Clinique Aromatics Elixir

3.0

I really loved this scent on a coworker years ago so I bought some.
Then a couple of other people at work complained about the pefume.
Do not know what I would think about it now. Probably too strong.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Some of the reviews for this crack me up... LOL!! Anyway, I purchased a small bottle of this because I love the way it smells when you walk in a room that is fragranced by this. I don't know that I will ever spray it on any part of me, but I do like it as a "room deodorizer." It is strong-- VERY STRONG. I sprayed it in my bedroom into the air- just one, short spritz- and I swear, I am downstairs in my dining room right now and I can smell it all the way down here! A favorite jewelry store of mine always smelled of this, and I finally asked one of the salepersons, "What is that fragrance that has permeated this store ever since I can remember?" And she said, "The owner's wife's perfume!" Then the owner's wife told me what it was (Clinique Aromatics Elixir), and I knew I had to get some so my house could smell as pretty as that jewelry store! LOL! So that is my story and that is the only reason why I like it...

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Beautiful and lemony-fresh with a hint of green. This becomes very floral on me as it warms up. My favorite floral.

I tend to like heavier, "old-lady" perfumes - Youth Dew is a favorite of mine. But this is too much. To me, there are no "notes", there's just an overwhelming "perfume" scent, if that makes any sense. It smells like an old thrift-store sweater - Once upon a time, someone used a ton of gross, heavy perfume and then wore the sweater, then put it into a dark, musty closet... 20 years later the sweater emerged from the dark and smelled like Clinique Aromatics Elixir.
I sprayed this on (a tiny spritz) in my bedroom - big mistake. Now my bedroom has smelled like the thrift store sweater for the past two weeks.

I got this... from my aunt because it was in one of her GWPs..

I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT! Its GROSS! It smells like something a really old grandma would wear. no offense, but its just really bad. I hate it so much!

Its like.... evergreen tree/ rotten flowers/ compost.

Ehh, i dont like it. I prefer something more floral or vanilly

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I was at the Clinique counter a few weeks ago and came across a bottle of this. The packaging is so pretty and girly, I just had to try it. UGH! It smelled so bleck! My fiance walked over and asked why in the world I put on cologne. Thank god I didn't buy this. My dad's cheap aftershave smells better than this junk.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is one of my most hated fragrances of all time. I used to work for Clinique and tried to wear it a few times but always had to end up scrubbing at my arms like a madwoman to get the scent off. I have never smelled the fragrance on anyone and thought "That smells lovely" or even "That doesn't stink". It is incredibly strong, pungent, musky, woody acidic and LONG lasting. I suppose that, along with the bottle, could be counted as positives. Have not bought, will never buy. AVOID.

A guy i dated gave it to me cuz he liked it and wanted me to wear it and i couldn't get it into trash fast enough. Who came up with it? Worst stench ever. Lysol smells better.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I place AE and EL Youth Dew in the same category. Fragrances I wear not only because they smell great on me, they make me feel great because of their aromatherapy properties. Whenever I wear AE, and I apply it with an extremely light hand, I get tons of compliments! Most of the complements are that I smell fresh and relaxing like essential oils and aromatherapy. Most people are surprised I'm wearing a commercial fragrance and not essential oils from the local health food store. I love the perfume as well as the body smoother. The perfume is deeper, damper, mossier, loamier, darker. The lotion is lighter, brighter, sunnier.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This has been my go-to fragrance for over thirty years. In that time, one person has told me that it smelled like "bug spray." Everyone else, and that includes numerous complete strangers - LOVES it and asks me what it is. It is definitely one of those fragrances that differ radically depending on body chemistry. I never tire of it and adore the way it smells on my clothing. The packaging is unremarkable, although I like the simplicity of the bottle itself. A large bottle will last nearly two years for me, and I wear it 364 days a year. Definitely try it before you buy it. You will most assuredly either love it or detest it.

Popular Fragrances