December 21, 2014 | 1846 users online

Fragrances - Dolce & Gabbana - Light Blue

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2012 3:56:00 PM More reviews by LavenderApples

It smells nice. No, really, it smells like the ocean in an expensive way. I smell salty sea air. Then I smell lemons and citrus, which pretty much sits on top of musk for the scent's duration.
While it smells like it's worth the money, it isn't worth it to me. If you like the scent and would wear it non-stop, that's great. For me, yeah I'm going to finish it, but it's not special enough for me to re-buy. It did make me realize (somehow) that I have a preference for sweet, excessively feminine yet not "girly" floral scents. Go figure.
I get about 4 hours of "I can smell it" time with three to four sprays. It last forever on clothes though, and smells much more ocean-y than the citrus that comes off on skin.
The packaging is very nice though. It's suede with two tones of blue that look, when paired, like the ocean on a sunny day. I keep it in the box and plan to keep the box! It's just *that* nice.
I think I'm going to try Bulgari Jasmine Noir next. While this fragrance couldn't offend anyone in a million years (which is a good thing), it's a little too "cool girl, but no real personality" for me.

Great for work, college, classes in High School (this is not sub 16 appropriate, really, it's just too cool for middle school), or pretty much anywhere where you'll have to be really close to people and want to smell good without being offensive. Very fresh, clean. Not intrusive; other people won't be like "why should I have to smell you".

What I really dislike is that in three weeks of where, I haven't gotten a single compliment on it. People can barely smell it once its on. I'm confident I smell nice, but clearly not nice enough to comment. *Sigh* Oh well. I have 1.5 ounces left. I may update my review in time.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2012 7:35:00 PM More reviews by xjiyoungg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Didn't think it was special at first but, now I think it smells really good. I can really smell the lemon. It smells very fresh. Contrast to the name though, it is not light. To me, it smells very deep.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2012 11:39:00 PM More reviews by maytonlam

I LOVE this perfume so much! I use to wear it all the time, the smell is fresh and sweet pefrect for the summer, but then i got bored. Its expenisve for light bue in stores, Buy online!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 5:07:00 PM More reviews by lionz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Fresh, clean, aquatic, classic. Never overpowering, purely pleasant. Even if you accidentally put on too much, it's not disgusting, like with other perfumes.
Even though I have many favorite scents, this is the only one I'd give a 5/5.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2012 9:27:00 PM More reviews by Aurorales

True story:
Today I was in the grocery store buying milk and what-not...when a woman walks by me and in her wake left behind the most beautiful wiff of fragrance.
I debated following her but just had to. Asked her what she had on and she says Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue.
I was floored.
I owned this fragrance, and liked it, but never thought too much about it. I actually gave a half used bottle away.
I now know why this stuff is a best seller. In the real world it smells amazing. I NEVER follow a stranger to ask what they are wearing. NEVER. But for this I did.
My husband always loved this. Smart man. I bought a bottle of Light Blue right after leaving the grocery store.
Beautiful.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2012 6:16:00 PM More reviews by HotKee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My everyday perfume - I love it! It is a lovely & unique blend of crisp, natural, and subtle fruity tones and clean, fresh, aquatic scents. The only person I know who doesn't like it is my husband, but unfortunately for him, I'm not giving this one up!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by PinkIcing1

I love the fresh, reviving scent of Light Blue. It doesn't last very long though, so I had to give it a 4.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2012 2:56:00 PM More reviews by shopaholick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Amazing scent - wears off almost right away so you need to apply generously- does not break me out despite having sensitive skin and did not give me a headache- smells like some of my Middle Eastern Parfums Gorgeous but without the staying power (lighter version) - so its still good- soo nice not such a sweet scent so sweet parfum lovers stay away refreshing but not powdery- If you are stuck for gift ideas this may be a safe and lovely option- not so sweet, very refreshing and well balanced parfum can be used as a unisex parfum... such a nice smell very refreshing ...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2012 9:36:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My boyfriend bought me this fragrance for Christmas last year and I have to say it's become one of my favorite perfumes. I would definitely say it's a summer or spring scent. As far as it being fruity or floral, I wouldn't say that it's either one of those. It's reminds me of an air freshener or clothing detergent. It has a really clean fresh smell to it. Also kind of like clean beach air. If you're someone that likes really heavy perfumes you will probably be really disappointed with this because it's not a BAM in your face fragrance at all nor is it extremely feminine or girl. It's very simple. I can wear this to work or to school because it's not really heavy or sickening like some perfumes can be. I always get compliments when I wear it. If you're someone who's not too crazy about perfumes or if you're just starting out in perfumes, this would be a great one to experiment with because it's so easily worn. Really nice perfume. It's one of my top 3 perfumes ever.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2012 8:08:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

I agree with a reviewer below that mentioned this fragrance can be unisex, yes, absolutely. The reason I don't wear this is because it reminds me too much of men's cologne, I suppose it's the strong cedar and musk. I know there is floral in there, rose and jasmine according to the description, but I don't detect any of it, I wish I did. I feel a bit too masculine wearing it, and I'm a big fan of musky, androgynous perfumes. Unfortunately this one just doesn't work for me. I have smelled women that this does work on, and it can be lovely, lighter and more fresh and feminine than when I try to wear it.