April 18, 2014 | 1064 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Jumbo Eye Shadow Pencil - Milk

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2012 9:35:00 PM More reviews by rachelleanita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a little wonder stick. I bought after noticing that absolutely everybody used it in their looks on Makeupbee. It definitely is an awesome base for shadows. It's creamy enough to make colors stick and be super bright, and helps turn mediocre shadows into awesome looking shadows. It's dry enough so it doesn't move and you can still blend shadows on top of it without a powder base, but I still use UD primer potion just in case. My only complaint is that I feel like I need to tug on my eye to really get a nice base blended on. I suppose I could use a brush, I just don't have time for that. So I end up covering the eye up to the brow bone with white stripes and blending it around with my finger.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 1:07:00 AM More reviews by ariel2229

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I looove this and use it every single day for my eyeshadow and in my inner corners before putting white eyeshadow to brighten it and it helps it stick and last longer. The only problem with this product is its packaging. For one the cap cracks easily and if you close it to far it can squish the product. Anne you can't really sharpen the plastic do you have to depot it I hate it when ppl think once it looses its tip you have to throw it away, such a waste of product all you have to do is depot it. I have had mine for a while now and it takes forever to use up even with every day use. It is amazing for making eyeshadow apply true to color. Though by itself since it its so creamy it will crease so I always use a primer (elf eyelid primer 1$) and apply eyeshadow over it
I don't think I can live without this product

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2012 12:48:00 AM More reviews by brooke2010

LOVE for highlighting. I use this under my brows and sometimes in the inner corner of my eyes. It makes such a huge difference-really brightens up your eyes. I hate how you can't sharpen it, though. Mine is just about down to the very bottom, so I'll have to buy a new one soon. Oh well. It's affordable and not tested on animals, a huge plus for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2012 10:10:00 AM More reviews by mexicancrackles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this.It's such a versatile item because it can be used as a base for eyeshadows, a highlight, or an eyeshadow on its own. Its very pigmented and sticks really well, but you'd need to use your fingers to blend it out as it's quite a dry consistency. I payed around $11AU for this which isn't very expensive. The only problem i have with this, like a lot of people do, is the packaging. At first, i liked the packaging and thought it'd be handy and easy to sharpen, but it really isn't. The pencil is too big even for the jumbo sized sharpeners, and when i try to sharpen it, the product comes off with the plastic. I would recommend buying a nyx eyeshadow base instead, to save yourself the hassle of depotting.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by BeautifulBay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I first got into NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils after seeing many beauty bloggers rave about them. I was intrigued by the variety of colors this line had to offer and the first must have was Milk. I went a little crazy and bought 12 Jumbo Eye Pencils in one trip because they were buy 2 get one free at Ulta. Milk is my most used pencil out of the 12 that I own. It is very versatile and most often use it as a eyebrow highlight as well as putting a bit in my tear ducts, I feel that alone this product does not succeed, You need to put some eye shadow over it with a primer. I would recommend this pencil as the first NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil someone would try. It is the best and most useful. I went back and forth between giving this product 3 and 4 lippies simply because although I do love the product, the packaging is awful. The caps are really cheap and tend to crack if you press a little too hard. I am to the point where the product no longer has a point, its flat. They changed the pencil to be packaged in plastic so sharpening will be a pain. I guess I will just purchase a lip brush or something because sharpening I feel will waste a lot of product. I would love this product more when they would convert the pencil into a mechanical pencil. I am just not a fan of depotting :-( but overall I reccommend this to anyone out there. It was around $2 when I bought them I believe (sale) so there is really not much to lose.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2012 1:45:00 AM More reviews by tampants

This works as a really great base for eyeshadows. I use it all the time when I want something to stand out, like a bright purple shadow. I actually use it when the colours aren't too bright as well, it just helps it to last that much longer. It goes on kind of sticky but once you put your shadow over it that goes away and probably won't bother you. It's really cheap and lasts a long time too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2012 11:59:00 AM More reviews by tsh82

i understand now why this is raved so much. it is such a great primer if you want the colour of the shadow to pop out more. i just tried it, at first i thought wth is this from the stickiness but after i put my shadow on i was astounded :D
definite love for this

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2012 1:11:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this fat pencil the formula is excellent I use it over primer on my lid because whether I want to keep the color in the corner of my eye white it looks like the perfect amount not like i'm over doing it. If I want to put a different color in my eye corner then it stays so much better and looks a lot brighter. It keeps the colors very true and bright.

I really like it as a base because my eye colors really pop. I am using the Vice palette which has some crazy sick colors and the NYX just makes them better and last even longer with UDPP. I need the double insurance because my eyes crease so bad. They produce oil like nobodys biz. It's good in the sense that for my age (33) I have no crows feet but bad for my beloved eye makeup.

With this pencil I have found the way to keep my colors brighter so the payoff is great and for my inner eye it actually lasts! When my eye look is done I will put a dab of Milk right in the middle of my eye.I find that it really opens the eye even more and it doesn't look drastic.
This is really multifunctional I wish there was an easer way to sharpen it I have my Grindhouse so I hope that works!! I kinda wish it was like Tarte's lipsurgence because I like that you can dial it up. I hate wasting product so I will save my shavings in a little sample jars. I know it's weird but it's such a good formula so wasting it just isn't for me.

I do think this is one of the best white pencils I have ever used it's so smooth and creamy and blends like a dream. I will buy this before I run out because I don't want to run out since it's that good!
I also want to try the strawberry milk so that's next on my list. If you like bright colors this is a great way to get excellent payoff from not so great colors I find that Provocateur from UD which is very glittery but it's such a pretty color I can work with it when I use this pencil so it really helps make the colors either stay or give you more bang.

I do think this is my favorite white pencil I will still be trying more but this is very hard to top and for the price it's worth it because it does so much.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2012 4:28:00 PM More reviews by anicath

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I so love this big pencil shadows. I have it in many colors.

It,s cheap and the quality is good :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by anjelykah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is a great eyebrow highlighter. Just dab along the lower eyebrow and blend well. It leaves a nice highlight without looking obvious.