December 18, 2014 | 975 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Jumbo Eye Shadow Pencil - Milk

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2013 3:59:00 AM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Milk is a matte, slightly off-white white that I think is a must-have for all eyeshadow wearers.
It's fantastic as a highlight on the browbone and tear duct, and it can also be worn as a base to make eyeshadows "pop", or even on the waterline to make your eyes appear bigger and brighter.
If worn as a base, however, it does tend to crease, as all the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils do. However, as with all cream products, the more your build, the more it'll crease. Creasing minimizes with a primer and/or MAC Paint Pot or Maybelline Color Tattoo underneath, but I shouldn't really have to.
But, for the $4.50 price tag for a full 5 grams of product, I'm not going to complain (I bought mine for only $3.40 each from Cherry Culture, yeeeee). This seems cheap enough, but it's a total steal compared to Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Shadow Pencils, that cost $20 each for 2.8 g, or even worse, Laura Mercier Caviar Sticks, that cost $24 each for only 0.05 g!
Would I repurchase? Yes.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 11:44:00 AM More reviews by Scarlyanne

This is a great pencil, I've used it as an eyeshadow base a few times with minimal creasing. I mainly used it on Halloween all over my face to give me a paler complexion, it worked amazingly well for that and stayed all night!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Sarah1325

Its okay. I'm just glad it isn't sparkly. I use it as an eyeshadow base and it doesn't crease on me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 3:11:00 PM More reviews by Mellymoomar

This is like a must have base for me in my make up bag. It is very creamy with a nice texture and it is the staple to use for eyeshadow. Mostly, I like to use it for my inner corner, waterline or I stick some on my brow bone, blend out with a brush so it becomes creamier, then put a sheer highlight shadow overtop (current favourite, Venus by Urban Decay) and it makes a beautiful shimmery highlight, and you can choose how dramatic or un-dramatic you want it to be. It is really multipurpose and so cheap. I think my only complaints would be how exactly are you supposed to sharpen it? It doesn't look as though it is meant to be sharpened so I'm a little scared of sticking it in my sharpener. Also, I'm not a fan of using it as a base on my lids because I find it does tend to crease, small areas like the brow bone or the inner corner are fine though. Other than that it is a really good product. Would recommend and buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 8:13:00 AM More reviews by TheSilverSnowflake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Violet

After reading many, many blogs raving about this product, I picked one up from Amazon. I first tried it on my waterline, after seeing photos of a bridal fashion show that used that look, and I really like it. It's definitely not an everyday thing for me, but for a formal daytime event, I'd go for it. I wear contacts, and this doesn't irritate my eyes at all. The weartime for my waterline is about 6 hours, if my eyes aren't watery. I've also used it to grey up my basic black kohl, and it blends nicely even on my waterline. I tried it under several colors of eyeshadow, and it really only made a clear difference under very bright colors. (I use Lime Crime's primer just as routine, so I used Milk on top of that. Not sure how it is without any primer.) If I was doing a neon or other dramatic nighttime/special occasion look, I'd probably use it for that. I've seen several people who have successfully depoted their NYX pencils, and I'll probably try it at some point, but I haven't yet. I would prefer it greatly if these were available in a non-pencil variety, but I can deal with the pencil.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 10:09:00 AM More reviews by lara90

I never put on eyeshadow anymore without using this underneath, just lovely. However I dislike the packaging, I donīt have a sharpener big enough to sharpen it, and it looks like it shouldnīt even be sharpened?

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2013 5:39:00 PM More reviews by kekekeitsangee

I needed a nice white, opaque base for some costume makeup and read that NYX's Milk would do the trick and it's cheap. It was absolutely perfect and the shadows I put over it really popped. I'm pretty tan (NC32) so it's too white for me to use as an eyeshadow base, but for lighter complexions I'm sure it'd be lovely!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2013 8:40:00 PM More reviews by iheartmakeup963

I find that since it so creamy that when I apply it on my lids it creases, but it works magic on your waterline. stays all day though since it's not meant for that purpose it can be a bit clumsy, so just be careful lol

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 4:18:00 AM More reviews by RoseeO

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this! Its a must for me before I apply any eyeshadow. I apply my eyeshadow primer first, then I dot the milk pencil on my lid, about 3 dots on each eye, then I blend it out with my finger. It really does make eyeshadow colors pop! As others have said, if you apply too much it will crease! It lasts a long time!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 7:33:00 AM More reviews by JerseyRoja

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Wonderful base for eyeshadows! Also, i make my own lipstick using this and any eyeshadows i want.