December 20, 2014 | 1212 users online

Scrubs - Burt's Bees - Citrus Facial Scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2007 1:43:00 AM More reviews by chasleigh44

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this as a daily face scrub. I have combination, acne-prone skin, which means I can never use anything too harsh or else risk a horrible break-out, but I need daily exfoliation to unclog pores. And this product does the trick. After about 5 mins of massaging this into my skin, it rinses away and my face feels totally fresh and ready for toner. The first time I used it, it was a little weird to pull out of the jar, but it only took a few tries before I realized it's chunky until you mix water, so I only pull a little at a time onto my palm. Seriously, this stuff is wonderful, and 99.94% natural! And at 10 bucks a pop, I'm sold!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2007 5:18:00 PM More reviews by pitterpatterson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Well, I would purchase this again if I didn't make my own skincare.

This scrub is a cheaper, more aromatic version of the Dr. Hauschka cleansing cream. It, like most other natural prodcuts, takes some getting used to.

The key to this is to follow a system--use a little in the palm of your hand, put a FEW DROPS of water in it, and make it into the consistiency you like. Be careful about adding too much water too quickly, you could end up with grit and colored water insted of an actual scrub.

This product is gentle and won't scrape the face, but if you apply it like you do the Hauschka cleansing cream, (sort of work it into your face using rolling hand motions) it gets the surface nicely scrubbed without redness, dryness, or irritation.

I wasn't crazy about the scent, because I have never really liked down home smells like apple pie, cinnamon, or citrus mixed together. But, I did get used to it, and used 2 full jars of this stuff up before I started making my own.

It is reasonably priced, which is something Burt's Bees does really well. They make nice, mostly natural products at a price the average person can afford.

Which is what its all about---making sustainability affordable.

I keep their glass scrub jars around to package my own stuff in.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2007 2:44:00 PM More reviews by tootswoots

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i bought this product cause i thought it looked interesting and i like burt's stuff. but it turned out to be kinda a bust. it's hard to get out of the jar and then it falls off your finger sometimes..

not too impressed with the scrub aspect either. Just not for me i guess.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2007 5:56:00 PM More reviews by jenifiner

I am really suprised by this product. I have a complexion that MUST be exfoliated regularly, but most were too severe or drying. This stuff rocks! It does what it is supposed to - makes my skin feel smooth without drying. The smell is nice too...not overpowering.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2007 11:11:00 PM More reviews by ratgirldjh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i bought this for my bf who loves scrubs. however i started using it too. at first i really thought that it was too drying for my skin; then i did what another reviewer suggested and used it on top of the orange essence facial cleanser. wow! my skin feels more smooth and exfoliated - i think the slippery cleanser helps this scrub slide better - and my skin is not dry or tight. i will definitely keep buying this - both for my bf and for myself. the smell is great too! UPDATE: it seems that for some reason when i used the orange essence facial cleanser at all i was getting blackheads. i started using only this to clean my face (i do not wear makeup) and my blackheads are going away...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2007 6:18:00 PM More reviews by taurusgirl195

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love love love this scrub! My skin has improved since I have started using it and I LOVE the smell. I have sensitive, very pale skin and I was using an expensive micro-dermabrasion cream to improve the overall softness of my skin. Burts Bees Citrus Scrub does so much more for my skin than the expensive stuff was doing. My skin had taken on a whole new glow and soft feel! It has become a staple item in my shower.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2007 9:17:00 AM More reviews by cocochanelny

I totally love this facial scrub. Yes, it has a gritty cereal-like texture that looks like it would be too coarse for the face.

This reminds me of the facial scrub my aesthetician would use on my face. She only uses organic, holistic products.

The key to this is to scrub it lightly and gently onto one's face, in a circular motion, directing outwards the face.

Then rinse with warm water... tone & moisturize.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/26/2007 9:11:00 PM More reviews by lilsuziesunshine

Painful and ineffective. I ended up throwing it away.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2007 3:06:00 PM More reviews by mikithebrain

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My skin is BULLET-PROOF (I can use Vaseline as a moisturizer in a pinch and not have any problems), but this product gave me some sort of reaction. I got a sizable rash along my jaw line-- something I've never dealt with before in my life. I will not be purchasing this again, nor would I even if I hadn't had the reaction. The exfoliating bits are not nearly hard enough to truly slough anything off my face and the smell was cloying. I love Burt's Bees products and have tried them all, but this one missed the mark!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2007 2:22:00 PM More reviews by BridgetJ

Err, helloooo? What IS the point of this product? I was given a sample in a Burt's Bees set, and excitedly took it on holiday. It unfortunately missed the mark in so many ways. For starters, it was impossible to get it on my fingers out of the jar, as it had the consistency of slimy clay. And then when I eventually got some out on to my wet hands, the creamy bit seems to completely disappear, leaving a very few, scanty grains. Great. And the grains are too few and too large to have any decent effect on skin. The only thing going for it is the nice smell, but frankly who cares when everything else is so poor. Total disappointment. Waste of money. So I returned to home to my scrub of choice, Avene gentle exfoliating scrub - high density of granules, does a great job. End of tale.