush conditioning, though I only see some wheat protein near the end of the ingredient list, perhaps a tiny bit conditioning.

If you are to use this with synthetic brushes, it's just too expensive. You can get away with oil cleansers, facial cleansers, I even hear people using dish washing liquid! Because synthetic brushes are more resilient and cheap, why would you need something special like this? The 1 is deserved when you consider alternatives and the MAC price. MAC should come out with a separate (cheap!) cleanser for synthetic bristles and then one for delicate/animal hair and with a sprayer for both if they are aiming for true quality.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2010 1:05:00 PM More reviews by carrasco

I absolutely HATE washing my brushes. I only have a dozen or so and it really is not that bad but man my life is so chaotic it's impossible sometimes. SO, I bought this for spot cleaning and I really like it alot. For $12, I think it was a steal for all the product you get. I always pour some into a tiny spray bottle and use it that way so I'm not wasting any product pouring. I will def repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2010 9:43:00 PM More reviews by Fatimaknapp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this Product! It is amazing. Cleans my brushes so well! I mix with water and let them soak for a deep clean! I've had my bottle for a few years! Little goes a long way!