October 2, 2014 | 1104 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Jumbo Eye Shadow Pencil - Milk

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 8:13:00 AM More reviews by TheSilverSnowflake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Violet

After reading many, many blogs raving about this product, I picked one up from Amazon. I first tried it on my waterline, after seeing photos of a bridal fashion show that used that look, and I really like it. It's definitely not an everyday thing for me, but for a formal daytime event, I'd go for it. I wear contacts, and this doesn't irritate my eyes at all. The weartime for my waterline is about 6 hours, if my eyes aren't watery. I've also used it to grey up my basic black kohl, and it blends nicely even on my waterline. I tried it under several colors of eyeshadow, and it really only made a clear difference under very bright colors. (I use Lime Crime's primer just as routine, so I used Milk on top of that. Not sure how it is without any primer.) If I was doing a neon or other dramatic nighttime/special occasion look, I'd probably use it for that. I've seen several people who have successfully depoted their NYX pencils, and I'll probably try it at some point, but I haven't yet. I would prefer it greatly if these were available in a non-pencil variety, but I can deal with the pencil.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 10:09:00 AM More reviews by lara90

I never put on eyeshadow anymore without using this underneath, just lovely. However I dislike the packaging, I donīt have a sharpener big enough to sharpen it, and it looks like it shouldnīt even be sharpened?

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2013 5:39:00 PM More reviews by kekekeitsangee

I needed a nice white, opaque base for some costume makeup and read that NYX's Milk would do the trick and it's cheap. It was absolutely perfect and the shadows I put over it really popped. I'm pretty tan (NC32) so it's too white for me to use as an eyeshadow base, but for lighter complexions I'm sure it'd be lovely!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2013 8:40:00 PM More reviews by iheartmakeup963

I find that since it so creamy that when I apply it on my lids it creases, but it works magic on your waterline. stays all day though since it's not meant for that purpose it can be a bit clumsy, so just be careful lol

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 4:18:00 AM More reviews by RoseeO

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this! Its a must for me before I apply any eyeshadow. I apply my eyeshadow primer first, then I dot the milk pencil on my lid, about 3 dots on each eye, then I blend it out with my finger. It really does make eyeshadow colors pop! As others have said, if you apply too much it will crease! It lasts a long time!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 7:33:00 AM More reviews by JerseyRoja

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Wonderful base for eyeshadows! Also, i make my own lipstick using this and any eyeshadows i want.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2012 7:02:00 PM More reviews by naralph

Great as an inner corner highlight. If you lean toward the oily-er-lids I wouldn't use this as a base as it just doesn't help any other eyeshadow stick (despite others saying it might). I use this every day to highlight my inner corner and love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2012 10:21:00 PM More reviews by carlaaaay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product is used as a base by many people. I use it as abase on top of primer because my eyelids are so oily that it slides right off by itself. It also creases on me.

When used on the waterline, it comes off pretty easily, but I have watery eyes so that's not a big shocker or anything.

It's pretty cheap at Ulta, where I got mine. The cap is cheapy clear plastic and cracks super easily.

Would I buy again? Yes and No. If I can't find anything better, I'll continue to purchase, but do I really want to? No.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 8:06:00 PM More reviews by themerchanwifey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

LOVE this product, makes all shadows pop and stay put. I used this under some inexpensive shadows and they looked much more pigmented. If you own the shimmer 88 palette or any coastal scents palettes this is a MUST. Will buy until they no longer make this product!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2012 1:26:00 PM More reviews by Skylucy01

NYX's jumbo pencil makes an awesome base for eyeshadows